Optimum 9400

Good Blender, more importantly the support is outstanding!

Blender worked well, powerful and fast. That was for the first 2 years then we had our first breakdown. Burning rubber smell when being used, not a good sign. Machine was returned and repaired by the company. The company offers great support. The person that assisted me was Francois, he was excellent. Francois offers great customer support, and will do what ever he can to make the customer happy. A big thank you to Francois, its people like you that build great companies through happy customers.

Purchased in October 2014 for $490.00.

Product is used: Several times a week
Used for: Smoothies
Hi Joe I am very excited you chose Froothie and Optimum and happy to have received your positive feedback. So here is a great big Thank you from the Froothie family, we are glad to have you be a part of it! In case you need any assistance with the product our Expert Technical Support Team is literally only one click or a phone call away. For any questions you have, you can email us at support@froothie.com.au, call us at 1300 309 900 or simply open a LiveChat on our website Thank you again for your purchase and have a Froothielicious day! :) Froothie Team

Good apart from replacement parts pricing

When I bought this blender about four years ago replacement jugs cost $59.95, which I thought was reasonable. When the bearings on my jug died recently, Froothie determined that the cause was that I had somehow got water into them, hence no warranty, and asked $90 for the replacement bearing/blade assembly or $160 for a new jug! Fortunately the first generation Optimum 9400 is very similar to the Vitamix 5200, so replacement blades for the Vitamix 5200 fit the Optimum 9400 jug. I found these new on eBay for under $20, and for my usage (ice, smoothies, making flaxmeal) the eBay blades seem to work just as well as the original ones. Hope this helps anyone else with out-of-warranty repairs!

Purchased in January 2015 at Froothie for $498.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Product is used: Daily
Used for: Smoothies
Hi Disillusioned, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! Your blades should have been replaced under warranty, please email me directly at roy@froothie.com.au or call the office at 1300 309 900 so I ensure you get your replacement ASAP Beware of the eBay blades, $20 are NOT Vitamix blades, Vitamix blades on eBay cost $130. Blades for $20 use low quality bearings and seals that will leak within months. Again I am really sorry about your faulty blades, will wait for your email or call so I can have the replacement organized ASAP :-)I don't think the original blade assembly was faulty. After my warranty query was rejected I disassembled the blade assembly, and it was clearly the lower bearing that had rusted. This suggests that water got in from underneath the jug (presumably when I was cleaning the jug). The upper bearing was OK, so it was not liquid leaking from inside the jug. Were the lower bearings supposed to be sealed? I always avoided putting the jug through the dishwasher or submerging the jug because I thought the bearings would be damaged if they got wet... Yes the $20 eBay blades are certainly not genuine Vitamix blades - I was just pointing out that I located them by searching for Vitamix 5200 blades (searching for Optimum 9400 blades didn't turn up anything). I have used them every day for the past four months, and there is no sign of any leakage yet, but it will be another three years before I can comment on whether they last as long as the originals! (And anyway the seller who sold my ones is no longer selling them, so it is anyone's guess if the ones still being listed are the same as the ones I got.) Thank you for your offer of a replacement, but since I have disassembled (and subsequently discarded) the old blade assembly I have nothing to return and would not expect you to send me a new blade assembly just on the strength of my assertion.Hello Disillusioned, thank you for the detailed explanation, not typical in a review and HIGHLY appreciated :-) All current blades in the Optimum blenders are manufactured with improved and additional seals to allow the blades to become almost waterproof so wetting them will not cause any issues The blades from eBay could cease and this could cause damage to the blender, be very cautious :-) Regarding a replacement blade assembly, no need to return the initial faulty blade assembly, just email me your order details and a link to this review to roy@froothie.com.au (or call us on 1300 309 900) and I will organize it ASAP :-)

Great blender with a few issues

Firstly my sale experience with Froothie left a lot to be desired. Their lack of communication during the process was very poor and I doubt I would ever buy anything from them again. After payment I heard nothing for 4 days. Extremely poor.
The blender is great. churns through anything you throw at it with ease. it's let down by it's switch dial - it's complete rubbish. It never ever engages the first time. In fact 70% of the time you have to turn it 3-7 times to get the machine to turn on. i thought this would improve with use but nope. It's one of the worst switches I've seen on any product. it's garbage. The simple button layout on earlier models would be a far better option. I really hate the switch.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Brushes keep burning out every 18 months or less!

I am disappointed in the Optimum 9400 blender because since we bought it in June 2014, 3 sets of brushes have burnt out, and the blender just stops. We only do smoothies in it, not even nut butters which probably are harder on the motor, it is only used one or two times a week and it is an excellent blender when it works. Froothie Support have been good but it is frustrating and it costs us everytime we have to send it back. Is the Optimum 9400 2nd Generation better, have they improved it?

