Sunbeam FoodSaver VS7850

Sunbeam FoodSaver VS7850

MPN: VS7850

Why didn't I buy this ages ago!!

I seem to be constantly throwing food out... so I bought the Sunbeam VS7850 a few weeks ago... along with a variety of their containers. I was a bit sceptical, but I thought hey, I'll give it a go. I did lots of research on different models. Gotta say I'm very impressed!! Vacuum sealing cheese after each use, avocados, bagged nuts, crackers, cherry tomatoes(in the container), meat/chicken etc for the freezer. I use it every day! Everything stays so fresh. Salad leaves that you buy in the bag from the supermarket seem to last about a week or so (in a container). Cherry tomatoes last for about the same time (in a container). No freezer burn on meat. Berries keep well in a container. This thing will pay for itself.. and it's kinda fun to use. It sits on the kitchen counter in "Store Mode" ready to go. It's great for portion control too when you're freezing cooked food.. and the fact you can Sous Vide those portions is fantastic!

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Hi stevei, Thanks for the great review. Enjoy !

Amazing unit

Just started using my food saver , it's super easy to use and versatile. I have been using it for meal prep and fermenting food and have had exceptional results.
Higley recommended

Purchased .

Hi AI M, Thanks for the great review. Glad to hear!

No more food waste! Love it!

The VS7850 is amazing and versatile. I can use it for freezer food storage, pre-pack meals and portion control my food. The accessory attachment enables me to use the containers and zip lock bags for food that I use frequently and can easily take out what I need and then just vacuum the air out again. Marinating is a breeze, instead of hours, it is done in minutes. Lettuce 14 days people!!!!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Thanks again Deeb. Glad to see your lettuce is getting the lifecycle it deserves!!!

Saving money buying in bulk

Our family decided to buy the VS7850 so we can then bulk food in bulk and save money. The machine is easy to use and is well built. The tube and connector to use with the Foodsaver containers is good and we are vacuum sealing fruit so it lasts the whole week.
So pleased we are not throwing away food anymore.
Well worth the price!

Date PurchasedOct 2018
HI Nilly, great to see you are enjoying using this product, thanks for the review!

Compact - great for pre planning meals for Camping

I use this product for organising meals before we head away with my family in our camper trailer. I love the containers that Food saver have on the market as i pack rice, marshmallows (to cook on the fire) and even flour. (to make damper)
The hose that is attached works every time when i need to vacuum leftovers in the 3 cup container, but i especially love the 10 cup container as i can store my vegetables / fruit in the fridge keeping it fresher for quite some time.
I am amazed how long some things will keep so much longer in these handy containers. My friends also are amazed when i show them by pushing the button it releases the air how it was airtight. No longer wasting as much food with this compact and easy to use machine.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
HI Royboy, it is amazing how it really does such a great job!

A investment that the whole family can use!

I am renowned for food waste, since purchasing my sunbeam VS7850 I have saved an average of $50 a week on waste. I can now buy meat and produce in bulk and put it in the freezer/fridge. I’ve been more proactive with meal prep as I no longer have the risk of freezer burn. I use the bags all the time, but have recently purchased the containers...all of a sudden my $7 blueberries aren’t so expensive when they’re lasting me 2-3 weeks. The freshness of the food is unbelievable!!

Date PurchasedMay 2018
HI Chutz 90, great to see you love using your Vac sealer!

Easy and fast

I’ve had this for about 6 months and it works perfectly every time. I chose this one because it had a hose attached. I mainly use for meats and I use portion my meals and freeze for later. Months later everything has always been as fresh as the day I’ve made it. I didn’t think I’d use the hose much but I use it all the time in containers especially for my lunches and leftovers. Easy. Recommend to anyone

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great Product to Save Money and Time

We have been using this machine now for 6 months, not only has it reduced our Grocery Bill and Food Wastage it saves time. For people who like to plan meals in advance or bulk cook the product is great for keeping food fresh in containers or pre prepared kids meals in bags in the freezer especially when you are running late. We also use it for marinating, so versitile!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Save money, food, space and the ENVIRONMENT.

I could not rave this product enough, this is one of the best investment I have purchased for me and my family. Food last much longer 5x more, therefore I no longer waste food and save money. My fridge neater as I portion everything after buying bulk or shopping from the market. I often cater for parties so what I do is I chop all the garlic, onions and meats then vac seal it so on the day all the preparations are ready saving me heaps of time and my fridge no longer smell from blue cheese or herbs and spiceses.
There are numerous things you can do with this machine, it’s really up to your creativity or just look up ideas on google. It doesn’t have to be used for food only, for example my 70yrs old father would seal his shoe polish as they dry out by the next time he used it. I seal all my liquid medication when I’m traveling so it doesn’t t leak in my suitcase.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Thanks for the great review Bebe! Sealing your shoe polish, that's a new one for us!!

