Sunbeam StickMaster Plus

Sunbeam StickMaster Plus

SM7400 and SM6400

Wonderful Mixer

Love the versatility and ease of this machine. Mixes soups with ease and also fantastic for chopping vegetables, nuts, biscuits for slices etc. Still going strong after 3 years of heavy use. Love that it is much easier to clean and store compared to bulky food processor.

Purchased in September 2016 at Myer Retail Stores for $89.00.

Hi Kim, Thanks for the great review! fantastic to hear still going strong. Kind Regards Sunbeam

Powerful but unreliable

This stick mixer lasted less than one week for me before the motor stopped working. The blender was very powerful and would have been great if it lasted a bit longer.

Purchased in April 2019 for $63.00.

Hi Dan, sorry to hear that happened but please return to store for a warranty replacement

Motor dies every 6mths. Cannot recommend

Purchased in August 17, motor sparked and died in April 18. Retailer replaced for me with a new machine and the motor has sparked and died in Jan 19. When I returned it I was told this machine is not made for daily use. I use it to blend milkshakes almost daily and also for soups etc. loved it while it was working but will never buy again and cannot recommend.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hi Abigail, Thank you for your review and apologies for the issues you have experienced with your SM7400. Sunbeam does recommend the Stickmaster for daily use as long as you are not blending/chopping for more than a minute at a time. The motor isn't as strong as a food processor. So ideally you should give it a rest after a minute or so. Please give us a call on 1300 881 861 for more information should you require it.

Sunbeam Keeps on Keeping On

We have had this Sunbeam Stick Blender for years, and use it every day. It hasn't missed a beat (pardon the pun), like all Sunbeam products we own. Good price good product.

Date PurchasedJun 2011
Thanks for the positive feedback Bozo!

Ok??

I bought this stick blender after reading reviews, and other ‘better’ ones were way to expensive. I’m not completely sure about this one yet, I do like the chopping attachment and the blender itself seems sturdy but I’ve found heaps of food gets stuck in the chopping arm head (where the blades are), so much wastage. Whipping cream I’ve found takes FOREVER and it’s still loose. I don’t know if it’s me or a faulty model, but the unit turns on for like 2 seconds and switches off, so frustrating. And that’s holding it upright!

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hi Caz M, the unit shouldn't be switching off so it may have a fault. I would like you to return to the store of purchase with your receipt or you can give us a call on 1300 881 861 and we would be happy to assist you.

Does the job

I bought the mainly to use with making soups and crushing frozen fruit. It does the job well, better than a cheaper $30 stick I bought a while back. Have not really used the whisk attachment yet.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

great product

A much loved kitchen gadget. after 6 years the motor has sadly given up. I'd like a new motor as all my other parts are in good condition since I have mostly used the stick and the food processor parts. I'd like to know if the latest model motor sm7400 will fit the sm6400 attachments? Then I will just buy the later version without all the accessories.

Date PurchasedJan 2011

poor quallity motor

used it for 2 and a half years, then the motor just stopped. looked it up online and i can see I'm not the only one. Will never never never ever use SUNBEAM again. Hand many problems with the attachable blender always had to tighten the screws, it clogs up and you have to use oil just to get the blender attached. Don't buy Sunbeam.

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Really easy clean up

Whether I'm grinding coffee beans, pureeing a soup, making dips & spreads or whipping cream, this Sunbeam Stickmaster Plus is an awesome small appliance. The turbo speed is a bonus! I love it and use it often.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Powerful motor

Easy to use, blends well, can suck itself onto the bottom of the pot - easy to overcome by tilting back on itself. Copes well with thick soups. Cleans easily. Accessories are convenient though not necessary. Step up from entry level models

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Love it

Love my stickmaster plus. I really like its convenience and ease of storage (eg. after preparing hommus, just add the lid and store the prepared dip in the container). Easy to operate.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

A perfect handy stick for kitchen.

