2Sunbeam Compact Café Press GR8220 / GR8250B

80% · 82 · 20%

3mailjohn
3mailjohnSydney, NSW

What’s this black film?

I just bought this item. Washed the surfaces with warm soapy water, and dried with a paper towel (white), only to find a black film on the drying towel. Rubbed more and there was less. Then I thought to look up Eazyclean, the coating that is placed on the hot plates. Is it Teflon? Is it toxic? Difficult to get any info but good to know because I won’t be using it until I’m sure it’s safe to use.
Rebecca
Rebecca4 posts

Great little machine!!

After getting one of these for my mum I was so impressed with it I had to get one. Purchased it on sale. Cooks toasties quickly and easily with different amounts of fillings etc. have had it for at least 3 months now with use every couple of days and it’s fantastic!! Would recommend

Dan B
Dan BSydney

Bad or faulty machine

I recently purchased one of these machines, with the first few uses everything worked well but it all went down hill after that, the press then would burn anything with the top plate and wouldn't heat anything with the bottom plate. Then after using it today the machine burnt the sandwich and even melted the buttons on the top of the machine all within 2 minutes. I called the shop we purchased this from and the said that someone will call me back tomorrow. I wouldn't recommend this machine it was meant to be one of the better one, very disappointed.

Zues Lives on!
Zues Lives on!Western Australia, 606018 posts
  GR8250B

Who doesn't love their toasties?

This café press is a welcome addition to any kitchen. it simple to use and makes great toasties with a minimal of fuss. It's adjustable hinge allows for it to also be use to heat up your wraps, giving it the same taste as if you brought one from the shop. I love this little press, it's easy clean and to store away. The only thing I would swap it for is maybe the 4 slice café press.

Bugs
BugsSouthern and Hills, SA28 posts
Kay R
Kay RSYDNEY7 posts
  GR8250B

This is ideal for making a quick tea for seniors or singles, just put ham tomato, cheese and onion on two slices of bread and presto it is toasted in two minutes. Just like buying it from the shop. You add whatever you like, thickness is not an issue, you can adjust it.

Show 2 replies

Chris P
Chris PSydney61 posts

Nice for a winter's day

Relatively inexpensive and super easy to use- a great sandwich press to use for lunch or a quick snack. Out of the box and cooking in 5 minutes and heats up/cooks very fast. Also quite small and good to use in a small kitchen environment. A solid purchase- well worth it if you eat a lot of sandwiches.

Show reply

Allan Visser4 posts
  GR8220

Definetly Awesome!!

Just bought this press, and tried it right away! I am totally blown away at how quick it grills! Much faster than any other earlier types, normally takes over 5 minutes, this one though: inside of 5 minutes! (though it depends on what you put in the sandwiches, could take longer) Wow! I definetly recommend it to anybody that is considering one. Absolutely Fantastic! Great one Sunbeam! you have outdone yourselves this time! Yahoo!!

Dayse
DayseSydney5 posts
  GR8250B

Love it. Excellent quality !!!

I've bought this machine almost 3 years ago and it still looks like brand new. The size is perfect for small families, fits in small places, lightweight and extremely easy to clean. I usually use it to prepare sandwiches and nothing sticks to much because of Teflon coating and if so it is very simple to remove that, just pass a moist soft paper.

I'm very happy with that.

Melodramie
MelodramieAU12 posts
  Compact Café Press

Fast, convenient, brilliant!

I was looking for a smaller cafe press, without the ridges in the plates so that I could toast almost anything and it was easy to clean. I'm so glad I bought this one, as it really fits the bill. The compact size is perfect for my already cluttered bench space, and it heats up and toasts things evenly and quickly. The manual says it can also be used to make open grills, but I find it takes ages to do this - I've never seen cheese melt so slowly before. So I mainly stick to closed toasted sandwiches and wraps. Fantastic little machine!
Size, appearance, flat plates, easy to clean, floating hinge
Not so good for open grills - too slow. Show reply