Sunbeam StickMaster Platinum SM9000

MPN: 5191

2.8

SriAdelaide

Good product

Great features such as large capacity jug and chopper capacity and the soft start prevents making a mess in the kitchen.The product is very well engineered and easy to use in the hand.
Love making dumplings sauce with this mixture- makes works so easier.

Purchased in February 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$99.00.

Jason H.

Jason H.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Hard to use, average design and build.

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for A$98.00.

Marie Sheldrake

Marie Sheldrake

Sunbeam you have lost me as a customer

I purchase my first stickmaster about 4 years ago when that stopped working just after the warrenty expired, because I was a big fan of Sunbeam products I purchased another. Now that must have had the same fault as the first because that has now stopped working and is still under warranty. This time I am not even going to bother with the hassele of getting it repaired. I'm just going to get a Barmix, I figgered all the money I am spending on Sunbeam I might just as well put it towards a expesive and more reliable make. Goodby Sunbeam.

Purchased at The Good Guys for A$100.00.

Customer CareSunbeam

Hello Marie Sheldrake,
We are really sorry to hear about the inconveniences these two units have caused you and hope you enjoy your new stick mixer.

Stick Blenders / Mixers

Find out how Sunbeam StickMaster Platinum SM9000 compares to other Stick Blenders / Mixers

FionaW

FionaWSydney, NSW

Disappointing overall

Originally I had purchased a Braun hand mixer from the Good Guys. Due to a product fault with the Braun, and having no available stock I was offered the Sunbeam as a replacement.
In comparison, the Sunbeam lacks power, takes too long to reach its highest speed due to the slow start feature and the handblender blade traps food making it difficult to hand clean.
The handblender does have a good twist Acton attachment, with better quality componentry in the shaft, but it only comes with a 12 month warranty.
Over all, a dissapointing, lack lustre product.

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for A$99.00.

IansFar North Queensland, QLD

Stick not spinning. Plastic bits in sauce

The silver stick blender attachment seems to be very stiff and not spinning like it should. I just made some sauce with it and ended up with lots of little bits of black plastic in it. The unit was a present so I don’t know where to go to get it fixed.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Ians. It sounds like the seal near the blade has deteriorated. This generally happens when blending hot liquids which we recommend to avoid. please call us on 1300 881 861 for further assistance.

Nancye TurnerWallangarra

A very happy customer

Love this product-does exactly what I want it to do.Have used all attachments especially love the chopper. Saw this product at a cooking demo and was impressed so I bought it. Thanks Sunbeam --I am a happy consumer.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great feedback Nancye!

Nancye Turner

Thank you Sunbeam. I no longer have to chop vegetables by hand. Doing a demo on it to a friend today. She may buy one too-- if I say it's a great product then that's good enough for her.

PJB

PJBQueensland, 4551

excellent finish on the outside, but its whats on the inside that counts!

I bought this blender SM9000 to smooth our pumpkin soup and make the odd dip. I would have only used it a dozen times in 3 years and it has gone "pop". I have not even used the other attachments. Very disappointed. I will read reviews now for any future purchases.

Date PurchasedMar 2015
meg43

meg43Melbourne

Died the 2nd time I used it

I don't use stick mixers often, I purchased the sm9000 last August. 2017. I used it once last November and then I used it this week. This is only the 2nd time I have used it. It started okay, then after a couple of seconds it went POP. It gave me a shock, not a physical shock but a fright. Luckily I still have the receipt so I will return it. I am very reluctant to get the same model as a replacement as I don't want to find out months down the track the same thing happens to the replacement

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Hi meg43,
Really sorry this has happened, normally a fave product around the kitchen. Glad you have the receipt and please return to store.

Stiff shaft

The spindle shafts for the blender feels stiff, but I can't find a way to open it up to see if something is wrong or it needs lubrication.
The motor labour's when it is used, so I don't want to burn out the motor, or strip the spindle engagement.
What are my options?

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Tigg

TiggGold Coast

First impresssions - Update

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Seda

SedaSydney, NSW

Great product - does the job well

I have been using the Sunbeam StickMaster for close to 2 years now. I have not had any issues with it, does a great job. I use it for all kinds of things from crushing ice, to herbs and nuts, making soups and pancake mix. I like turbo option for a quick crush. Great value for money.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
falegal

falegal

Worst product ever!

