Thai Airways

Thai Airways

See the Best International Airlines in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Thai Airways? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Seat Room
  • Food
  • In-Flight Service
  • In-Flight Entertainment
  • Wi-Fi

Steve
Stevesydney

Never ever fly with this airline.

We booked for travel in 2020 with a large range of providers. Every one has either given us a refund or given worthwhile usable credits. Thai has done neither. They have our money, many thousands of hard earned dollars and provide zero communication or ability to contact them. Not just us, but many others in the same boat. We all paid for our flights instantly and in advance in good faith. They never respond to our emails, and have sent us a couple of meaningless form letter emails. No matter how reasonable the deal, if there is a problem then your money is gone.

Never fly with Thai.

Don't bother

I've tried cancelling my upcoming flight which I purchased on the Flexi option for over a week. There's no way to do it online, they don't answer the phone and don't respond to emails. Looks like I've just lost $1,100. How is this legal? I thought this was a reputable company...

CHA
CHAGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Every thing else was awesome. Just need to be a bit more or organised with the checkin at Melbourne airport and signage

The signage and the disorganisation at the check stage at the melbourne airport was not organised at all. Honestly it made me very angry at that time. The lady who ended up checking me in was good though. Also online checkin system wasn’t working. But the airline cabin crew were very good. Also the staff at the Bangkok airport were great. So overall I am giving them a 5 star review. I would just ask them to sort out the above mentioned issues. The 5 stars are for the cabin crew and the lady who checked me in and the Bangkok airport staff.

Helpful, professional and kind

I'd like to share a positive experience I had with the Thai Airways office in Australia. I booked a flight on a Friday afternoon and discovered in the evening that the incorrect return date from Stockholm to Sydney was on the itinerary. I was very nervous about fixing this up based on the reviews on this website. However, on the Monday morning (6th June) I phoned and only had to wait about 10 minutes before being answered. The person I dealt with couldn't have been more helpful. She was professional, fun and kind and changed the dates without any problem. Well done.

Worst airline ever.

Extremely unprofessional and no customer respect. Have been trying to contact customer service for weeks. Despite many follow up emails, no one bothers to respond. When call their phone number, put on hold for over 30 mins with no answer and then disconnects. Keep repeating message to email to avoid wait over the phone. What a joke. Was calling because you don’t answer the bloody emails. Biggest mistake of my life to buy tickets from them. Stuck now as they won’t even refund.

pb006
pb006

dont travel,never get a refund,insolvent company

Disgusting

Disgusting and pathetic. The customer service number in Australia is completely hopeless. The app and website are just a joke. The lack of information and the abundance of misinformation is just ridiculous. Will try not to fly with Thai airways ever again

Frank
FrankVictoria

Ticket Refunds

Do NOT deal with this company. My wife and I purchased two business class tickets to the value of $11,721 to Rome back in 2019. Thai Airways cancelled these flights due to Corona virus and gave us a choice for a voucher or a full refund. I chose a full refund and to now I still have not received my refund. Thai Airways Melbourne office do not respond to your emails or Phone calls they are a disgrace.

PaulDG
PaulDGAU

Has anyone tried to contact ACCC?

I booked tickets back in March 2020 for a May 2020 flight. I cancelled tickets after they changed flight day to one that was not suitable. I requested that they email me their promise of a refund with approximate date I would receive it after contact person made a promise of refund coming soon. He refused. After many calls, many promises and requests to send email of their promise, no refund received.
Emails requesting action have not been answered and gave up trying to call them after waiting hours on the phone without a pickup.

So my question here is, "Has anyone tried contacting ACCC for their help in resolving this issue?"
If not, maybe if everyone put a complaint in with them something might actually happen.

Dennis
DennisSunshine Coast

Thieves..!

No refund for my 5 round trip tickets worth of $6000 AUD since 2020. Thai Airways Contact Center in Australia ignores all emails and calls. Will try to get refund through credit card company.

Would rate 0 if could

I have still not refunded from 2020 air fares. Disappointing and disgusting service as no one responds to calls or emails. Unprofessional contact details as can not get through. I will never book with this company again and have told everyone I know to never use air Thai.

seagull
seagull

Thieves, pure and simple.

Purchased flights from London to NZ in 2020, which were promptly cancelled by Thai airways a few days later. Over two years later, still no refund for those flights. Customer service rebuts any contact with 'We are in the rehabilitation process and cannot give you a timeframe' - it is clear that they never intend to refund or even credit their customers.

Find out how Thai Airways compares to other International Airlines

Worst airline ever dealt with

They never reply to emails, do not answer the phone often and when they do they lie saying they will follow up and never do. They cancelled 2 flights and we have been waiting ~2 years for refund. Never fly with them, terrible companies like this deserve to fold.

Ari
Ari

The worst airline ever! Financially unstable. Customer Service sucks

Booked a flight only to be cancelled less than 24 hrs later. More than 1.5 years, I haven’t receive the refund as yet. Whilst other airlines made the effort to refund me in less than 3 mos. They recently have undergone bankruptcy and liquidation. You might as well book a boat going to your destination than chosing this Airline. Don’t burn your money. Avoid at all cost!

Vamsidhar R.
Vamsidhar R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst experience with Thai customer service

Hi this is my personal experience with thai air lines customer service with out properly addressing my problem when I was explaining about my ticket she directly said doesn’t matter and she cut the call . If u guys spending money go for some other airlines don’t prefer thai

rinoasked

Hello Can you tell me why is Thai Airways. Are price gouging (or put their prices up) on some of your flight. I been looking to travel with Thai Airways back to Thailand around mid December. Like from Melbourne to Bangkok on and around 17/12/2020. On Flight TG462 and Flight TG466 Fares show i can purchase a Value and it show me at $825.60 and seat at this price only 2 availability and you have sold 26 seats. But when i look at Flight TG 462 on 19/12/2020 you have allegedly sold 19 but the Fare for this is a Flexi Price is $915.60. If i don"t get a response from Thai Airways Manager Director. I will post less on Facebook.

rino

Hello I also see reviews been posted how very rude is your staff at Melbourne Airport food, on board is below average. Can you tell me what's gone wrong in the last 4 years. Once Thai Airways was up in the top 5.

Nunzio La Bianca
Nunzio La Biancaasked

How do I check my booking

Fire
Fire

You can check in online the day before. However you won't know if your seat will be broken or not. A reasonable person would expect a functional seat and working in flight entertainment.

Terriasked

Can yu take your own pillow on Thai airways

Sorry I meant take your own pillow on Thai airways