Sunbeam Power Steam SG1000

Sunbeam Power Steam SG1000

MPN: SG1000
Listing monitored by Sunbeam

Sunbeam Power Steam SG1000 Showcases

Official material from Sunbeam.

Read now

4.5
  • Safety
  • Preheating Speed
  • Portability

Victoria T.
Victoria T.Sydney, NSW

It is not bad

I am happy with the product given its price level and expectation. I can see there are some negative comments about this product, but I'd think it is not fair to compare this with an iron. It is not a replacement for an iron, but a handy alternative if needed. It is easy to use as well.

Good steamer

Have used it a few times and am happy with the results I am getting. Some thicker fabrics take a bit longer but overall its a breeze. I don't have to fill the water tank too often. The only drawback is with the water tank full, or even half full, it can get a little heavy which some people may struggle with.

Purchased in December 2020 at Catch for $69.

Elle T.
Elle T.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love sunbeams products

This steamer is good because it comes with multiple attachments and has different steam settings which comes in handy when you’re working with different materials. I find it’s really good to use on the mattress and pillows

Juliet Bell
Juliet BellSydney, NSW

Not safe to use, It broke in the first use!

After reading all the positive reviews about this steamer I decided to purchase it. My initial thought was that it was easy to use but then I realised I had to refill the water tank after steaming one or two garments as it was too small. All the sudden half way through my steaming, the steamer sparked and caused power outage. The burning smell was all over the house.

Purchased in July 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $79.

Shell
ShellSouth East Queensland, QLD

Professional alternative!

It comes with different attachments. You can select low or high steam. Very powerful. I used it to steam an artificial plant to smooth it out and business shirt that my iron couldn’t get out in the most difficult areas. It creates a natural smooth texture wherever you finish up doesn’t leave crinkles or lines like an iron do. The only reason i give it a 4 star is because the condensation splatters tiny bits of water it’s okay for clothes with patterns but not for plain coloured clothes as you can see it. It dries up so not really a big deal. But it could be improved as the instruction tells you to turn it off and wipe it up and wait for it to cool down and who has time for that?

So GLAD you LOVE it !
Thank you for your awesome Feedback.

Y R.
Y R.

Fantastic

I bought this because of the good reviews. It is so easy to use. I use this to steam my kids bed because my boys are allergic. Also my client has bed bugs problem. When I accidentally bring those bugs to my home ( I hope not) I use this steamer to treat bugs.

Purchased in April 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $79.

Nara
NaraVictoria

Good steamer, a tad heavy

It works well, my only issue with it is that its quite heavy, especially when the water tank is full, so you quickly get tired of holding it. Unless you are planning to steam a few garments, it's better to put just enough water for one piece, that makes it easier.

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys for $74.

Hi Nara,
Thank you for your review and great feedback.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.29 Nov 2021
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2022!

Avleen M.
Avleen M.14 Dec 2021
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2022
Chamila A.
Chamila A.

GOOD but heavy

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys for $79.95.

Hello Chamila A.
Thank you for your GREAT feedback and review!

Steph
StephSydney, NSW

Amazing timesaver to get you out the door even quicker in the morning!

Purchased in October 2019.

Hello Steph,
WOW! Thank you for your wonderful review and helpful tips. I'm glad to hear that the Sunbeam Power Steam (SG1000) is making your mornings easier.

Fraser B.
Fraser B.Sydney, NSW

Simple to use and the results are instantaneous

Much easier than ironing if doing t-shirts, dresses etc. Just wave it across the fabric a few times and creases disappear quickly. Be careful the steam is hot and there is a risk of burning.

Hi Fraser B,
Thank you for your review!

Denver R.
Denver R.Sydney, NSW

Super Fast! Super Convenient!

I live with 5 house mates and space is a huge factor! We've already gotten rid of our iron and ironing board! It's Incredibly fast to heat up! Was sceptical at first whether it will remove the wrinkles, but I can't fault it!

Hi Denver R,
Great to hear!!

becw88
becw88Sydney, NSW

Who knew that making my clothes crease-free could be fun!?

I've only been using the Sunbeam steamer for just over a week and am already loving it! So easy to use and heats up quickly, making it perfect for when I'm rushing to get ready in the morning, and not needing to use an ironing board has been life changing! Plus, I've actually been finding it fun to wrinkle out my clothes with this steamer!

I travel a lot for work, so I can already tell this is going to be great to take along for when I need to quickly iron out my clothes, particularly given its compact design.

