FoodSaver Controlled Seal VS7850

FoodSaver Controlled Seal VS7850

MPN: VS7850
Listing monitored by FoodSaver

Pros

• Powerful vacuum suction

• Seals dry and moist foods

• Straightforward to use

Cons

• Slightly bulky

4.4

Bill42
Bill42South East Queensland, QLD

The new Sunbeam Foodsaver VS7850 - nearly as good as the VS7800.

Purchased in May 2021 at Amazon for $243.00.

Warranty Response

I purchased this machine on 28th November 2019 at the Good Guys OConnor WA. It worked really well until 20th December 2020then it just stopped working. Advice from the good guys was “bad luck it’s out of warranty”. Am very disappointed as this model was the most expensive and I expected many years of good service not just 1 year. I can get proof of purchase from them if need be.

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys.

Andrew
Andrew

After reporting the failure of the device out of warranty through this page Sunbeam promptly replaced it after I provided proof of purchase. Very happy with the response and the courtesy and willingness of the staff to resolve the issue.

Zuaad
ZuaadVictoria

Suddenly stop working!

I’m very disappointed and dissatisfied with the product. I bought the Foodsaver almost 2 years ago as one of the best quality brands but even if I just used it sporadically for very basic functions a couple of days ago suddenly stop working, and as the warranty was expired I cannot do much... next time I will try for a cheaper brand with better quality.

It doesn’t worth what I have paid for it!!! Money waste just by brand name.

Purchased in October 2018 at The Good Guys for $290.00.

Corissa NSouth East Queensland, QLD

Really great product until it stopped working after 11 months

The Foodsaver worked really well and did everything I needed it to do, unfortunately after 11 months it burnt out. I first contacted Sunbeam on the 17th April 2020 regarding the warranty, almost 7 months later after many phone calls and emails I am yet to resolve the problem I had with their product. They either tell me to resend all the information I have already sent them or they don't even respond to my emails. It is really disappointing that a company like Sunbeam deal with warranty issues with their products in this way. Could someone from Sunbeam please contact me.

Purchased in April 2019 at Myer for $239.20.

Corissa N

I have sent two private messages and yet to receive a response from Sunbeam

Jillie

Worked well until warranty ran out

I loved using my foodsaver until it suddenly stopped working. It was only a few weeks out of warranty. I contacted customer service and all they did was send me a link to buy another unit. Not impressed

Purchased in April 2019 at Costco for $250.00.

Hello Jillie,
Please send me a private message and I would be happy to organise a replacement for you.

Hello
Thank you for your offer. My name is J Ames. PO Box 89, Woodville SA 5011
Thanks again

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Budget Coffee Machines, Bread Makers and Food Sealers

In quarantine and in need of fresh coffee, bread and longer lasting food? Read on for more information on kitchen appliances that won’t break the bank and help see you through self isolation during difficult times.

Wendy Z.27 Mar 2020
budget-coffee-machines-bread-makers-and-food-sealers

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
dennis k
dennis kSouth East Queensland, QLD

waste of money

I bought a Sunbeam VS7800 from Harvey Norman two and half years ago. I have not used the machine that much and now it wont go to phase 2 so its usless and I feel it was a waste of $250 . This is my second Sunbeam ( and my last )
signed disappointed

Purchased in September 2017 at Harvey Norman for $250.00.

cornish1MELBOURNE

Pretty disappointed - doesn't seal every time. Sent back for promotional refund within 60 days - still waiting

Purchased in March 2020 at Harvey Norman for $498.00.

Hello cornish1,
Your refund is being processed, please review your banking details/refunds in DM. Thank you for your patience.

Can you please explain DM as I have not received any refund as yet. Thx

Brian C.
Brian C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very Disappointing

We bought this about 18 months ago. It's only done light domestic food bag sealing as there's only 2 of us to freeze food for. I was sealing a bag recently and it just stopped. A strong electric burning smell came from the Food Saver...........and wouldn;t you know it it's just out of warranty, of course. Very disappointed with the Sunbeam Food Saver as they're obviously not a quality product despite the price paid. My advice to you is don't touch it, move on to another brand!!!

Purchased in October 2018 at Appliances Online for $217.00.

Anthea P.
Anthea P.Perth, WA

Game changer

This is the first foodsaver I've purchased and I'm totally smitten. The suction on it is mindblowing meaning it saves a tonne of space in my freezer. Yes, it takes a while to set up, yes, it takes a lot of bench space and yes, it is expensive to buy the special Sunbeam bags, but the extra long life it adds to foods is totally worth it. Plus, I can now sous-vide and feel like a true MasterChef!!

Purchased in March 2020 at Winning Appliances for $299.00.

Woody K.
Woody K.Sydney, NSW

It either vacuums or it seals it doesn’t do both?

Purchased for $229.00.

MortishiaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

A must for all kitchens

So, I read reviews on this product before replacing my old food saver. I’ve always said that a brand name does make a difference and here I agree. The Sunbeam VS7850 may be a little bulky but I feel there’s a reason for this. You can store your roll in the unit. When needed, lift the cover to bring roll to sealing line, seal then pull to desired length. Using the cutting slide, cut then removed bag and put to use. Simply followed by vacuum sealing. The use of pump takes a little getting used to. Unfortunately, the price of the bags you don’t want to make too many errors.
Overall, I found the Sunbeam food saver a better improvement to what I previously owned.

Purchased in August 2019 at Costco for $127.99.

Jo BevanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Every Kitchen Should Have One!

• +1Thumbnail

Purchased in July 2019.

Hi Jo Bevan
Thank you for the great review! Your information is fantastic for us and other readers. I will be passing this onto our product manager whom will be delighted. Thanks again Jo,

xavibear
xavibearSYDNEY

Lowered my grocery bill!

Hi xavibear
Thanks so much for the great review! We definitely agree with you. Fresher food for longer entices people to eat more healthier foods.
Kind regards Sunbeam

Lightness
LightnessCanberra 2600, ACT

Intelligently designed kitchen helper

This is an intelligently designed device that will save time, energy and food waste and it is wonderful for the environment. The reason I have given it four stars is because the instructions are pedantic, a little confusing and difficult to follow. It took a while to work out exactly where to place the plastic roll when sealing. Green markers on the spot would make a difference. Having said that, it is a small issue because this product will truly make a difference to families of all sizes who need to store food. It has been a welcomed addition to my kitchen.

Purchased in July 2019 at Gift.

Hi Lightness,
Thanks for the great review! Well noted on the instructions. I have passed this feedback onto our product manager.

TTZ
TTZSouth Australia

Food gets put into a time warp

Purchased in July 2019.

Hi Tina Z.
Thanks so much for the great review. Enjoy!
Kind regards, Sunbeam

R8 THIS
R8 THISasked

When vacuum sealing some beef steaks, I've noticed some air pockets and when opening the bag, the meat is starting to turn... Have tried on wet, dry, adding paper towel and all had air in the bags... Not much air but still air. Ideas?

Robasked

Hi, the rubber gasket/strip along the length of my 7850's lid always comes out of its slot just on the on the right side when I open the lid after sealing and I have to push it back in each time. Should it be doing this?

cornish1

I had this happen with my first one which I found out was a fault. Had it replaced under guarantee

No. It should not happen. Get in touch with Sunbeam

Thank you all !

Jeanetteasked

I am wanting to purchase a foodsaver. Is this product as good as the v9000 if not what is the difference.

Mortishia

Hi Jeanette, I’ve got the vs7850 and am happy. There are so many advantages to this model,
- compact into 1, storage of roll
- lever on side (storage, on, to lock and vacuum/seal, safety lock for storage)
- the added bonus of vacuum pump so you may use the bags or containers.
Both units have the inbuilt cutting blade. Personally, I’d go the vs7850 model unless you are planning to use away from home (outback/fishing etc.)
Let’s also be honest, there is a significant price difference too. It appears the v9000 is more designed for on the go.
Happy choosing, hope I helped.
Maria

Jeanette

Thank you so much = have answered my query.

See all FoodSaver Controlled Seal VS7850 questions

Get an answer from our members and FoodSaver representatives

Features:

• The Foodsaver Controlled Seal VS7850 is an external vacuum sealer that creates a commercial quality vacuum seal for your food - Sunbeam says that it'll keep your food fresh for up to 5 times longer.
  • You can store your compatible FoodSaver rolls within the machine, and use the cutter to cut bags to your desired size, depending on the food item you're sealing.
  • The food sealer has a retractable accessory hose that's makes it easy to seal containers and reusable vacuum zipper bags.
  • A moist food setting in the sealer lets you package more watery foods, helping you keep stews and marinades fresher for longer.
  • This sealer also offers a ‘marinate’ option, which pushes juices into the meat using the pressure of the vacuum.
  • Included with this model are a 28cm roll, 5 pre-cut bags, and 5 reusable vacuum zipper bags.
  • The appliance is made from stainless steel, making for a durable unit that'll last.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the Foodsaver VS7850 had powerful suction which resulted in compact bags, which helped them save a lot of space in their freezers, refrigerators, and pantries.
  • Reviewers said that they easily packaged a variety of foods using the appliance, including moist foods.
  • They also noted that the unit was easy to use, including the extra features, such as the handheld sealing device.

A point of pain:

• Some reviewers said that the unit took up a lot of kitchen bench space, which sometimes made it inconvenient to store. While the size also means it's suitable to wrap larger foods and quantities, you should consider the size of your kitchen and pantry before purchasing this sealer.
CategoryFood Sealers