MPN: GR6450

Pretty happy with it

We use all sorts of slice bread and the toaster is able to press them together pretty easily. Less oozing eg cheese from the sides because the pockets are significantly bigger letting the ingredients sit inside.

My only gripe is the 12 month warranty by Sunbeam, something like a 2 year warranty should be more appropriate and would show that the company stands by it's products.

Purchased in May 2019 at Big W Retail Stores for $39.00.

Even Toasting Yes
Hi Tuncay I. Thanks for the great review! While we cannot change the warranty period we can usually still assist within a certain time frame after the warranty has expired.

Was amazing, then the handle broke

We purchased our Big Fill Toastie make in June 2017 and loved it. It did amazingly well and handled everything we put it in from Reubens to cheese toasties. We loved the capacity and it was going so well.... Until last night when closing the lid and squeezing the two handles together. the bottom handle broke and we are quite upset. There is only a 12 month warranty and we expected longer out of such a good product considering we only use it once or twice a month at most.

Purchased in June 2017 at Myer Online Store for $49.95.

Hi Amelia, So sorry to hear of your experience with your GR6450. We do value your feedback and I will be sure to pass this onto our product team.Hi, that is an incredibly disappointing response. Why did Doug (the review below mine) receive a replacement after he had his a few years, whilst we only had ours less than 2 years?Hi Amelia, Please email your purchase receipt to customercare@sunbeam.com.au - attn: Clare. Please also include your address and contact details.

Broken handle

I’ve only had this toastie maker a few years, with very minimal use, and it’s broken already. I put 4 cheese sandwiches in to cook, went to squeeze the two handles together to close the clip and the bottom handle completely snapped. Looks like the plastic handles can’t handle the heat and become brittle. Very disappointed and would think twice about purchasing Sunbeam again.

Purchased in January 2017 at The Good Guys for $69.00.

Hi Doug, Sorry to hear of your experience with your GR6450. Please call us on 1300 881 861 as we would love to assist you with this.I called the number that Sunbeam gave in the reply and was pleasantly surprised when they agreed to replace my GR6450 toasty cooker. As to there word 5 days later one was delivered to my door. It’s really great to see a company being proactive with customer support. Thank you Sunbeam.Hi Doug, Thank you for your response. We were very happy to assist!

Perfect!! Love it

Such a fantastic sandwich maker!! Heats up extremely fast! Fits a range of filing it and very easy to clean purchased at Harvey Norman on special! If your looking for a Awesome Jaffle marker this is it and very compact in size for easy storage now I will be making regular dinner jaffles.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Designed too big! Depth is great! Width is a Fail!

Have just read the reviews below and agree, there is not a loaf of bread out there big enough! I get where sunbeam were going with the deep design but to make the width bigger also was a fail! The sandwich can't deal this not holding the 'extra' filling in! I believe the actual quality of the product is great but the design size is the let down! Can't see any bread brand option that actually lets this toaster do it's job properly.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Oops I made an error...the sandwich can't SEAL thus NOT holding the extra filling in!!!

Terrible!! 3 loaves tried bread doesn't fit!!

I can't believe Sunbeam released this with such a massive design flaw at a high end price. I tried this out and I'm instantly regretting this purchase TRIED THREE DIFFERENT BREAD LOAFS NONE OF THEM EVEN NEARLY FIT SO THEY DONT SEAL FILLING POURS OUT OF EDGES!! Can I get a refund after I've used it?!

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Diappointed

I was just given the Big Fill Toastie as a present. I am very disappointed, which is an understatement!
The bread does not brown or go crispy and I have left the sandwiches in the maker for nearly 10 minutes!
If I had bought this myself I would be returning it!
Will go back to using my old Kambrook.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Deep pockets, better than others

We are not fans of scissor jaffle makers because the filling usually end up squashed out and there is not enough in the middle of the finished product. Not so with this Sunbeam, as the pockets are the deepest we have seen and the finished jaffle has minimal edges and maximum filling. We even made apple pies in it, using pastry and filling, and these turned out as yummy as other results. The best jaffle maker we have had, and there have been a few over the years.