Date PurchasedJun 2014
Hey J J, the faulty brushes were in a very old shipment of the Optimum 9400 1st Generation and this matter was promptly resolved, all units replaced. Please email me directly at roy@froothie.com.au or call the office at 1300 309 900 so I can have a replacement organized for you ASAP :-) You can also DM us on Facebook and ask for me, or Instagram :-) Regarding your question about the Optimum 9400 2nd Generation, I cannot begin to describe how good the blender is, honestly the BEST blender on the market by far! We sold out of all our shipments to date and hope to get more units soon, the blender is a beast! Everything we learned after selling tens of thousands of the Optimum 9400 1st Gen over the years, we applied into the newer model and the result is pure perfection :-) I will await your email so I can further assist you, thanks J J :-)

Blender brought in 2015, stops working the second time

The motor in my blender is unreliable. I brought the blender in 2015 and after a year (2016) the blender stopped running. I have to sent it back for repair. Today (Oct 2018) the motor went bizarre - slow and then fast (alternating between the two speeds) and will be sending it back. It looks very likely the motor in my blender base is very unreliable.

January 27th 2019 Update: Comparing the warranty between Froothie against others manufacturers

Recently my repaired blender (sent for repaired in Nov 2018) failed again. During that time (Nov 2018) I decided to purchase a Nutri Bullet MAX 12 Piece 1200 Watt N12-1207 to be used during the repaired by Froothie (my family cannot do without our daily smoothies). When the repaired blender arrived back, we again used the Optimum 9400 blender as we were happy with the blender. But alas, it fails again in mid Jan 2019 so have to switch back to nutribullet. During the blending of the smoothies the rubber band dropped and was cut.
Immediately we went back to the seller and without any question a replacement was offered instead of getting the customer to sent the blender for repair. Pretty disappointed win the handling of the warranty. Customers have to sent the blender back (a cost that the customers had to bear) and bear all the risks i.e. if the blender get broken on the way to the repair shop it is the customers responsibilities as the original packaging had been discarded. If the blender is under warranty (5 years), Foothie must be proud of the quality of their product/s. But repairs after repairs really put me off and are costing me dollars.

Date PurchasedApr 2015
Hello Yee Tan! First I want to prefusely apologize for your experience. We pride ourselves on quality and it seems your faulty Optimum 9400 should have been replaced as the fault has persisted despite the repairs. However what I value most is your feedback regarding the warranty. While other cheaper products can easily replace their units whenever it is faulty (as they are so cheaply made), the cost of Optimum (and thus the quality) is significantly higher. However I think you make a VERY good point, if the quality of our product is so high, then faults should be uncommon and therefore replacements should be the norm! At least that's my thinking... Please email me directly at roy@froothie.com.au or call the office at 1300 309 900, I want to ensure your matter is resolved. You can also DM us on Facebook and ask for me, or Instagram :-) Respectfully Roy

Stopped working twice

Purchased Feb 2016, stopped working March 2017.
After some hassle Froothie repaired it for no charge.(replaced motor)
Stopped working again in 2017, gave up on it and bought a $30 blender (with an easy to clean glass bowl) from the Good Guys.

I also had to replace the bearing in the bowl.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Hey Matt! I am so sorry to hear about the issues you had with your Optimum 9400. Even though it is our first model, it is still one of the industry's best-rated blenders and the issues you had are very unusual as per the hundreds of reviews on here and globally. It is possible the same fault has contributed to all the issues you experienced and you are entitled for a replacement under warranty. Please email me directly at roy@froothie.com.au or call the office at 1300 309 900, I want to ensure your matter is resolved ASAP if you didn't already receive your replacement. You can also DM us on Facebook and ask for me, or Instagram :-) Kindly awaiting your reply Roy

A Great Purchase

After a lot of investigation on what's on the market, I decided to buy the Optimum 9400 2nd generation and I'm not disappointed on any way. This blender is a sleek look and makes short work of anything that you put into it. A great test was a ginger elixir that I make make with 700mls of unpasteurised honey and 800 g of ginger root, this is offen a blender destroyer but was all done and dusted in 9 minutes. This machine was spectacularly powerful, quiet, and created a complete solution that doesn't settle.
I also wanted to mention the extraordinary service that I have experienced in my contacts with Froothie, their professionalism and genuine commitment to providing a quality product is both refreshing and admirable.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Best and most reliable blender ever!!

