Spacetalk Questions & Answers

MPNs: SP-1005G, SP-1005P, SP-1005T and SP1000-SP
Listing monitored by Spacetalk

178 questions from our users

Melasked

Just bought spacetalk adventurer. My boy can't hear people he's talking to. It's muffled and faint. I have turned up the volume while in call to high and no change. On the flip side I can hear him loud and clear on my phone

Hi Mel,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. If you have checked that nothing is covering the speaker port and this issue is persisting, please contact our support team on 1300 087 423 or email support@spacetalkwatch.com

- Spacetalk Team

paremusic
paremusicasked

Hi,
My sons Spacetalk watch has some randomn woman on his voicemail as the asnwering machine. Also his watch never ever rings it goes straight to this voicemail. I cant find where o change it! It was brought brand new instore at officeworks

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear about this. If you are experiencing issues with calling going to voicemail, then I would recommend contacting your SIM provider to enquire about this. We are also happy to go through some troubleshooting with you to help resolve this issue. You can contact us via our email support@spacetalkwatch.com or via our phone number 1300 087 423 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm AEST).

Kind Regards,
Maddi

Bianca H.
Bianca H.asked

My sons spacetalk adventurer has come off the charger with a green screen ? Anyone know what this is ? I’ve done a soft reset with no luck

Hi Bianca,

I'm sorry to heart that this has happened to your watch. Could you please contact our support team so they can assist with a resolution for you? Their number is 1300 087 423 or email support@spacetalkwatch.com

KirstyM
KirstyMasked

Hi my daughters watch band has broken on one side and is damaged. Can I buy a new one and replace myself or does this need to be sent in to be done?

Hi Kristy,

I'm sorry to hear this has happened to your daughter's watch!
If you could contact us via our support email with some photos of the damaged band, then we'll be able to provide you with a resolution.

support@spacetalkwatch.com

Rob M.
Rob M.asked

How do you remove and replace the watch band. I cannot seem to find any instructions on how to remove the old band.

Hi Rob,

The watch band for the Spacetalk Kids are attached internally, and require disassembly by one of our technicians to have them replaced.

To organise this, please contact us via email at support@spacetalkwatch.com or phone on 1300 087 423 and we'll be more than happy to help you.

Gosh
Goshasked

I am trying to pair kids spacetalk watch after the battery was fixed under warranty but the pairing is non responsive. We reset the watch, we are able to call it from my phone (sim working) but can't pair it do my kid can use it. Any ideas?

Hi Gosh,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. Could you please contact our support team so they can investigate this and provide a resolution. Call 1300 087 423 or email support@spacetalkwatch.com for assistance.

Maryam H.asked

Hi , I’ve bought my son a Spacetalk watch and activated a boost prepaid sim, boost is compatible with 4g but does convert to 3G when 4g is unavailable. I’ve inserted it to my sons watch but no sim card is being detected. I believe my sons watch is compatible with 3G is there anyway to have the existing sim work on his watch ?

Hi Maryam,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your son's watch. A Boost SIM is compatible with certain models of Spacetalk (IF-W515C, SP-L4G-1 and ST2-4G-1). I would recommend checking your model number on the back of your watch, and contact our support team so they can investigate for you. The number to call is 1300 087 423 or you can email support@spacetalkwatch.com

Maryam H.

It turns out the little metal sim tray at the back of the watch that locks the sim in place is missing. Thats why it isn’t detecting that there’s a sim inserted. I’ve spoken to customer service and I’ll be sending it in for repairs.

Ashley T.asked

Can you see and read the messages people send to your child on their Spacetalk adventure watches?

Hi Ashley,

Thank you for your question. At this point in time, there is no feature available to view the messages other people send to the Spacetalk watch. However, these messages can be seen on the watch itself. I will pass this on as feedback to our team to consider in the future.

-Mia

Brooke
Brookeasked

My daughters Spacetalk adventure watch strap has snapped
How do I get it fixed?
Thanks Brooke

Hi Brooke,

I'm sorry to hear this has happened to your daughter's watch.

If you're able to get in contact with us via support@spacetalkwatch.com, as well as being able to send us some photos of the damaged strap, then we would be able to help you with this issue!

Quitten Y.asked

Hi I’m just trying to fix my watch to get it set up but I was trying to figure out settings and tried APN, data roaming etc but it asks for a password and I haven’t added one to the watch! I just really don’t know what to do let alone having trouble with the sim as well but this is really annoying! Can you please tell me what to do!?

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with setting up your watch. I would recommend contacting our support team so they can assist. The number is 1300 087 423 or you can email support@spacetalkwatch.com

Quitten Y.

@Spacetalk thanks! I ended up figuring it out and am very happy thx!

SpacetalkSpacetalk

That's great news! Hopefully there are no issues from here but please let us know if there is anything we can assist with!

Harvinder
Harvinderasked

Hi, is it possible to replace the plastic body of the Spacetalk watch? My son happened to break the plastic cover where the strap gets attached to.

