Sunbeam FoodSaver VS7850

MPN: VS7850

Mortishia

MortishiaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

A must for all kitchens

So, I read reviews on this product before replacing my old food saver. I’ve always said that a brand name does make a difference and here I agree. The Sunbeam VS7850 may be a little bulky but I feel there’s a reason for this. You can store your roll in the unit. When needed, lift the cover to bring roll to sealing line, seal then pull to desired length. Using the cutting slide, cut then removed bag and put to use. Simply followed by vacuum sealing. The use of pump takes a little getting used to. Unfortunately, the price of the bags you don’t want to make too many errors.
Overall, I found the Sunbeam food saver a better improvement to what I previously owned.

Purchased in August 2019 at Costco for $127.99.

Jo BevanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Every Kitchen Should Have One!

Hi Jo Bevan
Thank you for the great review! Your information is fantastic for us and other readers. I will be passing this onto our product manager whom will be delighted. Thanks again Jo,

xavibear

xavibearSYDNEY

Lowered my grocery bill!

Hi xavibear
Thanks so much for the great review! We definitely agree with you. Fresher food for longer entices people to eat more healthier foods.
Kind regards Sunbeam

Lightness

LightnessCanberra 2600, ACT

Intelligently designed kitchen helper

This is an intelligently designed device that will save time, energy and food waste and it is wonderful for the environment. The reason I have given it four stars is because the instructions are pedantic, a little confusing and difficult to follow. It took a while to work out exactly where to place the plastic roll when sealing. Green markers on the spot would make a difference. Having said that, it is a small issue because this product will truly make a difference to families of all sizes who need to store food. It has been a welcomed addition to my kitchen.

Purchased in July 2019 at Gift.

Hi Lightness,
Thanks for the great review! Well noted on the instructions. I have passed this feedback onto our product manager.

TTZ

TTZSouth Australia

Food gets put into a time warp

Hi Tina Z.
Thanks so much for the great review. Enjoy!
Kind regards, Sunbeam

Denis

DenisFairfield

Keep it on the counter to use every day!

Hi Denis,
Can't thank you enough for your time, thanks for reviewing.

ganstar

ganstarBris

Perfect Product Name!

DamoonTwo

DamoonTwoWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Great time and money saver ........a master appliance

Hi Damoon Two,
Thank you so much for this review.! Enjoy.
Kind Regards, Sunbeam

GrahamMac

GrahamMacSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great food saver and time efficient wonder for pre-prepping meals

Hi GrahamMac
Thanks for the great review! We really appreciate your time and effort. Now many more people will be able to follow suit. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

David

DavidSunshine Coast

A brilliant little machine

Hi David,
Thank you so much for the great review! Your feedback is very informative to us and also the public. I will pass this on to our product manager, including the cost of the containers. Enjoy - Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Adelia

Adelia

I never knew that I needed a vacuum sealer until I owned this and now I can't live without it!

Hi Adelia,
Very informative for all our customers, thank you...

sherriVic, 3802

Really easy to use, wonderful for preserving food quality if you freeze a lot

Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks Sherri, we appreciate your review

Simone

SimoneSydney

Fantastic - must have item for the kitchen!

I’m a new mum and before getting this found it so difficult to eat healthy meals. Now I food prep and portion my food for the week using the Foodsaver. It’s so easy to use and is a really high quality product. In the long run I’ll save money because now I have zero wastage and my food is fresh and delicious, I don’t have a large freezer to stash meals so this is a great alternative. I would 100% recommend this item.

The only very minor negative which may need to be considered is storage because it’s quite a bulky item, which logically it has to be to be able to wrap larger foods/quantities but if you have very limited kitchen space and storage this is something to keep in mind. Other than this tiny point it’s absolutely brilliant. 10/10!

