See the Best 4K Ultra HD TVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

start up timing increased over first few weeks within 3 months continually switched off and restarted

Purchase from JB HIFI as recommended by staff just before Christmas.

with in first few weeks noticed start up was taking longer and longer emailed TCL incase it needed a firmware upgrade was told it was normal.

now approximately 3 months into ownership (only using for at most an hour a day) the tv turns off and restarts itself constantly so have had to switch off at wall. can't use the TV.

we have also had issues with internet connectivity during the 3 months of ownership but not on our other Panasonic tv's.

TCL customer support very unsupportive, the repairer they have organised bordering on Rude/aggressive when contacting us. JB HIFI unwilling to help despite how recent it was purchased.

We are now being told that it has to be taken away and have the motherboard replaced.

You will have to uninstall the TV and reinstall once repairs are finished. be aware that the repair won't do any of this as we have just been told by him.

when asked how long it will take we were told by JB HIFI that they are really quick now and it will take 2-3 weeks approx. really quick to replace ??? 2-3 weeks??? I would think within 7 days is quick.

I was also told that once the motherboard is replaced it will be like a new tv and to think myself luck, how would you feel being told this?

Not worth all this hassle should have stuck to the bigger name brands like previously instead of being lead by the sales people at JB HIFI. NEVER AGAIN

Please make an informed choice and steer clear.

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $2,000.00.

Performance
Picture Quality
Software
Sound Quality

Budget Tv With An Great Picture

Spent a few months shopping around comparing between Hisense, Sony, lg and TCL. Luckily, I come up with the TCL C249US that meets every single of my needs.
I am so happy to have it, picture quality is great, sound is above average (still may need a soundbar but it does a good job).
I love the Bluetooth connection function that is super convenient
Android TV is quick and works fluidly.

Purchased in February 2019 for $480.00.

Performance
Picture Quality
Software
Sound Quality

Plagued with problems. TCL nightmare service. Avoid.

This is by far the worst TV I've ever purchased. Within 12 months it started to malfunction. It would stay stuck in load screens, randomly stop responding to the remote, freeze and would eventually start turning off while watching.

We returned it to the retailer but TCL were a numbat to deal with. First they delayed examining the TV for weeks. Their technician admitted there was a major fault and would refund but head office refused to honour this.

Then they claimed we were 'only entitled to a replacement under ACL' which is a bald faced lie if ever there was one. We told them we'd take them to small claims court, before they finally relented and offered the refund that was lawfully owed!

Two pieces of advice: never buy TCL and if they try to avoid their obligations then take them to small claims court!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

I like its operating system

Good sound quality.satisfied with the quality of the picture . T has everything i expected on my Budget.The picture is great to look at. rich colours, good contrast superb detail and no dead pixels! My one has 2 USB inputs as well as 4 HDMI ones which makes it so much easier when we want to plug things in. Definitely great value for money

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Clunky, slow and average quality.

Purchased for the kids room and for its purpose it’s ok for them to watch youtube and movies.
The android OS is so slow and clunky it makes me so angry when I have to use it. Feels like it’s a beta software from 5 years ago. Had many issues with it going in to shop mode even after firmware upgrade, loses wifi settings, sound is terrible from HK soundbar built in. Will never buy tcl again, just an awful clunky TV.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Cheap with problem after problem

Had seen reviews being positive but utterly disappointed. Less than 3 months in. Internet connection warnings plastered on screen that won't go away. Channels disappearing and buttons working when they feel like it. Updates are ridiculously lengthy too! Having to reset the TV time and time again just to watch basic tv.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Best TV ever for the price.

A lot has been written about this TV already so I won't go into the specs but, instead, relate my experience with it. This TV rules. 4K videos look great on it. The audio is loud and rounded enough that I don't need a soundbar. As we speak I'm listening to the greatest hits of No Doubt on it. I spent a lot of time with the different video settings but, really, the default ones suit me fine

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Incredible overall and great value

I was looking for something big for our bonus room to watch movies on and play games. I wanted something that could handle the latest game console technology. This set it so good. The picture is immaculate. The game response is stellar - make sure you use game mode. The sound even surprised me - so much better than my old set. Lastly the built in Roku makes everything so much fun. It doesn't even seem like TV, seems like a huge high end computer monitor.

Since we've gotten it - I've been upstairs late at night playing games almost every night. I had to upgrade my Xbox One S to the X to take full advantage.

So much fun.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

TCL C2 Series

1. Smart TV's operating system and application satisfaction generally, no phone and computer to simple, but the operation is relatively simplified.
2. Product features are relatively simple. Performance is better than ordinary TV, so satisfaction is very good.
3. The Bluetooth function of TV is not so easy to use, wireless connection is a very good function, the satisfaction of the general.
4. The port of the device is still quite adequate, the ports are basically all, more comprehensive.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Not bad for an el cheapo

This is no Sony or Samsung but it gets the job done with a few caveats. First audio quality - not the best you should think about getting a soundbar if you pick one of these up, next channel changing speed - not as quick as you may like so know this. Apart from that the actual picture is pretty darn good. Nice colours and good dark separations. Like I said, no Sony but its cheap and not bad at all

Date PurchasedNov 2017

TCL C2 Series

I like its operating system, very simple, in the application can also customize their favorite
is also very good, product features/controls and performance I am very satisfied
have Bluetooth words will use more convenient, sometimes I like to watch TV at night, this will be a very good choice
Yes, enough

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Budget TVs

When I first started the TCL smart TV, I saw what they called the home page. Unlike most other manufacturers, TCL provides it directly before my input. Because the smart function only presses one button, it is very intuitive.It brings together everything available for free, purchase or lease.
Overall, it's tough to beat them when it comes to budget TVs, and that makes them a pretty safe bet.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Great tv for kids lounge

Works well in all areas. Used in upstairs for kids and friends to watch movies and play games with friends and family. Kids have even linked up computer to use as computer screen when needed for homework! Wireless connectivity is great. Plenty of ports for uses in the room. picture quality is great. Would purchase again without any doubt.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Great looking Budget TV with a great picture

Spent a few months shopping around comparing between hisense, sony, lg and TCL. After much comparison pulled the trigger on one of these. Glad i did, picture quality is great, sound is above average (still may need a soundbar but it does a good job). Placed it in the bedroom, was bigger than i expected, looks great. Unfortunately no 100hz refresh rate but that's expected with a $899 tv. Android tv is quick and works fluidly.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Great value for money

Great tv good sound quality, you can connect your Xbox, DVD player easily for a cheaper brand it has great picture quality it does lack the screen saver so don't pause video or games to long as burns image to screen but overall it is great value for the price.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

a little frustrated

Picture quality is fine, but the drawbacks we have discovered are:
The TV itself takes soooo long to start up
We have experienced significant and very frequent lags and freezing when using it with Netflix and Stan - I wonder if anyone else has had similar problems.
Overall, although a very affordable TV, we are certainly not completely happy with our purchase :(

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Picture perfect

The quality of pictures is amazing, makes movies so much better watching on our TCL we got an absolute bargain for it from Jb hi fi!! The quality is really good so it’s hard going back to a normal tv after owning a TCL would definitely by this brand again

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Perfect and cheap tv

I am so satisfied with the quality of the picture . T has everything i expected on my Budget.

You cannot find any difference in quality to other Big brands. Picture quality is top notch, Sound and sleek design. handy, swaps from app to app seamlessly. I highly recommend it

Date PurchasedDec 2017

extremely happy

The picture quality I find is great, speakers are great I have not had any problem what so ever with my tv. ample of ports to do everything I could want. it is a smart TV and for the affordable price I paid for the unit i honestly am extremely happy. it is definitely a tv that i would recommend to for a friend to buy that's for sure.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Wonderful TV

We absolutely love this TV, We have had it around a year now and it's so handy, swaps from app to app seamlessly. The picture is clear, the volume is high enough that I don't need a extra speaker attached.
We have no complaints at all with this TV or the company. Both are great and I do recommend both this TV and the company.
We got it from good guys who are always great to deal with.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

The sound sometimes brakes down like no sound then sound like it is stuttering

My tv has been turning off randomly And when playing a HDR video on Netflix the brightness Keeps going up and down what can I do to fix this
if under warranty don't just hassle TCL but keep chasing up the retailer you purchased it from. TCL are rubbish this is how it starts it will be non stop problems.

Sleep mode keeps coming up on my tv how do I turn it of please
I couldn't get the TCL to work properly and fully for the 3 months we had it so eventually after continued complaining JB hifi swapped it for a Sony thats been perfect. TCL were not willing to do anything worst customer service I have ever experienced I will never buy another of their products EVER.The sleep timer is in settings => screensaver

TCL 70C2US (70")TCL 65C2US (65")TCL 55C2US (55")TCL 49C2US (49")TCL 75C2US (75")
Category4K Ultra HD TVs4K Ultra HD TVs4K Ultra HD TVs4K Ultra HD TVs4K Ultra HD TVs
Price (RRP) $2,999$2,699$1,599$1,199$4,299
Screen Size 70"65"55"49"75"
Screen TypeLED/LCD LED/LCD LED/LCD LED/LCD LED/LCD
Type of TVHDR Compatible and Smart TVHDR Compatible and Smart TVHDR Compatible and Smart TVHDR Compatible and Smart TVHDR Compatible and Smart TV
Wireless OptionsBluetooth and Wi-FiBluetooth and Wi-FiBluetooth and Wi-FiBluetooth and Wi-FiBluetooth and Wi-Fi
Refresh Rate 50/60Hz50/60Hz50/60Hz50/60Hz50/60Hz
Number of HDMI Ports33333
Number of USB Ports22222
Wall MountableYesYesYesYesYes
Weight29.3 kg23.2 kg18.5 kg18 kg32 kg
Operating System Android TVAndroid TVAndroid TVAndroid TVAndroid TV
Dimensions (without stand) 947.2 x 1562 x 63 mm874.6 x 1453 x 59 mm751 x 1232 x 57.8 mm670.2 x 1098 x 52.6 mm1009.8 x 1674 x 63 mm
Dimensions (with stand) 996.3 x 1562 x 339.7 mm914 x 1453 x 326 mm790.2 x 1232 x 242.5 mm710.2 x 1098 x 202.5 mm1056.4 x 1674 x 363 mm
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)

Download manual