Optimum 9400

Blenders Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of blender would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

• Product is used:
    • Daily (9)
    • Several times a week (3)
    • Weekly (2)
  • Safety

Rawsan M.

Rawsan M.

Go for it.

Very good blender, it make very smooth smoothies and creamy humos I also make peanut butter no issue at all, not so noisy either. I bought it 6 years ago and it is still solid.

Purchased in January 2015.

Product is used: Daily
Used for: Cocktails, Dips & Condiments, Juices, Nut Butters, Smoothies and Soups

Gareth B

Gareth BSouth East Queensland, QLD

Still going strong 5 years on!!

Got the 9400 blender in October 2014 and it's been used basically everyday for years to make smoothies and is still running perfectly with all original parts including the jug.
Extremely impressed with it and the customer care team who are quick and friendly to deal with.

Purchased in October 2014 at Froothie for $581.00.

Used for: Juices and Smoothies

Best blender ! Bought it in 2014

It’s over five years since I purchased the blender . I use it at least twice a week. It’s still as good as new. Often times use it to make smoothie. Dips and Paste at times . Seldomly soup . I have recommended it to many . Purchasing this product is one of the right choices I have made .

Used for: Dips & Condiments, Smoothies and Soups

Cesar

CesarVictoria

Best blender we’ve ever had!

We’ve been using this blender almost everyday. We use it for making smoothies, sauces, shakes and ice cream. It handles ice and other solids really well. I couldn’t fault this blender. I highly recommend it.

Purchased in August 2016 at Froothie for $450.00.

Sally N

Sally NSydney, NSW

Family's most favorite bench top appliance

We have owned this blender for 5.5 years and it is still going strong. My 6 year old daughter then was so excited to taste test everything I made from the blender. Now (11 years old) she is making her own smoothies for herself and her younger brother. This blender makes nut butter, icing sugar, ground spices, ice-cream, soup in a breeze. Same as cleaning! I can't fault anything about it.

Purchased in September 2014 at Froothie for $475.00.

Product is used: Weekly
Used for: Nut Butters, Smoothies and Soups

Amazing been using since 2014

I use this most days and love it. Bought in 2014 and couldn't manage without it. Great for making nut butter, smoothies, frozen banana ice cream, healthy nut "cheesecake", blending dates...

Purchased in May 2014 at Froothie for $499.00.

Used for: Dips & Condiments, Nut Butters and Smoothies

Jamez

JamezSouth East Queensland, QLD

Its ok

Its a blender that blends, is a bit loud, for the money would of thought it would be better, also, have been speaking with support (Athena) about an issue, taking far to long to resolve.

Purchased in March 2010.

Lance S.

Lance S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing machine and Fantastic customer service

I bought this blender 5 years and 4 days ago and today it started stuttering on the low setting. I rang Froothie (the Athena Group) and they immediately offered to repair the unit under warranty. I was only 45mins drive away from the Bayswater store and when I got there they fixed it on the spot. Just needed new brushes for the motor. I'm not surprised that it did as I have used this blender every day for 5 years (barring holidays) making my morning juice of apple, carrot, beetroot, ginger, lemon and dates. We also make our own peanut butter on occasion and LSA, etc. It has been faultless as has been the service. Above and beyond!!

Purchased in November 2014 at Froothie for $471.00.

Used for: Juices, Nut Butters and Smoothies
Brian K.

Brian K.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

An absolute super-blender

Purchased in February 2014 at Froothie for $471.00.

Product is used: Weekly
Used for: Dips & Condiments and Smoothies
Edward Ng

Edward NgGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Zero support outside Australia

Having read positive reviews, an Optimum 9400 was bought in Australia and brought to Singapore. Before the purchase, it was confirmed through email exchanges that warranty is global. When wear and tear occurred on the blade, offer of replacement at a cost was made. With a recent motor burnout, support fell silent after requests for photos and videos though the product is still under warranty. Nobody answers the Support phone number provided. Caution to anyone thinking of buying and using this product outside of Australia.

Purchased in May 2017 for $475.00.

Used for: Juices

Matt

MattIllawarra, NSW

Best blender we’ve had!

This blender has been an awesome investment; blends everything and crushes ice with ease. Super easy to clean and has lasted for ages. Price is unbeatable for the quality; if you want a blender for all jobs then this is the right choice!

Used for: Cocktails, Dips & Condiments, Juices and Smoothies

joe man

joe manSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good Blender, more importantly the support is outstanding!

Blender worked well, powerful and fast. That was for the first 2 years then we had our first breakdown. Burning rubber smell when being used, not a good sign. Machine was returned and repaired by the company. The company offers great support. The person that assisted me was Francois, he was excellent. Francois offers great customer support, and will do what ever he can to make the customer happy. A big thank you to Francois, its people like you that build great companies through happy customers.

Purchased in October 2014 for $490.00.

