Tefal Oleoclean Pro FR8040

MPN: FR8040

3.8

Sammy Y.

Sammy Y.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best Fryer On The MARKET!

Cooks evenly everytime! the oil stays fresh and clean with its filtering system. Everything just works! easy to clean and store away. makes frying a breeze and a household essential!

Purchased in March 2020 at Myer for A$150.00.

Love2BakeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

congratulations Tefal you’ve done it again! Another quality appliance

The Tefal oleoclean fryer cooks really nice crunchy chips, and has a good size basket.
This appliance is lightweight, and easy to store away once you have drained the oil, takes up minimal room I love the idea of the container that the oil drains into as it really filters the oil well for continuous use,
Only negative is you have to be
careful when pouring the oil
back into the fryer when you want to use it again ,because the lid tends to pop off if you have not pressed it down (tight enough )and it can get really messy.

Purchased in December 2019 at Myer for A$149.00.

Dunk

DunkMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Big is best

I've been looking for a big fryer to get them meals done quicker, well my wait is over... love this product easy to use & set up. The only issue is it stands tall in bench and short person like myself might struggle to see in the window, but a little step ladder fixed that

Purchased in May 2020 at Bing Lee Physical store for A$159.00.

ScammedPerth

Cry over spilt oil

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys for A$149.00.

Scammed

Just waiting for bin collection now

Oldsalt

OldsaltMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

After a few years can be dangerous

I bought this on 24th July 2018. On 17th Feb 2020 I noticed that a large percentage of the fine mesh filter wire in the lid was missing. I shook the lid and found that numerous bits of the mesh wire became dislodged. I was aware that wire bristles from a BBQ brush have caused serious illness after being accidentally consumed, hence I believe that the wire particles falling into the oil also has the potential to be consumed. If you have one of these, please check that the fine mesh filter is still intact and if not, don't use it. I have reported the matter to the ACCC and Tefal, neither have responded.

Purchased in July 2018 for A$179.00.

Shelley

Shelley

Its perfect cooking

Big cooker with fast cooking.
Nice and tasty food comes from this cooker.
Oil draining container is excellent.
The oil filter is great you can re use the oil.
Its also easy to clean.
The cooking temperature is good as well.
I got one as a wedding present,
We have used it many times already

El ReyBrisbane

Good fryer - if you like large fry ups

Purchased in August 2019 at The Good Guys.

Gordon W.

Gordon W.MacGregor 2615, ACT

Does what is says - but a tad large

The fryer works very well to cook everything we have tried including battered fish; crumbed fish; chips; potato gems; schnitzels; battered chicken; papadums and deep fried ice cream.
The best thing about the product is the oil cleaning feature. Basically the oil is drained through a fine filter into a storage container. Then you clean the left overs out of the cooking area. That means the oil stays really fresh; doesn't get smelly or smokey.
The downside is that it is a really big piece of kit - takes up a lot of bench/cupboard space.

Purchased in August 2019 at The Good Guys Physical store for A$147.00.

Parent

Parent

Love this fryer!!

I honestly love this fryer i used to have a much smaller one that was really good but i would have to keep waiting for my first batch to finish before putting a second batch because you cant fit that much in there but with this fryer its so big that once i’m done with my first batch i’m done cooking .I also love that this comes with an oil box which makes it easy to clean after frying and filters out any crumbs while also letting me reuse my oil and its so fast so i don’t have to wait forever just to eat like a couple others i’ve used

Purchased in August 2019 at Myer Online Store for A$199.00.

Eric C.

Eric C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great size home deep fryer!

Needed a new deep fryer due to moving into a new apartment. It is totally worthwhile paying the extra money for the auto oil drain feature. It is bulky but easy to move around and store particularly as oil is locked away safe so won’t spill.

Purchased in June 2019 at Myer Online Store for A$149.00.

Jennifer C

Jennifer CSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wish i didn't have this

I agree with SuzP i cannot get my chips nice and crisp and crunchy no matter what type of oil i purchase. I have a air fryer which cooks better than this. My husband bought it for me!!!!! say no more

Purchased in May 2019.

