The First Years Slimline Decor

The First Years Slimline Decor

Very happy

I have been using this gate at the top of my stairs for over two years and I love it. I hardware mounted it & haven't had a problem. My 3 year old still can't open it herself but adults have no problem with the locking mechanism. Looks fantastic & does the job keeping my family safe.
Reliable, easy install

Extremely unsafe product - Gate Broke at top of Stairs

Do not risk your childs life with this gate. Not only did the bolts that hold the panels on the gate thread over the space of approx 1 month, but through my shear horror the gate snapped off its plastic hinges as I was walking through to go down the stairs. I am just grateful my son was in my arms at the time and not walking beside me. The customer service was less than desireable. Firstly I was told the gate was not meant to be used at the top of stairs and then I was told that I must have caused the damage. Disgusted to say the least. I will never buy a plastic hinged safety gate again and definetly not a First Years product. Please think about your babies before buying this product.
The colour and look
Weak plastic parts, bolts threaded