Express, Dark, Classic
See the Best Self-Tanning Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for St. Tropez? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.1
  • Causes Irritation Yes (0) · No (3)
  • Stains ClothesYes (2) · No (0)
  • Colour
  • Smell
  • Ease of Application
  • Coverage

Do not waste your money.

Horrible. Not worth the price at all. Fades in 2 days, yet impossible to get the remainder off. Got this to treat myself thinking for the price point it would be amazing. I hated it on the first application but decided to not give up and try it another 3 times and I still HATE it, there is not a single thing I like about it. My $10 Le tan ultra dark is far superior and I would never buy anything from st tropez again.

Purchased in June 2021 at Chemist Warehouse for $60.00.

Georgia
GeorgiaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Very Even and *less* of a fake tan smell

I love this because I leave it on for the full 3 hours after I get home from work and wash it off right before bed. The tan lasts 5 or so days which is the longest of any of the express tans I've used. I also only slightly smell like fake tan the next day!

It's a little $$ so I always get it when it's on sale at Priceline

Purchased in February 2020 at Priceline.

Natarsha T.
Natarsha T.South East Queensland, QLD

So Disappointing

I tried this tan when I was unable to restock my Loving Tan & had high hopes from all the good things I have heard over the years... This is by far the worst tan I have ever used, it goes on so patchy it is literally impossible to do my own back which I can do with every other tan I’ve used and I have never felt more sticky in my life. The worst part is it goes SIGNIFICANTLY lighter when you wash it off even if you leave it on overnight it makes no difference and is practically gone within 2 days. The only good thing about this product is the scent. 100% never buying again.

Purchased in December 2019 at Priceline for $59.99.

Vana V.
Vana V.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

BEST COLOUR

The tan glides on so easily, isn't patchy and is the perfect colour. If you have olive skin I would definitely recommend. It also doesn't smell as bad as other tans.

Self-Tanning Products

Find out how St. Tropez Bronzing Mousse compares to other Self-Tanning Products

Lana
LanaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing -

I have been tanning for many years. I tried the st. Tropez express tan as it was half price. I was very impressed with the ease of application. (Tip: I use my hands and wash with Sard Laundry Soap bar after- clean hands for years now! ) the product has a slight smell. No biggie. I applied two layers. Did my makeup and let dry then did a third application , let dry then left for solid 8 hours. Amazing golden tan. Had shower, still there and lasts a solid 3-5 days. I have tried many and this one is my new favourite. Only problem is that the price is a fair bit when not on sale. Dried fine, comes off even - no crusty flake. I was very impressed with this product. And trust me- I have used more than a few.

Chrissy
ChrissyAU

The more expensive isn't necessarily the best

I have used St. Tropez many times and I must say I find that it isn't as good as bondi sands. Although this product smells pleasant and provides a natural tanned look I wouldn't spend the extra money on it. I find St. Tropez to be not as natural looking and has more of a strong smell compared to bondi sands. I have tried many different brands of tanning products and it may not be my number one choice it's probably second best. Just because it cost more doesn't mean it's better.

Terrible

I've been using fake tan for the past ten years and on a whim I thought I'd try this one. I expected big things because it was so expensive compared to other fake tans.
I was so disappointed! It went on patchy and dried streaky. I'm an expert at fake tanning and have always had amazing results with other tanners.. This one is by far the worst one I've used. Would not recommend this to anyone.. Sorry guys :(

Worth It?

I brought this tan when it wasn't on sale so it was a bit pricey, my first reaction when I had finished applying it was it was great! it dried really quick which was good because I didn't have to wait around for it to dry. After the tan had developed the color was amazing, I wasn't orange because of the green base to the tan. But as soon as i hopped in the shower to wash the excess off I felt and it looked like all the tan I put on the night before had completely disappeared!
Maybe you have to apply it everyday or its just my skin?
But in my opinion it didn't last at ALL!
Im hoping to try the darker one and see how that goes! As I don't really think I would repurchase it.

CarinaB123
CarinaB123Melbourne

Beautiful tan until I hit the shower??

Self-Tanning Products