Suzuki DT40

Suzuki DT40

Stephen

StephenPerth, WA

Doesn't miss a beat

Now 7 years old, my DT40 hasn't missed a beat. Serviced every two years just fill it up and go. Quicksilver oil has worked fine. My DT40 starts first time on cold starts at the ramp, just give it revs and choke. Not the most fuel efficient or quiet motor but it is a two-stoke and a good option if you are after something cost-effective and reliable. Saying that tho, I would always recommend a 4-stroke over a two stroke especially at 40HP and above due to efficiency and convenience with refuelling.

Date PurchasedSept 2013

Maintain and be rewarded

Dazza 71

Dazza 71asked

Hey all I've got a dt40 two stroke 2008 I'm having trouble to get it to run when in the water under load it's hard to start and when it gets started and I go to put it in gear it stalls I've cleaned the carburettor new plugs fuel pump with no luck could it be a timing issue please can someone help cheers

Richard W.

Richard W.asked

Well-used Dt40 starts first turn of key. Compression 125 & 125. Just had it serviced including looking at Fuel lines & carb cleaned, new fuel pump diaphram
Runs well up to 3500rpm forever, no overheating etc, but as soon as we wind it over 4000rpm in 20 seconds it splutters and stalls. re-prime the bulb and it starts straight away and will run happily - up to 3500rpm . We thought the fuel pump was faulty & so replaced it. Any ideas, please?

scotsjohn
scotsjohn

Try a new fuel line, I’ve had them deteriorate internally and restrict fuel flow.

John M