Spinifex Premium Gazebo

2.3

Hickman

Hickman Hobart, TAS

Not good

Brought a 6 x 3 spinifex gazebo from anaconda on sale, last one, display in shop
Second trip out the frame broke putting it up, the sides don’t match up with the Velcro on the gazebo roof, stitching came apart on the roof cover clips, the whole gazebo bent, broke and ripped in a mild breeze
Complete waste of money went in the rubbish, would never buy spinifex gazebo again
Don’t waste your money

Purchased in December 2020 at Anaconda for $300.00.

Aamirch657

Aamirch657Sydney, NSW

Frame snapped with minor wind

The frame snapped in minor wind when others (kings, oztrail, wanderer) stood high. It happened at the camping ground
I took it back to Anaconda and they accepted a refund, however told me that it should not be used when its windy. How is that even allowed to be sold in AU if it cannot withstand windy conditions. You have no control over wind and cannot be expected to protect the thing that is supposed to protect you!!

Purchased in November 2020 at Anaconda.

Best gazebo I’ve ever owned

My Spinifex gazebo is the only one still going. I’ve owned a couple of different name brands and this is the only one that hasn’t failed. Had it for 7 years and used a lot, only just replaced the canopy in January. Would 100% recommend, if you treat them right, they won’t let you down.

Purchased in March 2013.

Les

Les Perth, WA

Gazebo

I have recently purchased a premium gazebo and used it twice found to holes in the top , also purchased a wall to fit on one side the Velcro tabs don’t line up anywhere and the Velcro tabs are coming away from the stitching

Purchased in September 2020.

Joe

JoeDarling Downs, QLD

These are useless. Lasted 2 days. Do not buy. Don’t even want to give one star

Frame cracked after 2 days. Bought the tent to go with it and didn’t even get to use it coz the gazebo already busted. Do not buy.
And I’m supposed to write at least 30 words to make a review. So Please do not buy again.

Purchased in December 2020 for $140.00.

campingguy

campingguySouth East Queensland, QLD

3 years later, still going good

I bought this PREMIUM version about 3 years ago and have used extensively on trips to the beach, camping and bbq in the parks, sometimes leaving it up for days at a time. It holds up pretty well too in rain and wind. It is pretty easy to set up (if you have a friend) and the poles are very strong. It has a tough powdercoating on the metal which is scratch resistant. After using it on the beach many times it has almost no rust and all joints are still working perfect.
I don't leave reviews often but since so many people seem to be reporting their issues I thought I'd leave my experience as reference. I think the cheaper standard (non-premium) version may actually not be that good but the premium, in my opinion, has been great.

Purchased in October 2017 at Anaconda Physical store for $299.00.

James M

James MSouth East Queensland, QLD

No spare parts.

Bought a 3 X 4.2m anti-pooling gazebo from Anaconda a year ago. One of the maroon coloured struts snapped at the rivet so contacted Anaconda for a replacement part. Sorry, no replacement struts available for that model, she says. So my only option is to chuck it and buy another one? Sorry, I can't answer that one, she says. So before you buy anything like that ask them about availability of spare parts because they won't warn you beforehand. Can't offer any other review on the product as I only used it once.

Purchased in March 2019 at Anaconda, Chermside, QLD. for $299.00.

Shaun D.

Shaun D.Perth, WA

Poor quality canopy. No warranty.

Bought in December 2019. Has been used a few times. Canopy has faded noticably. Stiching has torn in light-medium wind. Edge banding has turned to dust. Poor Quality. Do NotBuy!

Purchased in December 2019 at Anaconda Physical store for $399.00.

Poor quality

We brought this along with the gazebo hut to go camping thinking it was a high quality brand. We have used it a total of 3 times. It has rained lightly once or twice but no pooling at all. However in spite of this the canopy is falling apart. The flimsy material is ripping and the seams are pulling apart leaving holes in the canopy. Seriously a joke. Don't buy this product save your money.

Purchased in December 2018.

Deon.P

Deon.PGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Pathetic in the rain.

Had the gazebo up for 1 night, unfortunately it seemed like it can't even handle a single nights worth of rain. Leaked all night, everything is soaked. Pathetic. Don't waste your money.

Purchased in April 2019 for $130.00.

replacement canopy

Bought the deluxe heavy duty 3.6x 3.6 on special of course after last gazebo collapsed from water pooling. while the frame is sturdier the canopy is not extra tough. Still water pooled but the thing is I had it stored under house in garage (3-4 YEARS OLD VERY LIMITED USE) but it has deteriorated to extent that hold down straps broke when erected.
Anaconda do not sell spare parts. No replacement canopies for them so frame is a throw away.
Won't be buying anything from them in the future or spinifex.
REALLY SLACK

Purchased in March 2015.

