Optimum 8200

Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Safety

Still in love after 4 years

I've had this blender for 4 years now and was devastated when I dropped the jug on my kitchen floor and it cracked (luckily without a smoothie in it). Wouldn't want another blender and the wonderful team at Froothie helped me purchase a newer jug which seems bigger and better than my initial one. So easy to clean too and still the most powerful at blending smoothies and making home made hummus.

mwatson

mwatsonHunter Region, NSW

Loved this Blender

Purchased in February 2014.

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

After a year of solid use I am still in love

My dearest Optimum 8200 where do I start? You have opened up a new universe of smoothie recipes and made me realise I have been drinking subpar smoothies my whole life. I love that I can throw whole carrots in and 30 seconds later I have a healthy carrot cake smoothie. And then I can make cashew cheese for dinner and nut butters for snacks. It is a bit on the loud side but after a year of solid use the noise fades into the background. As a dedicated vegetarian for years and new devotee to a vegan lifestyle I could not have made the transition without this blender. Would highly recommend.

Purchased in January 2020.

A powerful beast

I was blown away at the Optimum 8200 ability to make peanutbutter and dressings and smoothies in a hurry. I like the fact that I can just press a button and walk away to attend to the kids or anything, and the blender will continue for 35-90 seconds and then stop by itself. It is so easy to clean too.

Purchased in December 2020 at Froothie for $275.00.

Colour

Fantastic blender but not happy with the colour. I purchased the red from photos but it it’s more a deep maroon/brown colour. A bit disappointed by this but otherwise a fantastic product.

Rajiv P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great blender from a Melbourne based company

Purchased in June 2020 at Froothie for $255.00.

Tracy C.

Tracy C.Western Australia

Our family can't live without this blender!!

We have had this blender for over 4yrs, when the blade jammed and wouldn't work anymore! Our family loves this blender and its used everyday, as it makes the best smoothies. Fortunately it was still under warrantly and the level of customer care recieved from Athena was fabulous from the first initial call until the part arrived! This type of customer service is rare these days.
Now we are back to making the best smoothies and the family is happy again!

Jade

JadeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fantastic blender

Love this blender, we use it all most everyday : milkshakes, crushing nuts, fruit smoothies and could not live without it. I have had cheaper blenders and they just don’t compare

Purchased in January 2015 at Froothie.

Carly

CarlySouthwest, VIC

Great quality

The device itself is built with high quality materials. The jug is excellent and easy to clean and use - no worrying about smashing it. Lid is easy to get on and off and clean. Can blitz anything in seconds. It is VERY loud - so if this as issue for you, keep that in mind. You only need to blend for short periods of time though, so I can look past that. My blender came with a few accessories. I haven't used it a great deal but I've made smoothies and thick/runny sauces no problem. I wish the spout could pour faster - apart from that I can't fault this device so far after 1 year. It is very well priced compared to other blenders that do the same thing.

Purchased in September 2019 at Froothie for $255.00.

Sharon M

Sharon MSydney, NSW

Wish I had bought this sooner!

Purchased in June 2020 at Froothie for $398.00.

This 8200 blender supposes to last 5 years ONLY

I bought this blender in mid of 2015 I've only used for my smoothie daily, then just under three years it had problem of smelling rubbering inside the jug and also it produced black powder outside the jug. Then I logged a job to Froothie and they sent me a new blade, I replaced it. And now the machine again is producing the same problem and it is unbelievable very loud noise, and my warranty is just over. Does this machine suppose to last 5 years? While I have had other cheeper blender still running fine.

Purchased in June 2015 at Froothie.

Corina C.Sydney, NSW

Great blender!!

I love this blender. It makes the perfect smoothie, soup, juices and ice cream. It is very powerful and I always end up with the perfect smooth texture when I use it. It is very sturdy and. Also bc easy to use and clean. customer service is quick and helpful.

Purchased in February 2020.

Luthor

LuthorGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent blender, simple, reliable, very easy to clean.

Purchased in January 2020 at Froothie.

Robyn K.

Robyn K.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Surprisingly sturdy construction and good quality.

Easy to assemble and clean. Happily no leaks as was the case with my old blender. Does the heavy lifting of a food processor.
I'm very pleased with this purchase and recommend it to anyone looking for good quality.

Purchased in April 2020 at Frothies for $251.00.

