MPN: KE6400

Leaking water from base and dangerous after 2 weeks use.

Bought the Sunbeam KE6400 kettle 3 weeks ago from Myer. We noticed water leaking from the base nearly every time we boiled the kettle, a water trail of small puddles was left behind all over the kitchen bench top, the power base even had water puddles on it as well. Taking it back for a refund and buying a kettle that does not LEAK after 2 weeks! Sunbeam would be aware of the design fault, as this problem is regularly mentioned in the reviews over the last couple of years.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Dangerous

Not sure when we bought this kettle but we haven't had it leak yet. Instead, my wife burnt a strip of skin off her forearm last night as she reached for something on the bench. Although the stainless steel looks good, it gets as hot as the water inside it. With safety standards the way they are, that to me is a design flaw and think it would've been insulated. What if someone needs to pick it up with 2 hands? With 3 young boys in the house, we'll be binning this today and replacing it with a safer option.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Leaking from the base after 1 year.

Bought it about a year ago. Can't remember where from. Great while it worked. Noticed a pool of water on the base plate, thought it was just water from refilling the kettle. Nope, turns out it's now leaking from the base of the kettle, just under the on/off switch. Great.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Leaks

Leaked since almost new will never buy a sunbeam product again I don't need fifty words to tell u that sunbeam products are terrible do not support a company that makes junk tryed to bring it back walmart wouldn't do a thing because receipt was missing so I will advise anybody to not buy these kettles as they leak and could be dangerous

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Love the jug

I have had this item for a few years now and find it great. Love the fact it has the button to push to open lid for filling. My hands no longer able to open conventional lids. Only problem is no filter replacements. Filter now gone so replacing jug and buying same again. (Would love to see Sunbeam add the filter as an accessory)

Date PurchasedJan 2013

Lid Keeps Flipping Open At Random. Safety Hazzard!! Almost burned hands a few times now.

Was a nice kettle to begin with and looks good, but now the lid keeps flipping open at random and almost everytime the kettle boils too... I've nearly burned my hands a few times when pouring it and the lid pops open spilling boiling water everywhere! Someone actually recommended sunbeam a while ago to me, but since having this thing fail on me plus an electric frying pan i won't be buying anymore Sunbeam products. Pretty dangerous i don't know how these things pass safety standards.

Keep your hard earned coin and spend on another brand instead.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Leaks - Dont buy

Started leaking after three months, seems to be coming from the base and based on multiple reports it looks like a design fault around the base when its stamped together. Looks nice but as a general rule water and electricity are not a good combination. This product should be removed from the market.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Hi Dean, I do apologise for the experience you have had with the Sunbeam KE6400. Please give our Customer Care team a call on 1300 881 861 and one of our representatives will be more than happy to assist. Kindest Regards Sunbeam

Leaking after second use

My kettle is also leaking. After speaking to a colleague at work he also had this problem earlier this year. Cannot believe they are still allowed to sell this product after seeing all the other reviews on here. I have been trying unsuccessfully to contact customer service for 3 days now. Maybe they will respond to this as they seem to monitor this page.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Absolute rubbish!!

I had mine for quite a while. It left drops of water in the beginning and gradually got worse until I had to leave it on the bench (not it's base) as water went everywhere. Took it back and the shop assistant said water and electricity are not a good mix and refunded me. Bought Russell Hobbs instead and am very happy.

Dear Sue, Thank you for contacting us. We are sorry to hear of the experience you've had with your kettle. Kind Regards Sunbeam

Don't Buy It!

Ours bought six weeks ago leaked water all over the bench twice before we realised what was wrong. Returned to shop and got refund. Bought different brand. Should not be continued to be sold. Quite dangerous. Sunbeam used to produce good products no longer though so now after a couple of their products being faulty.

Dear nahdoo, Thank you for your feedback! Please contact our Consumer Support Team on: 1300 881 861. Kind Regards Sunbeam

Terrible product

Bought a sunbeam kettle which leaked from the bottom. Had no problem replacing it but the first time I used the new one, the same problem occurred, leaking from the bottom of kettle. Also, had difficulty closing the lid on several occasions. Won't be buying this product again. Thought it was a once off problem!!! Very frustrating to have to chase again!!!

