Sunbeam Digital Pizza Bake & Grill BT7100

Sunbeam Digital Pizza Bake & Grill BT7100

MPNs: 36378848 and BT7100

Benchtop and Toaster Ovens Buying Guide

Everyone loves a good, home-cooked meal - crispy-crust pizza, anyone? A benchtop/toaster oven is a mini, portable oven that sits on your kitchen counter and achieves delicious results. Read on for more information about whether a toaster oven is right for you.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Andrew Nguyen

Andrew NguyenPerth, WA

So far so good

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for your positive review Andrew!

PhilSydney, NSW

Sunbeam BT7100 Quick Start 22L Oven - Digital Display failures

Sunbeam Quick Start 22L Stainless Steel Oven with Digital Display (Bench top Oven).
After using this item a couple of times I noticed that when it heated up one of the digital display filaments failed to light up...then the more times I used it more and more of the filaments failed. The display is fine when you first start it up but the failure/s occurred as the oven heated up until you were no longer able to read either the 'time left' or 'temperature' displays. Returned it direct to Sunbeam shop and replaced without argument. Item not fixed but thrown away...what a waste.
Apart from that it's a reasonably good appliance, quick to heat up, easy to use, easy to clean.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Phil, glad to see your problem was resolved, thanks for the review...

Lou2Loops

Lou2LoopsWA, 6171

Does a good job

I purchased this oven back in May 2018 and it's had a lot of use since. Overall very happy with it but probably not as good as the Breville oven it replaced. In all fairness, the Breville is a more costly unit. However, the Sunbeam does the job well though. The price alone makes it something of a bargain. It has easy to use controls and heats the food through very well. I've always had good products from Sunbeam and this is no exception.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Lou2Loops, thank you for your fair review, we really appreciate the feedback here at Sunbeam and hope you continue to enjoy the oven!

Benchtop / Toaster Ovens

Find out how Sunbeam Digital Pizza Bake & Grill BT7100 compares to other Benchtop / Toaster Ovens

Fay

FayDarling Downs, QLD

Disappointing

Unnecessary to have to choose between 10 settings before even turning on oven. Why does one have to heat oven and then have to reset it to begin cooking. Other ovens heat, light goes out and time to place food in oven. No oven light in appliance. Have contacted a Sunbeam, but no response in three days as indicated.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Judi

JudiAU

Love this oven

I've had this a few months now after my breville died. This has a large wide and deep cavity. A large selection of customisable settings. Cooks great. Comes with a pizza tray and roasting pan. Easy clean interior. Only gripe the shelves could come with a bigger gap between for more airflow

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Waste of money

Very disappointed with this product. The temperature reading is well off, when set for 200 my oven thermostat reads 160. I had to buy an oven thermostat because there is no indication that the oven has reached the set temp, which takes a very long time. I have been pleased with previous Sunbeam products but this is not a winner.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Gisela P.

Gisela P.Peel, WA

Not too bad

This item mostly does the job it is meant to do. Bit disappointed that the temperature is quite a bit off (according to my oven thermometer, if I want 200 degrees have to set for 230, want 180 have to set to 200) and obviously it takes longer to heat up to the higher temperatures - almost as long as my full sized oven. It hopefully uses considerably less power than an oven (is supposed to). Also think that it could do with more elements across the top rather than one big loop with nothing through the middle - so toasts a little unevenly. I have only had this toaster oven for just over a month and have used it for various things reasonably well, but had hoped it would prove to be a little better than what it is.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
dodgyplonk

dodgyplonk

Too Easy

We have bought a few of these type little bench top ovens, this one is by far the best one yet. It has 10 functions from defrost reheat and grill, plus toast, crumpet, pizza, bake, roast, cookies, and warm, they all have different times and you can change it if you want less, then when the times up it sounds a few loud beeps and stops by its self, you can restart it easily.. Just so handy. This oven has a drip removable tray, 2 shelves, can be removed as well. If you like to use the one for deeper dishes.

Asleepontheradiator

AsleepontheradiatorTamborine Mountain

Love this !

I bought this for the convenience of cooking small amounts of roast vegetables, pizza, MUFFiNS and COOKIES! And I love it - no more heating our huge 900mm oven for the 2 of us -
It is very easy to use with simple instructions that are easy to understand
Kind of agree with previous reviewer regarding no light in the oven - it is a little inconvenient - but I will still give it 5 stars as I know I will get lots of use from it and love how easy it is to use

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Benchtop / Toaster Ovens

I can bake!

Hi. It's my first experience and It's work well. I could bake an apple cake and my 12 yo son baked a pizza. He like digital screen. I hope this oven will be last longer.
One issue - there is not light inside of the oven. I can't see what is going on there. That is why I give 4 stars. Thanks.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Julia McLouth

Julia McLouthasked

Hi there, how hot does the oven get? is it hot to touch the sides of the oven? Just wondering if it will be safe to cook with children. Thanks

Customer SupportSunbeam

Hi Julia,
Sunbeam is very safety conscious when designing and manufacturing consumer products, but it is essential that the product user also exercise care when using an electrical appliance. I would excerise caution when in use & not have in a child reachable area if you are concerned. Hope this helps you.

Phil

In short, YES, this oven and in fact ALL PORTABLE OVENS GET VERY HOT ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE CABINET, top, bottom and sides, and the oven (when on) should not have anything close to or touching it. To stop this the walls of the oven would have to be very thick and well insulated therefore taking up much more room. Even built-in ovens must have a significant air cavity around them and well vented or they will destroy the surrounding cabinets with the radiating heat. Always sit a portable oven on something to protect your counter top from the significant heat even through its base.

Virstef Ciefannyasked

How to set upper heating only for baking layer cake? Since there is no manual setting..

Thanks heaps

Phil

I have no idea which model oven you have but my model does NOT have an upper element.

Customer SupportSunbeam

Hi Virstef,
Attached is the product manual if you refer to page 11 this will give you instructions on how to bake https://sunbeam-s3-production.s3.ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/BT7100_17EM2_546bbf8d16.pdf also of your go to the end of the product manual there is some yummy recipes to follow also.

Virstef Ciefanny

Thank you for your answer. But the bake mode uses lower and upper element. But what i need is only an upper element only with enable turbo fan.

Thank you!

Melm

Melmasked

Hello my 81 yr mum is looking at this oven. She is concerned that it will burn her food if the top element comes on when in bake mode. I appreciate your feedback. Thanks. Melissa

Phil

There is no top element on my oven

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

CategoryBenchtop / Toaster Ovens