Sunbeam Butler Turbo SG3000

Sunbeam Butler Turbo SG3000

MPNs: 6883 and SG3000
Listing monitored by Sunbeam

Pros

• 5 steam settings

• Auto-off energy saver

• In-built garment hanger

Cons

• Failed to remove wrinkles

• Malfunctioning circuit breaker

2.2
  • Safety
  • Preheating Speed
  • Portability

Amy W
Amy WSydney, NSW

Loved it until it started tripping the power

I’m so disappointed! I loved this steamer and used it regularly! Great for dresses and tops that are annoying to use a hand iron. I even recommended to family who then bought one. However it seems like others, as soon as the warranty period ran out it starts tripping the power so I can’t use it at all now. I did a lot of research before investing in one as you would expect at the price point that it would last longer than 2-3 years. It hasn’t been working for a few months now.

Purchased in January 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Shell M
Shell MSydney, NSW

Don't waste your money

Performance wise I recommend this machine only on light fabrics, it doesn’t do the job on heavy products. Although have only used it a handful of times in just over 2 years since I’ve had it. I went to use and it trip the power and seems like it is no longer working. And also from day one leaves puddles of water on the floor which was coming from under the unit.

An expensive machine for the amount of times I’ve used it, seems to be normal that these machines break down shortly after the warranty runs out. I would definitely not replace my iron with this steamer. The negatives greatly outweigh the positives therefore I would not recommend this product.

Ethan C
Ethan C

Don't bother, just use normal steam iron. Broke after being used only a handful number of times over 2-3 years

First of all, performance-wise it doesn't do a good job. Unless you want to get really bad wrinkles out of clothing made out of thin material (eg. blouse, scarfe etc) it's useless and takes forever. It's far more effective and quicker just to use the normal steam iron.

Secondly. ours didn't even get much use to be honest and it now trips the power when we try to use it so looks like it is now destined for the landfill. I would estimate we would have used it 20-30 times max over roughly 3 years. Very expensive when you consider that it effectively cost us $5 to use it each time.

Purchased at Myer.

P K.
P K.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best steaming performance compared to all steamers but not a long lasting product

I’ve compared Sunbeam, Phillips and Tefal high end garment steamers, this one is the best performer. Has 5 settings, and clothes don’t become damp which they do in the other steamers. The first sunbeam tripped the home circuit breaker after 12 months, replaced it under warranty. The second one water indicator stopped working after 15 months, luckily this one too was replaced under warranty so I really appreciate the Sunbeam warranty service but I am so tired of It breaking down after 12-15 months.

Purchased in May 2019 at Myer for $179.00.

Hello P K,
Thank you for your helpful review. So happy to hear we were able to help you replace your previous units.

Ikeraam
IkeraamPerth, WA

Keeps beeping

My wife bought the butler turbo as we were building our house and the time we moved in and we needed to use it for the first time it did not work it kept beeping non stop and we checked the hose and water level it’s been months and we have never used it yet and it’s still beeping months later

Please respond to me..

Purchased at David Jones.

Young Couple
Young CoupleSydney, NSW

Doesn't work well with business shirts or thicker material.

Hard to get all wrinkles out. Good for thinner and lighter materials. Thought we'd love this and it would make our life easier with the quick heating time and some of the good reviews out there but will go back to our old ironing method, flat steam iron gives much better results. Doesn't roll on tiles and leaks water when trying to tilt and roll as instructed. Returned iron and not interested in product.

Purchased in January 2020 for $120.00.

Hello Young Couple,
Thank you for your feedback and I do apologies for the experience you have had with this particular unit.
However we do offer our customers a 100 day money back guarantee for risk free shopping, which I can see you have used.

JustSteam
JustSteamSydney, NSW

Great steamer with a design fault

Just bought the steamer few days ago. While I am happy how the steamer works, the system has a major design fault. It can not be wheeled as the wheels do not turn on smooth surface. The manual says to tip the system slightly when wheeling the Butler. Wheels still do not work on smooth floor and only a bit on carpet. Problem, the slightest tipping of the system drips water when pushing the wheels. The store exchanged the butler, but it was the same. Would be nice to have an accessory for pressing pleats, collars etc. one like Fridja Professional Garment Steamers School

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Paige O
Paige OGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good for the lazy ironer like me

Easy to use and hang up clothes then steam the creases away.
I am a lazy ironer and this has been a great choice for me
The one thing I don't like is storing the steamer - for someone with little space it is hard to store.