Best sandwich press

This is the best sandwich press I have owned. I like my sandwiches to have lots of filling and this one works perfectly. I use a baking paper while toasting my sandwiches to keep it clean. If required, I then brown my sandwiches in a pan. Seems like a lot of work but it keeps the sandwich press clean.

Not happy!

I HATE this Jaffle maker. I had an original Breville one, but when the cord started to fray after 30 years, I thought I better get a new one! Well good luck finding a loaf of bread with big enough slices to fit! Even with the biggest slices I could find they fall short, causing the edges not to seal properly, therefore you just get slop on toast!! Also the bread just doesn't toast up nice and crispy like my old one did, no matter how long it stays in there for. So, if anyone wants to buy one, contact me cos I have a near new one in the cupboard!

Best sandwich toaster ever!

Bought this a little over a week ago. I LOVE it! We have used it almost every day and with fantastic results.
Its quick heat up time is great for quick breakfast toasties and its large capacity is great so everyone can eat at a similar time instead of having to wait for each sandwich to be cooked.

I love the triple height closing clasp. Its great for those sandwiches with extra filling so then you don't have to squash it down and all the insides end up on the outside!! I was a little worried it wouldn't seal the sandwich on the highest click but I needed have been! It works perfectly. I will say though it doesn't perfectly 'cut' the sandwich in half unless its just plain cheese, but its pretty close, all it takes is a bit of pressure from a knife on a chopping board and you are through!

My favourite of the moment is egg, smoked beef and cheese!! Yes! Starting with raw egg!! It cooks perfectly inside your sandwich and even puffs up a little so your samo looks so decadent!

I will say that I have only been using thin sliced bread because that's all I buy but I am sure thicker sliced bread would work just fine too. I prefer less bread more filling!!

No issues whatsoever with anything sticking to it. They have all popped out perfectly and any bits of filling that do happen to get left behind wipe off easily.

Even though I have only had it a short time, I would thoroughly recommend purchasing this item. Its sturdy and well built and feels like its excellent quality! I think Sunbeam got it right this time!!

Enjoy!

I have this Sandwich Maker Big Fill Toastie, and I am greatly dissapointed in it, I have had several sandwich makers all have performed well, but whatever bread or fill I place in the sandwich maker, it always comes out soggie and sticks to the non stick plate, my sandwich maker of years ago performs far better, so annoying. Thanking you in advance to answer my queries, should I be doing anything wrong. Julie Lynn
Hi Julie Northern Beaches, Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. You can use grease proof or baking paper in addition, however it should not be necessary all the time. It will depend on each filling too as to how soggy the bread will get. If you have kept your receipt and it was purchased in the last 12 mths, please return it to the store.

How do you use it with raw egg please? Would love an egg and bacon toastie.
Yes! You can crack the egg in the centre of the bread and place next slice on top then close lid gently, OR if it slices across the centre, you can use smaller sized eggs and crack one on each side! Oh...and don't forget to put a slice of cheese under the egg!! : )Thank you for answering the question. Can't wait to try it.

My concern; is there a bread that fits this? I bought something before had trouble finding bread that fits. Which brand of bread do you all use?
Hi there. That is the reason why I can't use it any more... I can't find bread to fit it, and believe me I've tried every brand of large slice bread! It just wouldn't seal the edges. I ended up buying a far less expensive Tiffany sandwich maker brand that makes four at once and it is HEAPS better! I got mine on line at Billy Guyatts for about $30. You can also try Bourne Electrics. Hope this helps : )I used this machine at my mum's house yesterday. I made two batches and they all worked perfectly with no filling leaking out at all. I used Abbots bread so I suppose helgas would also fitWe used supermarket packaged bread. All work OK. We are in WA.

CategoryToasters