Sunbeam StickMaster Plus

Sunbeam StickMaster Plus

SM7400 and SM6400

Motor dies every 6mths. Cannot recommend

Purchased in August 17, motor sparked and died in April 18. Retailer replaced for me with a new machine and the motor has sparked and died in Jan 19. When I returned it I was told this machine is not made for daily use. I use it to blend milkshakes almost daily and also for soups etc. loved it while it was working but will never buy again and cannot recommend.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hi Abigail, Thank you for your review and apologies for the issues you have experienced with your SM7400. Sunbeam does recommend the Stickmaster for daily use as long as you are not blending/chopping for more than a minute at a time. The motor isn't as strong as a food processor. So ideally you should give it a rest after a minute or so. Please give us a call on 1300 881 861 for more information should you require it.

Sunbeam Keeps on Keeping On

We have had this Sunbeam Stick Blender for years, and use it every day. It hasn't missed a beat (pardon the pun), like all Sunbeam products we own. Good price good product.

Date PurchasedJun 2011
Thanks for the positive feedback Bozo!

Ok??

I bought this stick blender after reading reviews, and other ‘better’ ones were way to expensive. I’m not completely sure about this one yet, I do like the chopping attachment and the blender itself seems sturdy but I’ve found heaps of food gets stuck in the chopping arm head (where the blades are), so much wastage. Whipping cream I’ve found takes FOREVER and it’s still loose. I don’t know if it’s me or a faulty model, but the unit turns on for like 2 seconds and switches off, so frustrating. And that’s holding it upright!

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hi Caz M, the unit shouldn't be switching off so it may have a fault. I would like you to return to the store of purchase with your receipt or you can give us a call on 1300 881 861 and we would be happy to assist you.

Does the job

I bought the mainly to use with making soups and crushing frozen fruit. It does the job well, better than a cheaper $30 stick I bought a while back. Have not really used the whisk attachment yet.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

great product

A much loved kitchen gadget. after 6 years the motor has sadly given up. I'd like a new motor as all my other parts are in good condition since I have mostly used the stick and the food processor parts. I'd like to know if the latest model motor sm7400 will fit the sm6400 attachments? Then I will just buy the later version without all the accessories.

Date PurchasedJan 2011

poor quallity motor

used it for 2 and a half years, then the motor just stopped. looked it up online and i can see I'm not the only one. Will never never never ever use SUNBEAM again. Hand many problems with the attachable blender always had to tighten the screws, it clogs up and you have to use oil just to get the blender attached. Don't buy Sunbeam.

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Really easy clean up

Whether I'm grinding coffee beans, pureeing a soup, making dips & spreads or whipping cream, this Sunbeam Stickmaster Plus is an awesome small appliance. The turbo speed is a bonus! I love it and use it often.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Powerful motor

Easy to use, blends well, can suck itself onto the bottom of the pot - easy to overcome by tilting back on itself. Copes well with thick soups. Cleans easily. Accessories are convenient though not necessary. Step up from entry level models

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Love it

Love my stickmaster plus. I really like its convenience and ease of storage (eg. after preparing hommus, just add the lid and store the prepared dip in the container). Easy to operate.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

A perfect handy stick for kitchen.

This stickmaster plus is so good in terms of various speed, operation, stuff, washing, mixing that it has reduced a lot work which I was used to manually or I was avoiding because of not having, but after I got this, I made interesting recepies and using in daily cooking easily.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Value for money

Used this Stickmaster for past sometime will highly recommend as entry level and no issue product. Performance is good and product is steady. Light weight helps to use in range of setting.
Used stickmaster from other brands and found that the plastic melt down in case of over usage, while Sunbeam stickmaster stands distinctively.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Cheap

Its the cheap yet usefull good branded stick blender availabe in the market. Dont know why some are close to $100 when this is availability under 30 yet same functions. Easy to operate, nice colour combinations. Only frequently used accessories included. The wire should be a bit longer than what it is now.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Still working

I use this product mainly for the mini processor attachment and to date have not used the hand stick blender.. It does not fail and it saves me using a bigger blender and all that cleaning up for much smaller tasks. I use a cheap brand stick mixer for soup or hot liquid whisking as I dont care if it fries and I send it to the appliance gods. The deeper this thing is immersed in hot liquid the quicker it will conduct up the shaft. The trick is with these blenders is to watch the time your using it. They cannot dissapate heat very well and can overheat with constant use. So if your one of those who blends ways for minutes then this will likely do just that. Giving them a spell in between helps too.
I have used the beater and thats works great but I cant really find a constant use for it. Your also better of blending liquids after it has cooled down. I dont expect the bearing/bushes would stand up to boiling water all the time. Im happy with it.

