MPN: SNB-KE6451

Disappointing

Disappointed with this kettle. It was not 'quiet' by any means.
The lid also had a habit of getting stuck so you be forced pry it open to fill it.
And lid also ended up with a crack through it. For the price you pay for this kettle you'd expect it be a lot better.

Purchased in September 2018 for $79.00.

Noise Level
Hi Ewokk, So sorry to hear of this. We will be advising our product manager of this. Please return the KE6451 to the store of purchase along with your receipt. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Lid wont open, now useless. Replacement for kettle where handle had broken away from kettle.

This kettle has a button to flip open the lid. The button function stopped working after 6 months. I have to open it with my fingernail which is dangerous if the kettle is still hot from previous use.

Purchased in January 2019 at Sunbeam Australia.

Noise Level
Hi Jen W, Sorry this has happened, please return to store for a replacement.Thank you but I cannot return to the store as this was a replacement for a kettle whose handle had partly broken off.Hi Jen W, Please contact Sunbeam on 1300 881 861 for further assistance. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

This kettle sucks

This kettle sucks, it doesn't turn off when the water is boiling and will continue boiling and boiling so there's steam everywhere and the water bubbles up and goes all over the benchtop. It's pretty dangerous and seems like a lot of other people have this problem. We will be returning it.

It otherwise seems ok, it's quiet until it boils but then gets really noisy because it won't switch off.
It seems like Sunbeam should do a product recall. If you forget you've put the kettle on it could cause a fire if all the water boils off and the element just keeps heating.

I would not recommend anyone purchase this product.

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for $79.00.

Noise Level
Hi Liz, E, Sorry to hear of this issue with you KE6451. All feedback is passed on to our product team. Please do return this to the store of purchase. Kind regards Sunbeam.

Loudest Kettle

We purchased this kettle some time ago to replace a Kambrook kettle that was quiet noisy. Decided to spend a little extra money rather than buying cheap. Very disappointed to find the kettle is louder than the old one. We have an open plan living dining area and have to turn the volume up on the TV when the kettle is on. It is now stored in the back of the cupboard and the old Kambrook kettle is in its place.

Purchased in January 2018.

Hi Disappointed, Thank you for contacting Sunbeam and for the feedback. If you have your purchase receipt please call us on 1300 881 861 and we will assist further. Kind Regards, SunbeamI am very impressed with Sunbeam’s customer service. Thank you. I have other sunbeam appliances and have had no issues. I will continue to purchase the productsHi Disappointed, Thank you very much, we appreciate your reviews

Disappointing

I really want to like this kettle because it looks great, but it has 2 major design flaws. The first is that the water level indicator is under the handle of the jug which means that you can't see the indicator when filling the jug, making it totally impractical. I have to open the lid to see how much water I'm putting in. The second is the lid itself - the condensation or something seems to make it stick, and you usually have to press the lid button several times to get it to open.

Purchased in February 2019.

Hi sparkygirl, Thank you for your comments on the KE6451. Your feedback is very much appreciated and will be passed onto our product team . If you have obtained your purchase receipt, please return the kettle to the store of purchase. This lid should open easier than what you are experiencing.Will do - thank you for your quick response. :)

Ok but could be a lot better

Pro's:
Pours well no drips
Handle comfortable when pouring
Books 2 cups of water in 2 minutes
Cons:
It's a touch quieter than the Kambrook kettle it replaced, but to call it 'quiet' is a real stretch!
The 'look through' top gets condensation when the kettle boils, and you can't see inside.
The water level view window appears tinted, and it is very difficult to tell how much water there is in the kettle. Being located behind the handle just increases the difficulty (although you buy the kettle knowing it's location).
In Summary, it's not quiet (so just a marketing ploy) but the difficulty in knowing to what level you have filled the kettle really bugs me.

Purchased in March 2019 for $79.00.

Noise Level
Hi David S, Thank you for your feedback. I will be sure to pass this onto our design and technology teams.

Quiet to the Sunbeam management is not quiet at all...

$90 fro David Jones Hornsby on 9/12/18. Sold to me as a quiet kettle with special perforations built into the base of the unit to facilitate this function. It clearly doesn't work!
Would not recommenced this product if this is the feature you are after. The kettle works fine for boiling water. I feel ripped off.

Definitely not whisper quiet!

Bought this kettle on the basis of the claims on the box that it was guaranteed to be quiet. It is the noisiest kettle I have ever heard. If the box hadn't stated it was meant to be especially quiet I would have been less upset. I honestly don't understand how Sunbeam could have thought it was remotely quiet. If it wasn't for the noise it would be a good kettle. It does boil water fast.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hi Yvy, Sorry to hear that. The kettle has a silencer to reduce the noise factor. Maybe you should return this to store to check it out.

It quieter than any other kettle! I’ve owned! (it’s not silent)

Had quite a few kettles in the last 15 years, they all seem last a shorter time....
Had the Sunbeam Maestro for a couple of months - and I like it.
I listen to podcast news every morning and the noise of the kettle has been an issues for over 10 years!
This is the quietest kettle I have owned.
It’s not silent - but the mesh on the base does seem to reduce the boil noise.
It’s quick to boil, and does not beep.
Fully SS is good.
I’m happy!

