Swann SWWHD-INTCAMPK3

• Connectivity / Reliability

Nim

NimSydney, NSW

Waste of money

These cameras are a waste of money. They always require charging and don’t even work most of the time. They do not detect movement often and night vision is crap. We actually had someone come into our yard and take some out our belongings. The camera didn’t even send us a notification and it took forever to find the video which was inly half recorded. The cameras also sometimes go offline for days without warning

Purchased in January 2020 for $800.00.

Sorrento70

Sorrento70South East Queensland, QLD

Don't waste your money!

Not only don't these cameras work well, there is basically no after sales support from SWANN. After installing the new SWANN app (as instructed) both cameras don't work. Installed and reinstalled and nothing. have spend too much time on the phone to customer support who keep telling me they are working.... they are not. A complete waste of money. DO NOT BUY. $499 down the drain.

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

Adam L.

Adam L.

Very bad customer service and product!

I purchased a pair of these and after a while I received an email that previous app won't work, please download Swann's new app. And guess what! the new App is not even compatible with Swann's own cameras. Swann Australia not answering the phone and facebook pages, online tickets and I was told by online technical assistant that I have to purchase a new pair!! seems I have to spend $500 a year to update my cameras, which is ridiculous!

Purchased in March 2019 at Jaycar Electronics for $499.00.

Wireless Surveillance Systems

Find out how Swann SWWHD-INTCAMPK3 compares to other Wireless Surveillance Systems

MervN

MervNSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wasted night on Setup for Swann Smart Security CAMERA but the stars may change if I get a working unit

Purchased in October 2020 at Ryda.com Online store for $233.80.

Customer ServiceSwann

Batteries died, now its garbage

Mine died after a year. Dont waste your money and add to landfill waste. Blink cameras have replaceable batteries that last 2 years and look way better and cost less.

Purchased in May 2019 for $300.00.

Qian L.

Qian L.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

New app slow

I bought 8 of them, worked fine with Old app, after charged to new app, few of them couldn’t pair, and the new app is so slow, most of the time I got no security cameras to use.

Peter B.Canberra 2600, ACT

Good to bad with the new App!!!

The system worked great untill the new firmware upgrade and App change. Since the upgrades 2 out of my 4 have issues. 1 is bricked and won't connect, spent hours with support and no result, they have escalated but still waiting. My second one one drains battery within the day from 100 to zero befor the nights out.

I wouldn't look at buying these untill swann do somthing about the current firmware and App.

Purchased in November 2019.

Hwllo
Can please provide the case number, so that we can review the case and be in touch?

Peter B.

Yes sure, 307197 was the case number I was given.

RBarnesSydney

Steer clear of Swann ZERO customer service !

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi.

Hi SM
yes I have contacted them no less than five times!
Here are some of the case numbers: Your Ticket ID is #00308835
#00281739

emviar

emviarPerth, WA

Very poor product

Purchased at The Good Guys for $700.00.

jacobbourke1

jacobbourke1Perth, WA

Doesn't even connect to my router

I bought three cameras at nearly $270 a piece and then went to connect to my telstra wifi router. The cameras didn't connect to my 2.6GHZ ,5GHZ and 5 G ranges. Even after the MAC whitelist approval and the cameras being next to my router they refused to pair. Was online for 7 hours looking up ways to fix to no avail and i consider my self tech savvy and these were impossible to fix. Biggest waste of money and no warning on box that these might not work with certain routers, i now i can see why there are so many terrible reviews ,especially from a reputable company like Swann, this is embarrassing.

Purchased in March 2020 for $780.00.

bobsprodBrisbane

Fairly good cameras wasted by terrible app - Buyer beware!

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for $904.00.

Andrew

AndrewCentral Queensland, QLD

A Compromised Product, But The Best I Could Hope For

Purchased in May 2019 at Officeworks for $549.00.

Customer ServiceSwann

Hello Andrew, thank you for the feedback.

jmonfries

jmonfriesMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not what they're cracked up to be

Security, I don't think so. Intermittently offline and rarely if ever record anything of use even with settlings as sensitive as the units allow.
Work at night yes, for live viewing only.
Would I recommend them? No way!

Purchased in September 2019 at Kogan.com for $299.00.

Customer ServiceSwann

We are sorry to hear about your most recent experience.
Your problem sounds like something our Tech Support team can assist with, please visit https://support.swann.com so they can help you with your product.
Swann Customer Support

BobNarangba

Not all its banged up to be.

Purchased in June 2019 at Goodguys for $300.00.

Bob

This product was returned for a full refund within a week.

Very Expensive Dummy Camera

I'm going to take my unit back for a THIRD time and demand a refund. Very disappointed. Constant connection and firmware update issues. Reading about so many people online that have had the same thing, I look back and wish I spent that extra few bucks and went for Arlo or Ring.

Purchased in June 2019 at Jaycar Electronics for $250.00.

Scott WootenSouth East Queensland, QLD

NB: This is for the Pan Tilt Camera. I can't delete this review but my issue with Swann support still stands.

Purchased in April 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $159.00.

Buyer Beware

Buyer BewareSydney, NSW

Camera has to be replaced when battery is depleted.

Have to replace whole unit when rechargeable battery fails so only lasts as long as battery. 24/7 support over 40 min wait time. Needs outdoor powerpoint to make it useful outdoors unless you want to keep bringing it in to recharge. Needs really strong wifi connection

Purchased in February 2019.

Kellie84

Kellie84Melbourne

Absolute waste of money.

I have had nothing but trouble since purchasing the 4 cameras. At present one camera won't connect at all. Another camera was the same. Only one camera can be put at a distance outside, the other 3 don't extend that far on wifi.
The app is slow and buggy.
Only 2 days of recording is stored unless you pay extra.
It takes a few seconds to start recording and doesn't record long enough in some instances.

The battery life differs between the 4 cameras. For heavy use areas I had to resort to having it plugged in continuously. Slow traffic areas last 3-5 days.
There is a lot of false advertising with this product and I will be contacting consumer affairs as Swann has refused to reply to my email.

Brian Reid

Brian ReidWodonga

Waste of money

I bought the cameras and even before I got to use them, well actually I did not use them because the would not pair to my WiFi system. I called the retail outlet and the guy talked me through the pairing set up. Followed his instructions and then checked the camera settings in the app that I downloaded. No device found, so I reset the camera and same problem. They going back tomorrow. Load of #%%@&%$#÷¥€

Tony

TonyPerth

They just don't charge. Need to leave plugged in

Bought 6 wifi camera's a month ago. Out of the 6, 2 will charge to 100%. Others get to 16, 28, 46 and 47%. Lasts about 2 days on the lowest settings even with sensor OFF. Don't waste your money. Other blogs have a lot of these problems for many many months. Have they even tried for a solution or taken them off the market. No. Still selling them. I don't see the point of a security system if you have to be home all the time charging them up. Stay away.