Sunbeam Two-Way PB8080

• Product is used
  • Safety
J-Man

J-ManSydney

Fantastic product. Easy to use even easier to clean.

Bought the other day from Myer $149 to replace my old sunbeam which I broke.
This machine is awesome. Makes my breakfast smoothies in under a minute and cleaning takes a minute as well. There are so many features and options for different types of drinks and soups.
I read some reviews to say it’s too noisy. Ok yes it is but you use it for 30sec so what if it’s a little noisy. It’s not as noisy as some make out but not an issue. Most blenders will be noisy anyway.
Highly recommend this blender.

Purchased in October 2020 at Myer for A$149.00.

Product is usedDaily
Used forCocktails, Smoothies and Soups

Hello J-Man,
Thank you for the helpful feedback and awesome review.

TAJSydney, NSW

Slushies NOT Smoothies! Not Happy

Sorry Sunbeam this is a dust collector. Should have re-bought the NutriBullet Ninja which made perfect frothy smoothies. I was led to believe your blender was an upgrade from the Ninja but just it blends the ingredients without air and it’s just sludge. The Ninja created a lovely mousse like texture you could eat with a spoon with no residual berry seeds. With the 8080 blender there is not enough aeration So it’s just sludge with crunchy seeds. Have resorted to using my Kenwood wand blender with results half way between your blender and the Ninja. Not happy-complete waste of money.

Purchased in June 2019 at Myer for A$139.30.

Product is usedDaily
Used forSmoothies

Hi TAJ,
Please call our Customer Care Team to discuss further.

TAJ

Whilst not happy with this particular product I am happy that the issue has been resolved to my satisfaction.

Thanks Taj.

Mike E

Mike EMelbourne

Awesome blender for a decent price

Purchased in October 2018.

Product is usedWeekly
Used forJuices and Smoothies

HI Mike E,
Thanks for the fantastic review! The noise is due to the powerful motor and blade system .
Kind Regards Sunbeam

Blenders

Find out how Sunbeam Two-Way PB8080 compares to other Blenders

Samantha

SamanthaMelbourne

Great blender!

We love this blender! The two-way blades mean that you don't end up with a layer of unblended food, which can sometimes happen with other blenders. I've so far used my machine for soups and smoothies, and I always end up with a super smooth result. It has programmed settings, so you can whip up whatever takes your fancy at the touch of a button. It's super easy to clean, and looks beautiful so I can keep it on my benchtop for use each day!

Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Samantha!

Jill08

Jill08Brisbane

Sunbeam TwoWay Blender - efficient!

Very satisfied with the machine's blending ability with its TwoWay blade technology.
By alternating the blades, food lumps are directed back onto the blades for a smooth result.
Fruit smoothies are fluffy and creamy.
Vegetables, after roasting are smoothed for soups.
Have found foods that are roughly chopped present no problems.
Using the recommended PULSE action the jug is easily cleaned with warm water and a dash of detergent.
The base is 'heavy' and reduced the chance of accidental tipping

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Jill08, perfect summary of the PB8080 Blender, thank you! The two way action is definitely a winner

Katherine

KatherineMelbourne

Very Impressed!

I am so impressed with this blender! It looks good and is easy and quick to assemble, use and clean. The controls on the machine are very user friendly, where there are simple button options depending on what you want to make. It is also very efficient, as it takes a minimum amount of time to blend contents in it, and the results are a very smooth texture. I definitely recommend this product and am thrilled with the upgrade in the kitchen.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Katherine, it's great to hear that this new to our range blender is living up to expectations, thanks heaps for the review.

Beth

BethBrisbane

Perfection! The ultimate blender!

I love my Sunbeam Two-Way Blender. No more lumps or inconsistencies. Now my soups and smoothies are smooth and whipped up in no time. Even my fussy toddlers couldn't fault the results and ate every spoonful of their healthy pumpkin soup. Thanks Sunbeam!

Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks back Beth, this is a new product for us and we are delighted to see it's doing the job perfectly!!!

Winston

WinstonCANONBA

I like it very much.

I am very satisfied with its performance.
Extra wide 9cm reversible blade system. The heavy duty, stainless steel blade changes the direction of the blade motion to make sure all ingredients gets drawn into the vortex, so no food gets left behind for a smoother more even blend.
Smoother, Faster, Smarter
The versatility of 7 functions lets you choose from 3 pre-programmed recipes (Smoothie, Chop/Salsa and Milkshake) or 4 manual settings.
Convenience & Creativity
The unique two-way stainless steel blade spinning action creates a more even and smoother blend.
Powerful 1100 Watt Motor
The 1100 watt motor ensures faster consistent results.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Winston, great to see you are getting great results, thanks heaps for the review.