Save Food, Money And Space.

This machine not only saves you food, it also will save you money and space. Once you start using it you will wonder how you ever did without it.
Food is stored in the pantry or fridge and last 3-5 times longer than usual. The containers that are available also make it easier to vacumme seal chips, nuts and biscuits.
Medicaion, toiletries, can be packed in luggage whilst travelling, and even wet paint brushers can be vacume seal for the next day or week use.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Thanks for the great review TDM!

Great Way to Save Money

I have had several vacuum sealers over the years and recently upgraded to this model. I am sold on these types of products as our wastage for food is now minimal and we save money buying in bulk. Being big campers too, we always use the Foodsaver to pack our food in a spoil free packaging and its great to seal the catch of the day in as well when fishing. Several of our friends have borrowed this unit themselves several times for trips and now have purchased their own. Great features on this machine with on board roll storage and the option for containers which we have filled our pantry with

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Thanks for the positive feedback Flayminko.

Save money

This machine is so great. We have used Foodsavers for years now but since we bought the new VS7850 model its been fantastic. We buy meat in bulk and share between the family to save money. Vacuum sealing is the best way to store food.
The VS7850 model has the hose attachment so we can also use the vacuum sealing containers.
Great product.

No more food waste

This vacuum sealer is terrific for saving food for longer. Has also the option for containers and pre cut bags. Also can be used to waterproof your goods. Great for camping, packing goods for overseas trips, no leakage. Used for open avacado and lasted 8 days. Would recommend to anyone.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Thanks for the positive feedback Greg!

Voom Voom Vacuum!

I recently purchased the Foodsaver VS7850 and I find it fantastic! I love the onboard storage for the roll. I haven't purchased the containers yet but I will shortly as I can see many advantages in using them. The benefits of vacuum sealing is not just limited to food! Well done Sunbeam on a quality product!

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Thanks Jesaluma! The containers are perfect for soups and other liquids!

Easy to use, less food waste.

This great little machine saves me so much money. I can buy in bulk, cook meals in advance and have a home made meal ready during the week when we are all so busy and the last thing I want to do is cook. Food waste is now at a minimum, I can shop in bulk and spend less time in the grocery store. Winner appliance. Thanks Sunbeam Foodsaver!

Great to hear Judy!!!

I now save money

WOW.....what a great machine that vacuum seals food, I cant believe it keeps food fresh up to 5x longer in the fridge freezer or pantry. I have a large family and this has been a life saver, we now save money because we don't throw out food after 1 day.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Save so much food!

Great little machine for all sorts of applications. Mine is mainly used with the accessory hose utilizing the containers and zip lock bag systems for kids school lunches. Occasionally use the heat seal part for freezing when we have purchased bulk meat. Simple to use, looks great on the benchtop in the stainless steel finish, matches my other kitchen appliances.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Thanks for the positive feedback Adsta77!

All round food preservation king

This machine is perfect for making our food last longer when the family does its large supermarket purchases. I particularly like using it with BPA free vacuum containers. We live out of the city so this is very important to us. My husband also does a fair bit of fishing so it is great for keeping his fish in the freezer for a long time.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Thanks Danielle! Can't beat a piece of fresh fish!!

Food Saver . . perfect for vac sealing leftovers!

I've saved on grocery bills since buying my food saver because I vac seal leftovers, keeping them fresh for days & I buy bulk meat on special for the freezer. It's saved me a lot of money & best of all we're no longer wasting food.
I love making our work lunches on a Sunday for the week, the containers are fantastic. Amazingly even salad stays crisp & fresh until Friday.
Its quick, takes up no space & it's really easy to use.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hey Kess, great to hear that you are getting fantastic results and saving heaps using the Food Saver.....hope you are going to treat youself to something special with the savings!!

The man of the house loves this kitchen accessory - as I do!

Our family can not tolerate waste so this FoodSaver is a perfect match for us - we love it.
When we do our big weekly shop we can now get really organised with our meal planning, our fresh food & meal storage. It makes our fresh supplies and dollar stretch further. Plus when we are all busy and fronting up at different meal times we can grab a pack from the freezer and enjoy a good meal.
We don't throw out much wasted food at all these days which is great.
My husband loves it as he is a keen fisherman and his precious catch is sealed and set to be enjoyed over the week or frozen for later. A few of his mates had Foodsaver envy and have bought one post seeing what ours can do.