SLOW!!

Bought about 6 years ago because it was beautiful looking and the name made it sound almost professional. It has unfortunately been very reliable; I say unfortunately because I've been waiting for an excuse to chuck it out since the day I bought it. Who knew it could do so long to toast a piece of bread?! I felt conned having thought I had bought a quality item but it all about the looks and not the functionality.

Date PurchasedDec 2000
Hi Jojo, I do apologise for the issues you encountered with one of our Sunbeam products. Your feedback is much appreciated and will be passed onto the product team. Kindest Regards Jessica

Great toaster but now a fire hazard

It has been a great toaster in our household over a number of years.
But now, intermittently, on one side, the toaster will pop up as per normal, however the element stays on. The indicator light stays on also but if it isn't noticed then the element will continue to heat. Luckily it was dicovered when the smoke alarm in the hallway went off.

Sunbeam lift your game ! Not a good toaster

Yes ditto .. Other reviews .. Doesn't toast well for a cafe series top end model ? Is not good
Controls stiff and inconsistent heat settings ie sometimes over toasts on same heat settings ?
Outside cabinet is well made but shame working is not as good. Has been taken off the market ? As don't see it around in stores anymore
Good Finnish in cabinet
Doesn't Toast well or consistently

Rubbish

Most expensive toaster in the shop but complete rubbish. Wont toast an average grain slice in one sitting even on the maximum setting. Save your buck and get a brevillle. I emailed sunbeam about this and they had nothing to offer apart from suggesting we return it for an exchange. Lame.
Looks nice