Swallow Beema Q Elite

Swallow Beema Q Elite

LOVE IT! As a first time mum I did a lot of looking at prams and a lot of research. For the price this was definitely the best option, especially as I wanted a small wheel base and easy fold action with option of a bassinet. A joy to use.
Very easy to maneuver with relatively narrow wheel base (will fit through standard checkouts, etc.). Fairly light (approx. 12 kg) compared to many other prams we looked at. Easy to fold and unfold with one simple action, some prams you need an engineering degree to figure out!
Folds fairly compact.
Bassinet is great for newborn and simple to attach to pram.

Beema is very stable with heavy nappy bag over handle. Love the single brake, lock mechanism when folded to stop it flying open and lockable front wheel for bumpy terrain.

I have only had this pram a short while but I love it! The pram in red is also highly visible in poor conditions around the streets.
Large storage basket underneath is hard to access when seat is in flat (laying) position. Rear clip to attach bassinet can be hard to find through small slot in rear of seat.

OK

I like this pram. I catch public transport so i has to wait for a wheelchair bus to be able to go anywhere, but it was good that my baby could lay flat to sleep, even now as she is one and a half, i will miss it when it has to go.
looks like its nice for my daughter to sit in, easy to push on the grass, it is great for long walks and the height adjust handle is good if you have two parents of different heights. The wheels on the back detach when you are putting this pram in a small car.
I have the Blue and Brown one and it stains ans gets super dirty super fast, another thing i found is that you cant detach the fabric on the hood to clean it, so once that is dirty that is it.
This pram is quiet heavy and is no good if you need to catch public transport.
The bassinet for this pram is quiet small.
My baby is 1 and a half and has almost out grown it

OK

Reasonably priced 3 wheel pram, too heavy and bulky for everyday use (i am looking to buy a more lighter compact pram) as this one is getting too much for me! Had no problems with parts tearing or breaking etc and it seems pretty sturdy compared to other 3 wheelers which tend to tip over.
Comfortable for baby, we had the bassinet attachment as well which was good so no need to strap the newborn in. She always falls asleep in it. Great for walking as good over curbs etc, i never found it to be tippy at all. Fairly decent sized shopping basket underneath. Narrow enough to fit through normal isles at the shops, easy to maneouvere around the shops, can push it with one hand quite easily.
Big and bulky, heavy to get it in and out the boot. The bassinet attachment was fiddly to get in and out when going to the shops so takes longer to get the pram all together (and takes up even more room in the boot!) I was quite glad when our daughter no longer needed the bassinet section. The colour we purchased (the light blue and brown) gets filthy! Wish i had thought of that before we bought it! And it doesnt seem to clean very well at all! I have tried many times and its still stained on the blue material. Wheels seem to go flat a fair bit too, so annoying pumping them up. Also seem to get punctures when walking occasionally. Harness even at its smallest is still too loose on our daughter and she is nearly 14mths old, it still holds her in but i would rather it fit firmly!

OK

It’s a good pram but the pram I got my parents (Graco Mirage Lite Rider) as a “run about” for ¼ of the price of the swallow is actually better. I thought you had to pay a lot of money for a good pram, but that is not true. It’s easier to use, has all the same features and is lighter. I used the basinet which was nice to be able to see my baby but it took up a lot of room and we only used it for a short period. I brought some pram hooks (on eBay) which hang securely off the handle and can carry a lot of shopping. It would be good if the basket underneath was a bit stretchier so you can access it easier when the baby is lying down. When you use the bassinet you can’t access the basket.
The pram is easy to push around, smooth ride for the baby, adjustable handle works well for different heights, brake is easy to use and secure, I like the peep hole in the canopy. I’ve washed it a few times and is easy to clean. It’s nice to have a pram that’s not black.
When the seat is up my child always hits his head on the hard plastic (where the pram folds). I’ve tried to cover it but then it doesn’t fold properly. Now my baby is older, I’d like a tray to put his drink in. The buckle on the harness can nip your fingers if you are not careful. The boot cover/foot muff has a lip on it and when my baby was in the “second position” he couldn’t see over it and was a bit of a pain, I’d always have to roll it down.

