Verifiedtelstra.com.au

1.5

Angela F.
Angela F.Sydney, NSW

Jarod from telstra

I had to cancel our internet at my fathers house, and called the 13 number. Spoke to Jarod. He was so helpful and pleasant. Very helpful.
Jessi
Jessi

Appalling customer service

I've just spent over three hours trying to purchase internet for my house. I had multiple different errors trying to log in online and proceed. I then tried messaging them through the app and I was on there for nearly 2 hours, each time I waited for their reply for several minutes... then I asked to speak to a manager and that took over 20 minutes. When they finally got there and promised to finalise my purchase they said it would take a further 20 minutes. I am livid. I will be calling on monday morning to work out how to make a formal complaint - they refused to answer me when I asked multiple times how to make a complaint. I've had some pretty dismal experiences with telcos but this really takes the cake.
James
JamesSouth East Queensland, QLD56 posts

Data stolen given excuses

How Telstra or any Telco gets away with taking data when there website says “Unused data will roll over on recharge before expiry” only to then say “on next recharge any unused data will be forfeited on next recharge” so not only is it a contradiction it is theft in my opinion!

Not only is this information “HIDDEN” you have to be told where this information is before it is not clearly made clear when recharging or looking at the plans available.

They will only give me $35 for over 190GB of data they said was “forfeited” ummm no that is NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

thegong
thegongIllawarra, NSW13 posts

Perfect and bulletproof!

Upgraded from 50Mbit NBN to Telstra 5G Home 8 months ago and it's great and 4-5 times faster and cheaper than NBN 100Mbit with no dropouts!
Tc
TcHunter Region, NSW14 posts

Nth Suburbs Melbourne
Nth Suburbs MelbourneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts

Awesome Value - SuperFast Speeds - Stable

Made the decision to move from a 50/20 NBN ($85-$90p.m) connection and try Telstra 5G Home Internet ($85p.m). WOW! What a difference! At 8PM i ran speedtest three times and averaged just over 700 Down/120 Up. I live very close to the tower and i run CAT8 ethernet cable which is really important. Risk free trial of this service is excellent (First month is free), received router in under 48 hours (Sydney to Melbourne). Give it a go if it is available in your area.
Paul
PaulMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

5g Telstra home wireless

Got my 5g modem wireless yesterday cant beleave this is amazing my average download speeds are
580mbps uploads speeds are 78mbps simply amazing. AAA+
Philip M.
Philip M.Perth, WA

Telstra very disorganised, modem linked to another address

Ordered 5g home internet from Telstra.. was very excited to have fast internet as I have 5g tower 60 meters from my house. Unfortunately, it was ridiculously slow. Spent 2.5 hours trying to resolve the issue with telstra and was passed around 7 different people with no resolution. Turns out it is linked to another in address in a different state so is ‘geo locked’ … whatever that means. Tried to change address on the Telstra app but surprise surprise that doesn’t work either. Have gave up now and cancelled unfortunately : (
Mark
MarkSydney, NSW2 posts

Zac Ingall
Zac IngallMetropolitan Adelaide, SA9 posts

500mb/s speeds without a cable, amazing if there's reception

Amazing how fast mobile speeds have gotten and now it's easily embarrassing the NBN which can cost $10,000 to just have fitted to a premises. Data is still an issue but hopefully it becomes unlimited in a few years time as this becomes more popular.
Joe
JoePerth, WA2 posts

5G a farce and terrible Customer Service!

Have had issues with our 5g wireless with Telstra from day1. Hardly ever get the promised speeds, 5G connection an issue in spite of being in an area surrounded by a few towers. Customer service is terribly slow, confusing and a time waster! All in all i am an unhappy customer. Keep getting passed over from one area to another. It's been a rough ride!
ReviewDiva
ReviewDiva2 posts

Wifi? What wifi!

I moved a month ago and since being with Telstra wireless broadband, I have experienced nothing but the pinwheel!
On and on it goes. Constantly drops out and I can't run more than one laptop at a time.
The box is in the eoptimal.location but yet the 5G light has "NEVER" illuminated.
Most recently I lost a court hearing because the judge couldn't hear what I was saying in time and when he did he though I was talking over him.
Also when I did sign up the rep was as rude as the day is long.

WORST CONNECTION EVER!!!! Don't sign up for this shocking lack of service!

Arash
ArashSydney, NSW13 posts

High speed

We get really good speed compared to TPG that we are cancelling now. For us it is usually more than 100mbps. It’s a bit more expensive than other providers but I think it’s worth it.
Gareth
GarethCanberra10 posts

Customer service is rubbish

Website says "You can now cancel your plan without having to message us." And now I've been dragged into a useless conversation with customer support because that's apparently a flat out lie.
Crazykleetus
CrazykleetusMetropolitan Adelaide, SA7 posts

Great speeds only downside is it’s not unlimited data

This is the first month using Telstra home 5G. The speeds are great. The only reason I haven’t given it 5 stars is that it’s limited to 1 TB data. If it was unlimited it’d get 5 stars.