TCL P6 Series

See the Best 4K Ultra HD TVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Good value for money

Purchased from Bing Lee, this is a great tv, a good size for our small unit and good value for money.
We got this for 2 reasons, we needed a larger tv and we wanted access to Netflix & YouTube so both boxes ticked.
Very easy to put together and set up. The only downside is the slow start up and the extra long, slimline remote, but these are minor annoyances and not enough to ruin the experience.
The set has good sound and a very clear picture.

Purchased in July 2019 at Bing Lee Physical store for $595.00.

Great value for money

This is a really great cost effective smart tv. It has enough ports to attach everything plus built in apps and Netflix button. Sound and picture quality is great. It’s easy to use. Only issue is sometimes program info will reappear on the screen for a few seconds when nothing was pressed.

Purchased in March 2019 at Costco SA, Adelaide for $779.00.

Great for the price

Got it new on eBay and have been very happy. Picture, sound and features very good. I have had only one problem and that was loading Prime video app would not load but I cast it from my phone and works well.

Purchased in July 2019 at Ebay.

Not bad for the price

Pros .
* Cheap
* Netflix
Cons
*T-Cast does not work with windows 10
* No Stan App
* No Google Play .
Not sure if android or roku streamer.
Overall I am happy with my purchase as currently do not use stan.
And I could always add a Chromecast to it

Purchased in May 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $495.00.

Sound Quality

Its got a good picture, but you HAVE to go into the settings !!

OK, so I wanted a 4K TV for the bedroom and some reviews gave this model good marks.
I will also point out that I wanted low cost, and I purchased mine online, delivered, for around $470 Au. Out of the box, it looks like one of those super slim latest models, the top two thirds of it is like, pencil thin, the lower third, a lot more boxey. So I wall mounted mine, connected the cables and turned it on.
The picture looked very dull to average and the sound very shrill with about zero bass !
So I started exploring the setup menu. All the usual settings are there, and a lot of other ones. Fortunately they are nearly all within their main groups, that is anything to do with picture / video settings are together. There are sub menus within menus, so don't miss those !. So with the picture I started playing with all the settings and the picture started brightening up. I go for the most vivid and bright picture ( I hate dull ), and yes, I started to see major changes. I also noticed that video settings that I didn't think would make any difference to the brightness did. So you need to click on every single setting, change it ( which fortunately seems to be in the real time ) and look at the results and then keep or revert the new settings. Don't forget the sub menus... After the changes the results were a much more vivid picture. ( you need / may have to change the inputs from TV to HDMI 1 / 2, and check whether those inputs video settings have changed or need changing ). The sound setup was similar, but a lot less settings, there is a bass boost and a few others, so I changed those, but its still I feel pretty poor. I've ordered a dirt cheap sound bar to see if it can improve it, as its nearly impossible to sound much worse.
The TVs internet connection bit, well I don't use that at all. I have an Nvidea Shield box, and nothing else compares to that. It works very well with this TV and I now have a bright vivid picture.
The TCL remote is OK as well, its kinda natural in function and has a nice bit where when you scroll down from say channel 9 to 3 to 2 to 1 etc it goes to HDMI 2 then HDMI 1, then high number channels.
The sets start up time is fine, and I don't use fast start ( in the menus !! )
So this is a $470.00 delivered 43" 4k HDR TV, is it worth the money, absolutely, but you MUST spend the time setting it up.....
( Please Note - the pictures are to show the image quality - the menu interface picture is from using an Nvidea Shield with this TV )

Purchased in June 2019 for $470.00.

Not Worth Buying

Purchased this TV from Bing Lee and gave it back the next day, the TV had a major volume delay problem and the internet browser lagged so much that you could have a coffee break before getting any website results, the remote was very unusual as it was very long and lacked its user friendly attributes, also it was advertised as having Bluetooth sound but it never did hence my reason for returning it, overall I probably would recommend this low budget TV for someone that wouldn't expect too much for what they've paid for.

Purchased in June 2019 at Bing Lee Physical store for $495.00.

Sound Quality

This thing is amazing, with the top notch energy saving

First thing first, I must say this tv is easy to set up and with all kind of connectivity that you might expect, especially the buildt in chromecast. You can pretty much cast anything from your mobile phone, not just it is smooth and fast, but the latency is good and stable. The amount of HDMI port is also quick a lot and most importantly you can switch between content very easily.

The only thing I dislike is that there is no play store built in and the startup time is a bit too long to my liking.

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys for $795.00.

Sound Quality

Great TV for a small price

I am very happy with my purchase. Bought this TV for $500, so great price with good picture quality and sound. Overall it's a great TV but expect some lagging at times.

Purchased in August 2018 at The Good Guys Physical store for $500.00.

Awesome TV experience

I'm totally satisfied with the options it has such as quick access to Netflix, youtube etc. The other App variety is commendable. Picture quality is really good for the price we paid and in comparison with another TV 4k where the picture quality is very poor. Wireless connectivity is used all the time and did not come across connectivity issues at all. It has all the ports required and works fine with our speakers and sub woofer too. The only negativity that I have is the time it takes to switch on and change channels.

Purchased in December 2018 for $600.00.

Amazing 65" 4k TV for under 1K

Very happy with our purchase today. Brilliant TV, and for under 1k (shopped around, got a price match).

Only issue was Netflix not loading, but then I plugged LAN cable in and it connected fine. I think Netflix might detect 4k and the wifi connection was not quick enough to handle it. Switching to ethernet fixed that.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for $995.00.

Sound Quality

A fair bit of tweaking required and very slow start up.

While this TV was at a really good price for 65", it did show why in the software and display. TV's are always coming down in price as tech advances. I got a great deal on this one with The Good Guys retail store.
The saying stands "you pay for what you get".
The software that runs this (android based) is super slow in start up. It takes a good couple of minutes unless to turn on. There is a mode that enables quick boot but we have issues with the audio codecs not working right. The display is 4K enabled which does work but I had to tweak the settings a lot. The display was very VERY dim and had to turn up a lot of settings to make it look less like what you would see from a projector.
TCL is a good brand but this UHD TV did not meet my expectations. I think more work needs to be done perhaps on the CPU and perhaps defaulting better settings.

Purchased in June 2018 at The Good Guys Physical store for $1,500.00.

Sound Quality

Cant believe how good this TV is

Having never heard of TCL I took the salesman's advice in selecting this model TV. We had a Sony Bravia Full HD and had always thought the picture quality was brilliant, but once we turned on the TCL it was clear how superior the Ultra is over the Full HD.

Add to that the amazingly simple Smart TV operation and you get an idea how good this television really is. Could not be happier with our choice and the ONLY slight negative is the length of time it takes between turning it on and the device being usable. It was quite a surprise, but then again I guess it is like a computer booting up and takes about the same amount of time.

All in all I highly recommended this product and I couldnt be happier

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys Physical store for $573.00.

Ok for cost

I bought a tcl as i was recommended by a friend. I am not that happy with it as the picture quality isnt as good a i wanted . Will choose better next tv

Purchased in November 2018 for $550.00.

Wouldnt buy again

Its a TV it does the job, but so far I've had to contact tcl twice regarding different issues. They are a bit slow with their customer service; they said theyd call back in 24-48 hours, i had to call them 4 days later and sort it out. Safe to say would never purchase from them again. First issue started after 2 weeks of use and now 5 months of use.

Purchased in September 2018 for $1,100.00.

Great TV at a bargain!

Bargain! Purchased this 4k TV for under $500 online. What is there to complain about! Great TV for it's price point with decent picture and sound quality. Tip, if you dont expect too much out of it for it's price point, go for it. If your expectations are higher than average, I suggest you fork out a few hundred dollars $$$ more on another brand. Works perfectly fine, starts up great but expect a bit of lag on occasions, given it's running Android. Overall, very decent TV!

Purchased in February 2019.

Sound Quality

Decent TV with some stability issues

Purchased this tv on special from Good Guys via Ebay. Got 10% off an already discounted rate around Black Friday sale. Tv works decently for the price.

Some of the issues are the same as what others have stated in reviews. TV can be slow to power on with Android OS having to load up. Speed of internal smarts also leaves a little to be desired. Ive found it can take a while for the catch up tv services to activate once turned on, meaning that to wait to access the catch up TV services (freeview or built in catch up apps such as Iview). Ive also noticed on a handfull of occasions that the voice is quite out of sync with video on free to air. I generally have to powering off the tv to rectify this. Ive also noticed that the network side of things can be slow to kick in. I have the tv connected via network cable,as wireless streaming is poor where tv is located. The network can take a good minute to activate once power up meaning you have to wait to open any streaming app such as Netflix or You tube. The Android OS can also be a little sluggish to navigate.

Image quality is quite good, though HDR is quite weak with brightness not being great. The internal speakers are also very poor and tinny sounding. I will need to add a sound bar to replace them. Im hoping a firmware update to the latest version of Android TV may fix some of the performance issues. For the money its a reasonable tv, bolstered by the 3 year warranty but with recent clear out sales, i would have bought either a Samsung or LG for the same price i got this for.

Overall i wouldn't recommend this particular model, instead opting for the next model up which supports Wide Colour Gammut for a better image and a better CPU and speaker for better smart tv performance and sound.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

TCL

We brought the TV in 2017 and we were told it was a good TV. It's not too bad ,but I would not recommend it?Not everything works on it you need to have a digital antenna to watch the TV.It has enough ports no wifi and I just don't like it.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Works great!

Every feature of the TV works exactly how it should, quality of the display is great!
Would recommend for anyone looking for a relatively cheap TV.
Wireless on the TV works great, has the right amount of ports. Everything just works like it is meant to
Extremely happy with my purchase.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Xmas present

Happy with the tv and have set it up to function how I prefer. Only draw back is the remote as it takes about 30 secs to 60 secs to show on screen. It has a good selection of ports I purchased a sound bar and works very well as the speaker in the tv is a little weak. Was a half price purchase as it was on a 1 day sale.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Not perfect, but good UHD and HDR10 performance.

I rarely watch free to air TV, and all my content is played through my Shield TV, keeping that in mind I've found the UHD and the HDR10 output on this panel excellent. My neighbour purchased a 55" Sony panel the same week I purchased this TV, and I can't see any noticeable difference in image quality despite paying twice the price.

Prior to purchasing the TCL I owned a new release 2018 generic panel (branded Blaupunkt). The TCL in every respect is light years better than a generic TV (in terms of picture quality, sound quality, menu system attractiveness, backlight consistency).

Some have mentioned the slow startup time of 1 minute for this TV. This can be increased to 22 seconds by going into the "ANDROID TV" menu and selecting "Power" and turning on "fast startup". Anything below 30 seconds is a good result for a smart TV.

This series features backlight dimming, that works very well. It's particularly nice when watching letterboxed movies which enables the black bars to appear pitch black. I've found the "micro dimming" feature gives very unpleasant results and thus keep this option disabled.

The user manual is very basic. Many features that this TV has, such as ARC, are not referenced at all in the user manual.

Date PurchasedOct 2018