I love this product

Have had this for 4 or 5 years now and use regularly. The vacuum seal works well but we found if gets hot allow to cool before continuing to use. By doing this we have been problem free. We would recommend this product to anyone and have done so. Few of our friends now have purchased one as well.

Date PurchasedJan 2014
Thanks for the great review JJay!!

Great product, though occasionally fiddly

Received this product as a gift. I've been using this at least twice a week for 6 months now and it's worked great for the most part.

The design makes the process a little fiddly sometimes, as it can be difficult to get the opening of the bag in the correct place to ensure a good vacuum seal - especially if you don't have a fair amount of excess plastic to work with. I feel like this means we're wasting a lot of the rolls because of this, which is a little annoying, though not the end of the world.

After running out of the rolls provided with the machine, I've bought some generic ones from ebay which have worked great and are a lot cheaper than the rolls they recommend.

Also, the machine doesn't work very well if there's any moisture in the food you're sealing, the rivulets of moisture being sucked through prevent a proper seal being made. The instruction booklet recommends putting a paper towel at the entrance to avoid this, though I haven't managed to achieve this given the required positioning of the item to get a seal - will keep trying.

In the meantime, this is easily rectified by making sure any liquids you want to put in there are either jellied or frozen. I think the liquid issue is a problem for all vacuum sealers at this price point, so it doesn't really worry me.

Great Machine

Have had our one for 12 months. Has not missed a beat. Whole deer, two pigs, lamb and seafood have been put through ours at various time. Both pigs were butchered and bagged in one session. No issues with vacuum or sealing.

Poor quality

First one I had lasted a few months before the sealing stop working, 2nd one lasted even less. Same problem, suggest you wait several minutes between seals or the element will just give up

Stops working after 6 uses

Product was working fine until i tried to vacuum seal multiple items in a row. Now it works only sporadically and i have to wait multiple hours between uses otherwise it does not work at all. Would not recommend anyone purchases this product unless they want a large paper weight.

Hi hn, for further assistance please contact our Consumer Support Team on 1300 881 861.