Optimum 9400

Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Safety

Excellent Company

We have had our Optimum 9400 for four years, using it almost daily, mainly to make smoothies. It has been completely reliable until earlier this year when we suspected the bearings were beginning to wear down. We emailed Froothie, requesting new bearings to do a home repair. Instead, we got a detailed online diagnostic and such helpful advice and a new part is on its way. We were blown away by the speed and attentiveness of service. Highly recommended product and company.

Purchased in March 2017 for $768.00.

H. McArthur

H. McArthurGippsland, VIC

Powerful blender

This machine has so much power it blends everything we have tried. The only tip is to make sure there is enough liquid in the jug as if there is not then the blades just spin at a really high rpm not achieving anything.

Purchased in August 2013 for $799.00.

My favorite appliance in the kitchen

I bought my blender about 5 years ago and I can't live without it. I use it every single day - often more than once. I make smoothies, nut milks, grind nuts, vegan slices - there is nothing the Optimum can't blend.
A couple of months ago, it died on me (after more than 5 years of not missing a beat) and I send it in. I was expecting a quote for how much it would cost to fix since I couldn't find any receipts or warranty documents and was sure, it was out of warranty anyway, but about three weeks later it arrived back at my house completely fixed and with no bill attached. I was amazed, such great service! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Purchased for $550.00.

Anja B.
Anja B.

Thank you so much, Alex!

Lillian

LillianGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very helpful service

The Ultimate 9400 is a very powerful workhorse that blends food to very smooth consistency, can liquidy foods such as vegetable/bean soups as well as solid foods like nuts to make nut butters. After many years of use I recently had to replace the blade due to the high work output of the machine. Froothie was very helpful, providing prompt support to decipher the problem, offering a very acceptable solution and then providing remote assistance to install the new part when it was not clear as to how to do it''

Purchased in January 2021 at Froothie for $139.50.

Sylvia M.

Sylvia M.Sydney, NSW

Great Blender!

Purchased in December 2013.

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Pro-level blender in your home!

I bought my Optimum 9400 in November of 2015 and it's still going strong. It doesn't always see that much action, but when it does, it's just a joy! We've mostly used it for smoothies, juices and soups - you feel like you're in a juice bar when you work with it. In fact I liked this blender so much, that I gifted a cold press juicer (Optimum 600) for my mother - that one gets use every single day - just as pro-level as this blender!

Purchased in November 2015 at Froothie for $660.00.

Cameron O.

Cameron O.Sydney, NSW

A great product with great customer service to back it up!

We have purchased both an Optimum 600 juicer and Optimum 9400 blender from Froothie and both products have been superb and used on a daily basis for many, many years.

The blender is astoundingly strong and can blend pretty much anything.

In this day and age, both great products and great support are getting harder and harder to find. But in Froothie we have received both.

We will definitely be supporting them by purchasing more in the future.

Purchased in February 2014 at Froothie for $471.00.

Ajith Bhojani

Ajith Bhojani

Essential Appliance for the Kitchen

I bought this blender for my baby as I wanted to puree foods and it worked perfectly. However I also wanted to make my own juices, soups and blend ingredients so after a tremendous amount of research I went for the Optimum 9400 and I have been very pleased with my choice ever since.

Purchased in May 2014 at In Love's Kitchen for $471.00.

MollySouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Couldn't be without it

I have had my Optimum 9400 for 5 years and I cant imagine being without it I make the best smoothies with it I cant think of anything i don't like about it.

Purchased in September 2014 at Frothie on line for $490.00.

Molly

My husband and I have just started the day with our healthy smoothie so quickly to make,no effort at all.

mir

mir

A strong blender, good for all my bizarre shakes!

A good blender, doing a very good job. Ice cube, hard things, everything! We use it almost every day for some years.
what I dislike- it noisy a little bite and the jug had broken twice. The first time was close to the purchase and had replaced with no charge, and now, after some years, I have to pay. BUT IT WORSE IT!

Bronwen

BronwenSouthwest, VIC

Has been my FAVOURITE kitchen appliance since I bought it in 2014!!

Purchased in July 2014 at Froothie.

Blends very well

Blends even the toughest of foods including ice. The jugs are very sturdy and you make smoothie after smoothie, it's just a workhorse! We use for our entire business and couldn't fault this product.

Used forCocktails, Nut Butters, Smoothies and Soups

Gwenda T.

Gwenda T.Mid North Coast, NSW

Great machine and after sale service from Froothie

Super machine. Performs all blending jobs well. Is a little noisy but probably necessary to give the power. After 5 years it suddenly stopped working....Froothie honoured the warranty even though it was 1 month post 5years. They gave prompt and clear efficient service and notified me that machine had been fixed and Im awaiting its arrival. Would highly reccomend this machine.

Purchased in January 2015 at Froothie for $500.00.

From Perth

From PerthPerth, WA

Creamy Smooth Blending

Bought my Optimum 9400 in 2013 and have used it extensively since to make everything that needed to be smoothly blended - nuts, grains, smoothies, everything. Loved it so much bought one for a family member and recommended it to a colleague who bought it for her mum who also loved it.

