Thermann Gas Continuous Flow 5 Star

Thermann Gas Continuous Flow 5 Star

5.0 from 1 review

Its hot! & water keeps coming.

I purchased the model Thermann GCF 26 6 star Model when the 320 Litre solar powered gave up in 3 plus few months. I am glad I purchased this unit. Had I repaired other unit it was on its last leg with corrosion on the bottom of the water tank. This unit was recommended by the installing plumber. Did some research on this forum & forked out $1100 for the unit.
Pros. Works well. We are 3 people family unit & we tend to take quick showers even with a teen in the house. Takes about 30-40 seconds on coldest days to get the hot water going. There's no boiled water or like constant boiled hot water tank which saves a bundle specially at night when it constantly get be in the 60c temps.
According to packaging this was made in Japan. Not many come electronics come from that region, perhaps better quality.
Cons: There's no tank so you have to wait till the heater element to get kick started. If some one has taken prior shower I find the hot water flow to be quicker. The first person in the morning will have to wait the longest to get the hot water going as the burner has to get it going & the water has to travel through pipes. I normally let the mixer turn to hot & leave it for few seconds. I also noticed if you stop the shower to do your body wash/ shampoo lathering, the hot water flow quickly disappears leaving with you with cold water flow. I am not sure if its easier to leave the hot water running wasting water which will give you hot water flow. I am ok with turning it off & waiting for another 20 30 seconds to get the hot water going. We live in an age of impatience where waiting for hot water for 1 minute becomes painful, then I think of all the people in remotes parts of the world who do not have any running water. Then it becomes lot more to enjoy that hot shower.
Its only been a month with the unit. I did check with the company they said it has 12 yr warranty, in reality I am sure it will be part to break with in 3 yrs thats not covered under warranty.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

See all Thermann Gas Continuous Flow reviews

Wnat temperature is the hot water set at?
I think it is set around 60. When installed, the plumber went back and forth between the unit and the hot water tap furthest away until he was happy with the temperature, so it could even be higher. It does feel geat when using it though.

Is there a warranty with thermann 26 is it twelve months?
12 Year Warranty

I have the same problem shower goes cold for about three minutes every time. I certainly will not be recommending a Thermann 26 to anyone at all. Has anyone found out how to stop shower going cold half way through it yet please let me know if you have? thanks Jim
Hi Jim l am a Fully Licenced Plumber and recently installed a Therman 26 at my own house and from day one have the same problem you are having. I have tried everything possible to rectify this myself and are waiting on Reece to contact me after Christmas, I am very disappointed in this unit and at the moment will not install any more until l can get it sorted. I will let you know how l go. Cheers Paul.Probably the shower heads water saving device that's causing the problemDid you know that instantaneous hot water systems (HWS's) require a certain amount of water to pass through per second to stay active? For example if you turn your hot water tap on really lightly you will notice it doesn't stay hot. So low water pressure is the issue causing your problem. That said, low water pressure can come from 1 of 3 things: 1) you have low water pressure to your property (the least likely in suburban Australia) 2) you have a water saving shower head that doesn't allow enough water through even on full pressure (most likely, just remove the flow restrictors in it, sometimes 2 inside) or 3) You have installed the HWS without a controller, and therefore have to use a tap to mix hot and cold water to get the correct temperature. Thus using less pressure from the HWS and substituting some or maybe even half of the pressure with mains water. In this case you will need to have a controller installed so you can run the hot water on max with no cold water mix. Good luck!

Compare all Thermann Gas Continuous Flow