Hi Harvinder,

I'm sorry to hear this has happened to your son's watch!

When available, are you able to send through some photos of the broken housing of the watch to support@spacetalkwatch.com?
Then we'll be able to organise to have your watch repaired.

Deannaasked

Is there a way to monitor the child’s texts (incoming and outgoing) on the watch/app? I can see a limited number of incoming texts only.

Hi Deanna,

Currently you're only able to see your own messages with the child using the watch on your app. If you'd like to view their other messages, that would need to be done through the watch itself.
However, I will pass this on to our development team as consideration for future improvement.

Thanks Jasmin!

Ashley T.

Thank you, this was my exact question and I think it would be a great upgrade and new safety feature. It would all be handy to ensure they weren’t constantly annoying people as these watches are targeted at children who are quite young.

Georgie
Georgieasked

Hi there
Can you please recommend an alternate watch band for Spacetalk, the one on the watch is too big and too difficult for my daughter to put on. Do Apple or a different brand fit?
Georgie

Jordana

Hi Georgie Apple do a cheaper SE cellular model that you can set up via family sharing using Truphone to connect if you don’t have an iPhone to pair with!

Hi Georgie,

Unfortunately we only have one type of band currently available for the Spacetalk Adventurer. I will however pass this on to our development team as something we can improve for the future.

NAS
NAS

We also have this issue. It’s really hard for us as parents to fasten. Our 8yr old son can’t do it by himself. Would love to be able to purchase an easier to use band

Iman A.
Iman A.asked

How long does the space talk last until you need a new one

Hi Iman,

The life time of the watch depends on how it's used and treated.
We have many customers who are using watches that are 3+ years old.

The watches are also covered under a 12 month warranty!

Jordana

Hi Iman, my watches don’t actually work, they are unable to text or call or track most of the time. However I haven’t been refunded so I would recommend another brand!

Elizabeth Y.
Elizabeth Y.asked

Hi there, I bought my daughter a spacetalk kids watch but the edge of the screen has a crack in it and the band has completely come off. Is there any way to have this repaired? She only just got it for her last birthday.

Hi Elizabeth,

I'm sorry to hear this has happened to your daughter's watch!
When available, are you able to contacts us via support@spacetalkwatch.com with some photos of the screen and band? Then we'll be able to help organise a resolution for you.

Indra P.asked

Hello,
We brought a Spacetalk adventurer early this year and seems to work very well. My son has unfortunately broken the wristband and upon looking to replace realise it is connected to the watch clasp. Is there a way to get this fixed.
Regards Indra

Unhappy
Unhappy

You can contact Spacetalk and they should fix it under warranty. Hopefully

Hi Indra,

I'm sorry to hear this has happened to your son's watch!
When available, are you able to contact us via support@spacetalkwatch.com with some photos of the damaged band, then we'll be able to work out the fastest solution for you.

Great thanks Jasmin, will do

Stephanie S.
Stephanie S.asked

can anyone please recommend a reliable sim plan to use for the space talk adventurer watch please.

Hi Stephanie we used Aldi Pay as you go and works a treat
Indra

Hi Stephanie,

We have two recommended SIm plans that we use for testing here and have a great experience with.

For the Telstra Network:
Woolworths Mobile Mini - $10 per month with unlimited talk and text + 1GB of data

For the Optus/Vodafone Network:
Amaysim - $12 per month with unlimited talk and text + 2GB of data

And as Indra mentioned above, Aldi is also a very reliable and affordable option as well!

Chan
Chan

How can I see the messages my daughter sends to people

Kel
Kelasked

Is it possible to find a call and message history on the app or phone?

JustACrochet M.
JustACrochet M.

Everything goes through app but messaging is confusing and can be slow. There’s ‘message's’ and ‘chat’ if messages is used then no record

Hi Kel,

Call and text history can't be seen on either app or watch.
You can however, see the chat history on both app and watch.

Nicolle L.
Nicolle L.asked

Unfortunately I dropped my daughters new spacetalk which has smashed the screen. All seems to still be working OK for now but I need to have the glass replaced. Is this possible?
Thankyou

Hi Nicolle,
I'm sorry to hear that this has happened to your daughter's watch!
When available, if you could send some photos of the broken screen to support@spacetalkwatch.com, we'll be able to help you with this issue.

Additionally, you're welcome to call us on 1300 087 423 AUS/1800 087 423 NZ

Melasked

I’ve just set up the spacetalk adventurer. I’ve added myself as a contact in the app. It lets me text but not call. Any idea why it won’t call either from my phone or the watch??

Hi Mel,
If you've added yourself as a contact there shouldn't be a reason as to why you can't contact the watch.
To help you resolve this issue, please contact us on 1300 087 429 or support@spacetalkwatch.com
- Jasmin

Get an answer from our members and Spacetalk representatives

Other Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers