Stihl RE 129 Plus

See the Best Electric Pressure Washers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great when it's not leaking...

My re129 was great for a few months, then it started leaking out of the trigger handle and lacking pressure as a result.
Sent for repair but when I connected it up at home it was still leaking and low on pressure.
I pulled the handle apart myself to find the leak. They use a plastic looking pipe in the handle not metal! I connected the water back up with one side of the handle removed and I could see the plastic pipe was cracked and forcing water out the side even under low pressure only getting worse when the unit was powered on!
I thought I'd done enough research when I decided to buy a Stihl, I guess I was wrong!
Based on my experience I would not recommend!

Purchased in October 2018 for $599.00.

Safety

Felt like a solid bit of gear.

Has been a great pressure washer up until now (10 months of use). The handle started leaking water badly from the inside and I lost pressure at the nozzle. Took it to the retailer I bought it from. They said this is the second one in 2 weeks. The other happened from brand new. They said they believe they've had a bad batch. Sadly they are still waiting to hear from stihl about the previous failure 2 weeks ago. I will update this after getting some response from stihl. Disappointing from a solid brand.

Purchased in September 2018 at Mitre 10 for $549.00.

Stihl RE130 pressure washer trigger problem

Retract previous problem where I stated trigger problem whereas unit would not start. Returned to dealer and they could not duplicate problem. Seems to work ok now that they checked it out. Must be other electrical issue or the pressure within system wouldn’t allow restart

Purchased in May 2019 at Westside Honda for $429.00.

Safety

Awful - avoid this brand.

I bought a 129plus 6yrs ago and have had nothing but problems. The main problem is that if you connect the water and power and then turn the water on, power on and depress the trigger on the gun it won’t work. You have to depress the trigger before turning the power on. It clearly states that this is a problem in the manual yet they still sell the machine with this defect. It is not possible to stop the trigger without having to then disconnect the power and water. Avoid at all costs and choose another brand.

Purchased in January 2012 for $450.00.

Safety

will never buy stihl again

I purchased a RE129 pressure washer at $549.00 .I have had nothing but problems with the hand piece.
I've always been a Karcher user but had no option but to buy this machine. If it wasn't for economic times at the moment I would throw it to the dump.

Purchased in January 2019 for $549.00.

Not very reliable

Had the machine 2 years had nothing but problems with the trigger on the Lance it has been back twice to the supplier last time was charged for a broken part inside the trigger not on when on that occasion still in warranty when it is working it does s fair job but I would not buy another one.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Pressure function stopped working after single use

Used it once for cleaning deck and the next time I tried after a month, the pressure wasn't working. Stihl FTG fixed the issue as it's within warranty. It worked again once and failed after that with the same issue. I spoke to Stihl again and they said they can fix the issue as it's within warranty. What if this happens after the warranty period, they charge for fixing it. I have paid $400 for this unit and didn't expect a faulty unit.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Worth the $

In the last 10-months I have owned the base model Karcher and Gurni. Both died. I went out and bought the STIHL solely because of the reviews on this website. I primarily use pressure cleaners to clean my large patio and driveway, and as soon as I turned the STIHL on I could tell it was quality. It is heavy but every component feels solid - it gives a confidence. Obviously it's got about 2000 psi which gets the job done a lot quicker than I'm used too. I like how its nozzles get stowed away behind the cowling in a little nook. It's 8m of hose is kink-proof and also gets me further away from the unit (it is noisy but not as bad as that p.o.s Gurni). Just doing concrete areas I couldn't decide which nozzle to use as they both cleaned exceptionally well.
I'm being picky now but the only two complaints I have are: 1) it's quite heavy, so my wife has trouble carrying it up the few stairs from the garage (she hardly ever uses it so no big deal); and 2) the trigger, while being very sensitive and easy to squeeze is nevertheless a bit uncomfortable to grip for extended periods, a problem common to all pressure cleaners I would imagine. Bottom line: she costs a bit more but it is easy to see why. You get what you pay for. 5 out 5.

