MPN: 9200A

Major improvement on smaller blenders

Great blender at less than half the price of some other name brands. Doesn't miss a thing including flax seeds (providing I load them with the water first). So efficient I seldom need to use the tamper. Needs to be loaded with a fair amount in the large jug provided. I have contacted Froothie who say a smaller jug is planned - some time away but I will buy one when it arrives. Froothie's response to my jug enquiry was swift and polite - I was impressed.
This is well worth the (promotional) price. Much better than the bullet type blenders which make you dismantle the blades from the jug and start again if first attempt doesn't pack down well. Also can hold at least twice as much as the bullets.
So far I've made green smoothies, fruit smoothies, whole fruit drinks (my dinner guests loved them) and one soup. Soup was a bit too well aerated but I have noted comments to use a slower speed when preparing.
Everything tried has turned out exactly as planned. The unit has a huge and powerful motor which I think will last forever in domestic use. If you have any need for a blender I strongly recommend that you buy this one.

Purchased in March 2019 at Amazon for $329.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Product is used: Daily
Used for: Dips & Condiments, Juices, Smoothies and Soups

Seriously great blender. Great value. Easy service from Froothie. Good delivery. Simple - excellent value for money.

Realise that people will want to see ongoing impressions of the Froothie 9200 blender so will likely update this review in the future. But I am highly impressed overall with this purchase. Tested it out today upon delivery with a simple spinach, cucumber, Greek yoghurt smoothie and it was excellent. Seriously good - extremely smooth - zero lumps. Can taste the healthy goodness and it feels great. Powerful motor is obvious. Cleans easily within the blender container itself just following the simple instructions in the book. Nothing to pull apart - nothing to get broken or lost during the cleaning process. Spotless. Its white colour design blending really nicely with my kitchen.

Makes some noise but not outrageous. Noise is expected from a blender.

Am replacing a Breville high end blender that lasted for about 14 years. Was not unhappy at all with the Breville but it was on the way out - had extensive use. The smoothie texture and taste from this Froothie 9200 is significantly better. The operation simple. The recipe book illuminates a highly extensive range of creative cooking options with this 9200 blender. And from many of the reviews I have read on this product, they say it delivers exactly and very well on what is said it will do. So IMO this 9200 blender is a bargain and well worth getting. Will likely update on some cooking creations later - looking forward to the soups. As well as condiments and nut butters that will be new for me in blenders. Five Stars and that is very rare from me. Especially after just one use. Very, very impressed.

Purchased in March 2019.

Noise Level
Product is used: Several times a week
Used for: Cocktails, Dips & Condiments, Juices, Nut Butters, Smoothies and Soups

Makes such great textured smoothies

This is a seriously powerful machine. I got it for Xmas and so it was great for making ice blended smoothies for summer. Threw in frozen pineapples, mangoes, blueberries and for the smoothest coldest sorbet.
No gritty bits with this blender. Makes hot soups too but you need to blend it on low, to get rid of the micro bubbles.
Personally I prefer it for blending smoothies and sorbets than making hot soups, but to each its own.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Powerful blender

I purchased this blender over 4 years ago and it's still going strong. Does a great job and simple to clean up. It's not great for small amounts (you probably need to do at least a cup of mixture) and sometimes I've had to add a little more liquid to get it blending. I haven't tried Vitamix etc so I don't know how it compares to them, but I know it's definitely much better than standard home blenders! I mostly do smoothies (with frozen fruits), nut creams, and soup veggies. The customer service from Froothie when I bought it was excellent - there had been a couple of issues but sorted out quickly and they more than made up for the inconvenience.

Date PurchasedSep 2013

Excellent quality and worth the price

This blender is the best blender I have ever owned. I use it daily for smoothies and juices. It is used by all members of the family and the powerful blade and vortex makes it easy to clean (water and soap and a blend cycle - no scrubbing required). When I had an issue recently and emailed the company, I received a response within 10 mins. I have recommended this to many friends and family and have no regrets.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

This is the best blender I have used so far!

Very satisfied with the powerful blending ability. Well-built and reliable every time I use it.
Cannot do without it for blending frozen fruits to make smoothies and making smooth pastes with chillies and capsicums for cooking. It is also much quieter compared to other generic machines.

Will definitely recommend it!

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Optimum 9200A - CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT IT

I genuinely love my blender. I use it every day. The smoothies are the smoothiest you can ever imagine. Not a chunk passes through this baby. I make all types of things in my blender. Hummus, pasta sauce, soup, sorbet, and of course smoothies. Sometimes she needs a little help with the stick to get a thick mix going but we shouldn't persecute a girl for needing some help. She is red and beautiful. I love her.

Optimum 9200

Wouldn't go without my blender, whips through frozen fruit and ice with ease, makes the smoothest smoothies, blends all veggies effortlessly, it doesn't like dates though, had trouble trying to munch them up, so a few at a time is ideal.
I've had mine for about 3.5 years, very reliable and easy to use and clean!
Would highly reccomend this product!

Date PurchasedJul 2013

What a beauty!

Love this machine. Use it at least once a week, producing great blended soups and silky smooth smoothies. Optional power settings are fantastic. Would love a smaller jug for blending smaller quantities as it is difficult to extract every last drop of liquid, Scrooge that I am! Couldn't be happier with it.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

The Pride and Joy of my kitchen

Having done my research and seeing the products available amongst "Super Blenders" I decided on the Optimum 9200A and have been absolutely thrilled with its performance and the results of the "creations" I have tried thus far.
The quality of the machine is evident, and the power (watts etc), is what one would hope for and expect from a "Super Blender". This was an investment for me, and definitely worth it.
There are a few things in life I enjoy including a nice coffee from a proper coffee machine, a well- made cast-iron and enamel Casserole dish, and this "Super Blender" is certainly one of my "Pride and Joys" which I keep on my kitchen bench and enjoy using every day!

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Best blender I've ever used

Love this blender. Does everything it says it does. If I feel like some ice cream I just put my frozen bananas in and it whips me up some ice cream in seconds. I'm also loving the hot soups straight out of the blender. Couldn't be happier with this product.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

A solid blender

This blender was worth the money. It blends down vegetables to such a fine quality that the kids don't know they have kale or baby spinach in their "hulk banana milkshake". Ours is used on an almost daily basis, and we have had it for about 8months. We recently have had a problem with the base of the jug, which the company responded to quickly, sending out a replacement blade and tool to repair it. Very happy with the product and service. Only loses one star for the plastic of the jug. Despite being strong plastic, it has discoloured and the surface has scratched over time. It does get a lot of use though, and we have bought a replacement jug for it, which I am also glad we had the option to do; one for shakes, and one for sauces.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Can't Imagine My Life Without It!

I was nervous about spending the money at first, but buying this blender has turned out to be the best value for money kitchen appliance I have ever purchased. I make smoothies, batters, soups, nut butter, frozen fruit ice cream, you name it. It does it all with ease. Previously I had only used a blender for making milkshakes and protein shakes based on strength of machine, but this baby has opened up a whole new world of cooking for me and use it on a daily basis. It comes with an excellent cook book full of great ideas to get you started. The sales and service team at Froothie are helpful and wonderful to deal with and the machine arrived quickly. I have been so impressed with the quality of the machine and the ease of transaction that I have gone on to buy other Froothie products, all of which I am equally happy with.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

worth every cent

Originally ordered the 8200 which turned out to be nil stock, so I upgraded to the 9200A. After my old faithful Kambrook it was like landing on a new planet. Only had it for a few days yet, but so far I cannot speak highly enough of it. Made a fruit icecream today and it was to die for, thank you Froothie

Date PurchasedMar 2017

I returned my 9200a 2nd gen blender

I returned my Froothie Optimum 9200a 2nd gen blender.

