Optimum 9400

Lance S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing machine and Fantastic customer service

I bought this blender 5 years and 4 days ago and today it started stuttering on the low setting. I rang Froothie (the Athena Group) and they immediately offered to repair the unit under warranty. I was only 45mins drive away from the Bayswater store and when I got there they fixed it on the spot. Just needed new brushes for the motor. I'm not surprised that it did as I have used this blender every day for 5 years (barring holidays) making my morning juice of apple, carrot, beetroot, ginger, lemon and dates. We also make our own peanut butter on occasion and LSA, etc. It has been faultless as has been the service. Above and beyond!!

Purchased in November 2014 at Froothie for $471.00.

Used for: Juices, Nut Butters and Smoothies

Brian K.

Brian K.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

An absolute super-blender

Purchased in February 2014 at Froothie for $471.00.

Product is used: Weekly
Used for: Dips & Condiments and Smoothies
Edward Ng

Edward NgGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Zero support outside Australia

Having read positive reviews, an Optimum 9400 was bought in Australia and brought to Singapore. Before the purchase, it was confirmed through email exchanges that warranty is global. When wear and tear occurred on the blade, offer of replacement at a cost was made. With a recent motor burnout, support fell silent after requests for photos and videos though the product is still under warranty. Nobody answers the Support phone number provided. Caution to anyone thinking of buying and using this product outside of Australia.

Purchased in May 2017 for $475.00.

Used for: Juices
Matt

MattIllawarra, NSW

Best blender we’ve had!

This blender has been an awesome investment; blends everything and crushes ice with ease. Super easy to clean and has lasted for ages. Price is unbeatable for the quality; if you want a blender for all jobs then this is the right choice!

Used for: Cocktails, Dips & Condiments, Juices and Smoothies

joe man

joe manSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good Blender, more importantly the support is outstanding!

Blender worked well, powerful and fast. That was for the first 2 years then we had our first breakdown. Burning rubber smell when being used, not a good sign. Machine was returned and repaired by the company. The company offers great support. The person that assisted me was Francois, he was excellent. Francois offers great customer support, and will do what ever he can to make the customer happy. A big thank you to Francois, its people like you that build great companies through happy customers.

Purchased in October 2014 for $490.00.

Product is used: Several times a week
Used for: Smoothies

DisillusionedGippsland, VIC

Good apart from replacement parts pricing

When I bought this blender about four years ago replacement jugs cost $59.95, which I thought was reasonable. When the bearings on my jug died recently, Froothie determined that the cause was that I had somehow got water into them, hence no warranty, and asked $90 for the replacement bearing/blade assembly or $160 for a new jug! Fortunately the first generation Optimum 9400 is very similar to the Vitamix 5200, so replacement blades for the Vitamix 5200 fit the Optimum 9400 jug. I found these new on eBay for under $20, and for my usage (ice, smoothies, making flaxmeal) the eBay blades seem to work just as well as the original ones. Hope this helps anyone else with out-of-warranty repairs!

Purchased in January 2015 at Froothie for $498.00.

Used for: Smoothies

Bill

BillAshfield

Great blender with a few issues

Firstly my sale experience with Froothie left a lot to be desired. Their lack of communication during the process was very poor and I doubt I would ever buy anything from them again. After payment I heard nothing for 4 days. Extremely poor.
The blender is great. churns through anything you throw at it with ease. it's let down by it's switch dial - it's complete rubbish. It never ever engages the first time. In fact 70% of the time you have to turn it 3-7 times to get the machine to turn on. i thought this would improve with use but nope. It's one of the worst switches I've seen on any product. it's garbage. The simple button layout on earlier models would be a far better option. I really hate the switch.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Brushes keep burning out every 18 months or less!

I am disappointed in the Optimum 9400 blender because since we bought it in June 2014, 3 sets of brushes have burnt out, and the blender just stops. We only do smoothies in it, not even nut butters which probably are harder on the motor, it is only used one or two times a week and it is an excellent blender when it works. Froothie Support have been good but it is frustrating and it costs us everytime we have to send it back. Is the Optimum 9400 2nd Generation better, have they improved it?

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Blender brought in 2015, stops working the second time

Date PurchasedApr 2015
Matt \

Matt \

Stopped working twice

Purchased Feb 2016, stopped working March 2017.
After some hassle Froothie repaired it for no charge.(replaced motor)
Stopped working again in 2017, gave up on it and bought a $30 blender (with an easy to clean glass bowl) from the Good Guys.

