Stall-track

Stall-trackGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent example of customer service

I was unfortunate enough to have my motorcycle stolen a few months ago. From the moment I contacted Swann Insurance, the level of customer service was outstanding. The support and guidance through the process couldn’t have been better. I received a payout and the assessor was in contact quickly to update me on the condition of my motorcycle when it was recovered.

Claim MadeYes
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes
Rebecca G.Swann Insurance

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to post this review. We are glad to hear you were happy with your claim experience! I will pass this feedback on.
Thanks, Rebecca - Swann Insurance

daniel n.

daniel n.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

No assistance when needed!

I bought my bike yesterday in Sydney. I purchased full comprehensive insurance and roadside assistance with Swann prior to leaving the dealership. I was riding it back to the Gold Coast. I stopped in Armidale overnight. This morning as I departed, my rear tyre was flat. The was a bail in it. I called roadside assistance but they couldn't assist me. There was a 48 hour grace period. What! Now I am looking to cancel my insurance and sign up with someone who can assist me.

Claim MadeNo
LAKE

LAKERichmond-Tweed, NSW

What worked and what did not with Swann Insurance for me.

Claim MadeNo

Kam

KamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Better then nothing

After the accident, I contacted with them. Actually insurance company works fine but the expert was doggie. Try to written off the motorcycle but I know law better than him so He could not win. After that insurance company did, what they have to do.

Claim MadeYes
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Rebecca G.Swann Insurance

Hi Kam, thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear your claim experience was not as you expected, and I would like to investigate this for you. I will send you a private message to confirm your policy details.

JockeygirlSouth East Queensland, QLD

Charged to cancel a policy

I wanted to cancel a policy and was told there was a $50.00 fee to cancel it.
Not told about when quoted.
It's in pds tucked away.
You should not be charged to cancel a policy.

All fixed up

Shane R.

Shane R.

Ver easy to deal with.

Broke my leg July 2018 and they took over my car payments straight away no fuss at all. Very easy proses. It’s been over 12 months and I’m up to working 4 days a week and they are still paying my payments no fuss. They have really helped me get back on my feet. Thank you.

annoyed

annoyedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Appalling customer service from the call centre

Extremely poor service

Had a not at fault motorcycle accident where the other party acknowledged fault to the police at the scene.
Zero support from Swann to recover my motorcycle.
Excessive time to get an assessor in to determine if the bike could be fixed - they use third party assessors. This was going to take over a month to get this done.
Even though I had full riding gear coverage- apparently this does not include helmets. Go figure. This was not made apparent when taking out the policy.
I won’t use this company again.

jim

jim

Please explain !!!!

We have 2 policies with Swann; both for 2010 fatboys, wife and I both have rating 1 no claim bonuses.
My better half's sum insured was $21000, cost $468 and was paid on 15 july 2019.
My insurance renewal was for $18157 with a cost of $498; when I queried the figures asking for a policy the same as my wife's the rep was happy to increase the agreed value to $21000 but the best they could offer on cost was a $3 reduction. I have forwarded both policy renewals to Swann for comment but I'm sure they are on their way to the "round" filing cabinet. I cannot see the difference in policies or costs????

Martin M

Martin MNorth Queensland, QLD

Agreed Value nowhere near market value

Lorraine campbell

Lorraine campbellGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

So disheartened.

I was so upset with the way I was not able to ask questions, and explain myself for breast cancer reasons my finance payment were amended.which are now all up to date as the loan was varied as soon as I spoke to my finance company who were so compassionate and willing to help.
But the woman at swann shot me down like I was diagnosed again, so stressful and horrible to deal with.
Have submitted a dispute hopefully it might turn out better.

Rebecca G.Swann Insurance

This was going to be a 1 Star review.

Don't use them

I was with swann insurance for my ninja 1000. I was taken out by a teenager ending with 2 days in hospital and the bike written off. The police report stated that I was not at fault but swann insurance still withheld the premium ( from memory $450) and never gave it back. I sorely attest found out that if I was with racq my insurance would have been around $400 cheaper and they have 24/7 customer help unlike SI.
Just don't use them. Worst insurance experience possible for top dollar

beware gap cover claim !

milkymoo

milkymoowarrnambool

couldn't be happier

Just a little over 2 months ago now my spyder can-am caught fire while I was riding it. It was by far the most terrifying experience I have experienced in my life. From the very first phone call I made to Swann to receiving my cheque in the mail the service I received from Swann was amazing. I couldn't speak more highly of the staff in the Claims department, friendly, helpful, and caring. 10 out of 10 to Swann

Find out how Swann Insurance compares to other Motorcycle & Bicycle Insurance

After having a serious accident and my mental health being not well Swan insurance and Tac both made a very big difference in my life Both worked very well with me and Swan done every thing to make me happy Brought a tear to my eyes just how much they responded and made ever effect to see I was happy I guarantee Swan Insurance to be the best

Andrew

AndrewMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Motorcycle Accident Claims John a Legend

Rebecca G.Swann Insurance

Check your excess on your policy!!

After my partner had an accident I logged on to see what the excess would be it said $400 and then all of a sudden they say its $475 and had been since October. Dodgy as they do not send you a copy of your new policy and are utterly rude to deal with. Make sure you ask for them to send you an updated policy showing your excess etc so you will have a leg to stand on when they try and jack the prices! Its only $75 yes but its the principal I didn't dream up $400!

Phil

Philmelbourne

Great Service.

Got T-boned by a Tarago whilst riding through a roundabout last year, Swann was very helpful. They always returned my calls and kept me up to date on the progress of my claim. Pay out was fast and hassle free will certainly get Swann to insure my next bike.

Rebecca G.Swann Insurance

Hi Phil, thanks so much for your positive comment, we really appreciate your feedback and love hearing from happy customers. Kind Regards, Swann Insurance

Philwil

PhilwilSydney

Worst company to deal with

Paid top dollar for the policy thinking this company will be easy dealt with. my bike was stolen, been 4 weeks since claim has been put through, approved by total loss team 2 weeks ago and still waiting for the replacement or a call to say when or what step they are at! Would not recommend and will never use in the future!