MPN: TA4520

Uneven toasting

I bought this toaster today when I returned another brand that did not toast evenly. Used Lawson's bread. Popped it on, turned knob to 3, waited til it popped up. Result was no better than the brand I returned, one side beautiful, other side almost still 'bread.' I don't seem to be able to find a reasonable long slot toaster that will toast evenly. So disappointed, I will go back to my cheap 'normal' toaster, and when I have Lawson's bread, continue to cut it in half and use the 2 slots to toast.

Purchased in August 2019 at Big W for $59.00.

Even Toasting No

Broke after a year and a half

This toaster broke after only a year and a half - it also tripped out my electricity when it died. When it was working, it worked well. It lightly toasted my bread on the 1st setting which was perfect. Its stylish and looks good on the counter. It also has a handy removable piece down the bottom to help get rid of the inevitable crumbs. My only concern is that it is not as durable as expected, especially considering that it only gets used about once a week.

Purchased in September 2017 for $47.00.

Even Toasting Yes
Hi Ashleigh J, Sorry to hear of your experience with your toaster. Please call us on 1300 881 861 and we can assist you further.

A decent toaster for everyday use

I have had this toaster for quite a while now, so I will complement it on it's high level of durability. It toasts the bread and does the job quite well. However, only downside is that the toast does not cook uniformly (especially if toasting high-top bread) as it requires constant flipping over since it browns only on one side. It also burns easily so ensure you put it on the first setting. But overall, decent toaster for daily use.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Long slot toaster-false advertising and poor customer service

I ordered a Sunbeam long slot 2 slice toaster because I bake my own bread & the slices are larger than store bought bread. The slots of our old, standard toaster are 17cm long & the slots on this 'long slot' toaster are only 14.5cm long. I am very disappointed in this product as it is not what I thought I was purchasing and does not live up to the advertising. I contacted Sunbeam about it and although they acknowledged receipt of my email, there was no follow up to discuss the problem. False advertising & poor customer service.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

did not even colour one side

I Looked at choice magazine , and their rating for sunbeam Quantum plus 4 slice toaster TA2340 even toasting one slice 65% tried , several times! burned the edges did not toast the bread, returned to Target . Then purchased sunbeam long slot 2 slice toaster TA4520 in Campbelltown Big W Choice rating one slice 65% did not even colour one side I thought surely a sunbeam $49 toaster can not be this bad, so returned it and got another from Mittagong Big W just as bad so returned that one , now have no faith in Sunbeam , I should add the $12 abode toaster lasted 5 years and toasted one slice perfectly, still waiting to hear back from sunbeam on their QA

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Pretty good toaster

We've mostly only had budget toasters in our house so this one was a cut above the others for the price. Have found it to be very consistent and produces a fairly uniform piece of toast. The slots are definitely wider and longer than most of the cheaper toasters but sometimes could be a little longer still. The finish is good and it's relatively easy to keep clean. Only paid $40 so have found it pretty good value for the money.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Thanks for the positive review Ronikins!

Rubbish one star is to many really but won't post unless I award

I bought this toaster from 2nds world and have had it for a few years, but it has now stopped working. It has a lock screw on it so i can't repair. Very disappointed. Older toasters seemed to last forever. I feel a victim of poor workmanship and service. Unfortunately I no longer have the receipt.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Hi Duke, so sorry you found the life span of this toaster to be relatively short....this particular one was designed without the facility to replace the elements due to the cost of possible repair.

Not long slot at all!!

Ordered this online as it said it was a 2 slice toaster "with long slots for a variety of bread types". How misleading is that. If you scan down on their own website specifications it says "slot size: standard". Now how's that for telling the customer the truth? We want our money back. Buyer beware.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hi Unhappy customer, sorry to hear this toaster did not meet your expectations. We have sent you a PM with a few options for you.

Good

I have had the two slice toaster for 10 months and I am happy with the result, good price and works fine. The first few times there was a bit of a funny smell, but nothing massive and it has happened me before when purchasing new toasters, so, not a drama.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Good

I have been using this sunbeam toaster for the past one month, it was good. But when im using for the first couple of times the toast smells like burnt wire. Then after 3 to 4 times of usage it went away. I wont recommend this product to anyone. Im planning to buy new one.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Generally worked well, but broke just after warranty ran out!

Generally worked efficiently and toasted the toast fine. 12 month warranty and toaster broke at 18 months old. Lever wan't stay down. Probably a fault with the timer sensor, but unable to be fixed. My family have always had Sunbeam toasters and they usually were built well and lasted. This one is flimsily made, died young, and repairer said it is not worth fixing. Stupid disposable economy. Will be changing brands!