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Thanks for the great review Kiwi.The lid on this kettle is now sticking shut...this is a problem, I will need to find the receipt and return it :-(

Noisiest kettle!

This is NOT a quiet kettle - louder than any we have owned. I was sadly swayed by the marketing. Not sure if it's faulty, but seems to be complete false advertising. We have a swimmer up at 4.30am most mornings, and he is now reluctant to turn on the kettle for fear of waking others up. Doesn't bode well for Brand trust Sunbeam.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing. Please contact our customer care team on 1300 881 861 for further assistance.

This is NOT a quiet kettle

We purchased this kettle on 6 July 2018 and it has never been quiet. So disappointing when we've been checking kettles because we particularly wanted a quiet kettle, and this is what we got. Why is it called a Quiet Shield when it isn't quiet? I wish I'd checked this website before I purchased it.
The other big problem is that the water level indicator is plastic and small, and so it's very hard to see how much water is in it.
Very disappointed!

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hi Marilyn and thanks for the feedback. Please call our customer care team on 1300 881 861 and we would be more than happy to assist.

Not Happy. Supposed to be a quiet boil. It is the noisiest kettle I have ever owned. I thought after

Supposed to be a quiet boil. It is the noisiest kettle I have ever owned. I thought after a few weeks it would settle down but it is getting worse - wakes every one in the house. It is also not a fast boil as advertised, pretty slow actually. I have never purchased a Sunbeam product and will not ever again

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi Hatchet, If the noise is getting worse the kettle may need to be replaced. Please return the kettle to store with your purchase receipt and they will be happy to replace for you.Can I get a refund to purchase another brand as I am not at all happy with this product? I have seen many other reviews with the same problem. This kettle is only 7 months old so should not be this bad.

Boils for excessive time and base goes brown within weeks

I bought one of these a couple of months ago within a few weeks interior base started to go brown and the kettle started taking ages to switch off despite boiling vigorously at times not switching off. Assumed faulty returned to store and got a replacement, same thing is happening again, taking it back today, not getting another one.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Noisy boil

The kettle boils quickly but it is so loud even despite the bubble minimiser. You can't hear anyone talking while it does its stuff. The noisiest kettle I've ever owned. Somewhat disappointed. This is the stainless steel version costing $85 so it is also the most expensive one I've had.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
I took it back to David Jones and they refunded me the cost. No argument. makes you think this was not the first one!

Intermittent problem

I bought a Sunbeam Maestro KG6450G which is the glass version of this kettle in January and also have an intermittent problem with it not switching off. Contrary to other reviewers, I found Sunbeam extremely prompt and helpful with their reply. Very happy with the product and will take it back to Harvey Norman for replacement as advised by Sunbeam.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

great value

We needed a new jug for our kitchen as the old one was cactus. As there are only 2 of us now with the kids moving out.
We found the sunbeam Maestro to be the perfect size for us both.Not only was it a great price & very stylish but we found it
whisper quiet.Which was perfect for when I get up early & don't want to disturb anyone asleep.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Noisiest Kettle I have ever owned and misleading product claim?

I purchased this kettle with the express purpose of using it in our caravan. We use the caravan regularly each month. I was attracted to purchase this brand and in particular this model by the "Quiet Shield" claim. Unfortunately, I have now found this claim to be completely -misleading and false. It is not quiet and Mr. Sunbeam, the kettle is not fit for the purpose for which I purchased it. Noisy?? The sound reverberates in the caravan, unbelievably so. I purchased the kettle from the Good Guys on 15.05.2017 and the purchase price was $68.00. I could have purchased a much cheaper kettle but again was prepared to spend a little extra encouraged by the words as noted on the User Guide - “Quiet Shield". Yesterday, I returned the kettle to the Good Guys store where I purchased it from and asked them to use it. This they did, and they acknowledged that it was noisy, however, personally, I was really amazed as just how far we could stand away from the boiling kettle and still hear it, as previously I had only heard it when in use in the caravan.

The staff commented that whilst they acknowledged that the kettle was noisy, however not perhaps as noisy as their own home $25.00 kettle. Never-the-less there was nothing that the store management could do! The kettle was functioning, it was working and would boil water, so they could do nothing about the problem. The staff did suggest that they could return the kettle to the manufacturer Sunbeam, however if and that is a BIG IF it transpired and was claimed by Sunbeam technicians, that there was nothing wrong with the kettle, then I would have to pay for the technician’s labour to do the tests. Not a satisfactory solution to my way of thinking. Not HAPPY Jan! So home I came and compared it with my home kitchen and older kettle a Breville Model No. BKE590 Kettle that emits barely any sound at all however, by comparison the Sunbeam Maestro Kettle sounds like an F111 in full flight I am now going to place a written complaint with Qld. State Gov. Consumers Affairs, as the kettle is not fit for the purpose that was intended i.e. boiling water quietly in our caravan! Regretfully, I do not have access to a sound meter that I could measure the decibels as emitted by the kettle when in use, as other reviewers have noted. Not sure that Sunbeam regularly monitors this site – pity, they might learn about not only my but other user’s dissatisfaction with this product.