Purchased in November 2013 at Froothie.

Rawsan M.

Rawsan M.

Go for it.

Very good blender, it make very smooth smoothies and creamy humos I also make peanut butter no issue at all, not so noisy either. I bought it 6 years ago and it is still solid.

Purchased in January 2015.

Gareth B

Gareth BSouth East Queensland, QLD

Still going strong 5 years on!!

Got the 9400 blender in October 2014 and it's been used basically everyday for years to make smoothies and is still running perfectly with all original parts including the jug.
Extremely impressed with it and the customer care team who are quick and friendly to deal with.

Purchased in October 2014 at Froothie for $581.00.

Best blender ! Bought it in 2014

It’s over five years since I purchased the blender . I use it at least twice a week. It’s still as good as new. Often times use it to make smoothie. Dips and Paste at times . Seldomly soup . I have recommended it to many . Purchasing this product is one of the right choices I have made .

Cesar

CesarVictoria

Best blender we’ve ever had!

We’ve been using this blender almost everyday. We use it for making smoothies, sauces, shakes and ice cream. It handles ice and other solids really well. I couldn’t fault this blender. I highly recommend it.

Purchased in August 2016 at Froothie for $450.00.

Sally N

Sally NSydney, NSW

Family's most favorite bench top appliance

We have owned this blender for 5.5 years and it is still going strong. My 6 year old daughter then was so excited to taste test everything I made from the blender. Now (11 years old) she is making her own smoothies for herself and her younger brother. This blender makes nut butter, icing sugar, ground spices, ice-cream, soup in a breeze. Same as cleaning! I can't fault anything about it.

Purchased in September 2014 at Froothie for $475.00.

Amazing been using since 2014

I use this most days and love it. Bought in 2014 and couldn't manage without it. Great for making nut butter, smoothies, frozen banana ice cream, healthy nut "cheesecake", blending dates...

Purchased in May 2014 at Froothie for $499.00.

Zedd

Zeddasked

9400 1st Generation

There is no clear answer here regarding use of the pulse switch, please clarify. I have read in the online manual that the Pulse switch does not function without the unit being switched on
(‘a safety feature’).
However, the Pulse switch on the unit I have (1st gen 9400) will switch it immediately to ultra high speed regardless of whether the other switch is on or off. Is this in fact normal?

Hello Zedd,
Alex from Froothie International Support here. I have informed our Technical Team about this and am waiting for an update. As soon as I have it, I will update you at once.

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hey Zedd, thank you for your patience. The technician did get back to me and mentioned that this depends on the model. Because the newer models have different safety features compared to older models from 2014 for example. To be able to advise further it would be great if you can email us at support@froothie.com.au :) Have a great day!

Zedd

Zeddasked

9400 1st Generation

Hi I have one of these first Gen. 9400 blenders. I noticed the jug has a recycling indicator on it a tiny triangle made up of 3 arrows chasing each other. This is cast into the jug on manufacture to inform which type of material it’s made of. On my one it has a ‘7’ which does not indicate that it’s BPA free but rather that it is amongst the type best avoided in food preparation appliances.
I,m curious as the instruction manual clearly states BPA free?

Hello Zedd,
to be able to investigate this please email us at support@froothie.com.au and ensure to mention your order number and serial number.

Zedd B.

Zedd B.asked

May I have the size of the bearings inside of the 9400 blade set. (there are 2 of them).
The originals are NMB bearings. I was looking for the code of an compatible but superior bearing SKF for example. Thankyou

Hello Zedd,
Alex from Froothie International Support here. I have requested our Technical Team more details about this and am waiting for an update. As soon as I have it, I will update you at once.

Get an answer from our members and Optimum Appliances representatives

This commercial-grade blender is rated the best blender of the lot, according to reviewers. With a number of domestic and commercial functions, it’s built to cater to the needs of serious home chefs.

It has five handy ‘automatic, one-touch programs,’ which are: Crush ice, Juice (you can also juice vegetables), Milkshake, Nuts to make dairy-free nut milks, and Hot Soup.

The Optimum 9400 Generation 2’s commercial functions include: a carbon brush motor, stainless steel 6-blade assembly, a built-in overload sensor, and Froothie Support, which means you receive ‘advice on how to develop a juice bar and increase your sales.’

What reviewers praised most about this blender:

• Blended any ingredient with ease, even tough ones like grains and ginger root (this may be due to both the powerful 1,500W motor and six blending blades)
  • Quiet operation
  • The price was affordable for its quality, and when compared with other high-speed blenders.
Compare both Optimum 9400
CategoryBlendersBlenders
Capacity2 L2 L
BPA FreeYesYes
Number of Blades66
Colour / FinishBlack, SilverSilver Black
Dimensions 456 x 191×191 mm456 x 191×191 mm
Power1,500 W1,500 W
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)
Replaced byOptimum Appliances 9400 2nd Generation