Suzuki DF4

See the Best Outboard Motors in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Disappointing DF4

Just barely run in - used only for freshwater impoundment fishing - so far has used 7lt of fuel. Very rough and noisy little motor. Went away for vacation during which I had entered several fishing comps. During first comp. the motor died - all systems checked but no obvious sign of why motor died. Spent rest of vacation (3 weeks) rowing 12ft inflatable trying to compete.

Heavy for output - thirsty - rough and noisy.

Spectacular Performance

I recently purchased this motor and can honestly say that I am totally impressed. I am using this motor on a twelve foot utility boat for fishing on some very remote lakes in Northern Ontario, Canada.
Key features thus far are the low vibration at both trolling and high speed operation and the (fairly) quiet engine noise. The motor has enough power to make getting across large bodies of water with a loaded boat quite easy, yet will troll all day without complaint. Starting is easy, and I have experienced no issues with throttle surging or stalling.
Some websites have claimed that fuel consumption is approximately three hours at trolling speed, but I have found that to be a ridiculously conservative estimate. I have regularly averaged over six hours with the 1.5 litre onboard tank filled with 87 octane, and I know that this will only improve as the motor breaks in.
I would highly recommend this product to anyone searching for a reliable and top performing lightweight outboard.
Reliability, performance, fuel efficiency.