Below is a list of things that I saw and felt about the 9200a blender

1 - The feet mark the counter top ... that should never happen, which is a big one
I had to buy stick-on feet from Bunnings.
2 - Thin rubber/plastic feel base plate that the blender jug sits on and cannot remove it for cleaning.
3 - Thin jug too narrow when blending the 2 ltr contents, The contents did not look like they were circulating very well.
4 - Thin rubber/plastic feel lid and does not seal properly it would spray out the sides.
5 - Tamper cheap looking plastic ..saw/cut marks on flange area and sharp not finished off.
6 - Thin power cord ... not as thick/heavy duty as I thought it would be.
7 - Jug has no curve on the inside bottom below the blades for circulation around the blades
8 - Maybe advertise that it is 1800 watt max power.. I was expecting more grunt behind it that was one of the main reason I bought the 9200a ... the other reason was the blades spin at 49,000 rpm.
9 - The spout is a bad design on the jug ... get down to the last little bit of pouring and it is all over the place, it should have a curve in the spout so it keeps the liquid in the center.

The blender made a tinny, rattling sound when it was on high.

I bought the optimum 9200a 2nd gen because it does 49,000 rpm.
I would have kept the blender but the jug, tamper quality was so bad.
I paid 3 times the price of my old luvele com8 blender I was expecting a better quality blender.
I was shocked and felt ripped off when I got the 9200a and opened the box.

If they swapped the jug and tamper with a better design and quality.
The blender would be good not excellent .. It would be a very big improvement.
More user friendly.

I can not comment on the quality of the things I can not see such as the internal parts, etc.
only the things I could see and touch.

Froothie copied vitamix for the jug design, it is just a cheap poorly designed jug why don't they come up with their own design ... become their own market leader instead of copying someone else.

Froothie did do the right thing so there were no complaints about that.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Hello Darren, thank you for your review and apologies for the late reply (3 years…. Not sure how we missed it :-( ). The 9200 model you are reviewing has been upgraded over a year ago :-) I will address your points and offer some more clarity. I truly appreciate the time you have taken to share this feedback! 1. This was an issue with a very small batch of units and was resolved instantly, all units that had this fault were promptly replaced. 2. You do not need to remove the base plate for cleaning as the jug is self-cleaning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZibTMfVzyF8 3. We are not aware of this issue at all as the design of the jug is perfect for blending drinks as well as thick contents like nut butters or desserts. Can you please share the recipe you were blending? Did you use the tamper and the correct speed? 4. This should also not happen unless the jug was overfilled. The small gap with the lid is key to ensure steam is not contained in the jug (when making hot soup for example as the blender can heat the contents) otherwise the lid and contents will explode and injure the user. This is the case with all quality high-speed blenders 5. The tamper was upgraded with a better feel and no tooling marks :-) 6. The cord is heavy duty and thin, no need to make it thick for quality to be superior :-) 7. The jug design does have a curve and, after years of iterating with thousands of customers globally, the jug designed was optimized for the best performance as per the thousands of reviews and video demonstrations :-) 8. Can you please define what you mean by grunt? You can blend whole avocados with the seed, nuts and grains, coke cans, a phone, even stones! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkARqOGagyg 9. The spout has been improved since, great feedback! Thanks Darren :-) You mentioned upgrading from your old blender, the good news is that brand (like many other new brands that come and go every year) is also now out of business and their blender no longer on the market :-) Another example of copycats to Optimum and Vitamix not lasting more than a few months due to a bad product. It is not easy to make a quality high speed blender, trust us we’ve tried and failed for years before getting to the current level, rating #1 on productreview and as a leader by Choice. Hope this helps! Again I truly appreciate the time you have taken to share such detailed feedback Darren. You can always email me (roy@froothie.com.au) or our General Manager Francois (francois@froothie.com.au) anytime if you have any questions or feedback, we always love any information to help us continue improving as this is a never ending process. We want to be the best and we WILL be the best :-) You can also call our Australian team on 1300 309 900, we’re here to help :-) Thanks Darren!!

Give it a try

I wasn't too sure about the blender so I took the opportunity to try it with the 30 day money back guarantee. I must say it is a very powerful blender and can do so many things. Their online support is very responsive and helpful too. However, it wasn't suitable for us due to personal reasons and we returned it within 30 days. The return process was straightforward and easy, at no extra cost. 5 stars to Froothie and the blender!

I love mine to pieces!