This blender is stand alone. It blends anything at all, and the different settings make it easy to operate. I have never had a smoothie so smooth before!! I use it so often now that it sits out on the kitchen bench permanently! THanks Optimum!

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Super power, Super quiet, Super Impressed !!

I received my new 9400 2nd gen Blender ordered mid morning Wed arrived lunchtime the next day delivered to rural Vic, couldn't ask for better than that. Used to prepare evening meal last night and smoothie this morning, I thought I was making some pretty good smoothies with my old Sunbeam....boy was I wrong ! Until now I had not spent any more than $100 dollars on a blender so you can imagine I was a little anxious investing in the Optimum, after only 2 uses I'm confident I made the right decision. The build quality and design is impressive, the ease of use straight out of the box with a nice balance of simple auto and manual programs, the wide and low profile of the jug making it very easy to clean and I was very surprised in how quiet it was. I also had to contact your Customer service during the purchase to arrange delivery and your representative could not have been more helpful and very pleasant to deal with.
Many thanks for the great product and service very much appreciated.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Makes anything you want

A satisfying product that handles grinding grains to flour, as well as any food processing task. We use ours to make hommus, soy milk (it comes with a straining net), as well as the generic smoothie.

The only downside is that there is not function to remove the blades like there can be on low end blenders. This makes it difficult to get the last bits of whatever is being made out of the bottom.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Optimum 9400 blender - 2 years on

It is a powerful blender capable of making smoothies using frozen banana, ice, etc with a thick texture. I had an issue with the blade assembly leaking grease and liquid after 2 years of daily use, and after providing evidence, I can report that Froothie replaced this for me without any hassle as was within the 5 year warranty period. Most other blenders at this price point would have long given up (as my smoothies are very thick), and so I remain very satisfied with my Optimum 9400 despite having to do the blade change. The repair process took less than 5 minutes, and just about anybody could do it (found a video tutorial on the web ). Great product, tough as guts, and easy to service if needed. Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Awesome!

Wanted to buy the model that my workplace owns (1st gen), but Optimum doesn't have it anymore so I bought 2nd gen and was on discounted price! Completely satisfied with the product. Blends everything so smoothly in seconds!

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Amazing high speed blender! Love it!

I’m super impressed with this blender! I have had other top of the range high speed blenders that cost double the price, yet this is VERY comparable to the other. I love that it has 6 blades, not just four. It blends so well and smoothly! And it’s not as loud as some others also! I LOVE the self clean option! It makes cleaning SO much easier, not having to try to get in under all the blades - so long as you rinse it right after using it! There are preset selections and then a variable speed dial. I need to have a good quality heavy duty machine, because we use our blender multiple times per day (at least 2-3) for all different things - smoothies, smoothie bowls, nice cream, sauces, dips, nut milk and the rest. We need a blender that can withstand this sort of stuff, and I’m very happy that this optimum does just that! Highly recommend to anyone looking for a high quality high speed blender, and looking to enjoy an absolute bargain at the same time!!!

Use it every day!

This blender is worth the extra $$. It is powerful and easy to use. I have purchased it a few years ago and use it every day, in the morning for smoothies and most evenings for things like soup, dips or cauliflower rice. It's still working really well!

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Great machine

I purchased this machine a few years ago, and it hasn't skipped a beat! I use it several times daily and it's been a game changer for me when it comes to the food we eat now. I had a small issue with the blade assembly malfunctioning, but after speaking with customer service, this was easily resolved and I was sent a replacement part that was easy to install myself. Would definitely recommend!

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Not good value for money

I bought this a little more than a year ago for almost $500. I thought that for the warranty of 5 years, it should be good. the machine is too loud yet it cant grind nuts as easily as shown in ad. Once this breaks i wont buy another one. An expensive gadget but not as powerful as advertised

