The Club Group

The Club Group

See the Best Fitness & Leisure Centres in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Jodie R.

Jodie R.Canberra Central 2601, ACT

BEWARE cancellation terms

Due to my local club refurbishing and not notifying the members that they will not be running any scheduled classes, I decided to suspend my membership. Due to the fact that I had to move to a further away gym to do my body pump classes, I cancelled my membership. Nearly a month later they are still debiting my account. Members BEWARE that they still charge you for a month after cancellation - even if you haven’t been using their gym! Bad customer service all round. Will not join again!

Pathetic unhelpful rip offs

Antonie M.

Antonie M.Dickson 2602, ACT

Overcharged, no communication, no etiquette

Due to an error on their end they overcharged me by $20 for the fortnight. They didn't communicate this with me at all - and had to spend forever on the phone, finally having to write emails to get an explanation.

Beyond this - the facilities are generally nice, but gym rules aren't enforced, and there's zero etiquette

I'm only a student and they are ridiculously charging me with their banking business wrongly

Due to my health and other injuries I wanted to cancel my gym membership. Today they said that my banking wasn't right, before I could get to do anything about it they already took another extra $20 out of my account. How does that make sense that this time the banking worked without my interference but they still charged me for $68.. I'm just a student and don't have that much money on my hand to be taken away from me. I'm never joining this club again

JBay

JBaySouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Club Lime - Terrible customer service, rip off

I tried to use the Club Lime at Curtin, ACT. No-one was ever on the desk so I could not obtain my token to get me into the gym after hours which is when I use it. No staff are ever available on the weekend. Too expensive and the PT Instructors are inexperienced and rude. Will never join again.

ryan84

ryan84Canberra 2600, ACT

No pools southside

Signed up for platinum but there are no pools southside. The club has two pools and both are Northside. Closest one to to Tuggeranong is 25 minutes away. However the gyms are good. Its a shame about the pools.

Awful gym

Trying to my cancel memership is a nightmare.showers are gross and front desk is rude.club changed hands and just dived.Really unpleasent place.Stay away so many better gyms to choose from.

Forced to rejoin at a higher rate to gain access to Club Lime when already a member at that level.

Rachel T

Rachel TCanberra

No Customer Service AT ALL!

My membership was meant to be placed on hold while i was on holiday
Came back to realise it hadn't been.
I cannot get any managers to contact me and help fix the mistake
I've now joined another gym and would like my membership cancelled but they won't do that either.

Never have I seen such lousy customer service from management. Other staff members have told me that management can waive the fees and for me to not update my payment details till it's been sorted but management are no help whatsoever.

DO NOT JOIN! There are gyms out there that don't just want your money.

Van

VanSydney, NSW

Club lime rips off students at anu

My son signed up for casual membership and confirmed with staff at sign up that he could cancel at any time. This was untrue and they kept debiting his bank account. Do not sign up for club lime. They are ripping off students

Harrison R.

Harrison R.Belconnen 2617, ACT

Greedy - Takes advantage of poor people.

JES

JESSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Kingston club refurb has left it smelling BAD!!!!

Refurb at Kingston decreased the group fitness room to unbelievably small (clearly designed by someone who has never taken a class in that room) and the materials used to refurb the club STINK!! Like vomit. Or really really bad body oder. Six months on and it’s not better. Silver members forced to upgrade to Platinum when the cycle studio was ‘moved’ to the Foreshore with only 2 weeks notice. At least that cycle studio doesn’t stink; but the technology is ‘down’ more than its up.

Kieran

Kieran

Hidden fees, slack personal trainers

Had a personal trainer with whom it took weeks to get an appointment with. He kept rescheduling last minute. Then gave me a generic program that had nothing to do with my goals. Eventually when I cancelled my 'no contract' membership I was slapped with a huge cancellation fee disguised as '28 day notice period'. In other words just a massive rip off.

P 383

P 383wollongong

Only saving grace is the cheap membership and some quality trainers

The equipment is old - still from previous gym owners
2/5 of the toilets work - the others have been out of use for months
Range of classes is okay, but limited to les mills (lots of pump and balance) - should offer more attack and combat
Personal trainers hog the functional equipment

Anonymous

AnonymousCanberra

CISAC is Great, the rest are 4 Walls some Equipment and a lot of people.

birdie

birdieCanberra

Con artists at Club Pink CISAC

Kit Fisto

Kit FistoCanberra

The staff don't do anything

The facilities and locations are pretty good but god the staff get paid to do literally nothing. There are so many gym users that constantly break the club lime policies and the staff just sit there. Pretty much every time I go people are slamming and not putting away weights, using multiple pieces of equipment at once and grunting and making excessive noise. In plain site of the useless staff.

CameraShy

CameraShy

Not “Platinum”

Edward

EdwardBelconnen

Arrogant Front desk

Very arrogant staff and terrible customer service. Management has to look for someone who is pleasant to be at the front desk than someone who is just there to show off their curves and tattoos. Get annoyed if any questions asked. When asked about the training times the girl was upset and asked me to look at the brochure but that does not say when I am booked for training or which day.

Ready for a refurb .

Been coming here for 13 years
Showers and toilets need refurb
Olympic Pool floor not always kept clean
But I think still the best set up in Canberra