Soniq S55UV16B

Soniq S55UV16B

See the Best 4K Ultra HD TVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Em-EmGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Amazingly good value TV but depends on your needs

Purchased in November 2018 at JB Hifi Home for $599.00.

Corey

CoreyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

It's ok it's not the top of the line but it's ok.

It just doesn't have enough HDMI ports in it and the picture quality could be better . For the price though I guess it's worth what you pay for though so

Purchased in April 2018 at Tens Machines Australia for $299.00.

Honestly salty buyer

Honestly salty buyerSouth-East, TAS

Yeah, I wasted my money so you didnt

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $599.00.

Vla

VlaAU

Love it

We wanted a bigger tv and came across this on sale for $499. Great price for the size and features. Can watch youtube, netflix and can surf the web. I haven't found any downfalls with it so far. For the money it is a great buy. Its light so easy to wall mount as well. Definitely recommend if you dont have thousands to spend but still want a bug, decent smart tv.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Mamele Afamasaga

Mamele AfamasagaSouth East Queensland, QLD

It's alright

I own a Soniq TV, I do have some challenges with the remote, often the sensor is very weak and I have to go up close in order for it to work. I hate having to wait 20-30 seconds just for it to change from its home screen to a channel I left it on etc. If this is your way of brain washing me then its clearly not working.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Soniq are not worth the money

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Darryl

Darryl

Value for money.

Great TV for the price. The picture is great for a cheaper TV. There are USB, HDMI and a few more ports available. The sound settings are adequate, as are the picture settings. The Chromecast is very handy for the family. Everyone has linked to it. Overall, a great TV for a great price.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Wan Lee

Wan Leeperth

Good price but quality is not that good

I have bought this TV from JB hi fi last year before moving into my new house. The price is very tempting which is highly affordable for everyone. The problems of this TV are the picture resolution is not that high and turning on of this TV is very slow.

PJ1981

PJ1981Penrith

Great Value

Was unsure about buying a cheaper TV but picture and sound is great and have had no issues at all. Chromecast is easy to use and everyone in the house is linked to it. Plenty of ports for what we need. JB staff were informative. I will be purchasing another for our family room very soon

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
David H

David HCaloundra

Keeps going wrong

I bout the original tv in 2014. The first tv screen burnt out within 6 months leaving black dots on the screen

The replacement worked well until 2017 when the on off button broke. They took it in to repair it decided there was another fault and replaced

Excellent I though but less than a year later ii had grey patches all over the screen. When reported as a fault (warranty expired Jan 2019) Got told it was out of warranty and they won't do anything

Date PurchasedJun 2014

NMBS

NMBSSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect

Purchased this TV for the parent inlaws. They love the size, the picture quality is pretty good for the price. Great for watching Foxtel or movies. I purchased it about a year ago, it has never missed a beat. Would recommend this TV to any one, looking to buy an inexpensive tv for the lounge room or even the bedroom.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

R Hall

R Hall

perfect 2nd tv

we bought this as a 2nd tv to be used in the kids' den and it is perfect for that kind of use.
I wouldn't recommend it as a primary use TV but it is fine for watching cartoons, youtube, xbox gaming, etc., but not for serious movie watching.
Bright colours are fine but black, grey, and dark colours can be very muddy and blocky.
Really needs extra speakers hooked up as the internal ones are sub-par.

overall it works great as a 2nd or kids' TV but you will want something better for your main watch

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Ryan Dowling

Ryan Dowling

Cheap and nasty

This was a cheap tv, but I didn't think it could be as bad as it is.

It's touted as a smart tv. It's not though. The few apps it does have don't work correctly, if at all. There is no way to add apps either, so you're stuck with a crappy youtube and file manager (which struggles to play modern formats).

The picture itself is not bad, the sound is terrible and it cannot do 4K 60fps, so is useless for hooking up to a PS4.