I also had to replace the bearing in the bowl.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

A Great Purchase

After a lot of investigation on what's on the market, I decided to buy the Optimum 9400 2nd generation and I'm not disappointed on any way. This blender is a sleek look and makes short work of anything that you put into it. A great test was a ginger elixir that I make make with 700mls of unpasteurised honey and 800 g of ginger root, this is offen a blender destroyer but was all done and dusted in 9 minutes. This machine was spectacularly powerful, quiet, and created a complete solution that doesn't settle.
I also wanted to mention the extraordinary service that I have experienced in my contacts with Froothie, their professionalism and genuine commitment to providing a quality product is both refreshing and admirable.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Best and most reliable blender ever!!

This blender is stand alone. It blends anything at all, and the different settings make it easy to operate. I have never had a smoothie so smooth before!! I use it so often now that it sits out on the kitchen bench permanently! THanks Optimum!

Griggy

Griggywarrnambool

Super power, Super quiet, Super Impressed !!

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Theodore

TheodoreHobart

Makes anything you want

A satisfying product that handles grinding grains to flour, as well as any food processing task. We use ours to make hommus, soy milk (it comes with a straining net), as well as the generic smoothie.

The only downside is that there is not function to remove the blades like there can be on low end blenders. This makes it difficult to get the last bits of whatever is being made out of the bottom.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Paul

PaulOrange

Optimum 9400 blender - 2 years on

It is a powerful blender capable of making smoothies using frozen banana, ice, etc with a thick texture. I had an issue with the blade assembly leaking grease and liquid after 2 years of daily use, and after providing evidence, I can report that Froothie replaced this for me without any hassle as was within the 5 year warranty period. Most other blenders at this price point would have long given up (as my smoothies are very thick), and so I remain very satisfied with my Optimum 9400 despite having to do the blade change. The repair process took less than 5 minutes, and just about anybody could do it (found a video tutorial on the web ). Great product, tough as guts, and easy to service if needed. Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Awesome!

Wanted to buy the model that my workplace owns (1st gen), but Optimum doesn't have it anymore so I bought 2nd gen and was on discounted price! Completely satisfied with the product. Blends everything so smoothly in seconds!

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Amazing high speed blender! Love it!

Jori

JoriSydney

Use it every day!

This blender is worth the extra $$. It is powerful and easy to use. I have purchased it a few years ago and use it every day, in the morning for smoothies and most evenings for things like soup, dips or cauliflower rice. It's still working really well!

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Seryn L

Seryn LAU

Great machine

I purchased this machine a few years ago, and it hasn't skipped a beat! I use it several times daily and it's been a game changer for me when it comes to the food we eat now. I had a small issue with the blade assembly malfunctioning, but after speaking with customer service, this was easily resolved and I was sent a replacement part that was easy to install myself. Would definitely recommend!

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Cez

CezAU

Not good value for money

I bought this a little more than a year ago for almost $500. I thought that for the warranty of 5 years, it should be good. the machine is too loud yet it cant grind nuts as easily as shown in ad. Once this breaks i wont buy another one. An expensive gadget but not as powerful as advertised

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Abbyasked

Hi
We havent used our machine for a while but it looks like the blade has seized inside the jug. Can I just replace the blade or do I need to buy a whole new jug?

Hi Abby,
You're quite right, the bearing seal has failed and allowed liquids into the bearing and so it has seized. This happened to me some time ago and Froothie sent me a new one free of charge. Either way you'll have to contact them for another. Just use the supplied plastic 'spanner' to unscrew the black plastic retainer under the jug. To ensure less chance of this happening again I never leave fluids in the jug, emptying it as soon as I've finished. If you are a little bit handy (and careful) you can remove the dome nut holding the blades together and sharpen them using a file or stone and transforms the blender into a 'beast' (well...it's a lot more efficient least). :)
Hope this is of some help
Lance

Abby

Hi lance. Thats really helpful, thank you very much! I dont have the spammer any more but will check in with froothie

myhealingcommunity

myhealingcommunityasked

Hello. I need to replace my Optimum 9400 "1st generation" "JUG" ONLY. The base is fine.
My Q. Does the G2 jug fit the G1?

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hi @myhealingcommunity yes the G2.1 jug will fit for your 9400 :)

Dan F.asked

My Optimum G2.3 blender goes to the highest speed and stay there. Regardless what I do. The speed is so high it’s “bumping” on the surface. Is it possible to “reboot” the blender or what shall I do?

Hi Dan,

I would recommend to raise a warranty claim for your Optimum G2.3 on the below link:
Our 24/7 Warranty and Support Team would then be in touch to have this situation rectified.

If you have any troubles at all raising the claim please do not hesitate to call our Melbourne office on 1300 309 900.

Have a brilliant day!

Hi,

Ok, thank you for your reply.
Best,