Date PurchasedJun 2015
Hello Cez, My name is Francois, General Manager Froothie Australia. I am sorry you are disappointed with your Optimum 9400 High-Speed Vortex Blender and that unfortunately this appliance did not meet your expectations. Quality is paramount, our entire business is built on the slogan “Quality you can trust” so even isolated cases are taken very seriously by us and Optimum. This value plays a key role in allowing us to maintain a position as the industry leader in Europe and Australia. I am surprised your Optimum 9400 cannot grind nuts as easily as shown in our videos and that you consider it too loud. The appliance should easily be able to grind nuts and grains into fine flour and make creamy nut butters in a matter of minutes. Also, at 80 db, the 9400 should be far quieter than most high-speed blenders on the market today. Please email me directly at francois@froothie.com.au with your order number so I can personally assist regarding these issues, in order to have the case resolved immediately and to your full satisfaction. Please note, as we have sold tens of thousands of Optimum blenders globally, we can assure you the issues you mentioned are very uncommon, as demonstrated by the large number of positive reviews regarding the 9400. Optimum is proud to offer high-quality appliances in over 40 countries and as their distributor, we can attest to this (along with numerous other industry experts). More details about Optimum’s strict Quality Control standards available on their website at www.optimumappliances.com. This does not change the fact that the product failed you and I will ensure this is remedied ASAP. I apologize once again if you feel we did not live up to your expectations and I want to thank you for the feedback you provided as it helps us to further improve our services. I am looking forward to receiving your email so I could assist you to your full satisfaction. Respectfully yours, Francois N Froothie Australia General ManagerHello Cez, I wanted to personally follow up with you regarding the issue you have reported with the Optimum 9400 blender and its ability to grind nuts and its noise level. As previously mentioned, all Optimum blenders are designed to grind nuts as many of our customers enjoy homemade nut butters. I have tried to contact you several times in the past few weeks, but I have unfortunately not received a reply from you. I would like to personally assist you to make sure that you are fully satisfied with the appliance. Can you therefore email me at francois.n@froothie.com.au or call me on 03 8609 2210 and I will assist you promptly. Kind regards Francois N. General Manager Froothie Australia.

Amazing Blender

Chops up everything to a smooth drinkable consistency! So powerful, heats up very quickly to make soup. Love this machine, the reviews speak for themselves. It is really good quality machine.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Has been great until the bearings started rusting

Looks like I'm not alone in this department and it is an inherent problem with the design of the jug and the bearing assembly since others are reporting same issues with rust.
I've been very happy with the blender until I started seeing fine rust powder form everytime I use the blender.
It turns out the bearing at the bottom of the jug is rusted and now I'm being told that warranty on the bearing is only 12 months. This is an obvious design flaw. Kitchen appliance is bound to come in contact with water at some point and I find it very odd that the bearing rusts so easily especially since I mostly clean my jug by running the blender with warm water and detergent.
I don't know why on my invoice, they call their warranty "5 year full warranty" when there are exclusions.
This is misleading to say the least.
I've been offered the replacement bearing for 39.95, but if there's an inherent flaw with the design, it is bound to rust again.

Date PurchasedMay 2014
Hello djc926, I am sorry to hear about your experience with the Optimum 9400. The warranty for the bearings is currently 5 years which also includes all parts of the blender. While some companies including large competitors do not cover the warranty on the bearings for more than 12 months, we decided to offer this full warranty to ensure any issues are covered immediately for all customers. We have experienced a small percentage of older 9400 models facing this issue and the matter is under investigation. We suspect the issue is with a small faulty batch, and although only a very small number of reviews mention this problem, we are taking the matter very seriously. Your replacement jug will not fail again and I can assure you there are no inherent flaws, with tens of thousands of Optimum 9400 blenders on the market globally (and thousands of reviews), the % of warranty claims with this issue is minimal, however it is something I and the team take immensely seriously. The bearings of the current Optimum 9400 jug are made using double seal (unlike most other brands which only have 1 seal), are stainless steel NMB ball bearings and custom-made at our exclusive factory in Taiwan. They are designed to withstand hundreds of uses per day in a commercial environment. Please email me at francois@froothie.com.au or call me on 03 8609 2210 as I would like to further investigate the correspondence with our warranty team and ensure everything is sorted under warranty as it should be :-) You can contact me directly anytime in the future, I would be more than happy to assist :-)As an update to this issue, I've been personally contacted by Francois and all issues sorted out to my satisfaction. Francois has called me numerous times to make sure I was looked after and I was satisfied with the resolution. It's good to see that Froothie actually responds to customer complaints and tries their best to work out a solution.

Faulty product 9400 blender

I purchased the 9400 blender and within a year I've had two fractured jugs (2 litre). While mechanically it is powerful unfortunately I can't say the same for the jugs.

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Hello Isabel, I am very sorry to hear about the issue you've experienced with your Optimum 9400 jugs, an unusual fault which we take very seriously under our warranty and high quality control standards Please contact me directly at francois@froothie.com.au and I will personally ensure the matter is attended to ASAP and an investigation is launched into the fault. You can also call me at 03 8609 2210 :-) Respectfully, Francois Froothie Customer Service

Can't live without it !!!!!!!

I purchase my Optimum 9400 just over a year ago .... it is fantastic. I use it every morning to make my green smoothie and it does a wonderful job of blending everything so well. I also purchased the single serve jug in September last year which I find is terrific for making healthy little chocolate snacks .... I can blend a small amount with ease.

Date PurchasedMar 2016