Sunbeam Cafe Series

TA9400, TA9200, TA9400R, etc...
Listing monitored by Sunbeam

• Even Toasting Yes (10) · No (0)
jim
jimWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

It's been perfect for well over 10 years

Now it is very difficult to press the bread down to lock for toasting, i would rather try to free it up than replace the toaster, can't find instructions online to dismantle it, the TA 9400 is a great toaster

Purchased at Betta Home Living for $175.00.

Hughie
HughieRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Second one in 5 years.....

Current version of this toaster is starting to become difficult to depress on one side. This happened to the first one I had and to their credit Sunbeam replaced it. It was only 4 years old and I told them that they should last longer than that....they agreed. I don't think they will replace the replacement but I might try. The current one is about the same age as the other and so it must be built in redundancy or some such that make them give up the ghost around 4 years. My problem is that for $200 I expect something like a toaster that is only used lightly should last for many years.

Purchased in April 2016 at Myer for $200.00.

David M.
David M.North Queensland, QLD

Damn....even Cafe series has abandoned quality

18 months old....and the release on one side is broken. Of course just past the warantee period. We have Cafe Series food processor and espresso machine, which are many years old and going strong. We tried a couple of other supposedly high quality brands for toasters, but they didn't last, So we came back to our trusted brand. Sadly it seems Sunbeam have gone the way of the other manufacturers

Purchased in April 2019 at Meyer for $160.00.

Richard
Richard

Yes I love it too...although?

Bought in the early 2000s (2003) from David Jones.
It's finally stopped working on one side, won't stay down and I would like to replace the element in the hope that it fixes the issue as I don't want to let it go.
I may just buy a new one and hope that the quality is still the same as the 2000's model. Anyone have any clues on good toasters?

Purchased in June 2003 at David Jones for $250.00.

Chrissy
ChrissyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

BEST TOASTER EVER!!!!

This is the BEST toaster ever!
I’ve had my toaster for 16 years, and only now, the element on one side has gone, leaving me with only 2 toast at a time rather than 4... But Woohoo....
The old girl is still kicking! lol
Cooks evenly every time, looks great, I can’t fault it. 2 at a time is a little slow for a family of 5, so I’ve just purchased the same one in the newer model. Sunbeam cafe TA9400.
Expensive, yes, but the quality is worth it.
Why change something that I love so much...
I can’t speak highly enough of it!

Purchased in June 2004 at Clive Peeters for $189.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Di
DiGoulburn Valley, VIC

Simply the worst toaster such a disappointment

I had my previous Sunbeam Toaster for 30 + years and it finally died. I of course purchased another Sunbeam toaster. This new Cafe Series toaster firstly is a replacement under warranty as the element stopped working it is so slow - takes forever to cook toast to a medium brown. On crumpet selection you have to do the crumpets twice for them to brown I have tried doing them on a higher setting but they just burn. The toast is also not cooked all over it is uncooked at the top and bottom. I guess I am so disappointed after having such a good run with my old sunbeam. I do not recommend and advise to a purchaser look at other brands.

Nickki
NickkiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Lasted over 12 years

Great toaster that has lasted 12 years! Has always worked well but I have just decided to replace this toaster after it not holding the toast down on one side. I’m feeling sad now.

Purchased for $180.00.

DaveGSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best Toaster ever. Even after 10 years

I'm fussy about how my toast is toasted and rate this as the best ever. Evenly toasted bead, crumpets and also handles the impossible GF breads well. Its survived four hungry teenagers, and was purchased in approx 2009 and is still going strong. Now researching to downsize to a 2 slice toaster as the teenagers have grown and moved out, you guessed it, our eldest wants the toaster once we downsize...... (PS: I'm an electrical tradie so also fussy about build quality, its passed every test)

Purchased in January 2009.

Hi DaveG,
Thanks for the fantastic review! Hold onto it. Kind Regards Sunbeam

DaveG

Thanks but we will downsize to the Cafe Series 2 slice since I’m almost the one who uses it now. L

Tab10
Tab10AU

Lasted almost 10 years!

Browned toast, crumpets, muffins and bread rolls perfectly every time.
Bought from David Jones for about $100+
We have several Sunbeam kitchen appliances and they never let us down. Highly recommend Sunbeam.

Purchased in December 2010 at David Jones.

Hi Tab10,
Thanks for the great review! Kind Regards Sunbeam

Jen
JenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Element died 20 days after warranty expired!

The element died this morning, 20 days past the end of the 5 year warranty period! While reliable, I agree that it is slow. I don’t think it is work my time heading to a service centre and trying to get Sunbeam to replace the element under warranty. I’ll probably just buy another brand.

Purchased in April 2014 at David Jones Retail Stores for $110.00.

Hi Jen,
So sorry to hear of you experience with your TA9200.
We would love to assist you further. Please call us on 1300 881 861 . Please have your purchase receipt handy.

VictorGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Broke after just 2 years

Very disappointed, had the cafe toaster for just over 2 years and the lever broke- very poor and flimsy design, the plastic part that houses the lever is just not robust enough!

Purchased in December 2016.

Hi, please give our team a call to see if they can assist you on 1300 881 861

Victor

What a waste of my time! Called Sunbeam number just to be told there is nothing they can do! Thanks for nothing!

DuckOnTheDam
DuckOnTheDamJervis Bay

Good Toaster Turned Bad

Purchased in January 2010.

Hi DuckOnTheDam,
Sorry to hear of your TA9200 issue. I will be sure to pass this feedback of your experience onto our product and technical teams.

Rel
RelDarling Downs, QLD

Disappointed - Sunbeam is not what it used to be!

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for resubmitting your review Rel!

Mike
MikeSydney

faulty lever

this toaster became unusable after the guarantee ended. The lever to lower the bread was loose, so that it could not be pushed down. I disassembled the toaster and found that this metal lever goes in to a small plastic sleeve, which had broken. I think the plastic sleeve seemed too flimsy to support the pressure of multiple uses of the lever.
[uncertain about exact purchase date]

Date PurchasedJuly 2016

RiffRaff
RiffRaffMelbourne

Very disappointed

Bought this thing because it appeared to be well made and looked good - after all - it's a toaster; what can go wrong.

Added benefit (still advertised) is that the heating elements are replaceable. Sounds good.

Worked fine for about 6 months and then it started to take longer and longer to toast bread. In the end it was dialed up to 6 and still would not toast properly.

Went to replace the heating elements. Can't buy them. Only sold to authorised repairers and only if the repairer installs them. Cost more than a new one.

What a waste of money.

Date PurchasedFeb 2013

Trevor L.
Trevor L.asked
Cafe Series

We have had a 4 slice Cafe Series for many years and it has never missed a beat. Great toaster. Recently however, the crumb tray won’t stay clicked in. I have tried clearing any obstructions and the clips appear fine. The toaster is still useable, but I would like to fix this. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Trevor - Sunshine Coast

DaveG

Try checking in the tracks under the toaster and the latch. Then check the latches on tray are the same each said.

gaylene56asked
Cafe Series

How much to replace a element in these toasters?
We have had our toaster for nearly 8 years with no problems but went to use it yesterday and as soon as I put the lever down it keeps flipping the safety switch so I m assuming one of the elements has gone.
I am not sure if its worth putting a new element in or just buying a new toaster as I assume the cost of the element fitted wont be that cheap.
The authorised repairer in my area is abit of a rip off and grumpy as well so I'm not real keen to take it there at all
Has anyone got any idea of prices?

ranimum

Hi, funny enough this happened to us just 2 weeks ago after we owned ours for couple of year stopped and tripped board too, what I did was disconnect from mains and then clean as best I could ( by turning upside down gently), getting a long narrow brush and in a sweeping motion near the elements and back of toaster cleaning it, this helped and it started working fine. If it doesn't then try selling it for parts on ebay / gumtree maybe and buy a new one,not worth repairing. Hope this helps, bye, Mona.

gaylene56

Hi thanks for that Mona as it turned out when my husband came home from work he actually gave it a clean out and it works fine so didn't have to replace or buy a new one :)

ranimum

@gaylene56, that's good to know !

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

Compare all 12 Sunbeam Cafe Series