Sunbeam Cafe Series TA9200

Sunbeam Cafe Series TA9200

3.2

• Even Toasting Yes (3) · No (0)
Chrissy

ChrissyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

BEST TOASTER EVER!!!!

This is the BEST toaster ever!
I’ve had my toaster for 16 years, and only now, the element on one side has gone, leaving me with only 2 toast at a time rather than 4... But Woohoo....
The old girl is still kicking! lol
Cooks evenly every time, looks great, I can’t fault it. 2 at a time is a little slow for a family of 5, so I’ve just purchased the same one in the newer model. Sunbeam cafe TA9400.
Expensive, yes, but the quality is worth it.
Why change something that I love so much...
I can’t speak highly enough of it!

Purchased in June 2004 at Clive Peeters for A$189.00.

Jen

JenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Element died 20 days after warranty expired!

The element died this morning, 20 days past the end of the 5 year warranty period! While reliable, I agree that it is slow. I don’t think it is work my time heading to a service centre and trying to get Sunbeam to replace the element under warranty. I’ll probably just buy another brand.

Purchased in April 2014 at David Jones Retail Stores for A$110.00.

Hi Jen,
So sorry to hear of you experience with your TA9200.
We would love to assist you further. Please call us on 1300 881 861 . Please have your purchase receipt handy.

VictorGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Broke after just 2 years

Very disappointed, had the cafe toaster for just over 2 years and the lever broke- very poor and flimsy design, the plastic part that houses the lever is just not robust enough!

Purchased in December 2016.

Hi, please give our team a call to see if they can assist you on 1300 881 861

Victor

What a waste of my time! Called Sunbeam number just to be told there is nothing they can do! Thanks for nothing!

DuckOnTheDam

DuckOnTheDamJervis Bay

Good Toaster Turned Bad

Purchased in January 2010.

Hi DuckOnTheDam,
Sorry to hear of your TA9200 issue. I will be sure to pass this feedback of your experience onto our product and technical teams.

Mike

MikeSydney

faulty lever

this toaster became unusable after the guarantee ended. The lever to lower the bread was loose, so that it could not be pushed down. I disassembled the toaster and found that this metal lever goes in to a small plastic sleeve, which had broken. I think the plastic sleeve seemed too flimsy to support the pressure of multiple uses of the lever.
[uncertain about exact purchase date]

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Wil

WilCaulfield North

Smell of burning plastic emitted when first used - thinking to return?

I purchased the Cafe Series - second one - first one lasted about ten years. I set it up and made sure all packaging was removed. I engaged the lever to test it out and there was a really strong smell of burning plastic. I tried again about an hour later and same thing. Not keen on using it now. Have no idea what it could be and nothing in instruction manual. ??

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Slow

Was very happy with this toaster for several years.
Toasted perfectly on setting 3 but over time I've had to gradually increase the time up to the point it now has to be on the highest setting and has to be pushed down for some additional time.
The elements don't even glow red. Have checked supply voltage and it is normal 220 to 245.
Has anyone else experienced this.

Date PurchasedAug 2008

Lever and repair issues

My toaster is out of warranty and yes it is quite slow, but it has given us many years of satisfactory performance and has never burnt the toast. My issue is the lever now refuses to stay down and after I went to a Sunbeam outlet they gave me a list of authorised repairers. They told me to even look at it would be $50 when I thought it might be a simple lever connection issue. I hate the whole idea of throwaway products for what appears to probably be a minor problem in an otherwise good product.

Date PurchasedMay 2013
Lee

LeeHunter Region, NSW

The China syndrome

I purchased with mum the series; toaster, jug, and mix master all made in china.
The toaster only lasted 6 months but was replaced and has been going ever since. (4years).
The jug gave up after 2years so I purchased a French made kettle problem solved.
The mixer is good so far however its not used a real lot but its properly the best mixer around.
I'd like to mention that my mums (she had 10 kids) Kenwood mixer 1972 made in australia, finally gave up and was replaced with the sunbeam.
The toaster was the same she actually had a toastermatic 60's still working! made in australia.
I'm on the warpath now looking for quality will I find it boys and girls? its another Q regards lee

Not A Domestic Goddess

Not A Domestic GoddessSydney Surrounds, NSW

This toaster is not "toast"

Brendan K.Sunbeam
Brendan K.Sunbeam

Dear Not A Domestic Goddess,
Thank you for your review.
Kind Regards
Sunbeam

The Damn Lever wont stay down.

I purchased a Model TA9200 Cafe series Toaster about a year and a half ago, it lasted 9 months before the lever would not stay down to cook the toast. We went to the Sunbeam repair agent who swapped it out for another "like new" one and the same thing happened three months later. We have always trusted the Sunbeam brand and its not like it was a $15 toaster, it was around $200. I would pay $300 for one that was made in Australia and made right. Chinese products should be priced as the rubbish most of them are.

Fantastic Toaster

We have had this toaster for about 10 years and are yet to find a fault with it. It toasts evenly every time. Is fantastic for toasting crumpets, muffins and fruit loaf whether it be thickly or thinly sliced.

David

DavidCanberra

Looks reliable but isn't.

Ingrid MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Looks good & worked great for approx 5years

We were happy with this toaster that lasted approximately 5-6years.. Receipt is in storage so can't exactly remember how old it is.. The left hand side of our 4toaster will no longer stay down. Now it's the annoying task of finding a replacement.. Stay with sunbeam or not, I'm concerned the newer models aren't the same quality.

Ingrid M

Misted checked the back of the toaster & noted the model number is actually TA9400

happyvegimitee

happyvegimiteeMelbourne

Great toaster

I like how you can have different levels on for the four slices. I don't like my toast done that well, so I put it in on a low heat and my husbands two slices on a high heat. Toast can take any of the bread thickness found in supermarkets.

Also 7 years old and still going strong.