Sunbeam StickMaster Plus

3.3

Darren

Darren

Another dead motor

When the unit was working, it seemed more than capable. Then on its fourth use, after about 30 seconds it crackled and died. Reading the other reviews, this seems to be a common theme with this unit. Now I'll have to start digging through receipts and figuring out how the warranty process works, which is unlikely to be much fun since the unit was purchased online.

Purchased in April 2020 at Target Australia for A$63.00.

Customer CareSunbeam

Could be good except for the horrible rusting and water build-up in the components!

Purchased in February 2019 at Myer for A$79.95.

Kris

KrisAdelaide

Life saver

Great features such as large capacity jug and chopper capacity and the soft start prevents making a mess in the kitchen.The product is very well engineered and easy to use in the hand.

Purchased in February 2020 at Myer for A$100.00.

Lina

LinaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Loved it but it’s rusting after just one year

I haven’t used the food processor very often but now when I wash the lid there is rusty brown water dripping from the inside middle part. Even if I let it sit and dry for a couple of days, when I shake it there is this horrible rusty smelling brown liquid trapped in the middle part. I don’t like the thought it might drip into whatever I’m processing. Also - a minor issue and easily fixable with some glue - the inside part of the blades has come apart. Makes me think this is not very well built. It’s a shame because I like the ease of use and being able to switch between stick blender (still love the stick blender) and chopper and whisk. I had a high opinion of Sunbeam before, but wouldn’t buy this again.

Purchased in April 2019 at Myer.

DianaSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Disappointed

Have bought 2 of these as the first one broke within a year and sadly the same happened with the second one. The chopper attachment stopped spinning. I was only doing breadcrumbs. It seemed like the plastic attachment had worn out. A shame as I had been using it fairly regularly and had found it very useful and easy to use and clean.

Purchased in March 2019 at Target for A$80.00.

Customer CareSunbeam
Kim

KimGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Wonderful Mixer

Love the versatility and ease of this machine. Mixes soups with ease and also fantastic for chopping vegetables, nuts, biscuits for slices etc. Still going strong after 3 years of heavy use. Love that it is much easier to clean and store compared to bulky food processor.

Purchased in September 2016 at Myer Retail Stores for A$89.00.

Hi Kim,
Thanks for the great review! fantastic to hear still going strong.
Kind Regards Sunbeam

Dan

DanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Powerful but unreliable

This stick mixer lasted less than one week for me before the motor stopped working. The blender was very powerful and would have been great if it lasted a bit longer.

Purchased in April 2019 for A$63.00.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Dan, sorry to hear that happened but please return to store for a warranty replacement

Motor dies every 6mths. Cannot recommend

Purchased in August 17, motor sparked and died in April 18. Retailer replaced for me with a new machine and the motor has sparked and died in Jan 19. When I returned it I was told this machine is not made for daily use. I use it to blend milkshakes almost daily and also for soups etc. loved it while it was working but will never buy again and cannot recommend.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Bozo the Clown

Bozo the ClownMooloolaba

Sunbeam Keeps on Keeping On

We have had this Sunbeam Stick Blender for years, and use it every day. It hasn't missed a beat (pardon the pun), like all Sunbeam products we own. Good price good product.

Date PurchasedJun 2011
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the positive feedback Bozo!

Caz M

Caz MGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Ok??

I bought this stick blender after reading reviews, and other ‘better’ ones were way to expensive. I’m not completely sure about this one yet, I do like the chopping attachment and the blender itself seems sturdy but I’ve found heaps of food gets stuck in the chopping arm head (where the blades are), so much wastage. Whipping cream I’ve found takes FOREVER and it’s still loose. I don’t know if it’s me or a faulty model, but the unit turns on for like 2 seconds and switches off, so frustrating. And that’s holding it upright!

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Caz M, the unit shouldn't be switching off so it may have a fault. I would like you to return to the store of purchase with your receipt or you can give us a call on 1300 881 861 and we would be happy to assist you.

Win

WinSydney, NSW

Does the job

I bought the mainly to use with making soups and crushing frozen fruit. It does the job well, better than a cheaper $30 stick I bought a while back. Have not really used the whisk attachment yet.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
sall

sallwagga

great product

A much loved kitchen gadget. after 6 years the motor has sadly given up. I'd like a new motor as all my other parts are in good condition since I have mostly used the stick and the food processor parts. I'd like to know if the latest model motor sm7400 will fit the sm6400 attachments? Then I will just buy the later version without all the accessories.

Date PurchasedJan 2011

poor quallity motor

used it for 2 and a half years, then the motor just stopped. looked it up online and i can see I'm not the only one. Will never never never ever use SUNBEAM again. Hand many problems with the attachable blender always had to tighten the screws, it clogs up and you have to use oil just to get the blender attached. Don't buy Sunbeam.

Date PurchasedNov 2014
S.T

S.TSydney, NSW

Really easy clean up

Whether I'm grinding coffee beans, pureeing a soup, making dips & spreads or whipping cream, this Sunbeam Stickmaster Plus is an awesome small appliance. The turbo speed is a bonus! I love it and use it often.

Date PurchasedJul 2015
RH

RH

Powerful motor

Easy to use, blends well, can suck itself onto the bottom of the pot - easy to overcome by tilting back on itself. Copes well with thick soups. Cleans easily. Accessories are convenient though not necessary. Step up from entry level models

Date PurchasedJul 2017

MeganL

MeganLBrisbane

Love it

Love my stickmaster plus. I really like its convenience and ease of storage (eg. after preparing hommus, just add the lid and store the prepared dip in the container). Easy to operate.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Mitesh

MiteshMelbourne

A perfect handy stick for kitchen.

This stickmaster plus is so good in terms of various speed, operation, stuff, washing, mixing that it has reduced a lot work which I was used to manually or I was avoiding because of not having, but after I got this, I made interesting recepies and using in daily cooking easily.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Arun

ArunMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Value for money

Used this Stickmaster for past sometime will highly recommend as entry level and no issue product. Performance is good and product is steady. Light weight helps to use in range of setting.
Used stickmaster from other brands and found that the plastic melt down in case of over usage, while Sunbeam stickmaster stands distinctively.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Suffered customer68

Suffered customer68sydney

Cheap

Its the cheap yet usefull good branded stick blender availabe in the market. Dont know why some are close to $100 when this is availability under 30 yet same functions. Easy to operate, nice colour combinations. Only frequently used accessories included. The wire should be a bit longer than what it is now.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

min40fcPerth, WA

Still working

Date PurchasedJan 2010
min40fc

Just an update folks. the newer models come with soft start motor operation where they start from low to high speed electronically. The good news is that all the attachments that make it work well still come with it.