Sunbeam Power Steam SG1000

• Preheating Speed
  • Portability
Juliet Bell

Juliet BellSydney, NSW

Not safe to use, It broke in the first use!

After reading all the positive reviews about this steamer I decided to purchase it. My initial thought was that it was easy to use but then I realised I had to refill the water tank after steaming one or two garments as it was too small. All the sudden half way through my steaming, the steamer sparked and caused power outage. The burning smell was all over the house.

Purchased in July 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for A$79.00.

Hello Juliet,
So sorry to hear about that please return to your retailer for a replacement. As for the tank, our unit has one of the biggest water tanks for a hand held unit in the market.

Shell

ShellSouth East Queensland, QLD

Professional alternative!

It comes with different attachments. You can select low or high steam. Very powerful. I used it to steam an artificial plant to smooth it out and business shirt that my iron couldn’t get out in the most difficult areas. It creates a natural smooth texture wherever you finish up doesn’t leave crinkles or lines like an iron do. The only reason i give it a 4 star is because the condensation splatters tiny bits of water it’s okay for clothes with patterns but not for plain coloured clothes as you can see it. It dries up so not really a big deal. But it could be improved as the instruction tells you to turn it off and wipe it up and wait for it to cool down and who has time for that?

So GLAD you LOVE it !
Thank you for your awesome Feedback.

Y R.

Y R.

Fantastic

I bought this because of the good reviews. It is so easy to use. I use this to steam my kids bed because my boys are allergic. Also my client has bed bugs problem. When I accidentally bring those bugs to my home ( I hope not) I use this steamer to treat bugs.

Purchased in April 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for A$79.00.

Nara

NaraVictoria

Good steamer, a tad heavy

It works well, my only issue with it is that its quite heavy, especially when the water tank is full, so you quickly get tired of holding it. Unless you are planning to steam a few garments, it's better to put just enough water for one piece, that makes it easier.

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys for A$74.00.

Hi Nara,
Thank you for your review and great feedback.

Chamila A.

Chamila A.

GOOD but heavy

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys for A$79.95.

Hello Chamila A.
Thank you for your GREAT feedback and review!

Steph

StephSydney, NSW

Amazing timesaver to get you out the door even quicker in the morning!

Purchased in October 2019.

Hello Steph,
WOW! Thank you for your wonderful review and helpful tips. I'm glad to hear that the Sunbeam Power Steam (SG1000) is making your mornings easier.

ChrisSydney, NSW

I have not switched on my iron since...

Since I bought this I have not put up the ironing board. I have found a suction hook on the glass laundry door works well to place a hanger with my mens work shirt on it. Discovering it works better on some shirts I now wear these shirts more! Less than a minute to warm up, pumps out plenty of steam on the high setting and, once you get the technique going, you can do collars as well. Doing a shirt a day the tank lasts well over a week.

Purchased in October 2019 at JB Hifi Home for A$79.00.

Hello Chris,
We're so happy to hear that you are loving your Sunbeam Power Steam SG1000!!

And can I say what an ingenious and space saving way to iron!

Fraser B.

Fraser B.Sydney, NSW

Simple to use and the results are instantaneous

Much easier than ironing if doing t-shirts, dresses etc. Just wave it across the fabric a few times and creases disappear quickly. Be careful the steam is hot and there is a risk of burning.

Hi Fraser B,
Thank you for your review!

TaniaSydney

Super easy to set up and pack away!

This handheld steamer is so much easier to use than the garment steamer we have. The handheld steamer does just as good a job of getting creases out - great result after we steamed heavy cotton shirts and jeans.

Hi Tania,
So glad you love the steamer...

Denver R.

Denver R.Sydney, NSW

Super Fast! Super Convenient!

I live with 5 house mates and space is a huge factor! We've already gotten rid of our iron and ironing board! It's Incredibly fast to heat up! Was sceptical at first whether it will remove the wrinkles, but I can't fault it!

Hi Denver R,
Great to hear!!

rachylicious

rachyliciousSydney, NSW

Perfect for lazy ironers

This is a great product if you're a lazy ironer. There are so many pieces of clothing I haven't worn in years because I hate ironing and just don't do it. Keeping the hand held steamer in my bedroom and the ease and speed at which it heats up is life changing and has revived my wardrobe.

Hi rachylicious,
Great to hear!!

Paul L

Paul LSydney, NSW

Easy to use and a real time saver

This light hand-held steamer is great for a quick alternative to the trusty old iron & ironing board. It heats up quite quickly (less than a minute) and the 4 add-on pieces offer a range of alternative uses including neat creasing for shirt sleeves and trousers. The water capacity allows for around 30-45 mins non-stop use. Great for light materials, slightly longer steaming time required for firmer fabrics. I would suggest this steamer is a great compliment to your current iron. I've been using now for a week and I know that my use of the steamer will certainly increase as I get more familiar with it's use.

Hi Paul L,
Thanks for the great review!!

JFC

JFCSydney, NSW

Terrific handheld steamer

Hi JFC,
Thank you for the terrific review, we appreciate it...

becw88

becw88Sydney, NSW

Who knew that making my clothes crease-free could be fun!?

I've only been using the Sunbeam steamer for just over a week and am already loving it! So easy to use and heats up quickly, making it perfect for when I'm rushing to get ready in the morning, and not needing to use an ironing board has been life changing! Plus, I've actually been finding it fun to wrinkle out my clothes with this steamer!

I travel a lot for work, so I can already tell this is going to be great to take along for when I need to quickly iron out my clothes, particularly given its compact design.

If you hate ironing like me, you'll love this steamer - highly recommend!

Hi becw88,
Love the review!! Am going to get one myself!

Eddz

EddzSydney, NSW

Genuine life (and reputation) saver

Really stoked with this. Both my boyfriend and I never have the the time do a full iron so we've been desperate for something that works. We had a different kind previously (different brand) but found it gave up after the second/third use and would only steam for max 5 seconds which was incredibly frustrating.

Sunbeam's one has got a great sized water tank - I feel like it is actually working when I use it, and haven't struggled to get those stubborn creases out of clothes.

My only suggestion would be to make use of the accessories - you get a few provided and they definitely make a difference. Stoked to finally look like I've got my life sorted when I leave the house, and not a crinkled mess!

Hi Eddz,
Inspiring, love it!!!

Super handy

I've been really impressed with the Sunbeam steamer - its a great quick alternative to lugging out the iron and ironing board. Love the range of accessories for different garment types.

Hi lucy988,
Thank you for the fab review!!

Harry

HarrySydney, NSW

Quick, effective and easy to use

After using this a few times I've found it easy to use and it does a great job. I've found it naturally works well with lighter clothing but also works well across thicker cotton too. The extra-wide feature is really effective and makes the whole thing even quicker. Really enjoyed using it and would definitely recommend.

Hi Harry,
Great review, thank you!!

Pamela K

Pamela KSydney, NSW

Throw away your ironing board and buy this

This product is so light and easy that I am blown away. It was ready to go in a fraction of the time of other steamers I've used, and it was so light- even when it was full of water. I hate ironing, but with this, I finished a pile of shirts before I had time to start complaining. Can't recommend highly enough, its a game changer.

Hi Pamela K,
Love it, thank you!!!

ThaiD

ThaiDSydney, NSW

Will throw out my current iron and iron board!

Pros: This product has saved my life on how convenient and fast it is to iron my clothes. No ironing board needed. Water tank is super large and can last for the whole working week. Preheating speed is super fast, plugged in and it is good to go in 10-15 sec (on High mode). Attachments are easy to put on and off.

Cons: Noticed a bit of hot water leaking out sometimes if I leave the steamer on High mode for long time.

Hi ThaiD,
Great review, thank you!!

Artlife

ArtlifeSydney, NSW

Steamer is perfect to grab as you need it

Purchased in September 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$79.00.

Hi Artlife,
Love the review!

Dg9879

Dg9879asked

Would this work well for sheets? I would hang them on the clothesline outside to to them. But if it was raining, could I lay them on the wooden floor in my living room to do it?

Chris

I use it to remove wrinkles from table cloths after getting them from the linen press. I hold them up and have someone run the steamer across the fold marks. Nice, neat, wrinkle-free cloth then goes straight on the table! Sheets should work equally well.

lisa

lisaasked

I have looked online at all the retailers listed on the Sunbeam website and not one of them have this product listed. Where can I buy it?

Hello Lisa,
The SG1000 has been such a great seller for us that most stores have sold out, I have found one store that this has a few. Please see your DM for the link.

Sarah213
Sarah213

Can you please email me where I could buy one - jesssica@allsuburbs.com.au

Christina S.
Christina S.

Please are you also to advise me where I can buy one? christinasesia@gmail.com

Peter S.asked

Could the steamer be used on curtains?

Tania

Hi Peter! I'm sure it could, I don't have curtains but the steamer is portable so would be perfect for this. Maybe just check your curtain care instructions.

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris

Like Tania I have not tried on curtains yet. It is light, easy to hold for extended periods and can operate wherever there is a powerpoint so ideal in that respect.

There are four attachments and I would recommend using the lint/diffuser pad for flowing or straight curtains and the creaser for pleated curtains.

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

With its promising 4.6-star rating and affordable price of $79.95, this handheld garment steamer from Sunbeam has plenty to offer.

Features:

• 40 second heat-up time
  • A 300 mL water tank allows this garment steamer a battery life of 18 minutes (in its most powerful setting, continuous steam mode)
  • Includes 4 accessories: Steam guard, fabric brush, lint pad and creaser

Points of praise for the Sunbeam Power Steam SG1000:

• Heats up quickly, so you’re not standing around waiting
  • The large 300mL capacity of the water jug means you don’t have to re-fill it for every ironing session
  • Removes wrinkles in clothing quickly, once you get the hang of the technique
  • A number of reviewers stopped using their iron since buying this Sunbeam garment steamer. One satisfied reviewer commented, ‘I hate ironing, but with this, I finished a pile of shirts before I had time to start complaining.’
CategoryGarment Steamers