Sunbeam Mode

SB4400, SB4100, SB4300

6 questions from our users

Peter E.asked

Mode

We have a Sunbeam Ironing board that has broken at the welded lugs on one of the legs - at the board end. I think its about 2-3years old, maybe 4.
It has wheels at one end, the rubberised pull out rack for the iron to sit, and clothes hangers to be placed.
Is this a warranty issue? Can a new set of legs be replaced without replacing the whole unit?
Thanks,
Peter.

EssDee54
EssDee54

I took it back to the Good Guys even though it was out of warranty. The ACCC specifically states with regard to warranties that products should be fit for purpose and that it would be expected that, as in this case, an ironing board would not fail in the manner yours and mine has,

I refer you to the following link, which is teh ACCC document I relied on to get a replacement ironing board:

Essentially, it says that a consumer should reasonably expect an item to perform for its intended purpose and should, as in the case of an orning board, not have welds fail for explicable reasons. Clearly, they failed because of faulty manufacturing processes.

Thank you EssDee54.
Much appreciated. ;-)

sandi

sandiasked

Mode

I would like to buy a new Sunbeam ironing board but I have two requirements - I would like wheels, and the over length of the board & legs, must fit into a 150cm cupboard. What do you recommend please?

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Sandi. Unfortunately none of our ironing boards would fit in a 150cm cupboard. Our smallest ironing board is 152cm in height when folded. The only option would be the SB1300 but this is a table top ironing board.

NOEL

NOELasked

Mode SB4400

Have just purchased this board.I noticed there is rubber on the section where the iron stands. Wouldn't it burn and stick to the hot iron, or am I supposed to remove the rubber pieces?

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Noel, you will find this totally fine, the pieces are meant to be there and you won't have any trouble using the board...

Dimitra

Dimitraasked

Hi,

I have a steam station and would like to know if the slide out ironing rest can take the weight and size of steam stations?

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Dimitra and thanks for your question. We wouldn't recommend that you use your steam station on the ironing rest of this model as it is quite heavy. If you look at the SB8400 instead, this has a metal rack attached to the legs underneath the board. This would be sufficient to hold the steam station.

Bruce

Bruceasked

Mode

Does the unit have a cord minder?
Bruce

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Bruce, Unfortunately this ironing board doesn't come with a cord minder.

Becky McGowan

Becky McGowanasked

Mode

What is the weight of the sunbeam mode ironic by board?

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi Becky,

The weight of the Sunbeam Mode Ironing Board SB4400 is 9.3kgs.

Kindest Regards
Sunbeam

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives