Optimum 8200

Optimum 8200

LaunchmoreMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Started well, ended badly

Purchased in April 2016 for $500.00.

Noise Level
Product is used: Several times a week
Used for: Smoothies

Rob

RobMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Amazing!

I bought this thanks to product review, thanks!!
We've been using it for about 2 years now mainly for smoothies, gets a workout with hard nuts and ice almost every day for two people, no dramas. If you don't use ice it heats up a lot (I think the manual said 4c/min or something but maybe more).

It's loud, that's my one warning. To be clear, it's the appropriate volume for the power it has, it just happens to be really powerful!

Date PurchasedApr 2016

front2gripMid North Coast, NSW

Powerful

Shreds stuff fast. When it was new it was so noisy I had to wear ear plugs. latter found out that the blade was a bit loose and it was much better after we tightened it up.
I bought it to blend up my food while going through tongue cancer treatment.. Made a lot of smoothies.

Date PurchasedAug 2014

Excellent I have used the best blender!

Good blending ability even ice. Good reliable.good price.
acceptable noise.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Kim

KimMelbourne

Excellent blender, high quality

I love this blender - it is excellent quality and value for money. The motor is powerful and it produces the most amazing smoothies with no bits and lumps like past blenders I have owned. I bought the blender from Froothie, great customer service and hassle free pick up. Highly recommend.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Great Blender

I initially bought this blender to make healthy smoothies, but now we use it daily to prepare food for my infant daughter. It's a great blender. It comes highly recommended.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

LaunchmoreMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Froothie Optimum 8200

Excellent customer service. Excellent product. I'm thrilled. It's fantastic. I'd highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a top-end blender. I had to liaise with their customer service team on a couple of occasions, and they were fabulous.

August 5th 2019 Update: Started well, ended badly.

Purchased on May 2106 for purely making milkshakes and smoothies, the machine did what it was meant to do. Over the past 6 months, it’s gotten louder and louder. It’s now kaput. I used it 5 days a week to make 1 shake with bananas, frozen mango pieces and frozen raspberries, with almond milk. So, I will now buy a cheaper machine. My last one lasted 15 years and was a fraction of the price of the Optimum.

Purchased in April 2016 for $500.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Product is used: Several times a week
Used for: Smoothies

I reviewed the Optimum Vortex Blender

I spent so much effort looking and finally found the one!

I spent so much time researching for the right blender for us and as a student I don't have alot of money to spend but was blown away when I found the Optimum 8200 as it was in my price range and the watts of the motor were way high than I ever planned on purchasing. I had dreamed of owning something like a Vitamix but it was way out of my price range and after find Optimum I could never go anywhere else. I love that it is Australian owned and has such a good warranty. As someone who lives a complete plant based diet this blender is apart of every aspect of my life. I have never bought something and felt so satisfied, also it is super easy to clean. My favourite thing to make is banana ice cream! I would genuinely recommend this product.

Michelle

Michelle

Wonderful machine. So much fun to use!

My favourite thing to make is peanut butter, and it's so much fun to watch! Comes out completely smooth. Hommus, pesto and cashew cream cheese are my other favourites. And bliss balls! I keep finding exciting new things to make with it. Very affordable and great value for money! Also very easy to clean.

Efficient and Stylish

I love my Optimum 8200 it looks good as a permanent fixture on my bench. This machine is contributing positively to my health overhaul. I have never happily consumed this many greens ever. It meets all my needs because it is so versatile smoothies, milkshakes, nut flour, mashed veges, cauliflower rice. Ohh and easy to clean, however it keeps whispering "When i grow up i want to be a 9400".

WazzoTheMartian

WazzoTheMartianVictoria

Excellent Blender!

Part of nearly everyday.

This was my first introduction to a high power professional style blender. It has been an absolute treat to have this in my kitchen. Banana icecream, homemade flours, sauces, salad dressings, and pie fillings are just a few of the treats we couldn't manage with our food processor and all the low end blenders that would burn out after a month or two of only moderate use. This blender is the best!

slow

slowBrisbane

Blends anything I through at it.

Having compromised over the years with "entry level blenders" I decided to invest in a proper blender 6 months ago. So glad I did. This blends anything I throw in it to a very fine smoothie. Have not been disappointed yet. The only drawback is it is a little loud, not jet engine loud, but you cannot make a pre-workout smoothie at 5:00 am & not wake-up your significant other - unless you live in a mansion.

Johnno

JohnnoPerth

Happy Days

Fantastic machine that does everything as advertised, unlike some of the cheaper ones I've bought in the past. Solidly built, easy to clean and blends anything you can throw at it.....carrot, pineapple, nuts all get crushed effortlessly in this beast. The delivery by Frothie was exceptionally quick - within a couple of days.

phil1

phil1AU

A healthy, fun way of life for all the family

Anton

AntonNewcastle

So versatile and convenient

Whether you want to make a healthy pick-me-up in the morning, a fruit smoothy at lunchtime or a homemade pesto sauce to go with your dinner in the evening, the Optimum 8200 does the lot....all in less then one minute! Unlike other appliances which usually get forgotten in the cupboard once the novelty wears off, our Optimum 8200 after a few months still conveniently sits on our kitchen bench and gets used everyday, sometimes 3 times a day. What's more washing up is a breeze, just rinse the jug and wash the lid and it is ready to go again.Worth every cent!

JDS

JDSOrmeau

An absolute game changer

I was all set to buy another brand but research brought up the Optimum range. Originally going to use it only for smoothies, but quickly found many other uses. Now being used up to five times daily! It replaces at least 2 other kitchen appliances. And the smoothie is just soooooo smooth. Half the price of Vitamix, and other cheaper brands are left in the dust, er, lumpy drinks. And that powerful motor - wow!

Magic life saver

Tam

TamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very pleased with my purchase

I've had my blender for a year now and it's still going great. I love how how well it works, how easy it is to clean and that I can purchase spare parts for it (I stupidly stuck the plunger stick into the jug with the lid off and I needed to get another one).

The staff are knowledgable, helpful and very prompt with responding to queries - this definitely didn't come with the other products I considered before my purchase last year.

If there was anything I'd do different, is I wish I got the smaller jug, which would have been more than enough (from memory, I think it was actually recommended at the order page).

Definitely happy with my decision to purchase the Optimum 8200.

Sonika S.

Sonika S.asked

Hi!
Can it(8200 model) be used for grains and spice as well to grinde dry/ without adding any water or liqiud?

Launchmore

Hi Sonika, I'm not sure, as I haven't used mine for the purpose you've outlined. Sorry.

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello @Sonika, yes you definitely can. Here is an example showing grinding coffee beans in the 9400: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1v47Qlshq0 but it works the same way in the 8200.

It is important that you blend on the highest speed.
As a rule of thumb you should always at least cover the blades by 1-2cm. We recommend a maximum 3 to 4 cups of grains/spice to make sure you're not overloading the blender.

Use the Tamper tool - The tamper tool needs to be used to constantly press the ingredients down from the sides of the jug, making sure it's being processed by the blades. Air pockets will naturally form if nothing is done to stop them so we recommend constantly tamping around the edge of the jug until the process is completed. Note: Make sure not to rest the tamper in the center of the jug (directly above the blades) while blending, this will effectively close the center of the vortex and block air from circulating.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have additional questions :)

Ephriam

Ephriamasked

We love pumpkin soups in the winter....how does it go for that??????

front2grip

Not sure. Tried to make some carrot soup once but I think I had too much carrot and not enough other liquid. It blended it up fine enough,

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello Ephriam, you can definitely make pumpkin soup in the Optimum 8200 :)
Here are some recipes: https://www.eatingbyelaine.com/easy-blender-pumpkin-soup/, https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kWd8aLlXXIE, https://www.rawblend.com.au/perfect-pumpkin-soup-recipe.html :)
In case you have any additional questions just contact us at support@froothie.com.au

Sadieasked

I am looking to buy a blender to make fruit/veg smoothies.Is the 8200 powerful enough to handle harder options like apple,carrot,celery,kale etc without lumps/gritty finish?

front2grip

It is more than powerful enough. Best to use it on the low setting for smoothies I found or they get too aerated.'
I used it a lot after my tongue cancer treatment when I could not swallow solid food. Did the job well. It was a bit noisy but I discovered that the main blade was not full tightened up. It is fine now.

Sadie

Thank you for your feedback. All I needed to know!
I hope you are back to full health.

Athena Solutions Pty LtdOptimum Appliances

Hello Sadie, The Optimum 8200 can absolutely perform all of the functions you have mentioned.

Here are some blending tips for your kind reference if needed:

1-Layering ingredients is crucial: Liquids first, then soft/light/small items, then hard/heavy/large items, especially frozen ingredients, always place hard ingredients inside the jug before turning the blender on and it is recommended that you use the pulse function to break the hard ingredients before hitting the high-speed blending function.

2-A little water in the bottom often helps: If the recipe permits, water or watery liquid like broth, lifts many ingredients off the blades so they have a more equal chance of being caught and blended. In other words, it avoids clogging and loosening the blades.

3-Use the tamper: When the machine is empty, attach the lid and remove the center cap. Drop tamper through the hole. You'll see that the rim of the lid and the collar of the tamper will always keep it from hitting the blades.

For efficiency in many recipes, you want all ingredients to be moving or "dancing" before you hit the high-speed button/program.

All of our products come with a 30-day money back guarantee where you can purchase the product and use it in your own home. If you are unhappy for any reason with the appliance in the first 30 days it can be returned (at Froothies Cost) and you would be given a full refund.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact our 24 x 7 support team at https://athenasolutions.zendesk.com

Have a lovely day!