JockeygirlSouth East Queensland, QLD

Charged to cancel a policy

I wanted to cancel a policy and was told there was a $50.00 fee to cancel it.
Not told about when quoted.
It's in pds tucked away.
You should not be charged to cancel a policy.

All fixed up

Shane R.

Shane R.

Ver easy to deal with.

Broke my leg July 2018 and they took over my car payments straight away no fuss at all. Very easy proses. It’s been over 12 months and I’m up to working 4 days a week and they are still paying my payments no fuss. They have really helped me get back on my feet. Thank you.

annoyed

annoyedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Appalling customer service from the call centre

Extremely poor service

Had a not at fault motorcycle accident where the other party acknowledged fault to the police at the scene.
Zero support from Swann to recover my motorcycle.
Excessive time to get an assessor in to determine if the bike could be fixed - they use third party assessors. This was going to take over a month to get this done.
Even though I had full riding gear coverage- apparently this does not include helmets. Go figure. This was not made apparent when taking out the policy.
I won’t use this company again.

jim

jim

Please explain !!!!

We have 2 policies with Swann; both for 2010 fatboys, wife and I both have rating 1 no claim bonuses.
My better half's sum insured was $21000, cost $468 and was paid on 15 july 2019.
My insurance renewal was for $18157 with a cost of $498; when I queried the figures asking for a policy the same as my wife's the rep was happy to increase the agreed value to $21000 but the best they could offer on cost was a $3 reduction. I have forwarded both policy renewals to Swann for comment but I'm sure they are on their way to the "round" filing cabinet. I cannot see the difference in policies or costs????

Martin MNorth Queensland, QLD

Agreed Value nowhere near market value

Lorraine campbell

Lorraine campbellGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

So disheartened.

I was so upset with the way I was not able to ask questions, and explain myself for breast cancer reasons my finance payment were amended.which are now all up to date as the loan was varied as soon as I spoke to my finance company who were so compassionate and willing to help.
But the woman at swann shot me down like I was diagnosed again, so stressful and horrible to deal with.
Have submitted a dispute hopefully it might turn out better.

Rebecca G.Swann Insurance

This was going to be a 1 Star review.

Don't use them

I was with swann insurance for my ninja 1000. I was taken out by a teenager ending with 2 days in hospital and the bike written off. The police report stated that I was not at fault but swann insurance still withheld the premium ( from memory $450) and never gave it back. I sorely attest found out that if I was with racq my insurance would have been around $400 cheaper and they have 24/7 customer help unlike SI.
Just don't use them. Worst insurance experience possible for top dollar

beware gap cover claim !

milkymoo

milkymoowarrnambool

couldn't be happier

Just a little over 2 months ago now my spyder can-am caught fire while I was riding it. It was by far the most terrifying experience I have experienced in my life. From the very first phone call I made to Swann to receiving my cheque in the mail the service I received from Swann was amazing. I couldn't speak more highly of the staff in the Claims department, friendly, helpful, and caring. 10 out of 10 to Swann

Rebecca G.Swann Insurance

After having a serious accident and my mental health being not well Swan insurance and Tac both made a very big difference in my life Both worked very well with me and Swan done every thing to make me happy Brought a tear to my eyes just how much they responded and made ever effect to see I was happy I guarantee Swan Insurance to be the best

Motorcycle Accident Claims John a Legend

Rebecca G.Swann Insurance

Check your excess on your policy!!

After my partner had an accident I logged on to see what the excess would be it said $400 and then all of a sudden they say its $475 and had been since October. Dodgy as they do not send you a copy of your new policy and are utterly rude to deal with. Make sure you ask for them to send you an updated policy showing your excess etc so you will have a leg to stand on when they try and jack the prices! Its only $75 yes but its the principal I didn't dream up $400!

Phil

Philmelbourne

Great Service.

Got T-boned by a Tarago whilst riding through a roundabout last year, Swann was very helpful. They always returned my calls and kept me up to date on the progress of my claim. Pay out was fast and hassle free will certainly get Swann to insure my next bike.

Rebecca G.Swann Insurance

Hi Phil, thanks so much for your positive comment, we really appreciate your feedback and love hearing from happy customers. Kind Regards, Swann Insurance

Philwil

PhilwilSydney

Worst company to deal with

Paid top dollar for the policy thinking this company will be easy dealt with. my bike was stolen, been 4 weeks since claim has been put through, approved by total loss team 2 weeks ago and still waiting for the replacement or a call to say when or what step they are at! Would not recommend and will never use in the future!

GARY

GARY

Excellent Service, Quick Easy to deal with, Fast Pay Out.

I have my first major accident in 25 years of riding, I rang Swann from Hospital they were very helpful,They look after every thing, even advised me that I was covered for safety and personal wear. The Bike was written off.
Pay out was quick and efficient. I will be definitely using then in the future.

Slimey!!!

My policy was great value at first especially when i signed up and asked for protection for my gear which i found out later wasn't covered. When i hit a dead wombat and came off meaning no one else involved i made a claim and my excess they sent the bill for is over DOUBLE!!!!

Robi

RobiSydney

Unbelievable.

I've called to request a simple statement of all my payments for the last financial year.

It took me 15min only to get connected to someone, although I've been a policy holder for the last 8 years. It then took another 30min for the representative to be able to understand how to generate the requested statement. A simple document listing my payments. It then took 10min for them to send email with the attached document requested.

Overall, I was on the phone with them for 50min!!

Their online customer dashboard never works.

What can I say, you guys leave me no options but cancelling my policy.

Insurance claim madeNo

Rude thieves

I was with them for 6 years. Never made a claim with them. I recently sold my bike and rang them to close/cancel my policy with them. The girl on the phone just laughed when she said that swann pay back the remaining money paid on the policy. That had been taken from my account 2 days before. A week later they have no done it at all. They love to take money but don't like giving it back and will OPENLY insult you. Swann treat people like crap, yet are completely confused why their reputation is going down the toilet. I would NEVER recommend swann to any MC rider period.

Insurance claim madeNo

Phil H.

Phil H.asked

Insurance cost for 17 Triumph Tiger Explorer XCA 800.

Rebecca G.Swann Insurance

Hi Phil, we can most definitely assist you there, however there are a few factors that go in to creating a quote other than the bike itself. I would recommend giving us a call on 13RIDE (137433) to discuss. Alternatively you can jump over to www.swanninsurance.com.au and get a quote online.
Kind regards, Rebecca - Swann Insurance

Phil H.

Phil H.asked

What insurance costs for 2017 Triumph TIGER Explorer XCA
Comprehensive cover.

Kind regards, Rebecca - Swann Insurance

Mafiaasked

Can you get back your excess back if those involved with the theft of you motor bike are Caught and charged?

Rebecca G.Swann Insurance

Hi Mafia, apologies for the delay. In regards to the refund of your excess on a theft Claim, we can refund the excess if the offender has been charged and convicted of the offence. Hope this helps, please let us know if you need any further information. Kind Regards, Lynda - Swann Insurance

Martin M

I was advised that this is not the case, as the FOI act does not allow for disclosure of the offenders name, even once convicted. My bikes thief was caught red handed, but unfortunately the damage he'd already caused was enough to make it a total loss. I am out of pocket roughly $1300 after my insurance payout (that's another story), and I have been informed that the only way I can recover this expense is to seek restitution through the courts.

Mafia

Thanks, I am out a similar amount, and also forgot that my glasses, balaclava and other stuff were in the top box! Will never use swan again! As I should not have to pay the theft excess if caught!

Get an answer from our members and Swann Insurance representatives