Sunbeam Compact Café Press GR8220 / GR8250B

Sunbeam Compact Café Press GR8220 / GR8250B

GR8250B and GR8220

Great little machine!!

After getting one of these for my mum I was so impressed with it I had to get one. Purchased it on sale. Cooks toasties quickly and easily with different amounts of fillings etc. have had it for at least 3 months now with use every couple of days and it’s fantastic!! Would recommend

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Bad or faulty machine

I recently purchased one of these machines, with the first few uses everything worked well but it all went down hill after that, the press then would burn anything with the top plate and wouldn't heat anything with the bottom plate. Then after using it today the machine burnt the sandwich and even melted the buttons on the top of the machine all within 2 minutes. I called the shop we purchased this from and the said that someone will call me back tomorrow. I wouldn't recommend this machine it was meant to be one of the better one, very disappointed.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Who doesn't love their toasties?

This café press is a welcome addition to any kitchen. it simple to use and makes great toasties with a minimal of fuss. It's adjustable hinge allows for it to also be use to heat up your wraps, giving it the same taste as if you brought one from the shop. I love this little press, it's easy clean and to store away. The only thing I would swap it for is maybe the 4 slice café press.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Clever design

I was somewhat dismayed to read a review (after our impulse purchase) that complained that the teflon peeled off. However I am pleased to report that after 9 months use there has been no problem in this regard. I have had to tighten the top half at the hinge and I note that it still doesn't quite sit level when in use but to no apparent ill effect. I particularly like the locking setting which means it can be flipped up on one edge to save space in our small kitchen. Since our purchase I have recently noticed that our son has a larger model Sunbeam and when asked, he said in about 5 years he has had no issues.
Possibly its when the press is accidentally or carelessly left on for many hours after use because it is not unpluged BEFORE removal of the wrap, sandwich or whatever, that people end up with a problem?

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Excellent.

This is ideal for making a quick tea for seniors or singles, just put ham tomato, cheese and onion on two slices of bread and presto it is toasted in two minutes. Just like buying it from the shop. You add whatever you like, thickness is not an issue, you can adjust it.

Hi Kay R, Thank you for your great feedback on the Sunbeam GR8250B! If you require any further advise or information on the unit, please don't hesitate to give our Customer Care Team a call on 1300 881 861 and one of our representatives will be more than happy to assist. Kind Regards SunbeamIt really is a great product and I need to letter others know.

Nice for a winter's day

Relatively inexpensive and super easy to use- a great sandwich press to use for lunch or a quick snack. Out of the box and cooking in 5 minutes and heats up/cooks very fast. Also quite small and good to use in a small kitchen environment. A solid purchase- well worth it if you eat a lot of sandwiches.

HI Chris. Thank you for your great feedback on the Sunbeam GR8250B! If you require any further advise or information on the unit, please don't hesitate to give our Customer Care Team a call on 1300 881 861 and one of our representatives will be more than happy to assist. Kind Regards Sunbeam

Definetly Awesome!!

Just bought this press, and tried it right away! I am totally blown away at how quick it grills! Much faster than any other earlier types, normally takes over 5 minutes, this one though: inside of 5 minutes! (though it depends on what you put in the sandwiches, could take longer) Wow! I definetly recommend it to anybody that is considering one. Absolutely Fantastic! Great one Sunbeam! you have outdone yourselves this time! Yahoo!!

Love it. Excellent quality !!!

I've bought this machine almost 3 years ago and it still looks like brand new. The size is perfect for small families, fits in small places, lightweight and extremely easy to clean. I usually use it to prepare sandwiches and nothing sticks to much because of Teflon coating and if so it is very simple to remove that, just pass a moist soft paper.

I'm very happy with that.

Fast, convenient, brilliant!

I was looking for a smaller cafe press, without the ridges in the plates so that I could toast almost anything and it was easy to clean. I'm so glad I bought this one, as it really fits the bill. The compact size is perfect for my already cluttered bench space, and it heats up and toasts things evenly and quickly. The manual says it can also be used to make open grills, but I find it takes ages to do this - I've never seen cheese melt so slowly before. So I mainly stick to closed toasted sandwiches and wraps. Fantastic little machine!
Size, appearance, flat plates, easy to clean, floating hinge
Not so good for open grills - too slow.

Just a follow-up note: This toaster takes a bit longer than the old triangle style toastie makers to melt cheese inside a sandwich. So you need to toast it longer, meaning sometimes the outside gets much more toasted than you want. I still love this though.

can we toast fish
Hi Rangiah. Yes you can cook fish in this machine. My advice would be to wrap it in foil to avoid any sticking.Thank you very much for your solution. I am very much pleased.

Can you use this model to make tortillas or other flatbreads?
I just had a quick look in the user's guide, especially in the recipes section, and the answer to your question Marian Steinberg is "Yes you can make tortillas or other flatbreads with this model". I hope that helps.Hi Marian, I haven't toasted tortillas or flatbreads myself, but I see no reason why you couldn't do it.

Similar listings