Thai Airways

Thai Airways

See the Best International Airlines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Rahul

RahulPerth, WA

Smooth as silk??? For sure!

• +6

Warren

WarrenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

On board service

nohassles

nohasslesCountry VIC

mixed experience

My experience on two recent economy flights on 2 different aircraft with Thai airways is mixed.

Seating on the Boeing 777-300 was awful. The seats were very hard and rows very close. I am not overly tall with 5'11", but my knees were in constant contact with the seat in front of me.

The second leg was on an Airbus 350-900? What a difference! Very comfy seats and generous leg room -at least for economy.

I had 2 main meals and 2 breakfasts. For mains I had curries expecting something half decent from an East Asian Airline. However the mains were disappointing. Breakfasts were even worse. The scrambled egg was atrocious and of a weird texture.

Gail

GailAU

Not interested in anything but money

I recently was in Phuket and slipped in the bathroom. I was taken to hospital in a lot of pain. I had a contusion of the thorax. The Dr at the hospital said I could fly home but stated in his report I needed to go business class as I couldn’t move around very well. The insurance covered my upgrade. When checking in I showed the girl my Drs report but they would not allow my husband to accompany me. We had to pay for his upgrade which was $1600. I wrote to Thai Airways but they were not at all interested. I realise that you don’t get anything for nothing but business class was by no means full and I think they could have shown a bit of compassion

DestinationPhuket, Mueang Phuket District, Phuket, Thailand

Phil K

Phil KGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Assaulted on flight

On January 10th I was assaulted on a flight from Bangkok to Melbourne by another passenger.
Thai Airways cabin crew responded with a who cares attitude and 3 months after submitting a formal complaint and contacting their office multiple times I am still getting we are investigating the matter and we'll get back to you
Ohhhh famous https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/aussie-attacked-midflight-i-saw-this-fist-flying-toward-my-face/news-story/8131289f2a3c976dd9ab8d1e1195e897

DestinationBangkok, Thailand

Jude

JudePerth, WA

Seat pitch issue Row 56 j & k A330

DestinationPerth WA, Australia

Tarun deep singh

Tarun deep singhGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

poor behavior towards passengers, terrible baggage policies, pathetic and rude behavior towards kids

DestinationNew Delhi, Delhi, India

carol L

carol LGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing service when all hope was lost

zoolala

zoolala

Awful experience with Thai Airways

I took an overnight flight from Bangkok to Melbourne - it was an absolute nightmare. The staff do not respond to the call button and instead chat at the back of the aircraft. The entertainment system in my seat was broken - the flight was not full yet there was reluctance to move me to another seat. The next seat had a problem with the sound. The crew did not seem to care and were extremely arrogant. Have vowed never to fly Thai airways again.

ATn

ATn

flight cancelled and was not informed about it

Very disappointing!

Have used Thai often in the past and was always great. However flight from Bangkok to Brisbane in August 2018 was very disappointing. Inflight service was non existant. Staff were unfriendly.

Sanat

SanatGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Customer service is a big ZERO

Hasan

HasanMelbourne

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER, NO TO THEM FOREVER

Enzo

EnzoWestern Australia

Wrong ticket no money back

Worst Airline, disgusting service never more use this company. I bought a ticket this morning and I checked out with credit card they don't explain what your are buying with details, but just asking payment, after I paid I noted my trip was completely different the date I chose. I called them suddenly and the answer was we can't refound you , You need to pay a fee if you want to delete the transaction.

Olive

OliveGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Would give 0 if I could

Cancelled flight, and blaming the agent. The Customer Service lady was extremely rude, believe me extremely. No sorry, no apologies, instead treated me as a beggar. You have lost a customer. Lost money, anyways, will never use Thai airways in future

Sapi

SapiMelbourne

On phone customer service

Enquired on phone about services on board for baby and the lady was too rude, irresponsible and said oh god.. really unhappy about customer services.

Worst and irresponsible airline!

They change their flight schedule (with looooooong connecting time!!) at very last time when you don't have any other option but to wait and wait. I never recommend anyone to fly with Thai worst airways. just nonsense!

Art

ArtVic, 3381

More expensive but more direct flights

I fly Thai if I can get a good price, it's often worth it if the price increase equalswhat you save on a stopover somewhere. Smooth booking, service, and I like the overnight flights, waking up in Bkk with easy connections.

M.J

M.JPerth

Absolute NO if transferring on this flight

coldkgon