The Club Group

The Club Group

No Customer Service AT ALL!

My membership was meant to be placed on hold while i was on holiday
Came back to realise it hadn't been.
I cannot get any managers to contact me and help fix the mistake
I've now joined another gym and would like my membership cancelled but they won't do that either.

Never have I seen such lousy customer service from management. Other staff members have told me that management can waive the fees and for me to not update my payment details till it's been sorted but management are no help whatsoever.

DO NOT JOIN! There are gyms out there that don't just want your money.

Club lime rips off students at anu

My son signed up for casual membership and confirmed with staff at sign up that he could cancel at any time. This was untrue and they kept debiting his bank account. Do not sign up for club lime. They are ripping off students

Greedy - Takes advantage of poor people.

This is a gym that only wants your money. They have worked out a system that keeps you in a never ending payment loop without being able to cancel if you don't settle all debts. There is a minimum 30 days notice, However it's impossible to give the notice until all debts are paid and continues to take money out of your account as if you are still using the gym, without letting you access the gym. Every fortnight i was charged an additional $20 for not paying on time when i had informed them i do not get paid until the following 2 days every fortnight. Therefore accrue greater debt making it even harder to cancel your account. I told them this and they said you cant select the date that the payment comes out. It's just disgusting and I do not reccomend it for people who are struggling financially. They take advantage of poor people.

Kingston club refurb has left it smelling BAD!!!!

Refurb at Kingston decreased the group fitness room to unbelievably small (clearly designed by someone who has never taken a class in that room) and the materials used to refurb the club STINK!! Like vomit. Or really really bad body oder. Six months on and it’s not better. Silver members forced to upgrade to Platinum when the cycle studio was ‘moved’ to the Foreshore with only 2 weeks notice. At least that cycle studio doesn’t stink; but the technology is ‘down’ more than its up.

Hidden fees, slack personal trainers

Had a personal trainer with whom it took weeks to get an appointment with. He kept rescheduling last minute. Then gave me a generic program that had nothing to do with my goals. Eventually when I cancelled my 'no contract' membership I was slapped with a huge cancellation fee disguised as '28 day notice period'. In other words just a massive rip off.

Only saving grace is the cheap membership and some quality trainers

The equipment is old - still from previous gym owners
2/5 of the toilets work - the others have been out of use for months
Range of classes is okay, but limited to les mills (lots of pump and balance) - should offer more attack and combat
Personal trainers hog the functional equipment

CISAC is Great, the rest are 4 Walls some Equipment and a lot of people.

I've had a few different types of club lime memberships. I really enjoyed training at the Cisac gym, the equipment there is awesome, pool, sauna, children swimming area. Great place. I could never seem to find a gym membership that just allowed me to sign-up to the cisac gym, to use gym and pool, it seemed I had to go with the platinum membership/one of the higher level memberships.

I have also trained at several of the other smaller club limes, including gold creek, gungahlin and crace. The classes are good if they are a part of your membership, but other than that I always felt like they were over crowded, as if they just sign way too many people up to these gyms. Peak times are way to busy for the size of the gym.

I have watched several of the personal training staff and they are not enthusiastic at all, they don't seem to care about the clients form/technique. I even witnessed a few of the trainers playing games on their phone in between the client using the equipment.

It seems anything to do with online processing seemed buggy, I even had problems with the online signup form, fields would randomly changed what I entered in them. I would imagine it would be a simple process to cancel your membership online.

Con artists at Club Pink CISAC

My experience of this club is from several years ago but I thought I should add my 2 cents.

I signed up for a completely free' 1 week trial at club pink Belconnen. After one week I decided not to sign up for a year because we were moving away from the area. They forced me to pay $50 for the luxury of trialing their gym. I argued that there was no $50 fee mentioned anywhere but they insisted it was their company policy even though it was not stated anywhere. The girls at the front desk belittled me for expecting a free trial even though that is what they advertised until I paid because I was embarrased to argue with them anymore.

I have joined serveral other gyms since and because of that horrible experience, I will never reccomend anyone join them.

The staff don't do anything

The facilities and locations are pretty good but god the staff get paid to do literally nothing. There are so many gym users that constantly break the club lime policies and the staff just sit there. Pretty much every time I go people are slamming and not putting away weights, using multiple pieces of equipment at once and grunting and making excessive noise. In plain site of the useless staff.

Not “Platinum”

I just use the fitness classes and find the space and the instructors fine. I can’t comment on other elements of the gym as I don’t use them but the reduction and concentration of staff into one one main desk has made the place less friendly and service oriented. However, CISAC is “Platinum” only membership and the recent decision to stop providing clean towels has further eroded the benefits without any reduction in cost. Even more than the loss of this service, which was very convenient, I resent the club selling this as an environmental benefit. The club put up a notice saying that it that saves on the environmental costs of washing and drying and telling members that that we can simply ‘pop our towel in with the weekly wash’. You are just transferring the costs from you to us, Club Lime! If you are seriously encouraging use to use the same towel for a whole week, then you are just spreading disease! Reduce membership costs and give us 7 towels or admit that CISAC is just the old “Silver” service masquerading as beyond gold!

Arrogant Front desk

Very arrogant staff and terrible customer service. Management has to look for someone who is pleasant to be at the front desk than someone who is just there to show off their curves and tattoos. Get annoyed if any questions asked. When asked about the training times the girl was upset and asked me to look at the brochure but that does not say when I am booked for training or which day.

Ready for a refurb .

Been coming here for 13 years
Showers and toilets need refurb
Olympic Pool floor not always kept clean
But I think still the best set up in Canberra
Mark

Great Gym but let down in many other areas.

I like Club Pink Cisac, it's got a nice atmosphere, a good range of equipment and the kitchen where you can get coffee and tea is just lovely. Unfortunately other things let them down to the point I would not recommend. 1) I booked in with a personal trainer for 3 sessions. One session she spent 10 minutes with me and then left me alone, and then it was too difficult to organise another with her (no room in her schedule). Their payment processes are archaic if you want to change any details, it is almost 100% too difficult to get through to anyone on the phone, which is Soo frustrating. Finally, perhaps most obviously the staff at the front desk couldn't give a crap about you. Some staff in Club Pink Cisac are lovely, but front desk let's everyone down. Could be AWESOME, but falls short.

Only care about taking your money - don't bother.

Whilst I went to the gym there it was okay, staff was never friendly and occasionally quite rude. I cancelled my membership and got a receipt saying last payment would be 3/3/17. It's now roughly a month later and I've been charged every week since then. I emailed them and they were fine, said they would cancel it and give me a refund but nope, money is still coming out and theyre doing nothing about it.

Rude and arrogant sunday front staff at Cisac Belconnen

This girl just forced me to sign for platinum membership when i told her i didn't even want to use the club pool. And she just said i had no other choice. So rude and arrogant

So convenient! :)

I used to swim here twice a week & found the pool to often be quite busy, so you have to choose the best time to go. Joined the club a few months back & absolutely love it!!! I used to pay $44 a fortnight for a gym with classes & 24hr access. Now I get access to CISAC plus pool, spa & sauna, free lockers, free parking, classes PLUS access to any other club lime facility all included for $45 a fortnight!!! The club is HUGE so even when it's busy you can still find a spot to fit your workout in! ☺ Staff are always happy & friendly & always want to accommodate!

The worst experience ever

I am triying to cancel my membership months ago and they just continues charging me.
Sending emails calling them and still after 4 months they still charge me.
So so disappointed

Great facility, staff not great!

Club lime Cisac has a great facility and good classes with good instructors. However, I am there almost every day and there is not a day that go past when I DON'T see ALL the personal trainers on their phone. I never see them look up and smile at a single member of the gym. For example they had a new person starting this week and she was left by her self and was on her phone for 10 minutes in the club shirt! I don't think that is very professional. I hope this review might help the club be more strict with phones at work.

Another Victim of Club Group taking money without approval

joined for 1 yr in Sept 2014; its almost sept 2016 & they are still stealing money from my account; apparently they changed the conditions to allow themselves to take money without authorisation! I feel robbed & cheated!! Very unethical - Shame on the Club Group!

Gross experience...A disgusting filthy dirty cold smelly place

After visiting cisac I was left disappointed appalled and disgusted with this run down filthy facility, staffed with useless rude kids..The water in the showers and spa is cold..Due to run down unmaintained facility...You cannot breath in there, the air is thick with chemicals with no fresh air to be found..The lockers are problematic take your money and the staff couldn't care less and just fob you off no refund there poorly trained staff..The spar was a greezy filthy cold sespit...Covered in greesy filth..This place used to be nice to visit...Not anymore