Sunbeam Mixmaster Hand JM6600

JM6600 (White), JM6600R (Red), JM6600Y (Yellow)

• Safety

H.Duong

H.DuongSydney, NSW

Rusted after just a few months

Got this hand mixer from my husband.
It is quite hard to remove the attachments. Should have a separate eject button.
As I have a stand mixer, I only use the balloon whisk to make my Dalgona coffee and sometimes whip cream. Made from stainless steel but it was rusted after few months used. Disappointed with the product.

Purchased in May 2020 at Myer Online Store for $49.95.

Dream K.

Dream K.Perth, WA

It rusts!!

The stainless attachment started to get rust even before 1 year! Now It’s health and safety issue and I can’t use it at all.
I contacted the customer service but they never got back to me.
It’s waste of money.
DO NOT buy this product!

Purchased in August 2019 at Myer for $50.00.

Lyn G

Lyn GSouth East Queensland, QLD

Major Design Faults (I expected better)

There are 2 design faults with this hand mixer. One is that the beater eject button is also the off/on/speed switch, so it took me a while to learn to switch off at the wall before ejecting the beaters as a few times I accidentally sprayed mixture everywhere. The other fault is that the handle is covered in some type of plastic that disintegrates over time and now has grey bits coming off into the mixture. It is only a few years old and always been stored in a cool kitchen. The motor still works fine but it is not really suitable to use. I'm disappointed, as Sunbeam is usually a good brand which lasts longer than this.

Handheld Food Mixers

Find out how Sunbeam Mixmaster Hand JM6600 compares to other Handheld Food Mixers

Angus

AngusSouth East Queensland, QLD

Lasted maybe 5 uses over 14 months, then died...

Bought this at The Good Guys in May 2019. Used it maybe 5 times over the next 14 months and then it just stopped working. Don't waste your money / time, buy a better model. I didn't buy an extended warranty (rarely do) so I was out of luck.

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for $49.00.

HelenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

False Advertising

This is advertised as a powerful 350W motor when in fact the one I received is only 235W.
As I purchased the red one a few years ago myself and was completely happy with it, I decided to redeem my Flybuys points to get this one for my daughter. So I was completely taken back to discover the blatant false advertising of this product. See picture for proof, very clearly states the model JM6600 and 235W, yet is advertised on Sunbeam's website (and Flybuys rewards) as 350W. Even the enclosed manual that came with the mixer states 235W. How many others have been fooled?

Purchased in June 2020.

Yon

YonSydney, NSW

Keep stopping once heat up a little

Everytime I use it for making frosting it just stopped after a few time. I have to wait until it cool down then it start working. It's not even hot. Very terrible and annoying.

Hayley5077

Hayley5077

Terrible. Broke within a month

I used this 3 times, on the third time when mixing cake batter the beater broke. The egg beater part just fell apart, with one of the sides to the beater coming off.

This was the first sunbeam product I brought in several years after having a terrible time dealing with them on another product. I won’t be purchasing from them again.

Purchased in April 2020 at Bing Lee Online store for $49.00.

Paula

Paula

This was a dud...

I bought this mixer, paid full price. I have had it for a week and it won't start. I have complained to Sunbeam who just want to send marketing material. I don't want a 'replacement'; I don't trust that it will work given the comments I have read.

Purchased in June 2020 for $69.95.

Alicia

AliciaSouth East Queensland, QLD

One time wonder

The first time I used it I loved it I turned it off to add something when I went to start it again it wouldn’t start at all. Not happy as I thought I had found a great product.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for $35.00.

Hello Alicia,
So sorry to hear about your mixing problem, it sounds like this is a faulty unit. If you can return it t your retailer and replace for another mixing I'm sure you'll be happy with the replacement.

Lynne Cordery

Lynne CorderySouth East Queensland, QLD

Failed after a few uses.

Thought I had found a great mixer - used it a few times and then it failed. Would only work for a few seconds with the booster button only. Very disappointed.

Purchased for $39.99.

Hi Lynne Cordery
So sorry to hear this. If you have purchased this within the last 12 months and you have kept your receipt please return it to the store of purchase for a replacement or refund. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

cin

cinBrisbane

Great little hand mixer

Have this hand mixer for 4 years. Hasn’t missed a beat. Easy to use and handy size. Love the retro look. Comes with 3 sets of tools beating, whipping and hook sort of looking. The only negative thing is the cord would like it to be a bit longer.