Wow, impressive!

Purchased in March 2020.

vinwoodPerth, WA

Good blender

Effective blender. Blends everything with power. I like the 35 second preset function. Had some issues with the blade set in the jug seizing after 4 years but replaced under warranty.

vinwood

Hi Francois. I have been informed that the matter has been escalated to management. I will email you directly and I hope a resolution can be reached quickly.

Dee

DeeVictoria

Best appliance I’ve ever had

I’ve had this for over four years and it’s my most used appliance ever. Great for grinding rice and grains etc into powder. Best smoothie maker also as it blends every ingredient perfectly. Customer service is excellent and any questions I had were answered promptly. 10/10

Purchased in October 2015.

Steve

SteveSydney, NSW

Solid product. Reliable, and tough.

I have been using this blender solidly for almost 5 years. It is a very good machine. The motor is very powerful and has no trouble blending any hard ingredients I choose to add like nuts and seeds. I hope to get many more years out of it and would happily purchase another one in the future

Purchased in November 2015.

Lynn

LynnSydney, NSW

I had the 9200 but need a more powerful blender

I use this mainly to make smoothies I tried to do nut butters in it but I think due to me only using nuts it started to lift off of the base so went back to using my food processor for nut butters and this for smoothies or making oat flour

Purchased at Froothie.

Froothie A.Optimum Appliances

Marg

MargGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Super Good!

Super vortex blender, great for fine blending for raw food or smoothies, etc. Easy to use and clean. Quality product made to perform for years. Best blender I have ever used!
Have recommended it to my friends who have been pleased with their purchase.

Purchased in December 2013 at Froothie for $324.00.

Wendy

Wendyasked

Hi, Where do these come from Australia or New Zealand and what is the expected delivery times.. I live in
NZ... Need one now.. :-)

Mine came from Melbourne

Hello Wendy,
Alex from Froothie International Customer Support here.
We do have a warehouse in Avondale, Auckland, and orders are dispatched from there if available.
If not, it will be shipped from our Melbourne Warehouse by Australia Post Express.
Normally it would take 3-5 business days to reach New Zeeland destination
If there is anything else I can assist you with just let me know
Best
Alex

leonr311

leonr311asked

Does the 8200 have a Glass Jug

Hi Leo,
Alex from Froothei Team here :)
The Optimum 8200 does not have a glass jug but an Eastman Tritan Copolyester BPA FREE Jug. If you are after a blender with glass jug I recommend to take a look at the Evolve: https://www.froothie.com.au/evolve-blender

Hope this helps ;)

If there is anything else I can assist you with, just let me know
Best
Alex
Froothie Team

Mariko T.

Mariko T.asked

Could it b used to blend hot soup?

it is not recommended.
could break the seals of the blades.
this happened to me but they were great sending a replacement set of blades and then gave me tips for blending and avoiding the above including letting soup cool down before blending.

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hey Mariko, our optimum blenders are capable of making ice cream or heating a soup!

For hot food processing, blending food at a HIGH speed, spinning the six stainless steel blades at a very high RPM, produces friction heat. In a few minutes, your soup can be ready!

You can also add warm ingredients in the jug but NEVER place hot ingredients (above 65C) into the blender

As for the frozen ingredients, thanks to those same speedy blades the frozen food is crushed at an incredible speed, leaving no time for them to melt! So after a few pulses your ice-cream can be ready.

For more recipes you can check out our website:

Hope this helps :)

Andrea
Froothie Support Team

Get an answer from our members and Optimum Appliances representatives

One of the more lower-priced offerings from Froothie’s Vortex Blender range, the Optimum 8200 retails for $339.

This blender is equipped with the same six-blade assembly and 2 litre jug capacity as the two top-rated blenders from the same brand (the Optimum 9400 Gen 2 and the Optimum 9200A). It has a 2,238-watt motor and a 3 peak horsepower.

The Optimum 8200 is a powerful blender for the price. However, if you’re looking for a commercial-grade blender, the Optimum 8200 only has domestic functions.

On the plus side, it can perform this list of functions: make smoothies, grind nuts and grains, crush ice, make nut butters, nut milks, ‘nice’ cream from frozen fruit, soup, spreads and dips, fresh juice (with unpeeled and uncut fruits and vegetables) and cocktails.

CategoryBlenders