Thermann Gas Continuous Flow 6 Star

Thermann Gas Continuous Flow 6 Star

See the Best Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

AJM

Worst thing I have ever purchased

Purchased in September 2018 for $1,800.00.

Household Size 3 person(s)
Smells of GasNo
AJM

My negative review still stands on this system. Contacted thermann as advised, took well over a month for someone to come out to repair. The repair did absolutely nothing.

Dennis P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Unit works well! Disappointed in the plumber who recommended a 50 degree unit to replace a 60 degree unit

Recently had new Thermann26 installed to replace an old unit. We were not getting hot water to several locations in the house. I have had little response from the plumber but great response from Herrmann who have made attempts to come on-site to review. The issue is that the Thermann 26 is a 50 degree unit replacing a 60 degree so water temp lower than previous. It appears probable negligence on part of the plumber. Fantastic support from Thermann people to resolve the issue. Highly recommended.

Purchased in May 2019 at Directly from the plumber for $1,200.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 4 person(s)
Smells of GasYes
Dennis P.

I appreciate your response and will make contact as you suggest!

Michael

MichaelCentral West, NSW

Very low pressure

Purchased this unit on recommendation from plumber after my old storage unit died. Pressure from this unit is atrocious. Shower at 1 end of the house goes completely cold mid shower and you have to turn off the cold water then wait for hot to come back. If you want to use two appliances like the kitchen sink and a shower.... forget about it.
Positive is it never runs out of hot water.
Definitely should have gone for another storage unit.

Purchased in January 2019 for $2,000.00.

Smells of GasYes

Best gcf i ever used

Previous dux heater used 45 kg bottle in 6 weeks only 2 0f us and hot water only thermann is at 11 weeks and still going spot on hot water and easy to use
Would absolutely recommend it we are on tank water with pump
No problems whatsoever
Rex f

Purchased in March 2019 at Reece for $1,200.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 2 person(s)
Smells of GasNo
Heating Speed

Very happy with this unit

One month in since I installed the Thermann 6* 16L and I'm very pleased. I only need to wait around 15-20sec to have a very hot water in the shower (@60C), I don't experience any water temp' fluctuation, and the water flow is steady.
the only reason I gave it 4*and not 5* is because you can't change the temperature without buying the R/C for an extra $100.(which I didn't buy)
Please note, the system is for serving two people with minimal use( showers and a bit in the kitchen ), the distance from the unit to the shower is around 8 meter, and to the kitchen is around 4 meter.
The installation was straightforward and cost $1100 including the unit.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Absolutely crap.

Constant waste of water. From every outlet I have to wait ages for any hint of hot water with the cold turned off. The temperature also fluctuates still with the cold off. Sometimes it doesn’t even kick in and send hot water, I’ve had to go and turn the unit off and on again. Another waste of my money thanks to a plumber highly recommending it. Very very disappointed

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Donna

DonnaPerth

Agree wholeheartedly with Worst Item Ever

So much water is wasted to actually get hot water. Bought this thinking it would be more economical, stupid decision. Used to be able to have a 5 minute shower, now to get 5 minutes of water at a perfect temperature I am standing there for at least 25 minutes. Shower goes cold after about 3 minutes. No good just trying to adjust the hot water tap. Have to completely turn the shower off and start again - so again you're wasting litres of water to get hot water. Our gas bill is also now a lot more!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Ian

IanNSW, 2580

Thermann 6* 20L C/Flow 50DEG NG

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Yvonne Caldwell

Yvonne CaldwellAU

Only want a good shower

I thought that it wasn't very good for the first two years, terribly bad pressure in the shower, good every where else, I had taken out shower head restrictor didn't seem to make any difference,, finally found another restrictor at the inlet, goodness two of them, my shower is now perfect

Date PurchasedMay 2016
C64

C64AU

Worst item ever

So much water is wasted to actually get hot water. Bought this thinking it would be more economical, stupid decision. Used to be able to have a 5 minute shower, now to get 5 minutes of water at a perfect temperature I am standing there for at least 25 minutes. Shower goes cold after about 3 minutes. No good just trying to adjust the hot water tap. Have to completely turn the shower off and start again - so again you're wasting litres of water to get hot water. Had an elderly relative stay who needs a shower chair, she had to bathe at the neighbours - she would either have 3rd degree burns or be frozen at our house. Continuous hot water - what's that?????

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Rob

Installed new Thernann 26 today. Less than impressed.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Mark

MarkAuckland

Better than Rinnai

Date PurchasedMay 2018

gpaterson

gpatersonAU

Excellent product.

We had one of these installed about six months ago. The hot water temperature is perfect. The plumber recommended this system and it has been a great choice. Would highly recommend one of these continuous hot water systems. It is much cheaper to run than the old electric hot water service.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

darylkay

darylkayWaldara

Research required prior to product selection

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Ian

IanAdelaide

Very Unhappy

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Chovieh

ChoviehAdelaide

Disappointed

So our we replaced our old gas water heater, Tank type. This Thermann produces a lot of hot water, fantastic. Problem is you cannot use water saving shower heads, need the waterflow to be high in order to get consistent water temperature. The worst part for us, is the exhaust gasses (Carbon monoxide) will fill the shed and or gazebo so you have to vacate these areas until the gasses disappate. So now I have been informed that my options are to relocate the hot water water system (and plumbing) or get a an additional flume to discharge the gasses above the roof line of the house which will hopefully prevent the gasses filling the gazebo or shed.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

William

WilliamVictoria, 3714

What a difference

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Kevin

KevinGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Thermann Gas Continuous Flow Hot Water.

I had this unit installed to replace the useless Chromagen Solar Hot water system. The Thermann unit I had installed by Diamond Valley Plumbing is the 26L 6 star unit which is preset at 60deg. The water heats very quickly and is continuous without any disruption. The unit comes with a 12 year warranty for peace of mind also. Leaves the old Chromegan system for dead and no stupid oversize storage tank taking up space.

Date PurchasedDec 2016