January 13th 2018 Update: Why the difference? Te same model.kettle..but seemingly a totally different experience when in use!

Have just read the most recent comment by hig58 re his "whisper quiet" Sunbeam kettle, made just three days after my contribution,which is completely opposite to my experience. Disappointing that as Mr. Sunbeam obviously does not monitor this website, or if he does, he chooses to ignore the problem. means that I now am left with no other option other than to contact Qld. Consumers Affairs, as from my experience the manner and stated claim on the instruction & warranty is incorrect and misleading. Yes it does boil water, but whisper quiet, as was said in the movie, "The Castle" you've got to be joking"! My claim is that it is not fit for the purpose for which it was purchased - a quiet kettle to boil water in our caravan.,
so as "himself" does not disturb moi when making his early morning cuppa. Why the noise would almost awaken the dead! Now if I could just access the gadget to measure the decibels, as an earlier contributor made mention of. Now by some strange quirk, I now can only see two other reviews for this kettle. Strange, as I know for sure there were certainly a couple of other reviews that mentioned leakage problems and certainly one review that had the gadget to measure the decibels and included the results in the review. Where oh where are these other negative reviews for this product?
Is this website now edited and negative reviews removed? Not sure, will have to check on a couple of other reviews that I have made.
26.04.2017 - Update - Snap Crackle and Pop! Yes, that is the sound of a popular breakfast cereal. It is also the sound emitted several times from my Sunbeam Maestro Kettle just before it's demise. Yes here we are, in our caravan in a wonderful small country town and sad to say the kettle is kaput! Now given that this "noisy noisy: kettle has caused me so much grief (with the level of noise emitted when in use) I am now amazed that it has not even lasted 12 months of (usage being one week every month) and annoyed that as we will be on the road for some time, we had to drive 30 klm return trip to purchase a replacement. I will now contact Sunbeam direct to see what their response is to my situation. I will make another update in due course!

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Water leakage problem

I bought this kettle 4 months ago. It started with minor water leakage at the bottom. Now it became serious. There is a pool of water under the base and table in the morning. I guess when the kettle is cool down and water leaks from the gaps of kettle.

Willrex

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Its going back

Hi Sunbeam, think you do have a common problem. I'm heart broken... I loved this kettle, but now after 2 months, it won't turn off. Its going back, but what I would like to know is if your going to acknowledge that this is a common problem? Do I purchase another and take a punt...as it is definitely quieter than an other SS kettle I've heard.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
January 2017. No response from Sunbeen but the kettle decided to start turning off again after a few days

Noisiest kettle I've ever owned

Only just bought the kettle so can't comment on its durability but the claims of "Quiet Shield" are just ridiculous. I am also a little concerned that the powered base is quite small for the size of the kettle and it does tend to rock a little when boiling - time will tell if this is an issue.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

barely 12 months old wont switch on. this a sunbeam ke6451 electric kettle very noisy like a steam train rumbling down the house, any help?
Suggest you and other parties who have commented on this website about this product contact your state consumer affairs as surely this item does not pass the "pub test of fit for purpose"! Seemingly "Mr. Sunbeam" has no intention of addressing your issues nor mine nor those of the numerous other consumers who have contributors to the page on this website. Oh, and when purchasing other small electrical appliances consider boycotting this brand as they are obviousness aware of all the issues with this kettle, but choose to remain silent! Lets talk with our wallet err or credit card!thanks for the feed back i will do as suggested.Take it back from where you brought it.

hi I have a quiet boil and I am really upset. As much as I love this kettle as it is a lot quieter than any other kettle I have owned, I took my first one back to Myers not long after purchase as it would not turn off and just kept boiling. No problems as I had my receipt and a replacement was given. Things were great until today just a few months after , this kettle also wont turn off itself. I have been searching hi and low looking for the replacement receipt with no luck so far .Very upset .Has anyone else had this issue or am I just unlucky?
We haven't had that problem at all. The only thing that is happening now is that sometimes the lid doesn't want to pop up, maybe we are just not pressing the button hard enough. If the water level window was easier to see we wouldn't need to open the lid to fill, we could just fill through the spout without opening the lid.Hi Chrissy. I do apologise for the experience you have had with the Sunbeam KE6451. Please give our Customer Care team a call on 1300 881 861 and one of our representatives will be more than happy to assist. Kindest Regards SunbeamHi Chrissy, Two years later the faulty product hasn't been fixed. I purchased this kettle and absolutely loved it until a week ago when it just stopped turning off. My kettle is less than a year old (Unfortunately I can't find my receipt, so it's turned out to be a very expensive purchase)

Is it normal for steam to come out of switch at the end of boil cycle? immediately after the switch has turned off. Also there is an annoying audible click about two minutes after the switch has turned off. It is certainly not quiet.
Hi, Not experienced any of those issues you mention, we remain very impressed with our kettle. Maybe you have a faulty one ? I agree, it's not that quiet, but I don't think a really quiet kettle exists !

CategoryElectric Kettles