I have had 2 in 3 months. First one just died after just using it once. The led worked but not motor. Second one just died now. Again but motor literally burnt out after trying to crush ice for smoothies. My last stick master lasted for years !?! Worst product I have ever purchased. After the slick blade and packaging this is just rubbish! I really want to rate it a 0! Shame on you Sunbeam.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
VMcclay

VMcclayGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Gone through 2 in 18 months

The first one died after about 4 uses. The second died after 14 months.. I would expect a more expensive product to last longer. Don't waste your money! The tilt shut off is really anoying and doesn't blend that well either ..

Date PurchasedMar 2016
lizzy

lizzyBallarat

Versatile!

Absolutely versatile machine; comes with blender attachment and a handy whisk plus with a turbo boost, which is certainly handy if you want the extra speed. Quiet operation and very easy to use.

owen

owenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

good product that does the job

Purchased this model to replace an existing stick mixer that had broken, so far has done what has been asked of it. Has plenty of grunt (700w motor), and blades are extremely sharp, as I cut myself while cleaning it recently without much effort. The one feature I quite like is the stainless steel outer for the shaft, unlike our previous one which was plastic and and the end broke which risked getting plastic into the food. That said it does have a plastic lining behind the blade, but that is unlikely to chip due to its location. All up not a bad stick mixer.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Mez

MezAU

Love it

After having a cheapo for several years that did not really do a good job, I decided to buy a better quality one. I bought this model but it was a Plus model so had the chopper, whisk and beaker with it. Could not believe how quick I got my soup mixed (about 8 seconds in the beaker) and then I needed to grate an onion (about 3 seconds in the chopper). Love the firmness of the handle and the 700W power. Love the turbo button.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Alan M

Alan MMelbourne

OK, but not as good as expected

Good variable speed with slow start most of the time. Turbo mode has no slow start, so a bit of a shock.
The whisk is a bit ordinary and not much better than a manual whisk.
Quite heavy, but feels sturdy and does the business. Reasonably quiet compared to cheaper models.
Tall, so can do large amounts of soup or whatever you want to blend..

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Mary

MaryLeura

Dissapointed with Ease of use of Stick Mixer

Brendan K.Sunbeam
neo

neo

Tilt Protection Poorly Executed

Would not reliably start as superfluous tilt switch was erratic & sometimes prevented unit from starting even when upright. Another crazy safety protection idea to protect stupid people from themselves, but has ruined the usability of the item. Took it back for refund as poor design will mean long term unreliability.

AFK

AFKPeel, WA

Great item turns off if you tilt it about 30 degrees

Ironidally this machine is actually very good, runs sweet, has variable spped dial and comes with good accessories, has plenty of power, but.................it has this anti tilt switch that when you tilt the machine whilst running it turns it off as a safety device. I think i read that when it gets to 90 degrees it turns off - well our turns off at about 30 degrees tilt and can take quite some effort to get off tilt and run again......great idea but not well executed. Dont buy this machine - there are better options.

tolara

tolaraasked

Bought this yesterday. My question: Should the dots on housing of wand and motor line up perfectly? Mine do not. Can't twist any tighter. Hasnt 'clicked', but no visible gap between the two sections. Dots are not even mentioned in manual. So many complaints that this product doesnt last. Perhaps dots are important!

Sri

Its slightly does not line up. It has to twist and make click sound to know its connected

Sue H

Sue Hasked

This SM9000 StickMaster is the 2nd one that I've replaced in as many years. The wand and handle won't separate. I don't want to replace the whole package (whisk, blades, jug etc.), just the wand and motor handle. I can only see Sunbeam SM7200 stand alone sticks. Are these compatible with the SM9000?

Allessandra

Allessandraasked

I live in Adelaide S.A. My Platinum Sunbeam Stickmaster just died. It's only 3 years old. Does anyone know where I can get it repaired. I don't have the receipt any longer.

Ians

You may be able to find a service center from their website. https://www.sunbeam.com.au/en/Service-Agent-Locator. I’m actually surprised that it looks like there’s only one genuine service centre there called Coffee complex

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives