Optimum 8200

• Product is used
  • Safety

Saska S.
Saska S.South East Queensland, QLD

A really decent blender and excellent customer service

This is a good blender with useful speeds and functions which you actually use. I make smoothies and nut butters with it and it always works out well. Mostly I really appreciate the customer support Froothie provides; they are always quick to respond, friendly and extremely helpful answering query about your product and how to best use it / fix it. I have found the large jug size really useful, as it means I can make batches of smoothies to freeze for later, and also large batches of nut butter.

Purchased in December 2020.

Still in love after 4 years

I've had this blender for 4 years now and was devastated when I dropped the jug on my kitchen floor and it cracked (luckily without a smoothie in it). Wouldn't want another blender and the wonderful team at Froothie helped me purchase a newer jug which seems bigger and better than my initial one. So easy to clean too and still the most powerful at blending smoothies and making home made hummus.

mwatson
mwatsonHunter Region, NSW

Loved this Blender

Purchased in February 2014.

Find out how Optimum 8200 compares to other Blenders

After a year of solid use I am still in love

My dearest Optimum 8200 where do I start? You have opened up a new universe of smoothie recipes and made me realise I have been drinking subpar smoothies my whole life. I love that I can throw whole carrots in and 30 seconds later I have a healthy carrot cake smoothie. And then I can make cashew cheese for dinner and nut butters for snacks. It is a bit on the loud side but after a year of solid use the noise fades into the background. As a dedicated vegetarian for years and new devotee to a vegan lifestyle I could not have made the transition without this blender. Would highly recommend.

Purchased in January 2020.

A powerful beast

I was blown away at the Optimum 8200 ability to make peanutbutter and dressings and smoothies in a hurry. I like the fact that I can just press a button and walk away to attend to the kids or anything, and the blender will continue for 35-90 seconds and then stop by itself. It is so easy to clean too.

Purchased in December 2020 at Froothie for $275.00.

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021

Colour

Fantastic blender but not happy with the colour. I purchased the red from photos but it it’s more a deep maroon/brown colour. A bit disappointed by this but otherwise a fantastic product.

Rajiv P.
Rajiv P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great blender from a Melbourne based company

Purchased in June 2020 at Froothie for $255.00.

Tracy C.
Tracy C.Western Australia

Our family can't live without this blender!!

We have had this blender for over 4yrs, when the blade jammed and wouldn't work anymore! Our family loves this blender and its used everyday, as it makes the best smoothies. Fortunately it was still under warrantly and the level of customer care recieved from Athena was fabulous from the first initial call until the part arrived! This type of customer service is rare these days.
Now we are back to making the best smoothies and the family is happy again!

Jade
JadeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fantastic blender

Love this blender, we use it all most everyday : milkshakes, crushing nuts, fruit smoothies and could not live without it. I have had cheaper blenders and they just don’t compare

Purchased in January 2015 at Froothie.

Carly
CarlySouthwest, VIC

Great quality

The device itself is built with high quality materials. The jug is excellent and easy to clean and use - no worrying about smashing it. Lid is easy to get on and off and clean. Can blitz anything in seconds. It is VERY loud - so if this as issue for you, keep that in mind. You only need to blend for short periods of time though, so I can look past that. My blender came with a few accessories. I haven't used it a great deal but I've made smoothies and thick/runny sauces no problem. I wish the spout could pour faster - apart from that I can't fault this device so far after 1 year. It is very well priced compared to other blenders that do the same thing.

Purchased in September 2019 at Froothie for $255.00.

Sharon M
Sharon MSydney, NSW

Wish I had bought this sooner!

Purchased in June 2020 at Froothie for $398.00.

This 8200 blender supposes to last 5 years ONLY

I bought this blender in mid of 2015 I've only used for my smoothie daily, then just under three years it had problem of smelling rubbering inside the jug and also it produced black powder outside the jug. Then I logged a job to Froothie and they sent me a new blade, I replaced it. And now the machine again is producing the same problem and it is unbelievable very loud noise, and my warranty is just over. Does this machine suppose to last 5 years? While I have had other cheeper blender still running fine.

Purchased in June 2015 at Froothie.

Corina C.
Corina C.Sydney, NSW

Great blender!!

I love this blender. It makes the perfect smoothie, soup, juices and ice cream. It is very powerful and I always end up with the perfect smooth texture when I use it. It is very sturdy and. Also bc easy to use and clean. customer service is quick and helpful.

Purchased in February 2020.

Luthor
LuthorGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent blender, simple, reliable, very easy to clean.

Purchased in January 2020 at Froothie.

Robyn K.
Robyn K.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Surprisingly sturdy construction and good quality.

Easy to assemble and clean. Happily no leaks as was the case with my old blender. Does the heavy lifting of a food processor.
I'm very pleased with this purchase and recommend it to anyone looking for good quality.

Purchased in April 2020 at Frothies for $251.00.

Read more reviews - page 2

Lee
Leeasked

I have purchased the froothie machine can u blend any mince in them or other meats?? Can u cook meat
In with soup as well??

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hey Lee, yes you can mince meat in the blender also. See this video for example https://youtu.be/NZf0_wc6Dlo :)
You can make soups as well in the blender. Heat is created due to the friction of the blades. Please ensure that the content in the jug is max 65°C.
If you would like to cook or steam as well I recommend you to look at the Froothie Evolve https://www.froothie.com.au/evolve-blender

demonte
demonteasked

can I mince meat?

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello Demonte, you can definitely mince meat. Here is a video showing the process in the Optimum 9200A: https://youtu.be/taSxV3wOWVo

It is very important to not overload the blender and always blend smaller quantities. Using the tamper is key as well :) If you need more tips and tricks let us know :)

Melissaasked

Can you make protein balls with dates

Hello Melissa,
Alex from Froothie International Team.
You can definitely can :)
Check out Lisa's video here https://youtu.be/_cRlQ9Wgx_8
And do let us know how it turned out ❤️
If there is anything else I can assist you with just let us know, we're one click away, simply open a ticket here https://athenasolutions.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.
Thank you for being part of the Froothie family ❤️
Alex

Melissa

Fyi not a very impressive link. I am wanting an example of all ingredients in not just msging the paste then have mixing.

Hello Melissa,
I have ask Lisa the recipe and here it is:PROTEIN BALLS INGREDIENTS:

1 cup (about 10) Medjool dates, pitted
1/2 cup raw nuts (cashews, walnuts, almonds, pecans, etc.)
pinch of sea salt
1 Scoop of plant protein powder of your choice
2 tbsp hemp seeds
1 tbsp chia seeds
❤️

Start by blending nuts and seeds into the blender with the 20-sec preset function, add dates and protein powder blend until everything is well combined, roll into bite-size balls, and put in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
Enjoy ❤️
Hope this helps
Alex

Get an answer from our members and Optimum Appliances representatives

One of the more lower-priced offerings from Froothie’s Vortex Blender range, the Optimum 8200 retails for $339.

This blender is equipped with the same six-blade assembly and 2 litre jug capacity as the two top-rated blenders from the same brand (the Optimum 9400 Gen 2 and the Optimum 9200A). It has a 2,238-watt motor and a 3 peak horsepower.

The Optimum 8200 is a powerful blender for the price. However, if you’re looking for a commercial-grade blender, the Optimum 8200 only has domestic functions.

On the plus side, it can perform this list of functions: make smoothies, grind nuts and grains, crush ice, make nut butters, nut milks, ‘nice’ cream from frozen fruit, soup, spreads and dips, fresh juice (with unpeeled and uncut fruits and vegetables) and cocktails.

CategoryBlenders