2Thermomix TM5

4.2

brenton_ta23
brenton_ta23Metropolitan Adelaide, SA8 posts
  TM5

Good concept. Poor quality product. Should be a quarter of the price

Our TM5 has had every imaginable failure. Build quality is incredibly poor for the price. They profit well off of the repairs as well. And the interface is hideously slow. Gets worse every update. Not impressed with Vorworx. The community and recipes have value. The concept is good. Just buy a cheaper alternative if you like this style of cooking.
Disappointed
DisappointedSydney, NSW45 posts
  TM5

Lack of service centre in Sydney

Cannot drop off the unit to a service centre to see what is wrong with it and get a free quote.

Need to pay $169 and then you have to find a large enough box, packing material and then lug it to a post office. They aren't exactly easy to carry in a large box.

Not impressed with all the mucking around for what I would think is a popular product.

Adam H.
Adam H.

Very poor quality

Very poor quality Thermomix TM5 and absolutely dreadful customer service. I purchased the machine in 2017 and needed to pay approx £400 repairs in 2022. Machine broke again in 2023 and the customer service response was "out of warranty - purchase again on our website". Avoid buying such an expensive machine that barely lasts a few years Show details
Thermomix   DM

Hi Adam, we are sorry to hear about your experience with your TM5. So that we can determine if we can assist, do you reside in UK or Australia as this is the Australian product review platform.

Andrew E.
Andrew E.2 posts
Sam
Sam

Terrible customer service

It’s a great appliance when it’s working however when it stops working they expect $$$$$ to have it fixed. I have just had mine sent away for the scales malfunctioning and they have responded with a quote for over $500. I am truely disgusted that an appliance that costs this amount of money does not even last 10 years. This was my second machine as I had already upgraded but I will think twice next time. I feel as though thermomix as a brand are morally corrupt and will do and say anything for more money Show details
yeahright0
yeahright0South East Queensland, QLD12 posts
Wenona Starkey
Wenona StarkeySouth East Queensland, QLD6 posts

Love my Thermi

My TM5 was passed down to me and at first I was very overwhelmed by it, but now I use it multiple times a day from cooking meals, to baking, to even dog treats. It has opened up a whole new world of food for me and I love being able to make so many things from scratch instead of constantly eating processed foods.
trudynickless
trudynickless5 posts
  TM5

Liquid spill!! Major Flaw in product!!!

My son spilt liquid into machine without seal. I then had it repaired only to find two years on I have had major issues with the machine. $580 worth of further damage this caused. With such an expensive machine this is a major flaw. My advice would be don’t buy a second hand machine withouy knowing it’s history. Mine was purchased new.
Cassee
CasseeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible customer service

I do enjoy having my thermomix however I find it is an overpriced appliance as I rarely cook meals, I chop, weigh steam but cooking isn't the same then on stove top or oven, risotto's come out ok...But the most frustrating and disappointing thing of late is the customer service. If there is a fault, for example the scales don't' work they expect you to pack your 2.5K appliance and send through Australia post, even if you reside close to their Braeside facility they will not accept drop offs or your own personal courier. I find this appalling and disgraceful. Why should you be expected to pack your overpriced delicate appliance and post through Australia Post. Lift up your game Thermomix... Show details
Susan J
Susan JSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts
Look after your customer
Look after your customerWide Bay-Burnett, QLD21 posts
  Verified TM5

Got back my kitchen mojo!

In 2016, I finally got to see a Thermomix. I knew then it would change my life in the kitchen! I now own a TM6 too! No regrets at all. Show details ·  1
Tracy F.
Tracy F.South East Queensland, QLD2 posts
Tania J
Tania JMetropolitan Adelaide, SA5 posts
  TM5

Recipes should be in alphabetical order making it user friendly

Recipes should be in alphabetical order making it user friendly. This is not the case since the TM6 arrived. So basically to spend over $2000 on a product that you want your recipes in alphabetical order, I now find I am scrolling through from A-Z just to find a recipe. Very time consuming and frustrating to say the lease. Don't waste your money. Vorwerk do not care about their existing customers who own a TM5. Don't go there.  Show details
Love to travel
Love to travelSouth East Queensland, QLD22 posts
Damien
DamienNorth Queensland, QLD

Rubbish rip off

Had issues with the scale feature. Sent it back to thermomix only to be told it will be over $600 to fix. The TM5 came back and stopped suddenly halfway through a cook and would not restart. It has now gone back to Thermomix again, we won't be paying this rubbish company one more cent for repairs and will tell them to throw it in their bin to save us the dump fees! We will never ever buy another Thermomix product.