I have had this for quite a few months now. Not once have I been disappointed with it. I find excuses to use it. Powerful machine, well built, looks great on my counter top. I hope it will last a long time. My neighbour is now wanting this same blender and she will be lucky to purchase it in May, as they are offering lifetime warranty this month only. Mine has 5 year warranty and I couldn't afford the extra $110 for 10 year warranty which makes me sad, but hope I won't need that, as the blender is designed to last. If you are still thinking about making the purchase, please pull the trigger! You won't regret it.

I am very happy with my purchase.

I did a lot of research before I purchased this machine and I have to say it has paid off! I am very happy with the performance and the results. It took me about 2 weeks to really work it out and use it well. I am on a veggie juice diet where I have juices for breakfast and lunch and this is the best machine so far I have used. There is one issue where the poker stick thingy has split, but hopefully I can get that replaced quickly.

By far the best all rounder.

My partner and I both bought blenders at the same time (we don't live together!) after deciding to go on a health kick, and so have been able to compare the two since day one. We'd been house sitting and fallen in love with a Thermomix, although weren't sure on the financial investment. I did a hell of a lot of research and Optimum definitely seemed to be the best possible alternative to the Thermomix. My partner went with a slightly cheaper brand, and I cannot emphasize how much I've found the Optimum to be worth the extra money! And still SO much cheaper than the Thermomix! The consistency of smoothies and soups are much better, it's much quicker to blend (35 seconds!), and the noise that the Optimum 9200A makes is substantially lower than the competitor we bought. Plus it looks classier, so I'm much happier to show it off on the bench. Easier to clean as well - couldn't be happier :)

I'm very impressed!

I've had my Optimum for a couple of months and I'm more and more impressed each time I use it. I use it for a whole range of things, including nut milk, nut butter, lots of smoothies, cashew cheese, ground nuts and flour. It always does a great job, everything comes out smooth and even in texture. It's fast and efficient and it even does most of the jobs I used to do in my food processor. The self cleaning actually works really well, too!

Hi. Is this machine made in Australia or China.? it's come with the glass jug or plastic jug.? KIND REGARDS. DINH DO
Hi Hoang! Due to the high speed of the blades and the powerful motor, glass is an unsafe option for high speed blenders like Vitamix and Optimum. If a spoon, or other utensil, were to be accidentally dropped in or left in the container during processing, the glass container could shatter or explode and cause serious injury. Glass jugs are usually only available with weaker less-expensive blenders, and high speed blenders cannot be approved for sale in Australia with a glass jug. All Optimum jugs are made of high-quality commercial-grade Eastman Tritan copolyester material (BPA Free), and are virtually unbreakable. All jugs are heat proof, approved for health and safety by the US Food & Drug Administration, CE, Underwriters Laboratory and the European Laboratory Commission. The Optimum jugs are very durable and will not break, great example in this video with someone slamming the jug with a hammer numerous times: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX6Dl-Y8_ok http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6GDQt4EZlQ I hope that helps clear it up :) If there's anything else I can help you with please let me know!

Is everything made of steel ie chassis and blades and associated parts?
Hello Delores, both the Chassis and blades are stainless steel :-) All blender parts are made of the highest quality parts, we break it all down on our website :-) Hope this helps!

Hello. I have my brand new blender Optimum 9200A (2nd Gen) since Sept-2018 and have been advised NOT to use my blender until I receive the replacement package (refer to ticket # 639251). Just less than 3 months of use and I can no longer use the blender; not a good experience. Six days ago I was informed the replacement parts has arrived at the warehouse, however I still have not receive confirmation or the status of the replacement package. I have been very patience and trying my best to understand the unforeseen circumstances but Athena Solutions Team are not responding to my follow up emails for days now. Could you please help with this urgently? If you are not able to help and Athena Solutions Team continue to ignore my follow up emails or won't provide an update, could you please process a full refund back to me? Hope to hear from you soon.
Finally received a reply from Athena Solutions Team, after posting this question here. They still can't provide me a confirmation when I can receive the replacement package as they actually don't have all the replacement parts. So far this blender of mine gave us an extremely short (useful) lifespan, 61 days to be exact as the blender arrived on 10-Sept-2018 and malfunction presented on 09-Nov-2018. Will I get to resume the use of this blender (with confident) before Christmas this year 2018?

BPA FreeYes