Stihl RE 130 Plus

• Safety
Ross C.

Ross C.South East Queensland, QLD

1 year, flawless operation

Used for automotive detailing. 1 year in and perfect so far, no issues at all. Used once a week for about 30mins.

The Stihl attachments are a joke, go aftermarket for everything also, the wand works well enough but requires cleaning every time I use it.

Purchased in February 2020 at Stihl Dealer for $599.00.

blowen o rings

blew two o rings in base of pump
hose guide flimsy and Brock
pressure not that good expected more from Stihl
What grade of oil is used in pump and how much

Purchased at loxton motercycles for $600.00.

Brendan B.

Brendan B.

Waiting on my 2nd replacement

Have had one replaced so far and am still waiting on the second (Will be my third machine in under 12 months). The first had the main seal on pump fail before I even started using it, the second ran for about 5 minutes then stopped, after switching it off for half an hour it started again for about 5 mins then stopped again. I thought maybe a thermal overload could be the issue but after taking it to store they suggested possibly using an extension lead (which I don't) or too long of a garden hose to feed the pump but I confirmed it is only 10m hose.
Dropped it back at the store 15th Aug 2020 it's now early Oct and have not heard anything.

Purchased in October 2019 for $599.00.

Electric Pressure Washers

Find out how Stihl RE 130 Plus compares to other Electric Pressure Washers

Learn from my experience folks

Purchased in August 2019 for $350.00.

Shane M.Darwin, NT

Poor Quality Product - Even Worse Customer Service

Purchased in January 2020 for $599.00.

bodyfunktattoo

bodyfunktattooFar North Queensland, QLD

Very Reliable, 5 Star Quality, Heaps of Power!

Purchased in May 2020 for $599.00.

ken j.South East Queensland, QLD

Poor warranty.

I found this pressure cleaner the best i have ever used and extremely quiet. This pressure cleaner was fantastic, until it stopped on the day of purchase and, within less than one hour of being used. Contacted supplier and was informed that it is up to Stihl to decide weather it is replaced or repaired, even when it is brand new. I find it pretty poor that you can pay full price for a product, that has been repaired. I have purchased many Stihl products over time, but won't make this mistake again.

stephen barton

stephen bartonasked

Can I get o ring seals in base of pump and what grade of oil is used

Stephen B.

Stephen B.asked

Can you connect to a water tank gravity fed

ken j.

I havn't tried it, but you may starve the unit of water if you do, due to lack of head pressure. I wouldn't take the risk of buying the Stihl due to the poor warrenty, as I found out unfortunately. My unit failed after 30 minutes. It was still not repaired after 3 months, so eventually got my money back.

Roger

Rogerasked

Hey Ken J sounds like you've had a really bad experience . I guess with the time frame it's all been sorted now . And you have your unit back .

ken j.

Hello Peter. It has been over 3 months since I paid $599 for the pressure cleaner and have still not received it.
I find it disgusting that Stihl did not give me my money back or replace it on the spot. It has been made quite obvious to me, that Stihl do not give a damn about their customers. I purchased this cleaner for a job that was worth quite a lot of money, but it is now rotting away. If I had purchased a pressure cleaner from any where else, they would have replaced it or returned my money. I would have understood if it had failed after a month, but I do have an issue with the fact it did not even run for an hour and the shop was notified on the day. Apparently Stihl would not replace it as it was not a catastrophic failure. I will never recomend any Stihl product after this due to there poor customer service. Before this I was one of there biggest advocates.

Shane M.

Hi Ken. I too have just experienced a very similar situation. My RE130 Unit didn't last 5 minutes before it failed. I returned it to the dealer who told me that they would not replace it as Stihl's policy was to repair it as first option. I too was irate that a unit only minutes into being used for the first time, could fail and that I would be expected to still have paid full price for a refurbished machine. After a couple of days of back and forth about parts being ordered and time frames blowing out to potentially a month wait, the dealer rather than replacing the unit, removed parts from a new unit on the shelf to fix the faulty one! Upon receiving the unit back again it lasted for a further 4 uses over 2 months before failing again, this time a major pump failure. The dealer again said that Stihl would not come to the party for a replacement and that there were no parts available to fix the unit. They advised that I contact Stihl and threaten to post a scathing review on facebook as this was the only way to get their attention and force them to act. An initial call to the Stihl Australia head office fell on deaf ears and was told that this is the way it is and "no company" would offer a replacement for what had happened. They completely backed their no replace or refund policy rather than backing the quality of their products. Finally I did send an email threatening poor reviews as advised by the dealer, which resulted in a full refund, without even a response from Stihl themselves. The dealer contacted me directly to arrange the refund. This second saga spanned over 6 weeks and was completely unnecessary, if Stihl had only backed their products and provided actual customer service.

CategoryElectric Pressure Washers