Date PurchasedJan 2010
Just an update folks. the newer models come with soft start motor operation where they start from low to high speed electronically. The good news is that all the attachments that make it work well still come with it.

Awesome Product

Have been using this mixer to make my smoothies in the morning and have not had an issue yet.
It crushes ice with ease and has been great at blending all products. I also love the ease of the interchangeable accessories, which have all been put to good use. Also easy to clean.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Works like a dream

Bought a while ago and is still working fantastic. My first sticker blender and I don't think I could ever go back to a normal blender. It is easy to store, easy to clean and works quickly which is everything an original blender isn't. Mine though does seem to une cessation loud.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Happy happy happy

This Sunbeam Stickmaster Plus was purchased to replace another very ordinary, poor performing product (of a different brand and reviewed elsewhere) and I couldn't be happier. Strong stable components, consistent blitzing & chopping and easy to clean. It gets plenty of use. I am very pleased and will "stick" with Sunbeam in the future.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Worked well for a while...

Was disappointed this became such a throw-away item. It worked really well for four and a half years, but when trying to blitz up some breadcrumbs from bread that was probably still too frozen, the motor appears to have burnt out. Phoned Sunbeam and they confirmed the warranty is just 1 year, and they don't sell/supply just the handle (motor) part. Very sad to have to ditch the thing and all the parts into landfill, when it's all still working so well apart from the motor!

Date PurchasedApr 2012
Hi Rudolph, I do apologise for the issues you encountered with one of our Sunbeam products. Your feedback regarding the spare parts for this unit is much appreciated and will be passed onto the service team. Kindest Regards Sunbeam

Motor died between 3-8 months

I also used 2 of those sticks. First time, after 8 months, the motor just stop and not running at all. Exchange for the second one, the motor stop again after 3 months. So I decided not to continue using this model. Not sure if I can trust the Sunbeam brand after trying this model.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Great results and value

I'm really surprised at some of the other revies maybe the bad reviews were an older model??? I've never had a problem with my sunbeam products or customer service. I've used the whisk, the chopping bowl and the stick to purée. It's really easy to change to different components. Better than other ones in the same price range and it comes with all the expected useful components that some don't have.

Hi Leah, Thank you for your great feedback on the Sunbeam SM7400! If you require any further advise or information on the unit, please don't hesitate to give our Customer Care Team a call on 1300 881 861 and one of our representatives will be more than happy to assist. Kind Regards Sunbeam

Solid well detailed stick blender.

I am new to Sunbeam and this blender was bought mostly due it's reasonable price. I have grown to this machine for its no nonsense work ethic. Design wise the machine is well thought out and the materials have a solid feel. The accessories are equally sorted. I would recommend this blender to anyone.

Hi there this has started to make a terrible screeching noise when I use it and the noise starts pretty much straight away. Nothing appears to be stuck in it or anything. Is there anything I can do?
I'm sorry but I have never had this problem Our Stickmaster I still going OK. Good luck.Hi Emma, Thank you for your query. This is not a usual sound or operation of a Stick Master. If purchased with in the last 12 months and you have your receipt, please return it to the store. you purchased it from.It's older than 12 months... I was wondering if you had any further advice :)

How do you take the lid of the mixer when I first put the lid on my mixer it would not come if I have not even used it yet my model is a sm9600z I’m trying the way it says but it’s not working I’m not sure what to do, any help?
Eliza, I don't have the sm9600z model, but looked it up on the internet. Funny you should ask about the mixing bowl lid, if that is what you mean, because we had a similar issue on our older model. The problem is that is must be placed on top with the 3 lugs lining up and then twisted closed. You can force it on without the three lugs aligned but then it gets stuck you can't turn it. If this is the problem I suggest gently wiggle it off and look for the locating lugs next time you try. BozoHi Eliza, thanks for the review, the lugs have to be aligned as a safety factor, they are a little tight at first but overtime they become easier to align.

Unfortunately my stickmixer motor has died. Not sure of the model but is around 5 years old. If I purchase a new model will my old accessories (which are still in great condition) fit with the new stickmixer?
Hi Naomi. The model number should be on the underside of the motor when you remove the attachments. This will be an alpha-numeric code starting with SM. Please advise us of this number and we can give you more info on the compatibility of your accessories.

StickMaster Plus SM7400StickMaster Plus SM6400