Stihl GHE 355

Stihl GHE 355

5.0 from 1 review

See the Best Garden Shredders in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

buntySouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Real time saver

Lucinda

Lucindaasked

Just bought this. Recommended by Stihl dealer as the machine to deal with palm fronds. Mine are all dead so no green. I am feeding gradually one at a time. Machine keeps stopping, and hums, so I turn it off. I open it up and see if the blades spin. Yes they do with very little effort on my part. Clear it anyway, and try again. Same thing. Then I tried to feed large flattish green leaves using the soft material setting. It stopped, hummed and then cut out. Opened it up and again, but there was green material unchopped and curled around the centre blade. But again the blades could be moved easily.
Very disappointed, and will be taking it back if I cannot resolve these issues. AUS$800. My old Ozito did better.

Torquemeister

Torquemeisterasked

Mine keeps cutting out whenever something it doesnt like goes down its throat. Ive tried smaller and smaller pieces but still it isnt doing what is promised. Maybe take back to the dealer and get them to look at it as frankly its the first Stihl product that is a bit of a lemon.

bunty

Are you using it on the right setting there is a green one for soft mulch and the red for harder dry for the larger myself i dont go about about 25 mm but im doing very hard dry stuff with the green branches i had no problem with the 35 mm ... it also depends on what you are using it for as to how you feed it .Go have a chat to your stihl dealer they are very helpful

Get an answer from our members and Stihl representatives