SsangYong Musso

SsangYong Musso Questions & Answers

Musso Sports, Musso (See All)
Listing monitored by SsangYong

178 questions from our users

Cam
Camasked
Musso Sports (2004-2006)

Hi, I have a 2005 Musso Sports 2x4 manual turbo diesel and it is time for a new clutch. I have been told by my mechanic that the vehicle will have one of two flywheel and clutch assemblies: it may be either a Dual Mass Flywheel (DMF) or a Single Mass Flywheel (SMF).
1. is this the actually the case
2. if so, is there any way to determine which I have without removing the gearbox
3. he suggests that if it is a DMF I should replace it with a SMF conversion kit -- is this a good idea?
TIA

How is the Musso painted

John D.
John D.asked
Musso Sports (2004-2006)

Have a 2003 musso ute with 5cyl diesel motor that will not turn off with ign key any suggestions please

gummy1
gummy1asked
Musso Sports (2004-2006)

Where do I check automatic transmission oil there's no dipstick

murf
murfasked
Musso

I have lost my lights on auto mode 2020 SSang Yong Musso Ultimate plus. Will it be a fuse or could it be something else. The vehicle has done 53,000 Km’s

Kevin I.

Cost to replace gear shift bush

Matt D
Matt Dasked
Musso EX (2019-2022)

Please can I have an honest appraisal as to how these vehicles perform off-road? I’m not talking about massive bog holes and rock hopping; but I am a genuine high country regular and am coming from a 2010 pathfinder which has been rock solid :-)

Rainer G.asked
Musso Sports (2004-2006)

Where are the glow plugs located

Rainer G.

Do you need to take the intake manifold off, to change the glow plugs?

James Adairasked
Musso ELX (2019-2022)

Please contact me about my ute 2021 Musso, had major issues with motor and suspension and i need something done as the dealer is useless. 02 9642 2030

Dan M.
Dan M.

Ring your dealer

Read what i said Dan

Tony S.
Tony S.asked
Musso

where is the transmission plug on a manual transmission four door turbo deselect Mercedes motor

Tony S.
Tony S.asked
Musso

where is the transmission plug on a manual transmission four door turbo desiel

Clark Kent
Clark Kent

Tony if you are a bit more specific I am sure someone can help, month, year Musso please

Doug B.asked
Musso Sports (2004-2006)

Has anyone modified the centre console and cup holders

George B.asked
Musso Sports (2004-2006)

Starts first turn of key after glow plug light goes off dash. Runs smooth until warm then runs rough idling in traffic. I put it in neutral and sometimes it settles. Rpm doesn't change and driving acceleration is good. On rare occasions it is whisper quiet as it should be. Temperature goes to just under half at maximum. Given its age I reckon that is ok. Any idea what might be the issue? Oh, recently when running the glow plug lights shows on the dash. I stress it has only happened 4 times and ran fine. Now light stays off when running.

Doug B.

U need to replace the glow plugs, I have the same issue, ute starts then glow plug light comes on, goes off after a few moments

Thanks Doug.

No problem

George B.asked
Musso

I have a 2005 musso sports. Auto transmission. Starts easy but when warmed up it runs a bit rough in idle, if I engage neutral sometimes it settles. Rpm remains steady. On rare occasions it is whisper quiet, pure heaven. Any ideas of problem cause?

Michael K.
Michael K.asked
Musso Ultimate (2019-2022)

Going up hill when I accelerate the cat does not change gear

Louise.vgasked
Musso Sports (2004-2006)

I have a Sports Ute. All of a sudden wouldn't keep running (had problems with glow plugs but auto electrician fixed that). So it would start and then seem to run out of fuel after 10 seconds. Got a diesel mechanic to look at and he said $4000 to replace the injection pump etc. I said thanks but no thanks. It's very hard to start but now that the fuel pump has been taken out and put back in, once you start it the car keeps running.

Confused as to where to go from here.

Louise.vg

I think you are right about the solenoid. Now it won't shut off even with the key out. No one to help so I will have to let it run out of fuel.

Get an answer from our members and SsangYong representatives

SsangYong Musso