MG

MGGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fit for purpose

Works well, wish it got hotter and had a better heat up time once food went in. Oil cleaning is OK, only paid an additional $10 for the feature vs the similar breville without. Wouldn't justify much more than that. Also a big unit comparatively, may not be worth the extra storage space for some.

Purchased in April 2019.

csutak40

csutak40Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

It was good while it lasted, edit: still great!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Sorry I wasted my money!!

I have been cooking oven baked chips for years & after purchasing a Tefal Deep Fryer I will continue to do so! Why did I waste my money? ? Not only on the fryer but on 3 different types of oil, every variety of potato including frozen chips. Not once did we we get a lovely crisp chip with a fluffy centre. Last night I again cooked my chips in the oven with just a light spray of oil & they were delish! Anyone out there want a deep fryer as I'm giving it away!

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Only easy to clean if you have a dishwasher and can wait at least 4hrs - apparently

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Terry J.

Terry J.Narellan Vale

Disappointed, has 2 significant flaws

Date PurchasedDec 2017

RobertGlenorchy

Excellent deep fryer Best on the market

Best deep fryer on the market , Should’ve bought one ages ago , Easy to clean love the oil filtration and storage system , Going to buy an extra oil box for different oil . It’s worth the price compared to the cheaper and or well known brands if you want an easy clean and oil filtration system

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Ken

KenMelbourne

Absolutely getting the fried fix fixed!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Graham JohnsonHobart, TAS

Excellent deep fryer

We recently bought a Tefal Oleoclean Pro deep fryer from The God Guys and are thrilled with ti. It filters the oil into a tank which sits in the bottom of the unit. The cooker has a timer and a digital thermostat which works well and it holds 4 litres of oil. It is not particularly cheap, but well worth it. The retail price is $279. We find that it cooks perfectly with the settings as set out in the user book which is written in any language one would wish for. Would highly recommend this unit to anyone wanting a cooker which filters the oil to keep it clean.

Graham Johnson

I had the price wrong, it should have been $179. It is still giving us excellent results. Graham Johnson.

Sammie

SammieVermont South

Needs a Red and Green light

I love deep fryers and this one is by far the most user friendly. Simple on/off button and temperature gauge. I don't like the new ones with pictures of chicken, fish, chips, etc. I like numbers. The only problem is the light goes off when the fryer is ready which is fine except you can't know that it's still one and many of us has made the mistake of forgetting to turn it off. That's probably why some of the other users have blown theirs up. My son made a great suggestion. Have a green light on when it's ready and the red when it's heating. That way we know the machine is on.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Steph

Stephasked

Can someone please help? Oil filtration isn’t releasing the oil into the Oil box! Oil is cool and I have turned the dial to the right that says automatic oil filtration.

I just received my tefal oleoclean deep fryer, and used it for the first time at lunch time. Left the dial on oil filtration after 3 hours and by night time, oil still not drained. What am I missing? Looked up YouTube and google, nothing helps my issue. Did I not remove something?? Appreciate any tips
SW

Love2Bake

Hi Steph , sounds like your filter grid is blocked, this has never happened to me but I suppose it depends on what you cooked in it, make sure fryer is unplugged ,now that it’s cold put a glove on and
try moving the crumbs away from the drain filter grid to unblock it ,you might need to do this a couple of times till it unblocks
If that doesn’t work empty oil in another container, clean filter with soapy warm water and press valve underneath to unblock it and release whatever is trapped.
good luck.

Sue Masked

About to use my oleoclean pro for the first time but im a bit confused about the automatic oil draining..do I switch it when finished cooking while oil is still hot, or do I wait 3 hours

El Rey

Wait till the oil has cooled. Also I once stuffed up and started refilling the oil while the dial was set to 'Remove the Reservoir' which is NOT GOOD. So be paranoid about making sure the dial is set to the right position at all times.

Sue M

Thanks for that, think I will put tray under the machine till I know what I'm doing

Lida

Lidaasked

My tefal oleoclean is making a beeping sound whilst not switched on. How do I stop this beeping?

El Rey

The only thing I can think of is if the timer has been set - either deliberately or unintentionally, and it is going off after you have finished cooking. The timer is the small display screen and the black button near the temperature dial. It beeps softly when it reaches the time you have entered in.

Get an answer from our members and Tefal representatives