Tefal Oleoclean Pro FR804060

Tefal Oleoclean Pro FR804060

MPN: 35905434

See the Best Deep Fryers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Gordon W.

Gordon W.MacGregor 2615, ACT

Does what is says - but a tad large

The fryer works very well to cook everything we have tried including battered fish; crumbed fish; chips; potato gems; schnitzels; battered chicken; papadums and deep fried ice cream.
The best thing about the product is the oil cleaning feature. Basically the oil is drained through a fine filter into a storage container. Then you clean the left overs out of the cooking area. That means the oil stays really fresh; doesn't get smelly or smokey.
The downside is that it is a really big piece of kit - takes up a lot of bench/cupboard space.

Purchased in August 2019 at The Good Guys Physical store for $147.00.

Reem

Reem

Love this fryer!!

I honestly love this fryer i used to have a much smaller one that was really good but i would have to keep waiting for my first batch to finish before putting a second batch because you cant fit that much in there but with this fryer its so big that once i’m done with my first batch i’m done cooking .I also love that this comes with an oil box which makes it easy to clean after frying and filters out any crumbs while also letting me reuse my oil and its so fast so i don’t have to wait forever just to eat like a couple others i’ve used

Purchased in August 2019 at Myer Online Store for $199.00.

Eric C.

Eric C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great size home deep fryer!

Needed a new deep fryer due to moving into a new apartment. It is totally worthwhile paying the extra money for the auto oil drain feature. It is bulky but easy to move around and store particularly as oil is locked away safe so won’t spill.

Purchased in June 2019 at Myer Online Store for $149.00.

Jennifer CSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wish i didn't have this

I agree with SuzP i cannot get my chips nice and crisp and crunchy no matter what type of oil i purchase. I have a air fryer which cooks better than this. My husband bought it for me!!!!! say no more

Purchased in May 2019.

MG

MGGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fit for purpose

Works well, wish it got hotter and had a better heat up time once food went in. Oil cleaning is OK, only paid an additional $10 for the feature vs the similar breville without. Wouldn't justify much more than that. Also a big unit comparatively, may not be worth the extra storage space for some.

Purchased in April 2019.

csutak40Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

It was good while it lasted, edit: still great!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Sorry I wasted my money!!

I have been cooking oven baked chips for years & after purchasing a Tefal Deep Fryer I will continue to do so! Why did I waste my money? ? Not only on the fryer but on 3 different types of oil, every variety of potato including frozen chips. Not once did we we get a lovely crisp chip with a fluffy centre. Last night I again cooked my chips in the oven with just a light spray of oil & they were delish! Anyone out there want a deep fryer as I'm giving it away!

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Only easy to clean if you have a dishwasher and can wait at least 4hrs - apparently

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Terry J.

Terry J.Narellan Vale

Disappointed, has 2 significant flaws

Date PurchasedDec 2017

RobertGlenorchy

Excellent deep fryer Best on the market

Best deep fryer on the market , Should’ve bought one ages ago , Easy to clean love the oil filtration and storage system , Going to buy an extra oil box for different oil . It’s worth the price compared to the cheaper and or well known brands if you want an easy clean and oil filtration system

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Ken

KenMelbourne

Absolutely getting the fried fix fixed!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Graham JohnsonMoonah

Excellent deep fryer

We recently bought a Tefal Oleoclean Pro deep fryer from The God Guys and are thrilled with ti. It filters the oil into a tank which sits in the bottom of the unit. The cooker has a timer and a digital thermostat which works well and it holds 4 litres of oil. It is not particularly cheap, but well worth it. The retail price is $279. We find that it cooks perfectly with the settings as set out in the user book which is written in any language one would wish for. Would highly recommend this unit to anyone wanting a cooker which filters the oil to keep it clean.

Graham Johnson

I had the price wrong, it should have been $179. It is still giving us excellent results. Graham Johnson.

Sammie

SammieVermont South

Needs a Red and Green light

I love deep fryers and this one is by far the most user friendly. Simple on/off button and temperature gauge. I don't like the new ones with pictures of chicken, fish, chips, etc. I like numbers. The only problem is the light goes off when the fryer is ready which is fine except you can't know that it's still one and many of us has made the mistake of forgetting to turn it off. That's probably why some of the other users have blown theirs up. My son made a great suggestion. Have a green light on when it's ready and the red when it's heating. That way we know the machine is on.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Navarth

NavarthBrisbane

Great fryer with problems

We've had the last 3 versions of this fryer and all have been great, with one common problem. The lid is not dishwasher safe, the aluminium filter screen disintegrates in the dishwasher!
We sent a query to Tefal online and they didn't respond.
It's the only complaint about this device, so If we don't want splashes of hot oil spraying out of the now vacant filter opening, we'll have to buy a fourth

Date PurchasedAug 2014
Michael

Michael

Love the filter.

Best fryer I've had obviously because of the filter option which honestly I find saves u money in the long run because u won't throw out your oil as often also it's built with good quality & all the part are dishwasher friendly except the element but you just wipe it down.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

First fryer we've owned; very happy.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Shane
Shane

Same problem

Bought this unit from Harvey Norman on the 23/8/2014, used it infrequently, let's say 20 times, since then to Deep fry chips or squid. Went to use it on Saturday, no luck. Did what it said and pressed the reset button, Nothing. Gotta buy something else or go back to frying in the pan.

Shani

ShaniPerth

Best Deep Fryer

We don't eat a lot of fried food but occasionally we will and this fryer is the bomb! I love the fact that once it has been used I can filter the oil back into the container and wash everything! So the oil is not left sitting in the fryer....brilliant

613511Sydney

worked for while then blew up

While it worked it was excellent. I only used it once every few weeks, after having it for 18 months it has blown up. of course just after the warranty has finished. I would have thought should last longer than this. Fairly hopeless, only thing to do now is buy a new one, quite annoying.

It didn't work

I was very excited to buy a Tefal Oleoclean Pro FR804060 yesterday afternoon from Harvey Norman. I took it home to cook my dinner and just like recent reviewer itib76, it did not work. I waited and tried the reset button but nothing happened. I ended up using my big saucepan instead. My family and I were very disappointed.

Steve

Steveasked

My mum have a Tefal model F36-c, when she turn it on there is a beeping sound and 02 is on the display. It's relatively new as she don't use it (for a longtime now) u have clean it myself to make sure nothing is dirty and the noise is still there when I plugged it back in.
Can someone advise what the problem could be?
Thanks in advance
Steve

Jennifer C

Sounds like the timer..press the black button twice until it reverts back to 0.00. Hopefully that will work

csutak40

If not, phoning Telfal may help

arnie

arnieasked

i need a new heating element and timer for my tefal deep fryer model no 804060
were to buy and how much

csutak40

I think you need to get in touch with Tefal, to find out if they sell them or where they send their repairs, and you may be able to buy from them

Lou

Louasked

is the basket made of stainless steel. if not what is it made of

csutak40

I thought I've answered this already:
I am not sure, but presume so, as the manual says: All the parts (except the control unit) are dishwasher safe. Sorry, can't fish it out ATM to have a look to say if there is a mark on the basket saying what it is, as I have a bulging disk ATM :-(
I presume you could phone them and they would tell you
Actually, just Googled... https://www.tefal.com.au/Cooking-appliances/Fryers/Oleoclean-Pro-FR8040/p/7211001657
Bowl coating Stainless steel

Get an answer from our members and Tefal representatives

CategoryDeep Fryers