The Diva Cup Model 1

The Diva Cup Model 1

See the Best Tampons & Menstrual Cups in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for The Diva Cup Model 1? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Easy to insert

• Can't feel it inside you

Cons

• Sometimes leaks

3.4
  • Causes Irritation Yes (1) · No (6)
  • Comfort

Worst menstrual cup that I have ever used. Constantly leaks.

I've used a different brand of menstrual cup before I purchased diva and have not had any issues with it. HOwever using Diva has been a really terrible experience and I would not recommend it to anyone, please purchase Luna cup instead.

I am constantly having leaks with diva, it does not open up properly when inserted inside, even if you try to adjust it. It's embarrassing because a number of times I have inserted it and went out only to find out I was having a major leak and has a blood spot on my pants.

I know this is not because I am using it incorrectly as I never had this issue with other menstrual cups.

I don't know what is wrong with it, but it is certainly not suitable for its intended purpose.

GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK!

Purchased in October 2020.

Natalie
NatalieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Waste of money!!!

Diva cup size 2 overflowed after less than 3 hours as my menstrual flow is heavy and the cup capacity of 30 ml is unsuitable. When I removed it there was clearly more flow than the cup could ever hold. This is made for 8 hours wear??? Impossible. If you have a heavy flow this product will not work. I’m very disappointed with their false advertising.

Purchased in February 2021 at Chemist Australia for $45.00.

Leah L.
Leah L.South East Queensland, QLD

6 months in and it leaks

The first 4 times were great no problems so I feel confident I know how to use properly. But the last 2 times it continually leaked. It has 4 small holes at the top which are very ordinary to clean. Love menstrual cups just not this one, reliving my teens with constant leaks was a traumatic nightmare

Purchased at Woolworths for $45.00.

Kirs10steel
Kirs10steelGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

**It's stuck** Do your research. Alot of horror stories and there.

Purchased in May 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for $40.00.

meili
meiliPerth

Actually I have Diva cup 2, after having two kids.

I only wish I bought one earlier! I bought this on impulse and never looked back. It’s amazing. No leaks at all. Easy to insert. Environmentally sound. Economical. Fabulous product.

Purchased in January 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for $39.00.

Ebony B
Ebony BSydney Surrounds, NSW

Best thing invented

I hated using pads, tampons were obviously the next best thing but with the waste and cost was ridiculous. Got the diva cup and mastered it in a day! I still have a little leakage but that is only when I wipe not on my underwear. If you follow the instructions you'll be able to do it as well! One tip I found really helpful the rotating 360 definitely works and also having a clean towel to help clean yourself if you arent in the toilet. Towel also helps to grab it if you are struggling to get out also! Definitely recommend for anyone wanting to spend less and stop waste :)

Purchased in October 2019 at Woolworths.

Causes Irritation No

After 10 years of tampons and pads, I don’t know why I didn’t switch sooner.

Purchased in July 2019 for $35.00.

Amazing!

I tried this because I am a college student and wanted to find ways to cut budget. SOOO easy, cheap, comfortable and practical! I have a heavy flow and this helped a lot.

Purchased in November 2018 for $40.00.

Peta  Young
Peta YoungGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not enough grip

I’ve been using menstrual cups for over 10 years so I thought I’d try the Diva Cup. It didn’t work for me. There was always leakage,I found it harder to insert than other brands and always felt uncomfortable. Upon examination, I realised the thick ring at the top of the cup was thinner than other brands hence it did not grip as strong as other brands. I cannot trust the Diva cup so have discontinued use.

Best thing ever!

Love this cup so much! Easy to use and keep clean.. no leaks or issues AT ALL! Has made the period-dread disappear :) Don't hesitate to get one!! Best invention ever!

Horrible

The diva cup causes me so much pain that persists and worsens throughout the course of my period, not to mention it makes me so unbelievably bloated I look pregnant. It’s a stupid product and there is absolutely no helpful articles about this issue I’m having because “bloating” and “cramps” are normal when you are on your period.... NOT when they are this extreme. This is my 3rd cycle using the diva cup and I hate it almost MORE than I did when I first tried it. Super annoyed that I spent $40 on this product when it literally makes being on my period 10x worse than its ever been. Thanks diva cup!!

Linda
LindaChicago

a bit to hard for me

The Diva cup is a little harder than others I have tried, so not for me but the quality was good.
the size is a good fit just not the hardness

Awesome

It was one of best things I had found. I did not have many problem learning how to use it and it just works perfectly for me. Highly recommended for everyone

Bethanyalyce1986
Bethanyalyce1986Melbourne

I wish I found it sooner!

belindaberry
belindaberrySouth East Queensland, QLD

Nothing short of AMAZING!

This is the first time ive used the diva cup and its nothing short of amazing!

Its soft and super easy to insert. I have a pretty heavy flow so i was a bit worried about leaking but it hasnt leaked once. I love the convenience of only having to empty it and wash it every 12 or so hours and theres no plastic waste.

I doubt I'll ever use pads again and im definitely getting my friends onto it.

Features:

• The Diva Cup Model 1 is made for those between the ages of 19 and 30 with a medium menstrual flow.
  • It has a trimmable stem, letting you adjust the cup to whatever is most comfortable for you.
  • The Diva Cup offers up to 8 hours of protection, letting you go hours without worrying about any leaks.
  • Your vagina will be happy knowing that this menstrual cup is BPA, chemical, plastic and dye free. It’s also made from medical-grade silicone, making for a safe, hygienic menstrual hygiene product.
  • An easy grip at the stem helps with easy removal, so you don’t have to worry about being left struggling with your cup in a toilet cubicle with your pants around your ankles.
  • All three models cost $45.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers said that the Diva Cup Model 1 was easy to insert.
  • They also said that it was comfortable and couldn’t be felt when it was inside - with some cup wearers saying that it stayed in place regardless of how they contorted their body.

A pain point:

• Some reviewers said that it leaked well before the 8 hour mark - while this may be an issue with the design, it may also be that the cup has overflown for users with a heavy flow. In the case of the latter, try changing your cup more frequently.