Good as a spare, cheap tv only.

katja

katjaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Sharp picture, good quality/price

We got this tv about 6 months ago and pricewise this is a very good buy. Picture and color and very sharp, and for a flatscreen TV the sound is bold and not missing too much bass. The base of the TV though is a bit wobbly and the TV sways a bit when the aircon is on high, maybe we need to reposition it though. As for the smart TV part, we don't use it a lot. It's android based and doesn't look really flash, but like i said..we don't really use it so we don't care much about that.All in all, price/quality..it is a good buy and we are very halpy with it

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Matt

MattMelbourne

Great picture, poor 'smarts'

Picture looks great, especially when we stream 4K Netflix from our Telstra TV2. Speakers are adequate, although don't have too much depth at high range - obviously you're not going to get cinema-quality sound. Plenty of ports. Smart part of the TV isn't worth buying just for that - you buy this because its a cheap TV and combine with a Telstra TV, Apple TV or Chromecast Ultra to stream 4K.

Chris

Chrissydney

please do yourself a favour and avoid this brand

The picture quality claimed is all rainbows till you bting it home and plug it on. Its so poor that lcd tvs from 10 years ago had better picture quality.please understand "THIS IS NOT A SMART T.V" They have about 10 apps among wich only 2 or 3 work and you will never get any updates. In less than 2 years your t.v will be discontinued and they will not send any updates or support for this product. Even youtube is not supported in some 58" models but claim to be ultra horrible smart t.vs.
Save some money and get a name brand. This company does not have even a reputation to live upto.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Gurpreet Singh

Gurpreet SinghCarseldine

Worst tv

Hi. I bought new soniq tv which have 3 year exchange warranty. The manger at jb hifi is josh he is very rude . I have some problem in tv but manger is not answering for anything .fisrt when I bought a new tv manger said it’s 3 year exchange warranty but when occur after 2 month then he said I can’t do anything

jojo

jojogold coast

Great TV

the picture quality is fantastic Crystal clear, the sound is clear and no static. The operating system and everything is great. Connection to all my devices is good, no issues and easy to use. everything with this TV is fabulous. easy to use and great price. I have had no problems with kogan products

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Krissie

KrissieSydney

Great Cheap TV

This TV is very affordable for the size and quality of picture. It also looks pretty sleek and modern. The picture is great quality, vibrant colours. It has lots of ports (USB and HDMI). Audio could be a bit better and clearer. It takes little a while to start once switched on. Not the best choice at all if you want a smart TV with a lot of functions, apps are out of date and few, we never use it for anything but watching TV (obviously) and using the PlayStation and it works perfectly for that.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Joe blow

Joe blowFairfield

Good cheap tv

The tv is very cheap for its size. It has a great picture quality for it value. The sound is good enough for a bedroom as long as the base setting isnt up too high. The tv is a great value tv for the price i paid from bigw in my area.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Ebony S.asked

How do I loop videos on the usb inserted

Ebony S.

got it! must have all videos ticked/selected using blue button and then push play

Bruce W.

Bruce W.asked

16 inch with dvd player works but unable to change channels manually or with remote

Em-Em

Change remote batteries, if they;re weak they can cause that. If not Return/Exchange it; Alternatively, plug in a Google / Fetch set top box and use that to select your content through the TV apps.

Brad C

Brad Casked

We purchased a Soniq S55UV16B-AU smart TV late last year (Nov/Dec 2017).

In general I feel it's good value for the money... though:
1) it did not include a hard-copy manual (i.e. printed version)... the manual instead being an electronic version stored in the TV, which seems unable to be referred to whilst attempting to follow instructions, and
2) the remote is not particularly 'user friendly'... particularly for Netflix.

I’ve searched on-line, including on the Soniq website... trying to download a manual to print for reference. Though all I can find is an 8-page Quick Reference Guide.

Does anyone know:
a) from where I can download the full manual,
b) or how to copy it from the TV to a USB stick,
c) and if there are any remote control instructions for using Netflix (the remote and TV functions seem very user ‘unfriendly’, as I cannot use the on screen menus, etc.)

Thanks.

Get an answer from our members and Soniq representatives

Category4K Ultra HD TVs