DisillusionedGippsland, VIC

Good apart from replacement parts pricing

When I bought this blender about four years ago replacement jugs cost $59.95, which I thought was reasonable. When the bearings on my jug died recently, Froothie determined that the cause was that I had somehow got water into them, hence no warranty, and asked $90 for the replacement bearing/blade assembly or $160 for a new jug! Fortunately the first generation Optimum 9400 is very similar to the Vitamix 5200, so replacement blades for the Vitamix 5200 fit the Optimum 9400 jug. I found these new on eBay for under $20, and for my usage (ice, smoothies, making flaxmeal) the eBay blades seem to work just as well as the original ones. Hope this helps anyone else with out-of-warranty repairs!

Purchased in January 2015 at Froothie for $498.00.

Bill

BillAshfield

Great blender with a few issues

Firstly my sale experience with Froothie left a lot to be desired. Their lack of communication during the process was very poor and I doubt I would ever buy anything from them again. After payment I heard nothing for 4 days. Extremely poor.
The blender is great. churns through anything you throw at it with ease. it's let down by it's switch dial - it's complete rubbish. It never ever engages the first time. In fact 70% of the time you have to turn it 3-7 times to get the machine to turn on. i thought this would improve with use but nope. It's one of the worst switches I've seen on any product. it's garbage. The simple button layout on earlier models would be a far better option. I really hate the switch.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Brushes keep burning out every 18 months or less!

I am disappointed in the Optimum 9400 blender because since we bought it in June 2014, 3 sets of brushes have burnt out, and the blender just stops. We only do smoothies in it, not even nut butters which probably are harder on the motor, it is only used one or two times a week and it is an excellent blender when it works. Froothie Support have been good but it is frustrating and it costs us everytime we have to send it back. Is the Optimum 9400 2nd Generation better, have they improved it?

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Blender brought in 2015, stops working the second time

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Matt \

Matt \

Stopped working twice

Purchased Feb 2016, stopped working March 2017.
After some hassle Froothie repaired it for no charge.(replaced motor)
Stopped working again in 2017, gave up on it and bought a $30 blender (with an easy to clean glass bowl) from the Good Guys.

I also had to replace the bearing in the bowl.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

A Great Purchase

After a lot of investigation on what's on the market, I decided to buy the Optimum 9400 2nd generation and I'm not disappointed on any way. This blender is a sleek look and makes short work of anything that you put into it. A great test was a ginger elixir that I make make with 700mls of unpasteurised honey and 800 g of ginger root, this is offen a blender destroyer but was all done and dusted in 9 minutes. This machine was spectacularly powerful, quiet, and created a complete solution that doesn't settle.
I also wanted to mention the extraordinary service that I have experienced in my contacts with Froothie, their professionalism and genuine commitment to providing a quality product is both refreshing and admirable.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Best and most reliable blender ever!!

This blender is stand alone. It blends anything at all, and the different settings make it easy to operate. I have never had a smoothie so smooth before!! I use it so often now that it sits out on the kitchen bench permanently! THanks Optimum!

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Griggy

Griggywarrnambool

Super power, Super quiet, Super Impressed !!

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Susan B.asked

I previously posted re brown powder but after reading other posts perhaps it is from the blade bearings. My machine is an Optimum 9400 serial number is 14020839. and is probably 6 years old. I have not had any problems previous to this can someone advise what I need to do. I think it is first gen.

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello Susan, the issue with the blade assembly bearings was from the old stock, the old model. Could you please email me directly at francois@froothie.com.au or the technical support team at https://athenasolutions.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new or even call me on 03 8609 2210. So sorry about your experience, I can 100% assure you this issue with the blade assembly was resolved a long time ago. Kindly awaiting your reply so I can resolve the matter ASAP!

Susan B.

Hi all fixed- I had posted on two different sites over the weekend. Part ordered from you this morning. Sorry for being over concerned with my issue- happy to say it is the first problem in six years.

Susan

Hey Susan,
So glad all fixed. It was no trouble at all :)
Any issue you might encounter, do let us know and we will assist you at once, without any delays.
Alexandra
Froothie Team

Susan B.asked

brown powder came from the motor this morning what do I need to do

Hello Susan,
So sorry about your experience :(
Kindly awaiting your reply so I can resolve the matter ASAP!

Terry

Terryasked

Hi. My second blade assembly for my 9400 first gen is leaking and rusting again.
Have these issues been fixed with the replacement jugs now? $90 to replace the full blade assembly because of a faulty seal and obviously not stainless steel components is a bit ridiculous again. Got that bad the last time the bearing seized. Just leaking rusty goo again now. Hopefully thats not going into my smoothy!

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello Terry, the issue with the blade assembly bearings was from the old stock, the old model, and should be covered under warranty. Please email me directly at francois@froothie.com.au or call me on 03 8609 2210 and I will have the blade assembly replaced under warranty ASAP. So sorry about your experience, I can 100% assure you this issue with the blade assembly was resolved a long time ago. Kindly awaiting your reply so I can resolve the matter ASAP!

Get an answer from our members and Optimum Appliances representatives