Sunbeam Maestro Quiet Shield KE6451

Sunbeam Maestro Quiet Shield KE6451

KE6451 (Stainless), KE6451DS (Matte Grey)

Totally Disappointed

Im so disappointed with this QUIET kettle. Basically there are three problems:
1. Its a very noisy kettle
2. You cannot see water level, measuring window is too dark and narrow. If you try to look inside from top lid it is usually foggy due to steam.
3. The claim on the product box is false and misleading that its a quiet kettle.
I got it for $99 from Good Guys. Its easily available online from $71.

Purchased in December 2020 at The Good Guys for $99.00.

Joan

JoanBlackmans Bay

This is one of the nosiest kettles we've had. Very disappointing. Otherwise works fine.

As above, kettle bought as we wanted quiet, this kettle is noisier than other normal ones we've had. In other ways it is fine. Just wanted to make others aware that it is far from quiet, and this is its main selling feature when advertised and on packaging.

Purchased in June 2020 at Myer Retail Stores for $99.00.

Anton

AntonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Quiet shield kettle is not quiet at all

I recently purchased the sunbeam quiet shield kettle from jb hi-fi, the only reason I bought this was because the box said it guarantees a quieter shield, the real experience has been quite the opposite. This is the loudest kettle I have ever owned. Do not purchase this!

Purchased in May 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $90.00.

Electric Kettles

Find out how Sunbeam Maestro Quiet Shield KE6451 compares to other Electric Kettles

Moamamike

MoamamikeMoama

Noisiest kettle ever

Purchased to replace Russell Hobbs kettle that had gone noisy. This Sunbeam is so noisy I cannot use it if anyone is asleep in the house. Kettle can be heard throughout the whole house.

Purchased in September 2020 at Betta Home Living for $99.00.

Noise Level
Edward

EdwardNew South Wales

Dissapointed with purchase of this kettle

We bought this kettle because we wanted a quiet kettle.
This kettle is only quiet when it is switched OFF . It doesn't do what is claimed on the box, "Quiet Shield" is a selling point that is false in my opinion.
It boils water as quick as any other
We finally found a kettle that is great and cheaper than this one. We bought a Breville BKE445 from Officeworks for $57.99. Compared it with the Sunbeam Maestro kettle and it was much quieter and the quality much better.
It pays to do your research before buying anything.
Buy the Breville

Purchased in August 2020 at Harvey Norman for $79.00.

Mum PSouthwest, VIC

Disappointing

The lid on my Maestro kettle has starting sticking. As per other reviews I have to prise it open. Annoyed to find that it is exactly one month out of warranty. Not good enough for a $77 kettle.

Purchased in November 2018 at The Good Guys for $77.00.

Customer CareSunbeam
Mum P

The kettle has now been exchanged. I was very impressed with your helpful customer service.

Ewokk

EwokkGisborne

Disappointing

Disappointed with this kettle. It was not 'quiet' by any means.
The lid also had a habit of getting stuck so you be forced pry it open to fill it.
And lid also ended up with a crack through it. For the price you pay for this kettle you'd expect it be a lot better.

Purchased in September 2018 for $79.00.

Hi Ewokk,
So sorry to hear of this. We will be advising our product manager of this. Please return the KE6451 to the store of purchase along with your receipt. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Jen WGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Lid wont open, now useless. Replacement for kettle where handle had broken away from kettle.

This kettle has a button to flip open the lid. The button function stopped working after 6 months. I have to open it with my fingernail which is dangerous if the kettle is still hot from previous use.

Purchased in January 2019 at Sunbeam Australia.

Hi Jen W,
Sorry this has happened, please return to store for a replacement.

Jen W

Thank you but I cannot return to the store as this was a replacement for a kettle whose handle had partly broken off.

Hi Jen W,
Please contact Sunbeam on 1300 881 861 for further assistance. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Liz E

Liz EGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This kettle sucks

This kettle sucks, it doesn't turn off when the water is boiling and will continue boiling and boiling so there's steam everywhere and the water bubbles up and goes all over the benchtop. It's pretty dangerous and seems like a lot of other people have this problem. We will be returning it.

It otherwise seems ok, it's quiet until it boils but then gets really noisy because it won't switch off.
It seems like Sunbeam should do a product recall. If you forget you've put the kettle on it could cause a fire if all the water boils off and the element just keeps heating.

I would not recommend anyone purchase this product.

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for $79.00.