Hi Not Happy Jan, I do apologise for the issues you encountered with one of our Sunbeam products. Your feedback is much appreciated and will be passed onto the product team. Sunbeam

2 months old before leaking water onto base

We bought a Sunbeam Aquella kettle late 2015. Within a couple of months it was leaking. Took it back to Myers in Adelaide and no issues to get a new one. Problem is, here we are, a couple of months later and this one is leaking. THIS IS A SAFETY HAZARD

Hi Terry, I do apologise for the issues you encountered with one of our Sunbeam products. Your feedback is much appreciated and will be passed onto the product team. Sunbeamwe have returned it to the store now and told they have had a lot returned for same reason

Sunbeam Model KE 6450 unsafe to use

Model KE 6450 unsafe to use after one year almost to the day, used only for normal household needs. Will not click off when boils so water goes everywhere , lid will not open and is cracked very disappointed as I have always purchased sunbeam products. will have to look at cheaper one now . Was a gift from my family to embarrassed to let them know as they were so excited when give to me

Purchased at: JB Hi-Fi

Dear Vera, Thank you for your feedback. Please contact our Consumer Support Team on: 1300 881 861, for further assistance with your KE6450. Kind Regards Sunbeam

So disappointed with the demise of quality

After buying a sunbeam jug from R.Edwards electrical Beaudesert, it started leaking so took it back and got another one swapped over but low and behold this new one around a year later is corroding down the back and leaking into the base. Also disappointed to get on your review site to tell you how it is but if you keep this up it's only a matter of time before you lose out completely. I'm an older Aussie and can see a decline in quality in all lines of products. They just don't last like they used to but they shouldn't leak (hate to have a short or unneeded charge). Unfortunately for me I am trusting and have misplaced my receipt because the first jug I had one and never got one when the unit was swapped and apparently you lose the warranty on the replacement. Anyway Didn't think I would need it again. That will not happen with my next replacement unit. I put in my 2 bits because I thought I was the only one, boy, I was surprised when I came on to see if anyone else had a problem. Sad they aren't cheap if you buy one every 6 months. Great for the business though. Sunbeam always had a great Australian name as I remember Dick Smith has gone so get busy and do something. Nev

Hi Nev B, I do apologise for the issues you encountered with one of our Sunbeam products. Your feedback is much appreciated and will be passed onto the product team. Sunbeam

Another leaky kettle..

Brought this kettle over a year ago and its leaking at the base into the switch. Really disappointed as the kettle was expensive (when compared to other brands) and therefore should have lasted a few years.

I have been buying Sunbeam small appliances as they have a good reputation and their products look good and have been recommending them to my family and friends but after this experience I am now reconsidering this.

Dear Abacus, Thank you for your e-mail. Please contact our Consumer Support Team on: 1300 881 861, for further assistance. Kind Regards SunbeamDear Sunbeam, Thank you for responding to my review. I emailed Sunbeam on 28th Jan. I look forward to a positive resolution.

Another leaky outcome

We like it's nice lines, the matt stainless steel and what seems a reasonable level of noise when operating. Unfortunately after just 13 months the base is very leaky and we need a replacement. We paid a small premium for that we thought was a supposedly reliable brand so the outcome is disappointing.

Hi Richard, Sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced with your kettle. As the item is only one month out of warranty, Sunbeam would be happy to assist you. Please contact us on 1300 881 861 and we can organise for your kettle to be tested and a replacement issued. Kind Regards, Sunbeam CS

Leaks after six months.

Ours has leaked, my parents has leaked, and looks like many others have too after six months.

Leaky Kettle

Bought one of these kettles using True Rewards on my Visa. Worked well for about 6 mths and then started leaking from the base. Rang Sunbeam who readily replaced it for me. Unfortunately the replacement kettle has also started leaking after about 6mths. I have rung them again and they were happy to either replace with another kettle or refund the reward points to my account. There were no arguements and they have agreed to refund my points. Very happy with this as now I can upgrade to a better model. Thanks Sunbeam NZ for your service.

below average

I bought the stainless steel model sunbeam electric hot water electric from Myers in wollongong / got it home I thought oh good finally got a compact and quality electric electric water kettle / at first it was alright as it was boiling water with hardly any noise plus it was boiling water quickly then next thing I knew it started getting stuck on boiling point then it started leaking water and then water started leaking into the switch which is very dangerous so I got rid of it / I would recommend against buying this sunbeam electric water heater as it's dangerous and has a chance to electrocution of someone plus it might trip the electrical safety switches

I don't understand how sunbeam slipped in quality so easy and quickly as the old sunbeam plastic kettle was great

Leaks at base - electrocution hazard.

Getting major leakage at the base on boiling. A major hazard for electrocution. Only had it 4 months and can't find the receipt.

Hi Lisa, Sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing with your product. Please call us on 1300 881 861 and are customer service team can further assist you. Kind Regards, Sunbeam CSThe product was returned to Big W Echuca back in April when the review was written and they gave a full refund. Subsequently we have purchased a different brand.