Hello Paige O
Thank you for your great review! We do range a hand held steamer now, if you wanted to invest in another steamer for the quick on item steams.

Reloy
ReloySouth East Queensland, QLD

Trips electrical circuits

Had it for just over 1 year, when its working it worked well but it started tripping the house hold electrical circuit. Took it apart as it was out of warranty and I was curious. Noted the exact same damage as noted by other reviewers. Won't buy another Sunbeam as they obviously don't design/manufacture with any longevity in mind. Very disappointed.

Purchased in February 2018 at Myer Retail Stores for $200.00.

DaveSlaveSydney, NSW

Mode of failure

Please see the photos attached with this review as it demonstrates the failure mode of your unit. In this case the Aluminium boiler has corroded and leaked coursing an electrical fault shorting the element to the boiler body. This fault courses tripping of earth leakage protection shutting of the entire electrical circuit even if the unit is turned off. If the fault develops in an old home without appropriate electrical protection system it can lead to live exposed parts at the hose connection point of attachment.
Aluminium of incorrect grade, or treatment especially under heat and pressure of water can be corrosive. The failure of my unit and others suggests you have a quality or design problem.

Purchased in September 2017 at Myres.

Drew
DrewSydney

Died after 2 months and 5 uses

After 2 months the unit would not turn off. It had to be unplugged. Water leaked from the cavity that held the reservoir, and it would constantly cut off due to a low water/hose kink warning when neither of those were the case. I took it back and bought a Tefal instead.

Purchased in November 2018 at Myer Online Store for $159.00.

Hi Jase,
We are very sorry to hear about your experience with your SG3000. Please be assured all customer feedback is taken seriously and your comments will be forwarded on to our development and technology teams.

DaveSlaveSydney, NSW

Died within 2 years!

Purchased in September 2017 at Myres.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Dave Slave, sorry to hear you are not happy with the steamer. As your purchase is still under warranty, please return to your store of purchase with your receipt.

Hi DaveSlave,
Thank you for your response . Sorry to advise - by taking the product apart it null and voids the warranty completely. The warranty does not cover servicing or modification of the product. Kind Regards,

Chelsea
ChelseaBrisbane

Fantastic!

This is my first steamer so it took a bit of getting used to, but now I wouldn't live without it. I use this as part of a clothing store to steam a lot of garments, and it works wonderfully. It does take a bit more effort with cotton and linen, but that's to be expected with the nature of those fabrics.

It's amazing to watch the creases literally just fall out right before your eyes on light fabrics like jersey.

The 3L water tank and fast heat up time are great bonuses.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Chelsea! Delighted to see that you are getting great use out of the Sunbeam garment steamer. I might send some of my unironed clothes your way!!

Zoe
Zoeasked

Love this machine and use it regularly.
It is now 17 months old and we haven’t used it whilst being away a few months. Now when I turn on it trips the power. Is there a warranty on this item?? Not impressed as it is not that old.

Customer SupportSunbeam

Hi Zoe,
I have just sent you a private message if you could kindly respond via that please.

Kari
Kariasked

I have just had my unit delivered and it will not turn on.

Customer SupportSunbeam

Hi Kari,

Lee
Leeasked

I have just purchased one of these. The steamer light does not display. The lights for each setting work but stay on. My understanding is that the steamer light should come on and go out when the desired temp setting is reached. Is this a fault with my unit?

See all Sunbeam Butler Turbo SG3000 questions

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

At a price range of $189, the Sunbeam Butler Turbo is more expensive than other Sunbeam hand held steamers. If you’re keen on Sunbeam, consider the Sunbeam Power Steam instead, which is better quality and costs a more affordable $79.95.

Features:

• 5 steam settings cater to a variety of fabrics, ranging from durable cotton to delicate silk
  • When the steamer runs out of water, the auto-off feature stops heating to save energy
  • Comes with a steam brush and steam cap to make removing wrinkles from garments easier
  • Features an inbuilt garment hanger for easier usage

What reviewers thought about this hand- held garment steamer:

• Reviewers struggled to remove wrinkles and creases from their clothing and found that other methods, such as using an iron, were more effective
  • Many people reported having issues with the circuit breaker malfunctioning, making it unsafe to use the steamer
  • Some reviewers appreciated Sunbeam’s friendly customer service, but ultimately, they experienced the same problems even after the device had been replaced.
CategoryGarment Steamers