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Burnt one side

Writing this 19 months out from purchase date. This relates to the two slice toaster. Whilst the performance was good initially, over time the variation of toasting on each slice has slowly increased from acceptable to the stage that toast is being burnt on one side whilst the other side of the same piece is untoasted. This is happening in both slots and regardless of the type of bread or thickness of it. Visual inspection reveals all the toasting elements appear to be working. I like the idea of having the lever to raise the slice up for inspection without the elements switching off, and the wide slots accommodate crumpets and thickly sliced bread. Perhaps the problem is rare (no pun intended), and unluckily has become intolerable outside the 12 months warrantee period. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Great at the price

The sunbeam Long Slot Toaster is good value for money at around $49 for a toaster that fits four slices. Many others in this category are much more expensive. Toast fits 4 slices comfortably, and toasts quickly Highly recommend. Stainless steel looks good. Lots of settings. Easy to use. Easy to clean.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Disappointing

After having read in Choice magazine that this toaster was rated as good I decided at $49.00 it would do the job - but I should have checked the online reviews also. The toaster, even on the darkest level (6) will not produce a well toasted slice of bread and also doesn't toast evenly on both sides.

At $49.00 we should expect a toaster, a basic toaster, to do the job. I may have been better going to K-Mart and getting one of their $10.00 jobs!

No more Sunbeam products for this household.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Works great and has a couple of features

The ability to check how much the bread has been toasted is worth noting. Also there’s a neat tray that can be cleaned. The silver outlook does not feel cheap. toasting function is standard. Somewhat long in length compared to standard ones. Happy with purchase. It was on sale at the Good Guys. No complaints.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Only toasts one side of the bread

I purchased this toaster because my old toaster (not a Sunbeam) only toasted one side of the bread and I had to remove the half toasted bread, turn it around and cook it again. Well sadly this new toaster does exactly the same thing. Is there a toaster out there that toasts both sides of the bread?

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Pretty average

I bought this to replace my useless Breville Lift and Look (don't buy Breville people). I was tossing up between this and the Kambrook but chose this one because its 1050w as opposed to the Kambrook's 800w. It had to be red which I got at Harvey Norman for a brilliant promo price. Excitedly, I began toasting, only to discover that it toasts on one side only. After experiments with the browning settings and the lever failed to deliver a decent piece of toast, I returned it for another to see if the toaster was the issue or if it was the model itself. The replacement toaster is better. It still doesn't toast evenly but at least the outer side has some colour to match the inner side, so I don't need to flip the toast as in the exchanged model. I don't like having to watch my toast like a hawk but after setting it on 2.5 then back to 2 I should get some nicely done toast. I like the lever function to see the "doneness" and the colour is gorgeous but why on earth are they calling it the long slot toaster? It only takes your Helga's/Abbott's/Wonder White. Its "the Average Slot" toaster! Poor form Sunbeam to advertise normal slots as long! I won't be exchanging this because it works, but unless its on sale, I don't recommend others buy it. Also, the newly exchanged toaster didn't look as new as the previous toaster. It has some marks on the inside and a permanently there fingerprint on one of the corners which my ocd self doesn't like. I don't know if this was a factory error when packing or if I was somehow given a returned toaster but it makes no sense as the box was intact...

Date PurchasedAug 2017

50 shades of brown

You never really know what you're going to get with this toaster. Tends to over-brown at any setting above 2, but doesn't really brown the slice evenly. I guess if you don't like the toasting on one side you can always turn it over and see what you get there - it'll be different because one side seems to toast darker than the other and this varies between the two slots as well. The toaster looks really nice, is solid and sturdy and has great features like the quick-check feature that lets you lift the toast out of the slot to check it without interrupting the toasting program (you will need to use this feature). It also has long and wide slots. However, it just doesn't toast very well so overall I'd have to rate it as a fail. Got it on sale at Myer which makes me think it was being specialled-out as it's not that great a toaster.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Well, it toasts

Having just said goodbye to our favourite toaster of all time, a Sharp 4-Slot, I spent an unacceptable part of my life looking at the toasters on this site and thought, "For goodness sake, we reached the moon on a pocket calculator in the sixties, what's so difficult about making a toaster?" We long ago gave up on toasters and decided to buy gadgets in the lower price range on the grounds they were no more likely to fail than those costing three figures; then get another one when they die. The Sharp is no longer made so I opted for the Sunbeam for the very reason Simon (elsewhere) thought it a good buy; it has a "lift and check" function that does not disturb the cycle . . . and that's it on the plus side. After one week, burnt black edges. AND a special feature just for you: an almost black end mount with tiny dark grey writing for the functions. They ain't the only manufacturer spawning this sort of design crap . . . looks good, useless in practice. I am convinced some twit who has never toasted bread in his life designed it on a computer screen and sat back thinking, "Wow, am I good or not?" The Sunbeam will doubtless see out the warranty period and then the pantomime starts over. At least with Net I can now cut down on the physical trailing around and head straight to Big W knowing in advance I will be getting a Three Star at best. PS: Mr Sharp - you got it right and stopped making it. Why?

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Four months to the day and, to announce the toast was ready, it went bang, along with the lights, TV, computer and microwave. Just a tripped fuse but alarming none the less. Heading back to Big W with the carcass

Perfect toaster

This toaster is perfect for our homemade, larger slice bread. It is sturdily made and easy to clean. It toasts evenly brown according to the setting. The Browning Control allows for plenty of variability, while the Quick Check feature is useful for monitoring the colour. The bread slots are 14.4 cm long. No manufacturer gives this information in the printed specs but talk about the width, ie regarding the thickness of the bread. Many toaster slots are only 13 cm long. We are delighted with this toaster and gladly recommend it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017