Hi Liz, E,
Sorry to hear of this issue with you KE6451. All feedback is passed on to our product team. Please do return this to the store of purchase. Kind regards Sunbeam.

TonIllawarra, NSW

Loudest Kettle

We purchased this kettle some time ago to replace a Kambrook kettle that was quiet noisy. Decided to spend a little extra money rather than buying cheap. Very disappointed to find the kettle is louder than the old one. We have an open plan living dining area and have to turn the volume up on the TV when the kettle is on. It is now stored in the back of the cupboard and the old Kambrook kettle is in its place.

Purchased in January 2018.

Hi Disappointed,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam and for the feedback. If you have your purchase receipt please call us on 1300 881 861 and we will assist further.
Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Ton

I am very impressed with Sunbeam’s customer service. Thank you. I have other sunbeam appliances and have had no issues. I will continue to purchase the products

Hi Disappointed,
Thank you very much, we appreciate your reviews

sparkygirlAU

Disappointing

I really want to like this kettle because it looks great, but it has 2 major design flaws. The first is that the water level indicator is under the handle of the jug which means that you can't see the indicator when filling the jug, making it totally impractical. I have to open the lid to see how much water I'm putting in. The second is the lid itself - the condensation or something seems to make it stick, and you usually have to press the lid button several times to get it to open.

Purchased in February 2019.

sparkygirl

Will do - thank you for your quick response. :)

David S

David SSydney, NSW

Ok but could be a lot better

Pro's:
Pours well no drips
Handle comfortable when pouring
Books 2 cups of water in 2 minutes
Cons:
It's a touch quieter than the Kambrook kettle it replaced, but to call it 'quiet' is a real stretch!
The 'look through' top gets condensation when the kettle boils, and you can't see inside.
The water level view window appears tinted, and it is very difficult to tell how much water there is in the kettle. Being located behind the handle just increases the difficulty (although you buy the kettle knowing it's location).
In Summary, it's not quiet (so just a marketing ploy) but the difficulty in knowing to what level you have filled the kettle really bugs me.

Purchased in March 2019 for $79.00.

Hi David S,
Thank you for your feedback. I will be sure to pass this onto our design and technology teams.

spike0108

spike0108Sydney

Quiet to the Sunbeam management is not quiet at all...

$90 fro David Jones Hornsby on 9/12/18. Sold to me as a quiet kettle with special perforations built into the base of the unit to facilitate this function. It clearly doesn't work!
Would not recommenced this product if this is the feature you are after. The kettle works fine for boiling water. I feel ripped off.

Definitely not whisper quiet!

Bought this kettle on the basis of the claims on the box that it was guaranteed to be quiet. It is the noisiest kettle I have ever heard. If the box hadn't stated it was meant to be especially quiet I would have been less upset. I honestly don't understand how Sunbeam could have thought it was remotely quiet. If it wasn't for the noise it would be a good kettle. It does boil water fast.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018

Hi Yvy,
Sorry to hear that. The kettle has a silencer to reduce the noise factor. Maybe you should return this to store to check it out.

KiwiSydney, NSW

It quieter than any other kettle! I’ve owned! (it’s not silent)

Had quite a few kettles in the last 15 years, they all seem last a shorter time....
Had the Sunbeam Maestro for a couple of months - and I like it.
I listen to podcast news every morning and the noise of the kettle has been an issues for over 10 years!
This is the quietest kettle I have owned.
It’s not silent - but the mesh on the base does seem to reduce the boil noise.
It’s quick to boil, and does not beep.
Fully SS is good.
I’m happy!

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Kiwi.

Kiwi

The lid on this kettle is now sticking shut...this is a problem, I will need to find the receipt and return it :-(

Noisiest kettle!

This is NOT a quiet kettle - louder than any we have owned. I was sadly swayed by the marketing. Not sure if it's faulty, but seems to be complete false advertising. We have a swimmer up at 4.30am most mornings, and he is now reluctant to turn on the kettle for fear of waking others up. Doesn't bode well for Brand trust Sunbeam.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing. Please contact our customer care team on 1300 881 861 for further assistance.

Marilyn C

Marilyn CMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

This is NOT a quiet kettle

We purchased this kettle on 6 July 2018 and it has never been quiet. So disappointing when we've been checking kettles because we particularly wanted a quiet kettle, and this is what we got. Why is it called a Quiet Shield when it isn't quiet? I wish I'd checked this website before I purchased it.
The other big problem is that the water level indicator is plastic and small, and so it's very hard to see how much water is in it.
Very disappointed!

