Stihl RE 129 Plus

Stihl RE 129 Plus

See the Best Electric Pressure Washers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

DirtySquirty

DirtySquirtyHunter Region, NSW

Great when it's not leaking...

My re129 was great for a few months, then it started leaking out of the trigger handle and lacking pressure as a result.
Sent for repair but when I connected it up at home it was still leaking and low on pressure.
I pulled the handle apart myself to find the leak. They use a plastic looking pipe in the handle not metal! I connected the water back up with one side of the handle removed and I could see the plastic pipe was cracked and forcing water out the side even under low pressure only getting worse when the unit was powered on!
I thought I'd done enough research when I decided to buy a Stihl, I guess I was wrong!
Based on my experience I would not recommend!

Purchased in October 2018 for $599.00.

Ranga

RangaCentral Queensland, QLD

Felt like a solid bit of gear.

Has been a great pressure washer up until now (10 months of use). The handle started leaking water badly from the inside and I lost pressure at the nozzle. Took it to the retailer I bought it from. They said this is the second one in 2 weeks. The other happened from brand new. They said they believe they've had a bad batch. Sadly they are still waiting to hear from stihl about the previous failure 2 weeks ago. I will update this after getting some response from stihl. Disappointing from a solid brand.

Purchased in September 2018 at Mitre 10 for $549.00.

Stihl RE130 pressure washer trigger problem

Retract previous problem where I stated trigger problem whereas unit would not start. Returned to dealer and they could not duplicate problem. Seems to work ok now that they checked it out. Must be other electrical issue or the pressure within system wouldn’t allow restart

Purchased in May 2019 at Westside Honda for $429.00.

Photographer

PhotographerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awful - avoid this brand.

I bought a 129plus 6yrs ago and have had nothing but problems. The main problem is that if you connect the water and power and then turn the water on, power on and depress the trigger on the gun it won’t work. You have to depress the trigger before turning the power on. It clearly states that this is a problem in the manual yet they still sell the machine with this defect. It is not possible to stop the trigger without having to then disconnect the power and water. Avoid at all costs and choose another brand.

Purchased in January 2012 for $450.00.

Vanita Hope

Vanita HopeNorth West, QLD

will never buy stihl again

I purchased a RE129 pressure washer at $549.00 .I have had nothing but problems with the hand piece.
I've always been a Karcher user but had no option but to buy this machine. If it wasn't for economic times at the moment I would throw it to the dump.

Purchased in January 2019 for $549.00.

Ian

IanBedfordshire

Not very reliable

Had the machine 2 years had nothing but problems with the trigger on the Lance it has been back twice to the supplier last time was charged for a broken part inside the trigger not on when on that occasion still in warranty when it is working it does s fair job but I would not buy another one.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

CHK

CHK

Pressure function stopped working after single use

Used it once for cleaning deck and the next time I tried after a month, the pressure wasn't working. Stihl FTG fixed the issue as it's within warranty. It worked again once and failed after that with the same issue. I spoke to Stihl again and they said they can fix the issue as it's within warranty. What if this happens after the warranty period, they charge for fixing it. I have paid $400 for this unit and didn't expect a faulty unit.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

JimmyG84

JimmyG84AU

Worth the $

Purchased in April 2018.

not good

less then 24 months old and stopped hardly any use. only cleaned shed and half of the veranda .
would of thought for 500 dollars you get a good product . I have had stihl products before and done okay with them but not happy with what we purchased. yeah

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Paul

PaulSydney

Cant fault

Purchased RE 129 Plus after another brand (from Bunnings) with little use had some seemly simple looking part in handle go that rendered unusable ... After research settled on the Stihl as such parts are made of steel not plastic ...Very happy as quite powerful,does job with minimum of fuss. The retractable 9 meter steel reinforced high pressure hose just rolls up on top of unit so no chance of hose getting snagged on things when transporting and the power cord rolls up out of the way ...The unit is fairly heavy so if moving up and down e.g. stairs the trolley is very welcome addition... so far very happy with purchase

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Kasparov

KasparovSydney

Great Pressure Washer - Quiet and Powerful

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Bodalenko

BodalenkoVictoria, 3045

Time will tell how good this unit is.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Max

MaxNew Plymouth NZ

Still water blaster RE108.

Date PurchasedMar 2013

Wiggo

WiggoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

So far so good

Got sick of my karcher being repaired, so I have stepped up to what I think is a better more solid unit. It's quite heavy and if that has anything to do with it it should last. I like the way it's all together on the one unit (stored). The stihl salesman also convinced me this was a far superior unit to anything at Bunnings

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Kevin

KevinGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fantastic Product - Great Quality.

Purchased the Stihl RE 129 plus for Xmas from Plenty Mowers in Kingsbury and couldn't be happier. Fantastic service when purchased and the quality of this pressure washer is first class. 2 Year warranty and also received over $200 in bonus accessories due to special offer at the time of purchase. Goodbye Karcher.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Bruce

BruceMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Beast of a Pressure Washer

After doing as much research as I could on pressure washers, we bit the bullet and spent a little more on this unit. Maintained pressure well and didn't miss a beat even though I had it running for around 45 minutes almost non-stop each time. Love the reinforced hose too.

Very good

Worth the money.its clearly a good improvement then the last model re 128 plus.quality at the highest levels...the lance is durable and the motor is very silent
The problem with the rotating nozzle is solved unlike the re 128 plus.
Do not use this stihl whitout a water filter just at the entry of the inlet wather.if just i little dust comes in to the pump it will damage the pump very very fast