Pink Lady

Pink LadyAustralia

Silky smooth :-)

I am really loving how powerful this blender is! I make smoothies for my two-year-old for breakfast and put in a teaspoon of flavourless green powder in (to increase her vege/vitamin intake) and I would find it would clump and not mix well in my old blender. But not in this blender – the result is so smooth and fluffy! It also blends frozen acai powder down really easily as well with no missing frozen chunks, and it’s super easy to clean. My old blender looks so inferior now by comparison, definitely recommend this blender.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review pink lady!

Blenders

Find out how Sunbeam Two-Way PB8080 compares to other Blenders

Tania

TaniaSydney

Perfect and powerful blender!

This blender is amazing. The salsa setting made the most perfect cashew cheese. So easy to use and the blades click out of the base to make cleaning super easy. It's perfect for making soups - we made a zucchini & leek soup, that blended into a delicious & creamy consistency.
Also, great for making my breakfast smoothies, it blended together so well – I have a lot of powders to add, and there were no lumps unlike like my previous blender! Would recommend!

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hey Tania...yum @ zucchini and leek soup.. can't wait to try it!!!!

New Barista

New BaristaSydney, NSW

Smoothe smoothies.

We are very happy with this purchase. The jug is light but very sturdy and easy to clean.
We use it daily for the morning smoothie sessions and love the light fluffy consistency. It must be the two way blade effect.
It fits in well on the kitchen bench where it lives.
On the occasion we blend nuts and dry goods - it performs for that too.
The dial options are easy to use.
We highly recommend it to others.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review New Barista!! Keep an eye on our Facebook page for great recipes and ideas!

Capacity and power

After much deliberation, a sale came up and we went blender shopping. With all the options from a NutriBullet down to a simple russel hobs, we went for this sunbeam 2 way option. Decisions were on metal drive (no more burning plastic smells), most powerful motor 1100watts, 2l capacity, more than any others and the ability to remove the blade base for washing easily.

So how’d it work out in practice. Nothing I have ever had came close. I’ve had bullets and blenders and they dont turn my smoothie and all it’s ingredients to a pulp like this did. I love a smooth textured morning smoothie and this beast devoured everything I threw at it.

Definitely worth the extra cost for the output quality.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hey Sam thanks so much for the great review on our new product, hope you continue to have fun creating new smoothies etc for many years to come!!!

Brad & Ali

Brad & AliPenrith, NSW

Great multi purpose blender.

Large 2 litre capacity and great for mulching harder fruit and veg. Only reason I haven't scored a 5 is due to the house. 1100 watts and certainly works great but a bit noisy. Very good with two way blade action, spins one way then the other to effectively blend. Multi function for frozen smoothies, salsa chopping and milkshake with pulse & speed settings. Easy to clean.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Jane asked

Hi the (new) blender has been going great but one of the kids forgot to check the blade assembly was tightened and it leaked a little. Cleaned it up and tightened it then finished making the smoothie. Now we cannot unscrew it to clean it. We have tried over a number of days.
Obviously some of the smoothie leaked down and I'm guessing it has created some kind of seal?
It is now smelling. But only from underneath. The inside of the jug has no smell so the seal must be really good.
Have you any ideas as to how we can loosen it?

Customer SupportSunbeam

Hi Jane,
Below is instructions from the product manual this is for a thorough clean. Try this & hopefully this works.

Turn the blender jug upside down. Unscrew
the blade assembly from the jug by placing
the open end of the ingredient cap at the
base of the blade assembly. Use the grooves
on the opening of the ingredient cap to align
the cap to the base of the jug. Turn the
ingredient cap in an anti-clockwise direction
to remove the blade assembly.
Remove the rubber seal from the blade
assembly. Wash the blender lid, ingredient
cup, rubber seal, blade assembly and blender
jug in warm soapy water.

Jane

Did that.... it just won't come apart - that is the issue....

Customer SupportSunbeam

Hi Jane,
I have just sent you a private message if you could respond via that would be great.

Tony Basked

We just bought a PB8080. It won't come on. After pressing on/off and then any program button the warning light and the selected program light come on but nothing happens. After a while the smoothie and fine chop lights start flashing and still nothing happens. Is it broken?

blackpaw
blackpaw

Exactly the same problem here, fresh out of the box.

Tony B

I managed to fix it. Seems the motor was just stuck. Give it a few firm blows on the side with your hand and on to the work surface. Rather untechnical but it got it going!

Marie. Gasked

What setting to use for making energy balls, nearly blew it up trying different settings?

Hello Marie G,
Can I ask what ingredients go into your energy balls?
I ask because most recipes I see online use powders, small nuts, maybe dates and they are put into the blender just to make combining easier. I don't see anything with ingredients that will really test a blenders limits?

Marie. G

Almond butter, dates, maple syrup and ground rolled oats are basic ingredients. Is a brand new machine, just want to check what setting is best to use so I don't break it straight away. Was definitely struggling.

Customer CareSunbeam

I have asked our chef/product testing guru to help me in answering your question. She would have a better idea regarding recipes and how to use the product correctly with each recipe - just waiting on a response, will update you soon.

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

CategoryBlenders