Sony CMT-SBT300WB

Sony CMT-SBT300WB

See the Best Speakers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Review Queen

Review QueenSydney

Worst electronic purchase ever & poor aftercare.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

apartmentdweller

apartmentdwellerPerth

zero customer support - stuck with a brick

While we were very happy with the performance of this unit, it has failed completely after 2 1/2 years. The error message is not listed in the trouble-shooting section of the manual, and nothing works, not even the power button. Sony's supposed support staff hand-balled us to our local 'service agent', who isn't familiar with the model and won't even look at it without paying a fee up-front. Good Guys were equally unhelpful - it seems that both Sony and the Good Guys consider it unreasonable to expect a product to last even three years now. Won't buy Sony again.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
kam

kamMelbourne

no problems

i noticed many reviews stating the unit is slow and always displays a "please wait" screen, mine doesnt? if i press the cd tray eject, it ejects instantly. the sound is fine, yes it lacks deep bass, but this is a compact hifi, not a full dj home party system. the digital radio, bluebooth, usb and wireless functionality are great.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Gee, always the bad experiences write a review

How often do you see products with bad reviews and few good reviews? We have this unit and have been using for months. Its a lovely unit for the simple user wanting nice sound. The kids hook up easily their Bluetooth devices and stream their music, controling playlists and volume. Dont be put off by those who have had a bad experience, because everyone knows thar unfortunately some units can be a lemon. In our case, the unit is a keeper and worth the money.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

JNodar

JNodarSpring Farm NSW 2570

A good sound

For such a small (100 w) system it really sounds good. Only draw back is the speaker wires are too short (which I had to change). Compact and easy to fit in small places (office, den, etc.) the sound fills the room well and most stereo stations are picked up with your auto scan.

Richard M

Richard MAdelaide

Advertised Features don't work

The music streaming feature does not work on this player. Have been in contact with Sony support for 3 months and they have not even suggested a fix, they just seemed to drop the issue. Terrible support from Sony Australia.

On the plus side the DAB radio has excellent reception. Ultimately there are far cheaper options out there and the only reason we went for this was the internet streaming.

Hugh

HughCairns

Came with an intermittent fault. Do not expect any warranty support from Sony

The hifi came with a fault where it turns off intermittently. I first raised the issue with Sony customer support 7 months ago and have been riding the most frustrating merry go round since.
The hifi has been to the service center twice. The second time it came back heavily scratched.
I have escalated the issue 4 times since by sending a video of the fault. Each time I call they have no record of the last time I escalated the issue or sent the video. I am told the issue will be escalated again and I will be contacted in 24hrs. I never get contacted.
I am at the point where I feel my only option is to throw it in the bin