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Marilyn and thanks for the feedback. Please call our customer care team on 1300 881 861 and we would be more than happy to assist.

HatchetWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Not Happy. Supposed to be a quiet boil. It is the noisiest kettle I have ever owned. I thought after

Supposed to be a quiet boil. It is the noisiest kettle I have ever owned. I thought after a few weeks it would settle down but it is getting worse - wakes every one in the house. It is also not a fast boil as advertised, pretty slow actually. I have never purchased a Sunbeam product and will not ever again

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Hi Hatchet,
If the noise is getting worse the kettle may need to be replaced. Please return the kettle to store with your purchase receipt and they will be happy to replace for you.

Hatchet

Can I get a refund to purchase another brand as I am not at all happy with this product?
I have seen many other reviews with the same problem. This kettle is only 7 months old so should not be this bad.

FJa

FJaPerth, WA

Boils for excessive time and base goes brown within weeks

I bought one of these a couple of months ago within a few weeks interior base started to go brown and the kettle started taking ages to switch off despite boiling vigorously at times not switching off. Assumed faulty returned to store and got a replacement, same thing is happening again, taking it back today, not getting another one.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Noisy boil

The kettle boils quickly but it is so loud even despite the bubble minimiser. You can't hear anyone talking while it does its stuff. The noisiest kettle I've ever owned. Somewhat disappointed. This is the stainless steel version costing $85 so it is also the most expensive one I've had.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Marg N

I took it back to David Jones and they refunded me the cost. No argument. makes you think this was not the first one!

Carolyn Easked

Maestro Quiet Shield KE6451

My Sunbeam KE6451 is 12 months old. Can’t locate the receipt. Lid won’t stay down. What can I do please Sunbeam

Hi Carolyn E,
Please call us on 1300 881 861 so we can assist with this.

Carolyn E

I am in NZ and the team here are taking care of me and replacing my jug.
I’m very happy with the service
Carolyn

Hi Carolyn E,
Thank you for letting us know..

I. Maricichasked

Maestro Quiet Shield KE6451

barely 12 months old wont switch on. this a sunbeam ke6451 electric kettle very noisy like a steam train rumbling down the house, any help?

Mazzab
Mazzab

Suggest you and other parties who have commented on this website about this product contact your state consumer affairs as surely this item does not pass the "pub test of fit for purpose"! Seemingly "Mr. Sunbeam" has no intention of addressing your issues nor mine nor those of the numerous other consumers who have contributors to the page on this website. Oh, and when purchasing other small electrical appliances consider boycotting this brand as they are obviousness aware of all the issues with this kettle, but choose to remain silent! Lets talk with our wallet err or credit card!

I. Maricich

thanks for the feed back i will do as suggested.

hig58
hig58

Take it back from where you brought it.

chrissy1957

chrissy1957asked

hi
I have a quiet boil and I am really upset. As much as I love this kettle as it is a lot quieter than any other kettle I have owned, I took my first one back to Myers not long after purchase as it would not turn off and just kept boiling. No problems as I had my receipt and a replacement was given. Things were great until today just a few months after , this kettle also wont turn off itself. I have been searching hi and low looking for the replacement receipt with no luck so far .Very upset .Has anyone else had this issue or am I just unlucky?

Deb
Deb

We haven't had that problem at all. The only thing that is happening now is that sometimes the lid doesn't want to pop up, maybe we are just not pressing the button hard enough. If the water level window was easier to see we wouldn't need to open the lid to fill, we could just fill through the spout without opening the lid.

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi Chrissy.

I do apologise for the experience you have had with the Sunbeam KE6451. Please give our Customer Care team a call on 1300 881 861 and one of our representatives will be more than happy to assist.

Kindest Regards

Lee
Lee

Hi Chrissy,
Two years later the faulty product hasn't been fixed. I purchased this kettle and absolutely loved it until a week ago when it just stopped turning off. My kettle is less than a year old (Unfortunately I can't find my receipt, so it's turned out to be a very expensive purchase)

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

Compare both Sunbeam Maestro Quiet Shield KE6451
Construction MaterialStainless SteelStainless Steel
Colour / FinishStainless SteelMatte Grey
Weight1.61 kg1.61 kg
Power2,400 W2,400 W
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)
Compare both Sunbeam Maestro Quiet Shield KE6451