Hi Simone,
Thank you for the great review. I have also passed on your feedback with the size for storage. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Workingmum

WorkingmumSouth West, WA

Very useful for freezing products, bulky but worthwhile

Hi Workingmum,
Thank you for the great review. Your feedback on the cons are definitely noted and have been passed on to our product manager. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

drew76

drew76Perth, WA

Use it all the time and you'll save money in the long run despite a few minor gripes.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks drew76 for the fabulous review!!

Kev H

Kev HMid North Coast, NSW

Helps reduce food spoilage & wastage.

Richard

RichardGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Nice to see good Design in a product

Hi Richard,
Thanks for the great review! Any questions - please call us on 1300 881 861.
Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Sam49SYDNEY

Taking care of business!

Hi Sam49,
Thank you for your great feedback and hints of trouble shooting some points. This is helpful to both Sunbeam and other customers. All of this is definitely taken on board and passed onto to our product manager. Kind Regards, Sunbeam.

Sam49

Thank you to Sunbeam for participating in this Ambassador Review program and being open to dynamic and hopefully [to a degree], proactive feedback. Always happy to offer analysis on any Sunbeam product.

DavidH9000Mid North Coast, NSW

The gold standard in food storage.

Hi DavidH9000,
Thank you for reviewing, very informative and helpful to others...

DavidH9000

My pleasure. It is a really brilliant product.

Thank you very much!

thubleau2

thubleau2Hunter Region, NSW

Almost perfect but Not Quite

Customer C.Sunbeam

Thank you for that absolutely wonderful review!!!!

DomBasked

Hi, I am looking at getting this machine. I will be using it to vacuum seal a lot of fish and other meats. I have a 500kg steer which I will be looking to butcher shortly and want to make sure this unit will be able to keep up. I see the GameSaver model states it can complete 50+ consecutive vacuum seals, however, I cannot see anything for this model. I would prefer the stainless steel model opposed to the plastic GameSaver as well as there isn't very many reviews on the GameSaver model. Can you please provide insight to this machine being capable to vacuum sealing consecutive bags for a period of time, or be capable of vacuum sealing a whole beast. Thank you in advance

sherri

I can't answer your question about how well it would perform to vacuum seal a whole beast as I haven't had to do that much. But I can tell you there is a suggested time lapse between seals. It is only a matter of a few seconds. I forget exactly how many, maybe 20? Would have to look it up. I think you could complete a number of seals. I did with mine. But I am not sure about 50 in a row, you might need to give it a bit of a rest so it doesn't overheat.

DomB

Thank you Sherri for your fast reply. I did see there is a 20second time between seals and I am happy with that. Just would like to know if I should be trying to find a more suited vacuum sealer or if this would suffice. Thanks again :)

Hi Dom B,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. Our FoodSaver units are quite powerful little units, however for a whole carcass, it will take longer than usual. These units are in general 120-130W only. Best to look at a vac sealer that is more a commercial power. Kind Regards Sunbeam

Louise Jamesasked

What would be the longest fish /fish fillet you could do with the VS7850 and also with the game changer model?
Thanks Louise

Hi Louise James,
The wider rolls are 28 cm wide but if you go lengthways then it would not matter how long as you cut to fit.

Hi Louise,
There is also FoodSaver roll 28cm (when wound on roll)- VS0530 - Expandable. Like a gusset style that widens up to 40cm wide. for the wider catch. Check it out on www.sunbeam.com.au Hope this helps, Kind regards Sunbeam.

Steven H.asked

Hey Sunny B,
I want to grab this machine but I have concerns around the bags. Can the machine work with other bags or will it only work with your bags. where can your bags be pickup

Cheers
Steve

stevei
stevei

Hey Steven, I've got this machine and I reckon it'll work with any bags the same dimension as the Foodsaver originals. I'm going to try some cheaper versions next time I need bags to see how they go.

Hi Steven H.
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. FoodSaver bags are the only ones we recommend to use. Main reason being is the bags and other accessories are designed specifically for the FoodSaver brand units - temperature, size and pump capacity wise.
Kind Regards,

Thanks Stevei,

Thanks Sunny B the response i expected lol cheers anyway

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives