3Sunbeam Power Steam SG1000

4.3
4.9
Buying Guide Banner
Sunbeam Power Steam SG1000 Showcases

Official material from Sunbeam.

Read now

NGC
NGC7 posts

Perfect for all clothing

This steamer is amazing, easy to use all the attachments provided are perfect for the different materials used in clothing especially delicate materials. No more dry cleaning required for all the office attire. Great product Show details ·  1
Trish81
Trish81Mid North Coast, NSW97 posts

Dreadful

So hard to use hanging clothes on a stand and having to stretch the fabric as I steam. It is also very heavy. Would not recommend. Show details
Sunbeam
Sunbeam   DM
CrossripSydney, NSW63 posts

Sunbeam
Sunbeam   DM
Donna11 posts

Awesome clothes steamer

This clothes steamer is great. So easy to use, small enough to throw in your luggage to iron clothes on a holiday. Even bulky items like jeans n jackets, easy as. I haven’t ironed since I brought it 12 months ago! Show details
Victoria T.
Victoria T.Sydney, NSW4 posts

It is not bad

I am happy with the product given its price level and expectation. I can see there are some negative comments about this product, but I'd think it is not fair to compare this with an iron. It is not a replacement for an iron, but a handy alternative if needed. It is easy to use as well.
Country Lady
Country Lady

Good steamer

Have used it a few times and am happy with the results I am getting. Some thicker fabrics take a bit longer but overall its a breeze. I don't have to fill the water tank too often. The only drawback is with the water tank full, or even half full, it can get a little heavy which some people may struggle with. Show details
Elle T.
Elle T.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC10 posts

Love sunbeams products

This steamer is good because it comes with multiple attachments and has different steam settings which comes in handy when you’re working with different materials. I find it’s really good to use on the mattress and pillows
Juliet Bell
Juliet BellSydney, NSW2 posts

Not safe to use, It broke in the first use!

After reading all the positive reviews about this steamer I decided to purchase it. My initial thought was that it was easy to use but then I realised I had to refill the water tank after steaming one or two garments as it was too small. All the sudden half way through my steaming, the steamer sparked and caused power outage. The burning smell was all over the house. Show details
Shell
ShellSouth East Queensland, QLD7 posts

Professional alternative!

It comes with different attachments. You can select low or high steam. Very powerful. I used it to steam an artificial plant to smooth it out and business shirt that my iron couldn’t get out in the most difficult areas. It creates a natural smooth texture wherever you finish up doesn’t leave crinkles or lines like an iron do. The only reason i give it a 4 star is because the condensation splatters tiny bits of water it’s okay for clothes with patterns but not for plain coloured clothes as you can see it. It dries up so not really a big deal. But it could be improved as the instruction tells you to turn it off and wipe it up and wait for it to cool down and who has time for that? Show reply
Y R.
Y R.5 posts

Fantastic

I bought this because of the good reviews. It is so easy to use. I use this to steam my kids bed because my boys are allergic. Also my client has bed bugs problem. When I accidentally bring those bugs to my home ( I hope not) I use this steamer to treat bugs. Show details
Nara
NaraVictoria7 posts

Good steamer, a tad heavy

It works well, my only issue with it is that its quite heavy, especially when the water tank is full, so you quickly get tired of holding it. Unless you are planning to steam a few garments, it's better to put just enough water for one piece, that makes it easier. Show details ·  1
Chamila A.
Chamila A.2 posts

Steph
StephSydney, NSW4 posts

Fraser B.
Fraser B.Sydney, NSW2 posts

Simple to use and the results are instantaneous

Much easier than ironing if doing t-shirts, dresses etc. Just wave it across the fabric a few times and creases disappear quickly. Be careful the steam is hot and there is a risk of burning. Show details ·  1
Denver R.
Denver R.Sydney, NSW2 posts

Super Fast! Super Convenient!

I live with 5 house mates and space is a huge factor! We've already gotten rid of our iron and ironing board! It's Incredibly fast to heat up! Was sceptical at first whether it will remove the wrinkles, but I can't fault it! Show details ·  1

Frequently Asked Questions about Sunbeam Power Steam SG1000

Why does the steamer not produce any steam?

• The steamer has not heated up sufficiently - Let the steamer heat up for about 45 seconds before using it.
  • You pressed the trigger and then released it - Press the steam trigger fully and keep it pressed or move it to the lock down position for continuous steam.
  • The water level in the water tank is too low - Unplug the steamer, let it cool completely and refill the water tank.
  • The steamer is not plugged in - Make sure the steamer is plugged into an electrical outlet.
  • Electrical outlet is not working - Plug into another electrical outlet.
  • The steamer is not turned on - Move the slide switch to Low or High setting.

Why does the steamer make a rattling noise and vibrates?

The water pump inside the unit detects the water level is low. Unplug the unit, let it cool completely and refill water tank.

Why does the steamer leave water drops on the garment?

The accessory attachment being used may have condensation. Let the appliance cool completely, remove attachment and wipe dry.

Why is the steamer making a buzzing noise while steaming?

The water pump is running. This noise is normal.

Latest Consumer Questions

Terry

I have just purchased the steamer today. I have filled it to the max level but it is making a rattling sound and vibrating even when water is at max. When I tried it horizontally the noise and vibration increases?

Terry

Thanks Donna. The instructions give steps for horizontal use but I can't see how this is possible because of the water pick up unit in the tank.
The noise is mechanical and the vibration is quite harsh.
I will take it back tomorrow.

MrsLD
MrsLD

Does this steamer leave water marks?. Looking at using it on a crepe wedding dress.

Crossrip

It can drop water if not hot enough etc, so answer is yes

Donna

I turn it on and once hot enough I leave it for about 15 secs to get rid of any water that might be there. Use the attachments provided to keep it off your dress and shoul be no issues

CKX
CKX

As of Jan-Feb 2023, I have looked online for this at all major retailer websites and not one of them has this product (SG1000) in stock. When will it be available again?

Features:

• 40 second heat-up time
  • A 300 mL water tank allows this garment steamer a battery life of 18 minutes (in its most powerful setting, continuous steam mode)
  • Includes 4 accessories: Steam guard, fabric brush, lint pad and creaser

Points of praise:

• Heats up quickly, so you’re not standing around waiting
  • The large 300mL capacity of the water jug means you don’t have to re-fill it for every ironing session
  • Removes wrinkles in clothing quickly, once you get the hang of the technique
  • A number of reviewers stopped using their iron since buying this Sunbeam garment steamer. One satisfied reviewer commented, ‘I hate ironing, but with this, I finished a pile of shirts before I had time to start complaining'.
CategoryGarment Steamers