Sunbeam FoodSaver VS4300

MPN: 35903089

Dan H

Dan HStrathfield

Poor vacuum maintained

Bought January 2018 from the Good Guys unused. Take it out of the cupboard first time July 2019 and it doesn’t switch on! made of plastic but can’t test the function of it as it doesn’t work.

Purchased in January 2018 at The Good Guys for $39.00.

Julie

JulieSouth West, WA

Used infrequently over a two year period and both sealer and vacuum do not work.

As stated in title. Unit used infrequently over a two year period and now not working at all. No lights, no seal, no vacuum. Seals are in good condition. Expensive new bags with no pinholes. The machine makes a noise when pressed but no action. As it is out of warranty, it will now become an expensive item of landfill.

Purchased in August 2017 at Retrovision.

Hi Julie,
Thank you for the feedback. It will be passed onto our product team. This model is now discontinued. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

srjh82

Very poor quality. Broke after less than a year of infrequent use.

Pretty typical of Sunbeam's poor quality control. I probably went through less than 30 bags over the course of a year before the sealer element failed. For close to $100 you should expect much better than this.

While the force required to operate the button mechanism is awkward and excessive, that is not the issue - the unit pulls and holds a vacuum, but never actually seals the bag.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi srjh82. Sunbeam would be more than happy to assist you outside of the manufacturing warranty period. Please call our customer care team with your proof of purchase and they will assist!

Boddy Big Banana

Boddy Big BananaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Stinker

Worked a bit early days but now won’t seal at all!! We don’t even bother with the vacuum seal anymore. Not sure how they can see such crap. Makes me so angry because this heap of crap wan’t cheap either. Don’t waste your money, this thing is really bad. Thr

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Rubbish and only good for landfill

This machine has had little use because it won’t vacuum or seal. Waste of my hard earned money and does anyone one know of a good replacement that works. We produce a lot of our own fruit and like to store it safely. Something that is not too expensive preferably.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

SuzyQ

SuzyQSydney

Eventually worked it out!

Was ready to give a 1 star having tried for half an hour to make it work. Then read JuneeVee review - yes it DOES have to have the plastic positioned properly and yes, you DO have to press quite hard on both sides of the machine, making sure you hear the "click" on each side. I was only getting a click on one side and took A LOT of strength to get the second click. Then it worked!!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

KAR

KARDarling Downs, QLD

Only one place this needs to be and that is in the bin

Giving this product a 1 star rating is overkill. I was given my first as a gift lasted 14 months I stupidly purchased another and it died after 16 months. Sunbeam you obviously are aware that this product is [sorry to be so blunt] CRAP,but you choose to ignore these reviews.
Sent an email directly to Sunbeam 2 weeks ago and still waiting for a response,
The next one I buy will be a Dometic.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Like all Sunbeam Products(had several) it's rubbish didn't work and instructions stupid....

Doesn't work. Troubleshoot is a riddle.....what a load of garbage it is like all Sunbeam products junk. Was a present. Instruction book leaves you guessing how to use it and if it's a scientific project for the user to read the manufacturer mind on his creation so you know how use it. cannot provide proof of purchase unless last year's Christmas card is ok!!!!!!!!!

JuneeVee

JuneeVeeCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

If all else fails, follow the instructions...

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Love it.

Bought mine a week ago. At first l couldn't get it to work, but then l got someone who has one show me how to use it. Have not had any problems at all with it. What l was doing wrong was not taking the plastic bar out of the vacuum tray. You do need to push fairly hard on the sides as well.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Best thing i ever brought

After reading a few reviews I can't believe the negativity I have had the sunbeam vac sealer for over six years and every year I vacuum over fifty kilos of Italian sausages and have never had a problem because you must use it properly when I first got it I was shown how to use it by a friend helping me to make my sausages she had one and knew by experience that you must use it properly I vacuum seal my Italian cheese as I buy half a wheel of cheese my sausages stay vacuumed for for about nearly twelve months no problems as all the negative reviews are having same issues I think they need someone who is experienced to show them how TO use the machine correctly.

Date PurchasedApr 2004

Patrick

PatrickMelbourne

Works just fine.

InitiallyI was concerned with all the negative reviews about this unit. Having used it during the weekend and the last few days, I must say my concerns were unfounded. Took it out of the box, read the instructions and it worked first time and every time. The unit comes complete with a roll of bag, plus 5 pre-made bags. So far I haven't had to purchase any bags yet. It even sealed opened bags of potato chips.

One thing that I've noticed is it is important to press and hold down firmly on BOTH sides of the machine to get it started - this is clearly explained in the instructions.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Peter

PeterSydney

So far, so good.