Good

This pram is great on a budget. Easy to clean, fold, lift and adjust. I think it takes up as much room as most 3-wheelers do in the boot. Would like to have more than just 3 positions as the most upright my 1 yr old daughter still keeps sliding down into very awkard positions but she has the half-way position. We bought the blue/brown colour which gets dirty easily and front bumber gets scratched and marked.
Very affordable. Great to manover and for bumby surfaces. Seems comfortable. Bassinette great for sleeping when you can't take the pram. Basket size.
Our button to begin folding the pram has broken but can still fold down. Our baby grew out of the bassinette within 2 months.

OK

Reasonable priced pram. I am not sure I would by the pram again if I had my time again. There is no tandam or todler option available as far as I can tell. It is pretty heavy to get in and out of the car, but I am used to it after 8 months of doing it. Baby is definately comfortable in the pram - it is roomy for them. It is pretty bulky when folded, especially if you have the arm bar and the boot cover on it when you fold it down. Sometimes it doesn't fold easily - usually because I have forgotten to reposition the handle bar to its highest spot. I like the colours and have washed the hood and boot cover easily. The wheels give a nice smooth ride for baby and it is pretty easy to push. Putting the bassinet in and out can be a little fiddly as you have to pass the straps through holes and clip the straps in each time you fold it and unfold it - so it is lucky you only need to do this for a few months. We bought a light weight steelcraft stroller that baby is comfortable in for infrequent use - but not when we have lots of shopping to do, because nothing beats the basket size under neath the Swallow Beema Q
reasonable price. Comfortable for baby. Easy to move around. Height adjustable bandles. Big basket underneath. Nice colours. I like the seat position mechanism better than some of the other ones I have seen because it goes up and down easily without the need to tighten and release straps.
Heavy and bulky. Don't like the straps/harness - too hard to clean and a little too easy to get my fingers caught, let alone babies fingers. The recommended sun and rain covers are ok - but not great because they take too long to put on and are too bulky.

Bad

GET SOMETHING ELSE else i brought a strider and another light umbrella stroller ive had nothing but problems with the beema q and for $500 you could get a much better pram. and when things go wrong the staff at baby co dont want to hear about it.
This pram is good for walking over bumpy pathsand lays very flat but thats about it
It is heavy and awkward, the harness is still huge and my little girl is 14 months old she can still escape (i actually removed the padding and sewed the harness into itself so its smaller) I have replaced the inner tubes AT LEAST 15 times and ive only been using it for 6 months- i then got annoyed and purchased another stroller that was light with non inflatable wheels- BABY CO NEVER HAVE THE INNERTUBES IN STOCK so i have been without a pram on and off everytime it happens and most of the time have to carry it home in one hand baby in the other because otherwise the rims will also get wrecked. there is also no toddler attachment

Great pram, love it. Have no issues with it and have been using for 15months. Brought the bassinet for when baby was a new born and loved it. We kept using the bassinet at friends places as a bed even when baby was old enough to sit in the pram without it.
Easy to manover, comfy for baby, easy to use brake. Great basket underneath. Fits through registers and aisles. Sturdy enough to hang large nappy bag from handle. Good sized sun cover

Terrible

DONT BUY. Spend the extra money and get a good quality stroller/pram. I ended up buying a Mountain Buggy after 2 months of nightmares with this one. Fortuneatly their new pram failed the choice test !!
Very good reviews in Choice... and that is why we bought it.
Big and bulky. Wonky wheels - that they won't fix. Unreliable brake and it tends to rub against the wheels. Poor support when you have problems. You need the bassinet for the baby- as the straps can not be made sml enough for a baby.

I love it, was worth every penny as I use it every day,
Shopping, walking, jogging, doing the washing, even around inside the house because it is so manouverable and bub loves to be sitting in it!
Very manouverable (good in cafes!)
Bassinette was great for NB to sleep in.
Nice soft material, which was not plasticy or stiff, & a great colour.
Handle adjusts for optimal height.
I have a long stride and I still didnt kick the rear axle unlike other prams.
Folds easily.
With the front wheel locked it was good for jogging.
Is quite bulky and take up a lot of boot space, you realy need a station wagon to fit it in (which I have so its really no problem)
It tends to swerve all over the footpath if you stop concentrating, or if you use only one hand.
It is a bit heavy to be lifting regularly.

it can actually fit in smaller cars i could fit it in my vectra sedan with porta cot as well in the boot and still had room, also fitted in my friends small car, was even smaller then mine.

OK

i love it for walking but at the same time just would like a reversable handle or seat. my dd hates not being able to see me. overall a good pram. i just wish the wheel would stop catching
it is fantastic for walking and getting over curbs and bumps, the bassinet was fanastic for my new born
it is heavy to get in the car, takes up a lot of room and is tippy on angled ground. as previously mentioned the straps are massive my dd is 8 months old and i am still knotting the shoulder straps just to keep her in, and she is a big baby 78 cm long and nealry 9 kilos !

Bad

We have been underwhelmed with this after reading good reviews. Too big and heavy for loading in and out of car; takes up too much room in boot even of wagon. Back pocket netting ripped after 1 month's use, the back pocket is just not well thought out. The basket underneath is the only really good bit. I am going to look for a more compact, light option. Only buy this if you are strong or never going to load into car, and have flat streets to walk on.
Comfortable soft handle, good basket underneath for shopping, sturdy enough for heavy nappy bag over handle, folds ok (unless front wheel out of position). Good for swanning around a large easy shopping centre...
Back pocket touches baby's head when in second upright position (she's only 6 months old), awkward brake location, several parts have already ripped, back pocket folds up to give baby more air but that's useless if you keep toys etc in there- has to be empty to fold up! Too heavy, hard to get into boot. Can jam your fingers when getting out of boot. A squeaky wheel drives us mad!

I love this pram I previously had a bravo by baby co and hated it as it was not sturdy at all and would lift up when I put the nappy bag but this beema q does everything I need it to and most importantly is stable the only thing is the staps are too short for my 3 month old and she is 38cm long!
I brought this pram after my cousin recommended it and Im happy I purchased it as you really do need a good pram.
light, folds flat enough to fit at the back of my boot, color lake como, huge basket,sturdy
the wheels have to be fully inflated at all times to have a good trip and be easy to push

Good

Excellent pram for daily care, shopping, parks and sleeping. Good load capacity to have everything you need for 0-12mths. TIP: bike shops are best to fix any flat tyres (we haven't needed them though).
Sturdy to carry all the gear you need plus a full load of shopping. Narrow and easily manouverable into cafes and shops. Adjustment from sleeping flat to bolt upright has meant we've only needed one pram 0-12mths. Inflated tyres gieva smooth ride.
The carrying ability downside is it is heavier than ultralite models. The reality with most parents we know is you have a good versatile 3-wheeler like the BeemaQ, and a second umbrella style one for travelling.

Good

Pram is reasonable for it's purpose. Could be a bit sturdier. However it's easy to walk around with and move about. Would not recommend jogging long distances with it eg more than 100m as child seems to bounce around alot. I managed to fit a different bassinet divice in it which was good as it allowed for versatility. Overall a good pram for the price.
Eassy to manouver, relatively light weight. Good storage space for shopping and baby's products. Comes with sun/wind shade for the legs.
Feels a little flimsy at times. All adjustable handles need to be straight before folding down.

excellent pram,recommend it to everyone,fits through any check out and has a massive storage area with the back pocket and under bastket.
like the ease of the pram,folds up standing so less to pick up.fits in the boot with extra space for the bassinette and shopping.love the colours,we have the red and washes well.
the bassinette hasnt held up as well as the pram,the hood is a bit frayed but i think thats due to hitting the top of the boot.we chose the red as the blue seemed to dirty easily,the store one was filty and hadnt even left the store.

Good

A very good pram which very easy to push and great manoeuvrability. I would recommend it. Good value for money
Very easy to steer even one handed and has a good sized storage basket. handles are height adjustable so its good for all heights. copes very well on and off footpaths The fabric is nice and soft and easy to wipe clean
It is a bit heavy for me to get up stairs unassisted

Good

Very good pram overall. People tend to comment on the beautiful colour combination.A bit heavy for me (I am quite short)and at times complicated to fold.
I saw this pram at Babyco and fell in love with the Lake Como (blue and brown) model. The pram has a lot of great features such a handy basket under the pram and a pocket a the back, saves you having to carry a nappy bag. We also bought the bassinette that attached to the pram.
Being a first time mum, I find the pram a bit complicated to operate at times as there are a lot of buttons and stuff you need to press to fold or open the pram.
It is quite heavy as well.
A lot more expensive than the other Beema prams due to new design and fabric.