Tanita 1632

Tanita 1632

See the Best Bathroom Scales in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Tanita? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

bellysmelly
bellysmellyAU

20+ years and still going strong

I bought these half a lifetime ago. Still going strong.

They were dear for scales at the time, about $80 (with a discount!) at Hardly Normal IIRC.

The solar thingo can take a bit of charging now but two minutes with a light turned on does the trick. They're also stored beneath the vanity so they don't get much light at all otherwise.

Anyway, given their longevity and reliability, now I've decided to upgrade to body composition scales, this is the brand I'll be going with.

Purchased in July 2000 at Harvey Norman for $80.

rw2830
rw2830North Western Region, NSW

Good

Not a bad product. I wasn't familiar with the brand name but bought it as it was on special and thought the fact that it was solar powered was pretty cool. I haven't had any issues with this product. Would recommend this product.
It looks pretty good. Attractive design.
Couldn't really think of anything. It performed all the functions that I wanted it to do.

grinningchook
grinningchookPerth, WA

I have had my set for a while now and never had any problem, the read out is always the same if I hope on a few times in a row unlike my old dial ones that could vary up to a kilo depending which way I stand.
Love that they have no batteries so will always work providing there is enough light.
Accurate readout, comfortable to stand on and NO more Batteries!!

binski
binski

Good

smart sharp design - not too fancy and its simple to use and red from standing up. very accurate reading and so far nothing has gone wrong with them. bought a set for my friend - only really do that when know it's going to last!
i was initially looking for a set of glass scales, but when i saw these the simple sharp design i thought was a fresher finish for my bathroom. warranty good and not too much packaging which it great if trying to be sustainable!
smart sharp design - not too fancy and simple to use and read
not glass

Bathroom Scales

Find out how Tanita 1632 compares to other Bathroom Scales

fehmel
fehmelMelbourne

I liked it very, very much and would recommend these scales for older people who can't see the ordinary scales read out, and for people a bit unstable as the platform is larger than some.
I particularily liked the fact it is Solar piowered, no more having to buy batteries for it, It also has weight in Kilos/pounds for us older people, A large comfortable platform fits all foot sizes.
The concealed toe-tap on/ reset button was not so convenient, could have even larger digital display for even easier readout, as I think these scales would be aimed at older people with reading difficulties.