First of all, I didn't think the machine worked at all. I followed the instructions and nothing happened. Then I realised there had to be enough pressure to press the switch on both sides (you hear a small click as each side engages) THEN it worked perfectly. But first, I dried off the bag seal area according to other reviewers. Seal was good, now into the Sunbeam sous vide cooker :)

Date PurchasedAug 2017

JCBOY

JCBOYChristchurch

Waste of time, food and money!!

Bought this thought we can reduce the amount of food we waste. Wasted more food after got this. Bags won't seal properly. Noisy. Contacted Sunbeam, the person told me the bag won't seal right if there's moisture. FFS, there is a drip tray for the machine itself. The veg won't even last a few day in the bag. The bag blow up after a few days. Waste of money and time!!!! Worst thing I ever bought. Should have done my research. Will try to return the product as I got the receipt and still under warranty.

Yappa

YappaPerth Western Australia

My first one lasted 20 bags did not have a receipt so they would not refund

Because I had purchased additional rolls of bags I am now on my second one so far after 20 odd bags it is still working ( I do have the receipt ) I believe the problem is the seals but you cannot get replacements for this model
After I use this one I make sure that the seals arte all dry and I paper towel between seals

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Won't turn on out of box

I have just unboxed the Sunbeal Foodsaver Unrban Series and it doesn't turn on. So can't be used. Bought at David Jones today. May 2017. Will be a major effort to get back there and return.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Pendles

PendlesGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

THE BIGGEST heap of junk.

This product is probably the worst product on the market.
It doesn't vacuum properly, leaving the bag full of air.
I've got $300 of meat on the counter waiting to be sealed and this piece of junk isn't working.
This is my first replacement, I'll be getting a refund tomorrow.
DO NOT BUY.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Does not turn on

Just bought this today, plugged it in and it does not turn on at all.
After reading all the reviews I will not be getting another sunbeam product.
If only I had of researched before hand than I would have read all these terrible comments.
Plus your Facebook page does not allow customers to review you, convenient because you would not have a rating at all.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

steve

steveMid North Coast, NSW

sunbeam 4200 food saver

been nothing but trouble after a few uses, sucks but doesent seal long enough to complete seal, tried everything being a handyman able to test veriest things to no avail its very little use not more than 24 times no wonder after reading the various reviews ill never buy another sunbeam product as long as i live, put that in your pipe and smoke it sunbeam. steve

Date PurchasedJun 2015

So angry!

Got this as a Christmas present so no receipt! Plug it in and it doesn't work!!!!!!!! I am so angry right now. These are very expensive and now it can't be returned!!!! You better have a solution for me Sunbeam because this is highway robbery!! Says it has a warranty but I don't have a receipt!!

Irene P.

Irene P.asked

I have a VS4300 which the heat is not getting hot and it is not sucking the air out of the bag properly. it has worked a couple of times today but now has stopped with a big time gap in between. Is there anything that needs to be reset anywhere?

Customer CareSunbeam

Hello Irene P.
No there is no reset button, you can try the troubleshooting steps on page 18-19: https://www.sunbeam.com.au/Root/Specifications/InstructionBooklet/VS4300%20IB%20-%20Web%20file.pdf

The only other solution would be to talk to a repair agent, find your local agent here: https://www.sunbeam.com.au/en/Service-Agent-Locator/

Wayne A N

Wayne A Nasked

I have a vs4500 and it seems to clamp down tight on the bag during the vacuum process and does not allow the air to be sucked out of bag.
You can see lid is being sucked closed

adamrussell1979asked

Hi, I have VS6100 food saver. It was working perfectly for the first 6 weeks now today it has developed a problem where the vacuum pump won't switch off and seal. The pump just keeps running. If I hit the seal button it lets in air and then seals. It is not vacuuming the air out and maintaining pressure, switching off the pump and sealing.

I have tried multiple bags ..
I have cleaned the gaskets and the vacuum channel...
I have made sure the bags are lying perfectly flat and are positioned perfectly in the middle of the vacuum channel and the channel is free of obstructions.

Any other ideas why it has stoped working as it should ?

Cheers

Hi adamrussell1979,
Thank you for your question. We can also suggest ensuring the 'rough' side of the bag/roll is on the under side directly on the sealing strip and that the gap from the food level to the edge of the bag is 7-10 cms. If this does not resolve, and your VS6100 was purchased withing the last 12 mths- please return it to the store.

adamrussell1979

Hi, Thanks for the extra tips. Unfortunately they did not work, I will take it back to the store.
Cheers

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives