Swallow New Mama

See the Best Gliders in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Good

Comments on the description (above):
* "Arm rest can be used in two ways" - this means the fabric can be folded over or under, giving different access to pockets.
* "Thick padding" - not really that thick, but comfortable enough
* "Used for feeding time" - definitely yes, until baby grows too long and the arm rest get in the way of the baby's legs. Also it is NOT good for learning to breastfeed in... not upright enough, no lumbar support and the rocking motion makes things more difficult.
* "Unique soothing glider action" - I don't think it is particularly unique - most other rocking chairs seem to use the same sort of mechanism for rocking.
* "Assists blood circulation" - Huh? Says who?
* "Padding is hand washable" - don't know, haven't had to wash my chair's padding as yet.
* "Makes a great gift" - well, sure, maybe... as long as the receiver wants it. Otherwise it is a great big lump of furniture to store somewhere. And as long as the giver is willing to shell out about $300 bucks (or track down a second hand one on Ebay).

It is definitely worth getting the accompanying ottoman, otherwise you can't rock with your feet up properly.
It is comfortable. The pockets in the arms are handy for storing books, remote controls, etc. Quite easy to set up - just had to screw the top part onto the base.
Nothing really, although you need to be careful about little kids getting their fingers caught in the gliding mechanism.

Good

I bought this when i was pregnant and set it up in the lounge room as i could not sit on the soft leather couch anymore as it was too uncomfortable. The Mama glider was soooo comfortable, everyone commented on how comfortable it was when they came over. Now my baby is 3 months old, and we keep it in his room. We nursed in this chair alot in his early days, and now just do the nightime feeds in it. Can be a bit noisy when it needs oiling and squeeks at the nighttime feeds waking the little one up. I did not purchase the glider, would have been nice to have the footrest but did not want to clutter the room with too many items.
Comfortable, quite compact and not bulky compared to others on the market. Soothing motion great for settling baby. Great side pockets for storing watch, notepad, pen, torch, tissues etc.
Fabric is a little daggy, we got the most modern looking one which is the beige and dark wood. Hinges get quite squeeky and noisy, needs oiling every couple of weeks.

Good

I got his rocker before my baby was born and found it very comfortable while heavily pregnant, I had trouble getting up but only because it was so comfy. I also have the ottoman and find it so relaxing to put my feet up while feeding baby. It is great at night when baby wakes to help get him back to sleep. My baby has just learned to crawl and is trying to pull himself up using the ottoman which is not good- it worries me that he may get his fingers caught but good, close supervision can stop this. The chair is sturdy and strong and I recommend it.
Very comfortable for relaxing and feeding. Smooth rocking motion is great for comforting a crying baby.

All our family really enjoys this glider and ottoman, It feels like you are floating when rocking on it. compared to the old styled rockers these are the way to go. Has muiltipule uses, eg, feeding, settling ,just sitting and realxing etc...
I have the older version with out the arm pads. bUt its generally exactly the same. Also I have the rocking ottoman to match. I had this befoer i gave birht and it was very relaxing rocking on it. ALso was wonderful for settling baby to sleep. and for breast feeding. Our son is now 3 and we are having another in jan 09. OUr son loves to rock on it. As he was rocked on it when he was a little baby etc. It is a great addition to your baby needs and further on too. Price wasnt too bad. Made well. And nice homely fabrics. Country feel. Padding is nice too.
nothing really, it has been made well, so you dont need to worry about little finger s too much, if they are aware of it and told not to touch then it would not be a problem. We have never had any problems with our little boy.

The Swallow New Mama Glider was the most economical glider I could find at the time and yet it was the most comfortable. Some of the other common brands made me a feel a bit sea sick but the motion on this one is very good. We use this glider daily for our night time feeds.
Well padded and comfortable with a relaxing motion. The New Mama was easy to put together. Reasonable price. It was very easy to put together. I managed to do it on my own and it comes with the required tools.
It looks a bit too 'country furniture' for my taste. The glider mechanisms are exposed underneath (as with most I think) which I think is a bit dangerous if little fingers are around it unsupervised.