Gary

GaryCentral Queensland, QLD

Worst Gazebo and service from anaconda

Bought gazebo 2 weeks ago, was up for 4 days over a spa pool behind a house, had 15mm of rain overnight and collapsed, was told had it set up as a permanent structure and no warranty, So if you want to go camping for a week don't buy

Purchased in January 2019 at Anaconda for $149.00.

Ute chick

Ute chickSouth East Queensland, QLD

Spinifex Gazebo

Poorly designed, used twice as per instructions frame snapped, legs gave away, flimsy design not suitable for the purpose. definitely no recommended

Let me spin you a tale

So I bought this, plus the walls and sleeping add-on, and just finished an event down in Boddington W.A. There was winds, and storms, rain, thunder, the lot. Tents collapsing, shelters tumbling....all except mine. This wonderful thing took EVERYTHING and laughed at it. The walls zip together, by the way. AMAZING. The worst that happened was a tiny bit of weather forcing its way under the walls, no real biggie. 10/10 recommend.

Viperpixie

ViperpixieSeaford Rise

Warning: do not buy this product as it’s extremely hazardous

The frame of this product is structurally unsafe. I was unlucky enough to have had my car under this gazebo when the frame failed and it has severely damaged the paintwork on my car. There was no pooled water or anything on the canopy and If I or any other person was under it when it failed it could have caused serious injuries.
This gazebo is definitely not structurally safe for Australian conditions as the product states.

3 Tries The Charm

In the past year I have invested in 3 different brands of gazebo. The first had insufficient anchors and became an oversized kite. The second, complete with 'anti-pooling tech', filled with water, split and wrecked my outdoor table which was underneath. So, not to be put off the idea of a shelter being able to do it's job, I bought a 6x3 Spinifex gazebo on special at Anaconda. Over the past few days Bendigo has experienced mid to high 30* temps, torrential rain and strong winds and the gazebo has taken it all. Bravo. Can only guess that those with problems didn't erect it properly.

Avoid spinifex gazebo from anaconda

I bought the Spinifex gazebo left it overnight in the rain. Water pooled in the canopy & the entire frame bent and snapped. I went to Anaconda as I have only had this for 4 months so it is has a 12 month warranty. They won't honour the warranty as I left it overnight. Avoid this product, I was just lucky no one was under it as there would have been an injury otherwise. This is Anacondas own brand.

m BArker

m BArkercairns

Spinifex Premium II Gazebo Grey 4.5 x 3 m

Had a cheap colemans shelter from Bunnings lasted 3-5 years. sun/wind and rain. got thrashed, did well. Thought I would try the spinifex. First time I used it, water pooled and struts snapped and bent. In their description it said make for Australian conditions. warranty doesn't cover it. Crap excuse from manager and staff. never buying from Anaconda again. made a $250 mistake

Poor quality, with poor after sale services.

Bought it only for two years from Anaconda. Used about 4-5 times. The canopy torn while a strong wind and lost a screw. Went to Anaconda ask to buy a replacement canopy and screw. They don't sell parts. It is finished, Don't buy cheap. It cost more. Anaconda need to improve their after sale services.

Excellent 6mtr gazebo

This is my first gazebo & so pleased with it . Went camping in rainy & windy weather at Easter & did not pool or leak . I bought walls as well . Kept all the weather out .

Paddy M.

Paddy M.asked

I bought a premium spinifex gazebo from anaconda about 8 to 10yrs ago...it was 3.3m x3.3 metre
I want to replace the canopy only...cant find this size anywhere...can you help me please

Shaun D.

Shaun D.asked

Has anyone successfully had Anaconda warranty anything at all on their Spinifex Gazebos?

I'm about to lodge a complaint with consumer protection because the poor quality of the canopy.1: Its not UV stablised. The edge banding has turned to powdery-dust, and the fabric has faded on the top. 2: A light-medium wind gust caused most of the seams to tear out where the straps that hold the canopy attach (the reinforcement rectangles). I called the store I bought from and the first guy i spoke to claimed to be the manager and said "no warranty for accidental wind damage". Sounds more like not fit for purpose to me. At the time of purchase I was also told by the sales guy that the quality was just as good as OzTrail because its made by OzTrail and rebranded for them. My 10-15 year old 3x3 is still going well. Can't say the same for this few-month-old Spinifex.

ross

rossasked

is there a replacement canopy for the spinifex premium gazebo, I thought at the time of purchase I was advised that there are thanks Ross

Amanda A.
Amanda A.

I think the OzTrail replacement canopy that you can get from Bunnings should fit. They are both made by the same company and same size, so I don’t see why it wouldn’t. They are all basically the same. I have 2 different brand wall for my gazebo and they also are identical, just different colours.

See all Spinifex Premium Gazebo questions