Purchased at Myer for $39.00.

Hi cin,
Thanks for the great review! Noted on the cord length.
Kind Regards Sunbeam

RonnyCraven

RonnyCravenSydney Surrounds, NSW

Only SoSo; and NOT for the arthritic

When my previous model died I opted for this because it seemed to be a like-for-like follow on. Not so. It's clumsy, difficult to store, not that fast and worst of all (for me) the release for the blades is ludicrous. Instead of my previous single easy button, this team of design idiots decided to incorporate the release with the speed switch. Note: Unplug it first! The swith is slightly pointed so for my arthritic hand, or indeed anyone with moist "baking" hands, it is a nought out ten development. I mean, really, don't the designers actually use these things when they arrive from China?

Purchased in July 2018 for $50.00.

Hi RonnyCraven,
Thank you for your feedback and we apologise for the experience you have had with your JM6600. I will be passing this onto our product team.
If you have retained your purchase receipt please return it to the store of purchase.

Absolutely hopeless... do not purchase.

Cord is ridiculously short. I used it about 6 times within a year of purchase and it died completely. It will not even turn on. It was just out of warranty and Sunbeam will not offer a replacement or anything at all. It was expensive compared to other brands... and very disappointing in quality. Will never purchase another Sunbeam product again.

Purchased in December 2017 at Harvey Norman for $54.95.

Hi Michelle,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam and sorry to hear of your experience with the JM6600. I will be sure to pass your feedback to our product team.

Bob H

Bob H

Only for very light use

Bought this to whip eggs for a pavlova, which it did OK (about 10 minutes to soft peak stage). Then tried 'dough hooks' to blend flour with liquid bread ingredients - big mistake. Dough flew everywhere including up the shafts into the innards of the mixer. Tried matchsticks and cotton buds to clean dough out of interior, but every time we put the beaters into the mixer, they come out coated with a thick layer of dough. We agree with the other posters who described this as ill-designed and grossly overpriced. Oh for the days when you could buy an American or Japanese mixer for $15 that worked perfectly for the next 20 years! We will be returning this to the store, no idea what to replace it with.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
LEMMY

LEMMY

What happened to Sunbeam?

My Philips hand mixer died after 25 years, so I purchased this. Firstly the cord is way too short. This is hopeless if you don't have a power point in a convenient place. I also like to run my dirty mixer in the sink to clean it. Secondly, I had real trouble ejecting the beaters - can you only eject them when it is unplugged? Anyway I returned it and am still on the hunt for a decent one.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

TJ44

TJ44SYDNEY, NSW

Broke after 1st use - design flaw

Unfortunately, was at first, disappointed with really short cord, noisy on low speeds and not quite as powerful as expected. But after the 1st ejection of the beaters, it stopped working (the start/speed button not working) : the Eject button is the same button as the Start/change speeds button! You are just supposed to push it down - so it is bound to cause problems, which exactly what happened. All the previous mixers had eject button separately, as a given... So taking it back, and will be looking for a different replacement.

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Sorry to hear of the problems you have experienced. If you still have the beater, please contact our customer care team who would be more than happy to assist you - 1300 881 861.

KeiraPerth

Terrible..

First time use Motor stopped working due to over heating.. when we used second time, Motor stoped working with in 1 min and we have to wait for at least 15 min to get it to operate.. also, I noticed that it's mixer blade got rusted.. I don't recommend this to anyone..

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Keira - apologies for the issues you have experienced with your Sunbeam mixer. Please contact our customer care team on 1300 881 861 and we would be more than happy to assist.

Keira

Hi, Thank you for your response. I have returned this product to carousel Myer.

RobynS

RobynSNSW, 2582

Much quieter than other hand beaters I've used

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review RobynS!! Keep up the great baking!!

Donna

DonnaNorth-East, TAS

Flimsy Beaters

First set of beaters broke inside warranty so they were replaced, after waiting 3 months! Next set broke just outside warranty. The beaters are extremely flimsy and not up to even the simplest of jobs. As stated by others the cord is way too short. Would never buy this model again.

Date PurchasedNov 2015
PRO

PROperth

Like it so far

I bake occasionally so for me the motor performance has been good. Power cord is not very long. Good enough to make whipped cream and simple cake recipes. Haven't tried it with dough recipes. Like the fact that it's simple, easy to clean and store away (for those who have small storage space).

Date PurchasedSept 2017