This stickmaster plus is so good in terms of various speed, operation, stuff, washing, mixing that it has reduced a lot work which I was used to manually or I was avoiding because of not having, but after I got this, I made interesting recepies and using in daily cooking easily.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Value for money

Used this Stickmaster for past sometime will highly recommend as entry level and no issue product. Performance is good and product is steady. Light weight helps to use in range of setting.
Used stickmaster from other brands and found that the plastic melt down in case of over usage, while Sunbeam stickmaster stands distinctively.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Cheap

Its the cheap yet usefull good branded stick blender availabe in the market. Dont know why some are close to $100 when this is availability under 30 yet same functions. Easy to operate, nice colour combinations. Only frequently used accessories included. The wire should be a bit longer than what it is now.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Still working

I use this product mainly for the mini processor attachment and to date have not used the hand stick blender.. It does not fail and it saves me using a bigger blender and all that cleaning up for much smaller tasks. I use a cheap brand stick mixer for soup or hot liquid whisking as I dont care if it fries and I send it to the appliance gods. The deeper this thing is immersed in hot liquid the quicker it will conduct up the shaft. The trick is with these blenders is to watch the time your using it. They cannot dissapate heat very well and can overheat with constant use. So if your one of those who blends ways for minutes then this will likely do just that. Giving them a spell in between helps too.
I have used the beater and thats works great but I cant really find a constant use for it. Your also better of blending liquids after it has cooled down. I dont expect the bearing/bushes would stand up to boiling water all the time. Im happy with it.

Date PurchasedJan 2010
Just an update folks. the newer models come with soft start motor operation where they start from low to high speed electronically. The good news is that all the attachments that make it work well still come with it.

Awesome Product

Have been using this mixer to make my smoothies in the morning and have not had an issue yet.
It crushes ice with ease and has been great at blending all products. I also love the ease of the interchangeable accessories, which have all been put to good use. Also easy to clean.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Works like a dream

Bought a while ago and is still working fantastic. My first sticker blender and I don't think I could ever go back to a normal blender. It is easy to store, easy to clean and works quickly which is everything an original blender isn't. Mine though does seem to une cessation loud.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Happy happy happy

This Sunbeam Stickmaster Plus was purchased to replace another very ordinary, poor performing product (of a different brand and reviewed elsewhere) and I couldn't be happier. Strong stable components, consistent blitzing & chopping and easy to clean. It gets plenty of use. I am very pleased and will "stick" with Sunbeam in the future.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Worked well for a while...

Was disappointed this became such a throw-away item. It worked really well for four and a half years, but when trying to blitz up some breadcrumbs from bread that was probably still too frozen, the motor appears to have burnt out. Phoned Sunbeam and they confirmed the warranty is just 1 year, and they don't sell/supply just the handle (motor) part. Very sad to have to ditch the thing and all the parts into landfill, when it's all still working so well apart from the motor!

Date PurchasedApr 2012
Hi Rudolph, I do apologise for the issues you encountered with one of our Sunbeam products. Your feedback regarding the spare parts for this unit is much appreciated and will be passed onto the service team. Kindest Regards Sunbeam

Motor died between 3-8 months

I also used 2 of those sticks. First time, after 8 months, the motor just stop and not running at all. Exchange for the second one, the motor stop again after 3 months. So I decided not to continue using this model. Not sure if I can trust the Sunbeam brand after trying this model.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

how to disassemble it?
Hi Johnny N, Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. The attachments for the SM6400 twist off. Simply turn anti-clockwise. You may need to use a bit of elbow grease if the attachment/s have been on for a while and the unit not used. Kind Regards Sunbeam

Our Stickmaster Platinum has some water inside the lid of the chopper bowl (it accidentally made its way into the dishwasher grrr) - is there any way to open it up and/or drain it?? I've undone the little screw inside the lid where the blade attaches but this only releases the spring.
I really don't know, but I would let it dry completely out in the sun or with a hair dryer. It has to evapourate eventually.Hi Karen, I agree, maybe sit it in a sunny spot and the water should go. Not sure how it got there. If this doesn't work, give us a call on 1300 881 861 for further assistance...

Hello! The part of the lid for the chopper bowl that spins the blade has stopped spinning when plugged into the motor. wondering if there was any way to fix this? could possibly be due to the spring on the inside but unsure, motor still works fine with other appliances
Hi, we have an older SM6400 model but I have checked and it has the same Chopping Bowl Blade Assembly as later models. There is a simple 4 star plastic connection between the motor shaft and the bowl lid and a similar 4 star connection between the bowl lid and the chopper blade. Now I assume the shaft in the chopping bowl lid spins without spinning the blade assembly. I found that if the shaft in the lid does not engage I move the upper plastic end in and out a few times and hey presto it is engaged again. Don't ask me why, I didn't notice this before.Hi again, I think this is a safety mechanism in case the chopping bowl gets jammed up with food and can't turn. If you can't get yours going again contact Sunbeam customer service for advice. I looked at the spare parts list and it looks like you need a whole new chopper bowl lid for around $20.Hi ttt, yes I think the best option is to call us on 1300 881 861 so we can assist you with this.

Sunbeam StickMaster Plus SM7400Sunbeam StickMaster Plus SM6400