Update: one year on and this little beauty is still going strong. It has never missed a beat. I'm extremely impressed with it.

Purchased in April 2018.

not good

less then 24 months old and stopped hardly any use. only cleaned shed and half of the veranda .
would of thought for 500 dollars you get a good product . I have had stihl products before and done okay with them but not happy with what we purchased. yeah

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Cant fault

Purchased RE 129 Plus after another brand (from Bunnings) with little use had some seemly simple looking part in handle go that rendered unusable ... After research settled on the Stihl as such parts are made of steel not plastic ...Very happy as quite powerful,does job with minimum of fuss. The retractable 9 meter steel reinforced high pressure hose just rolls up on top of unit so no chance of hose getting snagged on things when transporting and the power cord rolls up out of the way ...The unit is fairly heavy so if moving up and down e.g. stairs the trolley is very welcome addition... so far very happy with purchase

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Great Pressure Washer - Quiet and Powerful

Purchased in November 2017, used it to clean brothers vacation house front and back concrete driveways, walkways, bricks, patios and car too:) Used the detergent attachment with Stihl Auto Wash and Wax works brilliantly with the pressure washer.

Very good pressure maintained throughout. Used for 4 hours first session, driveways can be cleaned in 30-60 minutes with the RE82 Patio Cleaner that is a must, Stihl usually offer it for free with their Pressure Washer Range.

Update:
Have also now cleaned parents front Driveway, and walkways. Going strong 4 days in a row, used it for 5 hours today. Pressure strong all the way.

6 Month Update:

After using it for 6 months its exactly the same as day one.

Have also tried Typhoon TE4000 (2500psi) and Michelin MPX 160 (2320psi) and this beast rates very highly compared to those models both from Sydney tools both top of the line in each brand. In fact the turbo rotating nozzle on the RE129 is more powerful than both models, but maybe a touch less flow of water, Not to mention alot more quiet than the Michelin and lighter than both models which are over 25kg each. Im also doing a write up on the Michelin soon.

1 Year Update:

Unit still going strong like day 1, have been using it every 2 weeks or week to wash cars and today used it to wash down parents balcony. Great Unit. No issues.

Also very important when choosing a presure washer and confused about psi, its always important to find the working pressure not the maximum pressure which is usually much higher.

The working pressure is the pressure coming out of the pump continuously, max pressure which is 150 bar is usually achieved when the machine is turned on for a second.

You will see many ebay washers claiming 3500psi but could not produce anywhere near that, so it's very misleading.

Has a nice long 9m hose, detergent spray, and comes with 2 nozzles, love the Rotating Nozzle, produces a powerful circular spray that can clean anything. Unit doesn't make a sound untill you pull the trigger. Feels like you could run it all day. Unit looks like all parts are high quality, the trigger handle is very light to pull, great for long sessions.

Very powerful. Maintains a strong 135 Bar, 1958psi. It's the most powerful electric washer i've tested.

Has a durable aluminium pump and stainless steel pistons.

VERY QUIET : 71db at 1m, 58db at 7.5m

Compared to my other Michelin 90db.

Technical Data:
Max. Working Pressure bar 10-135
Max. Water Throughput l/min 7.0
Power Consumption kW 2.3
Weight kg 20

Changed brands 5 times when searching for a pressure cleaner, Karcher, Gerni, Ryobi, Typhoon 'Sydney Tools' Petrol then electric, then Husqvrna, finally settled on Stihl, wanted a good brand with decent warranty, it comes with 2 years warranty.

I bought a water filter from Stihl $29.95 and attached it to the front to keep the pump clean.

And you can take it to any Stihl distributor for warranty check up and repair. Make sure to read manual! And it's a very good manual, thorough and much better than the Typhoon and Michelin manuals that I went through.

Careful of fake 1 star reviews on this product, I've contacted all 3 and they haven't responded.

Final Verdict: 5/5
RE129 Plus at $549 with Patio Cleaner is an awesome pressure washer for home and even small commercial jobs. Having now tried a whole bunch of pressure washers including the most powerful electric washers from Sydney tools, Typhoon TE4000 ($499) and Michelin MPX 160 ($999), I can confidently say that the Stihl impressed me the most.

Highly Recommended.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Time will tell how good this unit is.

I'm a two cars a week washer (Wife's and mine) and just purchased the Re 129 Plus this morn from Plenty Mowers in Kingsbury. Replacing a Michelin MPX 139 thats getting rattle and leaky. Assembled and tested. Appears to have a good pressure and has a quality feel about it, although the fact that all the connections, bar the hose to handle connection, are moulded plastic does make it look a little cheap and Chinesey, which is where it, and probably 90% of pressure washers, are now made. The only issue I saw on first use is the hose to handle connector. It is made of brass, BUT when rolling the hose up after use the end of the brass connection, while having some protection via a large rubber piece, does drag along the concrete. This will eventually wear the end down, or the O ring seated on it, or pit pit it, resulting in leaking under pressure and a need for replacing. The way to stop this is to keep the spray handle connected whist rolling the hose back on the carrier, Not easy given the twisting of the hose, but will solve the potential issue.
UPDATE:
Been using at least weekly now for 3 months and all good. Used a piece of plastic tube over brass hose end that connects to handle to stop it being dragged across concrete when rolling hose back up after use. Machine is incredibly quiet when in use and remains silent until trigger is pulled. So far very happy with purchase.
Just wondering if anyone who has one of these can identify the type of connector used to connect the two piece lance in the middle. The only weak point with this unit is the foam lance. I can seem to get a thick foam out of it regardless of the strength or wash used. I'd like to find the connector type so I can use another/better foam lance I have.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Still water blaster RE108.

Dear viewers! Update from last review . RE108
Yes! Old machine still going strong here in NZ NewPlymouth ! Since I wrote about the complete overhaul and rebuild I did and the modifications I did to electrical connectors and switch gear it has never had a problem since ! Used it to do spouting, roof, fence, house,garages (3) ,4 vehicles cleaning as usual and an extensive area of driveway with concrete pavers and concrete slab alsowith it. Used The concrete cleaning revolving brush/wand scrubber attachment came with it ! Does a good job faster as it has a wide diameter of operation.
Have done over 200 hours of use with out a fault from any of the supplied gear tips nozzles I used. So fix your switch terminals and use a good supply of clean pressurised water and all models will be a winner . Cheers ! Max Harding N.P. Nz .

Date PurchasedMar 2013

So far so good

Got sick of my karcher being repaired, so I have stepped up to what I think is a better more solid unit. It's quite heavy and if that has anything to do with it it should last. I like the way it's all together on the one unit (stored). The stihl salesman also convinced me this was a far superior unit to anything at Bunnings

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Fantastic Product - Great Quality.

Purchased the Stihl RE 129 plus for Xmas from Plenty Mowers in Kingsbury and couldn't be happier. Fantastic service when purchased and the quality of this pressure washer is first class. 2 Year warranty and also received over $200 in bonus accessories due to special offer at the time of purchase. Goodbye Karcher.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Beast of a Pressure Washer

After doing as much research as I could on pressure washers, we bit the bullet and spent a little more on this unit. Maintained pressure well and didn't miss a beat even though I had it running for around 45 minutes almost non-stop each time. Love the reinforced hose too.

Very good

Worth the money.its clearly a good improvement then the last model re 128 plus.quality at the highest levels...the lance is durable and the motor is very silent
The problem with the rotating nozzle is solved unlike the re 128 plus.
Do not use this stihl whitout a water filter just at the entry of the inlet wather.if just i little dust comes in to the pump it will damage the pump very very fast