If you hate ironing like me, you'll love this steamer - highly recommend!

Hi becw88,
Love the review!! Am going to get one myself!

Eddz
EddzSydney, NSW

Genuine life (and reputation) saver

Really stoked with this. Both my boyfriend and I never have the the time do a full iron so we've been desperate for something that works. We had a different kind previously (different brand) but found it gave up after the second/third use and would only steam for max 5 seconds which was incredibly frustrating.

Sunbeam's one has got a great sized water tank - I feel like it is actually working when I use it, and haven't struggled to get those stubborn creases out of clothes.

My only suggestion would be to make use of the accessories - you get a few provided and they definitely make a difference. Stoked to finally look like I've got my life sorted when I leave the house, and not a crinkled mess!

Hi Eddz,
Inspiring, love it!!!

Super handy

I've been really impressed with the Sunbeam steamer - its a great quick alternative to lugging out the iron and ironing board. Love the range of accessories for different garment types.

Hi lucy988,
Thank you for the fab review!!

Harry
HarrySydney, NSW

Quick, effective and easy to use

After using this a few times I've found it easy to use and it does a great job. I've found it naturally works well with lighter clothing but also works well across thicker cotton too. The extra-wide feature is really effective and makes the whole thing even quicker. Really enjoyed using it and would definitely recommend.

Hi Harry,
Great review, thank you!!

Frequently Asked Questions about Sunbeam Power Steam SG1000

Why does the steamer not produce any steam?

• The steamer has not heated up sufficiently - Let the steamer heat up for about 45 seconds before using it.
  • You pressed the trigger and then released it - Press the steam trigger fully and keep it pressed or move it to the lock down position for continuous steam.
  • The water level in the water tank is too low - Unplug the steamer, let it cool completely and refill the water tank.
  • The steamer is not plugged in - Make sure the steamer is plugged into an electrical outlet.
  • Electrical outlet is not working - Plug into another electrical outlet.
  • The steamer is not turned on - Move the slide switch to Low or High setting.

Why does the steamer make a rattling noise and vibrates?

The water pump inside the unit detects the water level is low. Unplug the unit, let it cool completely and refill water tank.

Why does the steamer leave water drops on the garment?

The accessory attachment being used may have condensation. Let the appliance cool completely, remove attachment and wipe dry.

Why is the steamer making a buzzing noise while steaming?

The water pump is running. This noise is normal.

Latest Consumer Questions

Evertina yk
Evertina ykasked

My steamer was working for a couple of weeks but then it started spitting hot water over my hand and onto the garment. Don’t know what the problem is

Mindy R.
Mindy R.asked

I just brought one of these because of all the positive reviews and I think it may be faulty. I like to steam on high but it hardly ever works on that setting. I can steam on low without it stopping but when I have it on high it just stops steaming (the green light is still on though) and it’s a nightmare to get it going again if I even can get it going again. I usually have to turn it off and on a few times, wait 20mins and even then it will only start again 50% of the time. Am I doing something wrong?

Hi Mindy R,
I have just sent you a private message if you could kindly respond via that please.

Jo I.
Jo I.

Hi, I have the same problem. Working great with low function, but when I set it on High it just stops working. Any suggestions/help highly appreciated!

Kim H.
Kim H.asked

I'm looking for a hand steamer to remove the creases from a delicate, white wedding dress. Would you guys recommend this product for this satin type material. Thx

Hi Kim,
Yes this product will definitely remove creases for you. However I would suggest testing it on another item before using for the first time.

Suzanne
Suzanne

Just curious Kim H - how did you go? We need to remove creases from a satin wedding dress too.

See all Sunbeam Power Steam SG1000 questions

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

With its promising 4.6-star rating and affordable price of $79.95, this handheld garment steamer from Sunbeam has plenty to offer.

Features:

• 40 second heat-up time
  • A 300 mL water tank allows this garment steamer a battery life of 18 minutes (in its most powerful setting, continuous steam mode)
  • Includes 4 accessories: Steam guard, fabric brush, lint pad and creaser

Points of praise for the Sunbeam Power Steam SG1000:

• Heats up quickly, so you’re not standing around waiting
  • The large 300mL capacity of the water jug means you don’t have to re-fill it for every ironing session
  • Removes wrinkles in clothing quickly, once you get the hang of the technique
  • A number of reviewers stopped using their iron since buying this Sunbeam garment steamer. One satisfied reviewer commented, ‘I hate ironing, but with this, I finished a pile of shirts before I had time to start complaining.’
CategoryGarment Steamers