Stihl FSA 65 / FSA 85

Stihl FSA 65 / FSA 85

FSA 65 and FSA 85

See the Best Electric Whipper Snippers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Unhappy

UnhappyNew South Wales

Whipper snipper failure

I am sadly disappointed by Stihl the company when my whipper sniper broke down . It was a very useful efficient tool . BUT there was no advice to say to never wet the head as the electric motor is there and not sealed . Water in the motor shorted out the control unit at the switch which was quoted at two thirds the cost of replacing the machine. Causing huge environmental waste and massive cost to myself . I tried to speak to Stihl who said they would get back to me but never did .

Noise Level
Safety
Product is used: Weekly
Grass Type Tall grass

Randall

RandallSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good, but a few drawbacks

Purchased in March 2017.

Noise Level
Safety
Product is used: Weekly
Grass Type Short grass

Lightweight, powerful, long battery life

This trimmer is lightweight for this over 50 woman and it has two lines of trimming power that really take care of the weeds. The battery lasts a long time but I have two batteries since I also use it for my Stihl lawnmower. It was difficult to get the battery released but since I pulled out the prongs at the back a little and used vaseline on the sides it has been much easier. I also had difficulty refilling the spool with trimmer line but now I clean out the spool and make sure that I insert the twine until it is engaged in the spool. This is much better than dragging a heavy cord around my yard or carrying a heavy gas powered trimmer.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

How to do complicated when you can do simple

How to do complicated when you can do simple... The system for putting cutting line is RIDICULOUSLY STUPID AND COMPLICATED! GOOD LUCK! I am a landscape pro of 20 plus years and have never seen such a complicated spooling system to replace the cutting line. I PROMISE YOU WILL WANT TO RIP YOUR HAIR OUT!

Date PurchasedJun 2018

DaveMelbourne

Waste of money. Stihl offer poor customer service

Five weeks old, Used it twice to have a piece of long grass get caught between the motor and spool head. Ruined motor. Stihl refusing to fix under warranty or refund money. Will cost more than buying a new one to fix. Don't wate your time with stihl, Will have to take the to small claims (vcat) to get my money back.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Dave

After complaining at Mitre 10 who gave us great service Stihl agreed to a refund and I got my money back

Beverly Henderson

Beverly Henderson

My best ever investment.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Lindy

LindySouth Australia

Great BUT

Cuts even heavy duty weeds but not designed for little old ladies with small hands! I find the battery next to impossible to get out at times and the head I can't get off without using multigrips and sheer grit and determination. It also doesn't come with a strap but fortunately my son improvised one for me. Update 5/11/17 I have overcome the battery problem by pulling the spring things at the back of the battery compartment further out. I also put some vaseline on the rails to help it come out more easily. Happy now.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Alan Dunn

Alan DunnMAITLAND

In a league of its own

Date PurchasedSep 2015
Elmo

ElmoShellharbour

Expensive but good

Lovely silent trimmer with heaps of power and very good battery life. I chose the smaller and cheaper AP-115 battery which has 50% charge left after I'm done trimming the back and front yards of our townhouse. I don't see myself going back to the stinky noisy petrol trimmers ever.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
tmark tas

tmark tasNorth-West & West coast, TAS

It works

I live on a small acreage and use it to cut back the small patches of weeds that pop up around the place, stick it in ATV in morning and can knock them back during the day. Quick and easy and no herbicides. It's just works, and is not too loud. It holds it's charge well over 6 months in the winter.

Jason L

Jason L

Pick of the bunch in Stihls 36v range.

big-m

big-mHunter Region, NSW

Stihl FSA85 Line trimmer

Cordless convenience. As powerful as a petrol trimmer. The turbo charger recharges in around 20 minutes. Usual 'bump and feed' line delivery system is easy to use, and uses any two millimeter line. Chews through heavy grass and weeds. My lawn is less than 200 square meters, but has plenty of edges. Battery still has plenty of charge to run the blower after use.
High quality, well balanced, shares battery with 36volt family of products.
Expensive, but high quality. May be too heavy for some users.

MP82